Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

Because of the order they were released. If you buy them as soon as they come out (to make sure you don't miss any), by the time the 3-pack comes out, you've already got at least one of the three as a single.

[quote name='xilly']Yes, you can. My youngest deleted our save game that was right at the end and we had to completely restart. I had to transfer ownership to the new game, and it did not reset the characters.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we swap characters between games all the time - mostly in the beginning so that we all (me and my 2 sons) could get them "counted" in the game. If you don't change ownership they don't show up in the Collection list and you don't unlock the Heroic Challenge for that character.

Unfortunately, my youngest son took it a little too far. For a while when he wanted to remove hats from characters he reset them entirely. I didn't realize he was doing this until he started dying too easily on levels and I saw the characters were level 1 with no upgrades. I think I've gotten him to stop doing that now. That's the danger of having a kid who is too young to read navigate menus ;). Earlier he kept erasing the game saves too (by starting a new game and selecting the current save slot for it - something that they should prevent from happening in a kids' game - that is some bad design there...)

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Meh, was told by a TRU rep that I'd get refunded the full amount (including shipping) for the Dragon's Peak I ordered from them online. Unfortunately, I was only refunded for the amount of the item. Ah well, can't say I'm surprised.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, i never got shipping back in the past. I thought maybe they changed their policy but sounds like just a misinformed rep.[/QUOTE]

Bastards - they told me the same thing. I was about to return my Dragon's Peak pack since I paid over $30 shipped from TRU and then found one in store the day they came out. Fortunately, the price is back up a bit on that one so I think I will just have to sell it. I'll probably just break even on it, but that's better than returning it to TRU and losing the shipping.

No dice at Walley World. They had some randoms on the shelf and the employee said they had more in the back but apparently had no interest in going to get them for me. :( This WM doesn't have the big display like I posted earlier. I wonder if that's in the back and they are just bringing out a handful at a time.

Ordered from GS.

[quote name='UncleBob']Because of the order they were released. If you buy them as soon as they come out (to make sure you don't miss any), by the time the 3-pack comes out, you've already got at least one of the three as a single.[/QUOTE]

So singles come first than the 3 pack?

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Looks like everyone will be able to complete their Skylanders set soon.

Wham Shell on eBay from a NorCal seller[/QUOTE]

Notice he says "ONLY ONE ON EBAY". That's leads me to believe he didn't pick it up in a store and he knows he has one of the few. Maybe a review copy, maybe he got it from a connection in Activision, or from a friend in Australia where they are rumored to be out, or maybe it is street dated and he works at the store. If it was in the wild, then there would be a lot more auctions and he would likely say "RARE" or "HARD TO FIND", but "ONLY ONE ON EBAY" knowing his auction is lasting three days is strange. I don't doubt he has it though, he has a high rating and a lot of auctions that one would be unlikely to ruin.

I could be wrong, as I was over Camo and Warnado, but those have been popping up all over the place.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So singles come first than the 3 pack?[/QUOTE]

Some of them, yes. Pretty sneaky on Activision's part.

Yeah. Except for the initial wave, every three pack has had at least one character in it released before the three pack was out.

The second wave of three packs included Zap/Hex/Dino Rang and Sonic Boom/Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf. Zap, Sonic Boom and Stealth Elf were are singles in Wave One (also, of course, Stealth Elf was in the 3DS starter kit).

Next wave had Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant - with Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant being released at launch as retailer exclusives.

Next was the Cynder, Zook and Lightening Rod pack - of which Cynder was already released.

Finally, there's the Ignitor/Camo/Warnado three pack, which I don't think anyone's seen. Ignitor has been out for awhile as a single pack (and was in the 3DS starter kit at launch)...

at least they're giving more for certain characters so they're not completely ripping off little kids. "here's $2 for Zook!"

by the way, the commenters in that article are morons.

Does anyone know why the web codes given are 10 characters long, but if you check it in game it's only 9 and a completely different number? Is there any correlation to the physical web code given and the character RFID? What on earth is that 9 character code good for?

[quote name='ZForce915']Does anyone know why the web codes given are 10 characters long, but if you check it in game it's only 9 and a completely different number? Is there any correlation to the physical web code given and the character RFID? What on earth is that 9 character code good for?[/QUOTE]

I think that code is used for updating your characters' level from the console games into the web game, or something like that. I don't play the web game enough to fiddle with it so I might be way off here.

