Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']H

EDIT:

Just won Whirlwind on EBay for $10+shipping. Bid $10 just to see what happened, no one else bid. Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but NO stores EVER have Skylanders in stock around me. Went to TRU ONCE because I took off from work and they had EVERYTHING. But that was when I wasn't into it and I picked up nothing :([/QUOTE]

Good, bad...you're the one with the Whirlwind.

[quote name='sykotek']For those who missed out last time, Legendary Trigger Happy is now available for in-store pickup, be sure to click "select a store" on the right and just punch in your Zip Code to see if there are any near you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. The same store where we got the Legendary pack a couple weeks ago lists Legendary TH as in stock. Ordered it and will pick it up tomorrow, after my Mass Effect 3 run.

If there are some additional Legendary TH in stock and anyone would like me to grab one, PM me.

For the record, I'm nearing 40 and and play with these things. Never gonna grow up, no way. Damned fun and the only game my wife enjoys playing, which is reason enough. Then again, it's kinda business-oriented, too...kinda.

I'm not a usual TRU shopper. If the site has no option to pick up for that store (out of inventory), does that mean there's definitely no stock at that store? Or should I go take a chance and run to the store.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not a usual TRU shopper. If the site has no option to pick up for that store (out of inventory), does that mean there's definitely no stock at that store? Or should I go take a chance and run to the store.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a usual TRU peep, either - but a couple weeks ago, there were plenty of things in stock that were not listed as 'not available for pickup'. So it's not definitely out of stock, no. Just no comfort that it's actually in stock.

That said, their inventory management is pretty near the bottom of the list - Best Buy's is miles better, if that's any reference.

Wave 4 is close...

eim929.jpg

[quote name='Corvin']how close?[/QUOTE]

In OP it states April (Easter Time)

Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder 3-pack missing in the pic! Its also scheduled to be release that same time i think.

Common supply from China... get here already!!
Im still hunting Prism Break, Boomer & Voodood 3-pack!

[quote name='confoosious']wow, if Best Buy is miles better, I would drive to TRU with Legendary Happy Trigger and expect it to be closed down.[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that not all TRU participate in the store pick-up program so it will show as out of stock.

Hey, just a quick question and I apologize if it has already been covered, but with the Best Buy exclusive item, does it not come in the Mega Pack bundle? I received the bundle as a gift and it was purchased from Best Buy but it did not come with the exclusive item. It just seems kind of weird to me that they wouldn't include with with the more expensive bundle and I have only seen it at Best Buy so far, so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to get it or not.

I'm still working my way through the game, I'm on chapter 8 right now, going to play chapter 9 tonight, but I take a lot of time in each level, so I'm not rushing through it... it is already getting challenging, so I need to work on leveling my characters up some... but I'm loving the game!

I am still trying to find the Empire of Ice adventure pack, I was lucky enough to get a backorder for the last element I needed, air, from Amazon. It took over a month to actually get it, but at least I have all of the elements now. So hopefully I can find the Empire of Ice adventure pack and since I will be prepared this time the Dragon's Peak as well.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey, just a quick question and I apologize if it has already been covered, but with the Best Buy exclusive item, does it not come in the Mega Pack bundle? I received the bundle as a gift and it was purchased from Best Buy but it did not come with the exclusive item. It just seems kind of weird to me that they wouldn't include with with the more expensive bundle and I have only seen it at Best Buy so far, so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to get it or not.

I'm still working my way through the game, I'm on chapter 8 right now, going to play chapter 9 tonight, but I take a lot of time in each level, so I'm not rushing through it... it is already getting challenging, so I need to work on leveling my characters up some... but I'm loving the game!

