Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

I found an Ignitor, Zook, and Lightning Rod at the Movie Trading Co. at Belt Line and Preston in Dallas. These were all in the locked display case that usually houses the vintage console displays. I was surprised to see all three together like that since I'd given up on trying to track them down for now. They still had a couple each of Zook and LR as of Sunday.

[quote name='icpmattj']single packs of ignitor,lightning rod and zook are now popping for sale on from amazon on amazon.

I just got ignitor a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

thanks. picked up lightning rod.

[quote name='icpmattj']single packs of ignitor,lightning rod and zook are now popping for sale on from amazon on amazon.

I just got ignitor a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

fucking A - just when I stopped checking regularly. I did check really early this morning though. I'm just down to like every other day now though ;).

It shows Ignitor as $8.99 on the search page but is sold out when you click on the link. So I guess I just missed that. Same with Lightning Rod now by the way - you must have just barely gotten in on that Confoosius.

When i got ignitor it said there was 2 left instock so i barely made it on that one.I already had lightning rod and zook from the 3 pack i picked up two weeks ago on amazon.

When i looked at the page for lightning rod it said "In stock on April 18th" order now for $8.99

Also not sure if this has been posted anywhere or not but here is tracker for skylanders.It shows what sites currently have skylanders in stock and also shows previous times when sites had stock.

I'm not even sure where i found this tracker from.It may have been somewhere in this thread but im not sure.

Single pack stock checker

http://www.zoolert.com/skylanders-spyros-adventure-character-pack-in-stock-tracker/

Triple Pack/Adventure Pack stock checker

http://www.zoolert.com/skylanders-spyro-adventure-character-3-pack-in-stock-tracker/

What's the deal with dark spyro?

I knew it was a 3ds exclusive but im seeing single packs on ebay now but every seller says they are not sold in the states.

Any ideas?

[quote name='icpmattj']What's the deal with dark spyro?

I knew it was a 3ds exclusive but im seeing single packs on ebay now but every seller says they are not sold in the states.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Dark Spyro is only sold in the 3DS Starter Kit. Anyone who says its not available in the states is full of crap.

I suppose I should wait for the next 3-pack to try to find Camo & Warnado, seeing as how it's been a futile effort so far. But then I'd have 1 too many Ignitors. Bah.

TRU's exclusivity on Dragon's Peak has ended, I just picked one up at the Best Buy in Frisco, TX. Keep an eye out over the coming days as I was just at a couple of Best Buy's yesterday and didn't see these. I also found a Zook at a Frisco Target and a Voodood at a different Frisco Target yesterday.

My Best Buy also had no clue about the Volcanic Vault. On sunday, took them 20 minutes of looking before they realized they never got them. Called again today and only two stores way far away had any

I have a question for you guys. Why is it that my Skylanders are level 10 in my DS game but range anywhere from 1 to 8 on the PS3?

[quote name='Ahadi']I have a question for you guys. Why is it that my Skylanders are level 10 in my DS game but range anywhere from 1 to 8 on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

The DS game uses a different structure for checking characters in and out. Put the character back on the base and check them back into the game. The figure will receive the updated level information (from the 3DS), and then it should appear in the PS3 going forward.

Are the Volcanic Vaults going to remain BB exclusive? The guy at my local store gave me the last two they had and I didn't know what a reasonable trade request would be for the extra. I don't want to sell it but I have everything except Camo and Warnado (and Wham Shell of course). I haven't bothered with any legendary variants (or Blue Bash) yet either but some of you guys seem to have more inside information and that's why I was wondering what kind of offers I should expect if I put it on the block.

I just preordered them as well.

Now all i need is voodood and the dragons peak adventure pack

Ignitor and the legendary 3 pack are being delivered today :)

Got 1 of each for pre-order. Same with me still just need Ignitor. As soon as the 3-packs hit with Camo/Warnado/Ignitor there will be even more loose Ignitors going around, just like Cynder with this last 3-pack.

Has anyone bought a skylanders triple pack lately?

is the DPCI 207-00-0047 or 0048? I need to return a triple character pack and I don't know which receipt it is.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I picked up a Volcanic Vault today. Also got an extra Lightning Rod single and triple pack (w/ Cynder and Zook) if anybody still needs one.[/QUOTE]

Do you still have that extra triple pack available? :)

@nbballard, I'm either misunderstanding what you're saying, or I'm doing it wrong :lol: either way, it isn't too big of a deal. Just adds more to my console experience.

I ended up having to go to TRU today to exchange one of my kid's birthday gifts and noticed they had a ton of the Legendary 3-packs right up front. Probably 2 or 3 dozen of them. They actually had a ton of all the Skylanders except the new ones in 3 different locations throughout the store.