If you haven't had a chance to look into it, the new iPhone Skylanders game is a good bit of fun. It's a simple play on Whack-a-mole, but the graphics and audio are decent and it is a perfect play for a couple minutes while waiting at the doctor's office type game. It is about on the level of a Fruit Ninja or Jet Pack Joyride, short, simple and easy to pick up and set down in a few minutes.

You can enter your figure's web code to unlock them (and the adventure pack items to get a free upgrade, but not the levels themselves). They have no impact on the play as far as I can tell (the items do though, since it essentially buys you 1 level of upgrade for free), other than the "element of the day" that gives you bonus coins. It does give you a nice collectors list, although you cannot enter the Legendaries or Camo/Warnado yet (the slots say "Coming Soon").

On another note, I've been doing some looking and it doesn't appear that Wham Shell has shipped yet. There is one valid auction on Ebay, from a guy in California and he posted another image on Dark Spyro forums, so I think it is legit. What he doesn't do is post how he got it, I'm guessing through a connection (isn't Activision in California?) or he works there. The current shipments that have Warnado/Camo have one of each in the boxes, there have been many reports of the exact contents of those boxes, but no reports of Wham Shell.

My personal belief is that Whammie will be like Legendary Trigger Happy and be shipped in boxes that contain only him in a couple weeks (LTH also didn't ship at the same time as his wave), although won't be TRU limited. If that is true, we will be swimming in them come a month from now. I don't think they would reconfigure the wave boxes just to rotate him in, that kind of change in manufacturing and packaging mid-run can cause nightmares for a company. They have them made and are sitting on him so the Camo/Warnado boxes can have some time on the shelves. Ever since the beginning, he has sort of been the odd one out, just like LTH. Not in a 3 pack, not associated with a wave directly, sort of a nebulous release window (originally he was listed as "Summer"). Again, it is just a guess, but if he is part of a shipment of boxes of only him it would be nice because I think he will be a popular character that kids will want to play, not just get to fill up their collections. I know he will be on my short list of ones I play regularly based on the videos.

[quote name='stageman12']Wow- Ignitor/Camo/Warnado 3 pack hits Amazon!

Wait a minute...:roll:

http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Sk...FZIE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1333724891&sr=8-5

There should really be listing/description rules for these things...[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess you can consider it valid, you do get those three - just not packaged together like a collector would want. Also, $150, they better sell it quick, it only took Wave 4 a few weeks but now you can find it all over the place online and in stores for retail price (see above). I even see that a bunch of older wave characters are actually going for LESS than the standard $8.99 on Amazon (Drobot, Drill Seargent, Double Trouble, etc.). I guess all of these storefronts that stocked up and jacked the price now can't get rid of all the older stuff.

Found the 3 pack with the new characters at target today, just in time for Easter for my daughter. She's been playing the new iPhone game the last couple of days.

Has there been much info released about Skylanders Giants ?

Games TM (UK games mag) did an article about Skylanders this month and they had some pics with Skylanders about twice the size of the current ones on a portal. I'd scan them but I don't think that's allowed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally managed to get my mitts on a Zook, took a vacation, and come back to find out the last three(at least two of them in good numbers) have been released. Grah..back to the hunt.

Also, finally beat the game today. Gonna go through and try to level everyone to ten. Only have about 12 maxed out. :)

For what it's worth, all Gamestops in the U.S. will start taking trades on the skylander figures starting Wednesday.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be selling the legendary 3 packs on the 18th. Same deal as before, tickets handed out prior to opening.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be selling the legendary 3 packs on the 18th. Same deal as before, tickets handed out prior to opening.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if it'll show up online, too.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wonder if it'll show up online, too.[/QUOTE]

No idea on that. Although, today at my local TRU, after scrounging through the giant display and additional giant wire-box thingy of Skylanders, I asked if they had any day in mind for when Camo/Warnado would be in store. He said 4-18 as well as the legendaries.

Here's hoping he's not misinformed.

[quote name='HightopNinja']No idea on that. Although, today at my local TRU, after scrounging through the giant display and additional giant wire-box thingy of Skylanders, I asked if they had any day in mind for when Camo/Warnado would be in store. He said 4-18 as well as the legendaries.