I am still trying to find the Empire of Ice adventure pack, I was lucky enough to get a backorder for the last element I needed, air, from Amazon. It took over a month to actually get it, but at least I have all of the elements now. So hopefully I can find the Empire of Ice adventure pack and since I will be prepared this time the Dragon's Peak as well.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Volcanic Vault was exclusive to the starter packs only at Best Buy. There is a sticker in the box indicating the exclusive item was inside. I think you the Mega Packs didnt have them.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']In OP it states April (Easter Time)
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, with the new pics I assumed some new info had leaked.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I believe the Volcanic Vault was exclusive to the starter packs only at Best Buy. There is a sticker in the box indicating the exclusive item was inside. I think you the Mega Packs didnt have them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is kind of what I figured... kinda stinks they wouldn't include it with the Mega Pack when you buy it from Best Buy... no biggy, probably would have never used it anyway, but still would have been cool to have.

Thanks again

[quote name='sykotek']For those who missed out last time, Legendary Trigger Happy is now available for in-store pickup, be sure to click "select a store" on the right and just punch in your Zip Code to see if there are any near you. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks - why couldn't they have done this originally though :bomb:.

Well, there does appear to be one store with it but it is the furthest one away from me and I don't think I can get up there within 5 days. I guess I can order it and just not get it if it shows up somewhere else in the next few days. I assume they just cancel and refund if you don't pick up.

I wish I could say it was the Nyquil, but that's legit.

Damned if "Verified by Visa" and "MasterCard SecureCode" aren't absolute pains in the ass. Kept wanting me to confirm a password for something I never set up and wouldn't let me order...not until I pulled out Mr. Paypal Business Card. No problems there.

#-o... Why Bash though? So now I'll have 3 different versions of a somewhat crappy character ;).

I put in an order just in case - may cancel it later though...

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm SO GLAD I decided to skip variants. They are going to milk you guys dry with that nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Same. I might get some dragon variants, but not bash.

So amy chance Warnado is out?

[quote name='elessar123']Same. I might get some dragon variants, but not bash.

So amy chance Warnado is out?[/QUOTE]

No, I believe Warnado (also Camo, Ignitor sold outside of 3DS starter, as well as a triple pack with all 3) are Wave 5 due in May. That leaves only Wham Shell remaining.

Anyone seen the new ones in stores today? I'm anxious about finding them fast, since once the Ebayers get the scent it'll be ages before I can track down the figures.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Anyone seen the new ones in stores today? I'm anxious about finding them fast, since once the Ebayers get the scent it'll be ages before I can track down the figures.[/QUOTE]

Was at Best Buy and Target today and all I saw were empty shelves :(

Scoured four different stores today, Best Buy, Target, Walmart and TRU. All empty shelves. I'm in the Willow Grove, PA area. Haven't seen many skylanders since January.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Going to TRU everyday this week during my lunch break..I'm either gonna look like a devoted dad or creepy uncle. Either way, I'll keep checking the area. Gonna add K-Mart to my list of stores to check regularly.

My experience today when going to a far-away TRU to pick up a Legendary Trigger Happy I reserved for store pickup:

Best Buy - empty
TRU - empty except for about 12 Legendary Trigger Happy
Gamestop - empty
Target - empty
Walmart - empty

I'm on the hook to find more Skylanders because apparently I'm responsible for my nephew becoming addicted to them. My wife's parents bought an extra starter set from me and gave it to my nephew. Tonight as I was heading out I got the following message on Facebook from my sister-in-law:

Since you have successfully addicted my kid to Skylanders and there are no characters available in this whole darn city!! Do you happen to have 1 or 2 we could buy from you?

:lol:. I feel bad now so while I was out to pick up the Trigger Happy I was also looking for some for her (as I don't have any extras just sitting around). Fred Meyer had Whirlwind, Double Trouble, and even Cynder a few days ago but I passed on them having already got those for my kids. Had I known... Didn't some CAGs post just a few days ago saying that they were everywhere and thus the shortage was officially over? I guess not so much ;).

In particular, I haven't seen an Empire of Ice pack in ages - since like the first couple of weeks it was out.

Looks like I just missed the Flameslinger/Stump Smash/Drobot pack being in stock at Amazon. It still shows the $19.99 price but says not available when I add to cart - must have been in stock just recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU will be holding any new figures until 3/21. They will distribute tickets prior to store opening and will limit 1 figure per customer until all tickets are redeemed. You will not be able to choose your figure until you make your purchase. If any figures remain, they can be sold to whoever in any quantity.

Also, all remaining singles and 3 packs will be 25% off next week. All starter packs will be $34.99

[quote name='AionTelos']Hmm, are they really that hard to come by? I swear I see them pretty often when I go shopping. o_O[/QUOTE]

Sadly, your probably seeing them right before some re-seller swoops in and nabs 'em all. Checked today, Willow Grove TRU empty and K-mart empty. Didn't have time for other stores. Will post if I find any in the area.

Been wondering whether I should even mention this at all since it's not exactly good/flattering news, but I'd been keeping an eye on goHastings.com as per another user's suggestion for getting some Skylanders figures.

Only thing is, when they do get some stock in, they mark up the price of their stock by as much as 125% ...in particular the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3 pack for $48.99 (from around $22...which was already overpriced) and that's not even factoring in shipping!

Pretty ridiculous I think, but I guess that's one way to keep your items in stock.

Yep, saw GoHastings doing the last week. Why they price it so all over the place is anyone's guess.

That said, I did snag the Eruptor/ChopChop/Bash tri-pack from them a couple weeks ago for $19.99, then added some filler games and accessories to hit $40 during their free shipping sale.

So...just keep an eye out. Something may still pop in at MSRP from time-to-time.

Ever since GoHastings started selling on Amazon, a lot of their prices have been set according to the market rate among third-party sellers there. They have done this exact same thing with many out of print books over the last year.

@TheShepherdSauce: Awesome! Thanks! I just got in on that deal!

It was a good thing I checked before heading out. I had called around earlier and found another store near me had the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant 3-pack and had them put it on hold for me, so I was just about to head out the door to pick one up, but really, I'm in no condition to drive yet... stupid illness..., but besides the $3.50 spent on shipping, I would've definitely used more in a round trip in gasoline. :p

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be holding any new figures until 3/21. They will distribute tickets prior to store opening and will limit 1 figure per customer until all tickets are redeemed. You will not be able to choose your figure until you make your purchase. If any figures remain, they can be sold to whoever in any quantity.

Also, all remaining singles and 3 packs will be 25% off next week. All starter packs will be $34.99[/QUOTE]

This would seem true. I was in the Toy r us tonight at concord mills and they had a sign up saying that skylanders would be instore 3/21.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Gamestop.com has some 3-packs for sale online currently:

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-spyros-adventure-3-character-pack-drobot-flameslinger-stump/98979

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-spyros-adventure-3-character-pack-whirl-wind-double-trouble-drill-sergeant/98980

Came out to $25 and some change after shipping - which is actually cheaper than I would've paid at TRU after tax.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Gamestop. You suck. The entire "randomly pick" listings? Yeah, the majority of those are going to be bought up by eBay resellers.

:(

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be holding any new figures until 3/21. They will distribute tickets prior to store opening and will limit 1 figure per customer until all tickets are redeemed. You will not be able to choose your figure until you make your purchase. If any figures remain, they can be sold to whoever in any quantity.

Also, all remaining singles and 3 packs will be 25% off next week. All starter packs will be $34.99[/QUOTE]

They go from one extreme (letting people wipe out their stock) to the other extreme. fucking lame. Driving across town for a single $10 figure isn't worth the effort. Now if it was one of each of the new figures, that would make more sense. How hard is it to not allow one bitch to buy 10 Legendary packs?

Dragon's Peak is the only real exclusive left and that will be found elsewhere $5 cheaper in April anyway, so F TRU.

[quote name='Corvin']They go from one extreme (letting people wipe out their stock) to the other extreme. fucking lame. Driving across town for a single $10 figure isn't worth the effort. Now if it was one of each of the new figures, that would make more sense. How hard is it to not allow one bitch to buy 10 Legendary packs?