Here's hoping he's not misinformed.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, last time I went in about an hour after they opened looking for something else and everything was gone of course. The guy said they received like 8 each of lightning rod and zook and there was a line of about 35 people there. I'm hoping the 3-pack of Warnado/Camo/Ignitor shows up on Amazon at some point since I still need Ignitor, as well.

I know that these things are fairly commonplace now, but I have a spare Stealth Elf that's still sealed on the card if anyone's interested. I don't really need it anymore since I've picked up the 3DS starter set.

Send me a PM and let me know.

I was at a toy show today (C2E2 in Chicago), and of course they had Skylanders there. One guy had single Ignitors but he wanted $20 each for them. I passed. I haven't paid more than retail for any I'm not going to start now.

Funny thing was he said he was "into them" for $15. Not sure I believed it.

Some other guy had the Zook/Lightning Rod/Cynder 3-pack for $60, lol.

[quote name='confoosious']The only figures I haven't seen en masse lately are the new ones and prism break.[/QUOTE]

The ones I routinely see are the Whirlwind, Double Trouble, wave with some Flameslinger, Drobot & Wrecking Ball mixed in.

[quote name='Corvin']The ones I routinely see are the Whirlwind, Double Trouble, wave with some Flameslinger, Drobot & Wrecking Ball mixed in.[/QUOTE]

I see a ton of regular Bash, too.

I honestly didn't care and wasn't going to pay eBay prices for the vault but when i saw the BB ad i figured why not, anyway just got out and after nearly 30 min of searching they can't find the vaults so good luck to those of you going for them i am on call for when they finally find them. Stupid Skylanders addiction.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I honestly didn't care and wasn't going to pay eBay prices for the vault but when i saw the BB ad i figured why not, anyway just got out and after nearly 30 min of searching they can't find the vaults so good luck to those of you going for them i am on call for when they finally find them. Stupid Skylanders addiction.[/QUOTE]

They probably didn't have them in yet, mine didn't. They had 9 coming in, but weren't in stock yet, the salesperson looked it up for me. She also did a little bit of checking for me as well. Unfortunately, we already have all of them except Wham-Shell, so there isn't anything to get for $25, and the strategy guide doesn't count (my son loves those things and it has stickers too, I figured that plus a single would cover it but nope) because she tried to ring it up. The Volcanic Vault comes up as $49.99 (so does the T-Shirt) unless you ring $25 worth of qualifying Skylanders merchandise on the same ticket, then it zeroes out (she did it by looking up the SKU, just to check).

[quote name='defpally']They probably didn't have them in yet, mine didn't. They had 9 coming in, but weren't in stock yet, the salesperson looked it up for me. She also did a little bit of checking for me as well. Unfortunately, we already have all of them except Wham-Shell, so there isn't anything to get for $25, and the strategy guide doesn't count (my son loves those things and it has stickers too, I figured that plus a single would cover it but nope) because she tried to ring it up. The Volcanic Vault comes up as $49.99 (so does the T-Shirt) unless you ring $25 worth of qualifying Skylanders merchandise on the same ticket, then it zeroes out (she did it by looking up the SKU, just to check).[/QUOTE]

The BB guy called me about 1 hour later and found the vaults, I don't know if mine are doing if wrong or what, but they didn't have any sort of box or SKU for the vaults. In fact he showed me their corporate email stating that they could NOT be sold separately. I actually did buy the Strategy Guide and one figure and not only did I get 15% off the guide since the system registered the figure as the game, but he just handed me the vault from there as the total came to 25.98. I am guessing this was obviously not the correct procedure, but I'm happy. Good luck to everyone else.

Wow. From the sounds of it, my Best Buy guy might have done a real bad thing.

He just handed me a free Volcanic Vault. I asked about buying it by itself, he said no, we talked a little more (he was looking up something else for me), then he tossed me one and thanked me for coming in.

Pretty awesome trip. :D

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I know ebay is ebay, but I just don't get this. It's so insane. If they waot maybe a month or two they'll get this for $10 just like all the other ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylander-S...815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1bf61e0f[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and people don't realize (or maybe they do) that Wham Shell is pretty regularly available in Australia. It's not like some super rare figure, you just have to have an Australian connection until they release him here in a couple weeks. I guess the urge to finally have a complete collection is worth that much to someone...

bread's done
Back