Dragon's Peak is the only real exclusive left and that will be found elsewhere $5 cheaper in April anyway, so F TRU.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they could easily put a stop to the hoarding by simply using sanity at the checkout instead of doing this line up thing. If I go in and they have the Lightning Rod 3 pack and Dragon's Peak, I'm going to be irritated if I can't buy both. This won't help much of anyone get one that hasn't been able to before, because once the line is served nothing prevents the resellers from cleaning them out, all it does is make things difficult for everyone.. All they have to do is put a reasonable limit to stop the people that fill up a cart with everything on the shelves. They see it happening, the employees openly tell you they have seen it numerous times.

If you are buying three or four figures, maybe even a couple of duplicates fine. If you are buying a dozen of the same pack, stop it. Maybe have a two per item per day policy, then stick to it - there isn't enough profit in reselling to justify having a network of people go in and do it two at a time, but there is enough to justify loading up a cart - they just need to make it inconvenient enough to not be worth the effort. This isn't the first time this has happened to them, it's not like they haven't had hard to find products before.

I had hoped their recent large shipments and plummeting Ebay prices would slow this down more, but I guess they are hoping to hold onto them and drive the prices back up or are trying to get in late in the game. If people would stop caving in and giving money to the Ebay douchebags with 20 identical auctions selling singles for $25+, the vultures would find something else to do.

I feel like they're trying too hard. Like this new set of skylanders is the new iphone or something.

Watch there be like 4 sad sack resellers in line and nobody else gives a crap.

By the way, I don't see how remaining packs and singles will be 25% off next week when they've pulled everything from the shelves in anticipation of this big 3/21 event.

[quote name='confoosious']I feel like they're trying too hard. Like this new set of skylanders is the new iphone or something.

Watch there be like 4 sad sack resellers in line and nobody else gives a crap.

By the way, I don't see how remaining packs and singles will be 25% off next week when they've pulled everything from the shelves in anticipation of this big 3/21 event.[/QUOTE]

Only new shipments will be held. Any inventory that stores currently have, they can sell through. I should have been more clear before, only the single packs will be held. If stores continue to receive 3 packs, they can sell those as they normally do.

Once my store gets its figures in, I can let you all know which assortments there are.

[quote name='prim4444']Only new shipments will be held. Any inventory that stores currently have, they can sell through. I should have been more clear before, only the single packs will be held. If stores continue to receive 3 packs, they can sell those as they normally do.[/QUOTE]

Does that go for the new 3 pack or Dragon's Peak?

Nice, I just received my Legendary Trigger Happy in the mail today. ...he came poorly packaged though by TRU, they shipped him in just an envelope!

I feel lucky the actual figure didn't get damaged (I've seen various broken Skylanders figures online and at retail in the time since I started buying them), the cardboard backing is badly creased, the plastic is visibly crushed inwards in multiple places.

If I thought of these as collector's items, I'd probably be freaking out right now, but all I care about is opening him up and playing with him, so in this case, it's all good to me as long as the figure is intact. Woohoo LTH!

Does anyone know if all of the skylanders are being sent to stores in more recent shipments? The reason I ask is because it seems like even when I get lucky and hit a store thats had a fairly recent shipment, I tend to find the same assortment of figures. I haven't seem prismbreak for ages and I'm wondering if he still goes out with newer shipments.

Guess I should have gotten more interested when these were overflowing during pre-Christmas .... dabbled a bit but didn't buy many individual figures when they were plentiful ... And still have never seen Empire of Ice

@etcrane: I asked pretty much the same question a few pages back. Apparently, they are still releasing older figures and three packs too.

As luck would have it, I also live in the Bay Area and I've traveled as far as San Jose occasionally to look for figures. I doubt you'll find the same exact ones I saw, but the last time I saw Prism Break was at a Target about two weeks back along with Drobot, Sonic Boom and the more common as of late, Wrecking Ball

...as for Empire of Ice ...also about two to three weeks ago, the Fry's Electronics closest to me had a dumpbin filled with them along with tons of Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt also, so it wouldn't hurt to try ones closer to your area.

Good luck!

@etcrane: I asked the same question a few pages back. Apparently, they are still releasing older figures as well as 3 packs.

Yeah, the problem is that they ship more of the newer ones per case. I think there are six/case so you'd see something like 3 of the hot new triple pack, then one each of the other triple packs.

bread's done
Back