I honestly don't think they're going to even come close to selling through. They're late to the game with this restock, everyone except a few latecomers have already hunted these all down, and probably at cheaper prices. All these old figures are going to just sit on the shelves and my prediction is they'll mark them down on clearance eventually or do another big sale to try to move them.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I ended up having to go to TRU today to exchange one of my kid's birthday gifts and noticed they had a ton of the Legendary 3-packs right up front. Probably 2 or 3 dozen of them. They actually had a ton of all the Skylanders except the new ones in 3 different locations throughout the store.

I honestly don't think they're going to even come close to selling through. They're late to the game with this restock, everyone except a few latecomers have already hunted these all down, and probably at cheaper prices. All these old figures are going to just sit on the shelves and my prediction is they'll mark them down on clearance eventually or do another big sale to try to move them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the saturation point has been reached on many of the earlier (Wave 1 through 3) releases, including adventure packs and starter packs. It's not uncommon to walk into a store and find pegs full of Chop Chops, Eruptors or especially Wrecking Balls. That point will be reached for others soon enough, Double Trouble (from Wave 4) is already a very common sight, and Cynder is getting more so than before. Legendary Trigger Happy sits undisturbed in large numbers in most TRUs.

I laugh that some people went in and bought many, seeing Ebay dollar signs in their eyes. The Legendaries are variants that will only really interest those that are more serious about "catching them all", and if you are serious about it then you probably already found it a while back.

Lucked up on a Camo and Warnado at my favorite hunting ground today .... Did not see any Dragon's Peak. I saw a few Double Troubles but the kid didn't want him, and I'm not trying to spend any money I don't have to.

Dragon's Peak packs came in stock at my Best Buy tonight, so you all may want to check there if you're looking for it.

still looking for Camo and Warnado though...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Tempted to buy this Ignitor on Amazon right now for $19 dlvd since I have Amazon credit, but I'm holding off for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I just picked up one at Wal-Mart yesterday. They had about 4 each of Ignitor, Zook and Lightning Rod. Only a matter of time before those "hard to find" characters will be about as abundant as the current wave. I'm still biding my time for Camo, Warnado and Wham-Shell...not too much longer I hope.

All I need now are Warnado, Camo, Wham-Shell, the Dragon's Peak pack, and Voodood and I have them all.

For some odd reason, Voodood is hard to find in my area...

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Wham Shell in stock at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-wham-shell-character/100670[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ordered it. This time I got a confirmation right away so maybe they will actually ship this one to me unlike Warnado/Camo which are still backordered for me even though I ordered them when everyone else here did (on April 5th) who got them 2-3 days later :bomb:.

Wow, and it even showed up in my Order history within minutes instead of 4-5 hours later like last time!

And, my trade-in card was charged immediately instead of never being charged on the other order!

[quote name='io']Thanks, ordered it. This time I got a confirmation right away so maybe they will actually ship this one to me unlike Warnado/Camo which are still backordered for me even though I ordered them when everyone else here did (on April 5th) who got them 2-3 days later :bomb:.

Wow, and it even showed up in my Order history within minutes instead of 4-5 hours later like last time!

And, my trade-in card was charged immediately instead of never being charged on the other order![/QUOTE]

I ordered one too, but since I had the last 3 preordered at Amazon I want to go ahead and cancel Wham-Shell. Is there a way to add an item to an existing order in order to get free shipping or will I be SOL and and may as well just leave the Wham-Shell in my order.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I ordered one too, but since I had the last 3 preordered at Amazon I want to go ahead and cancel Wham-Shell. Is there a way to add an item to an existing order in order to get free shipping or will I be SOL and and may as well just leave the Wham-Shell in my order.[/QUOTE]

You can call Amazon and have them add something to an order - then you can just have them cancel it or just do that online later yourself.

But I would wait until you get shipping confirmation from Gamestop first - or maybe even wait until you get it to be 100% sure they send the right thing. You never know.

Wow, actually got my shipping confirmation from GS.

It has been really quiet in here...

What, did no one else catch this and order it!?

I got my confirmation too, and amazingly enough, I found Camo and Warnado at Walmart today, they had quite a few, easily 8 or more each. So completely cancelled the Amazon order and now the hunt is officially over. I have all 38 mass produced characters and a Gold Chop Chop. I will keep my eyes open for the gold and silver figures but it's nice knowing I will feel no obligation to hunt these things again till Giants comes out, maybe GS will allow figure preorders given the success of these things and hopefully Activision will be better prepared.

Got my shipping confirmation as well for Wham Shell. That is also a complete collection here once he arrives (no gold/silver variants).

Anyone know about the availability of the Eruptor / Chop Chop / Bash triple pack? I don't think I have seen it anywhere recently (Amazon or local BB / Target / Walmart), though I have seen the singles occasionally. Thanks.

My Wham-Shell arrived today, so I am now officially in possession of all 38 mass produced figures. I was glad the Gamestop item turned out to be the real deal. Now it's time to sit back and see what the official word will be on the new game this fall. I really hope that the reposed figures have no other special properties to them. I can deal with 16 new figures, but another 24 in addition to that will mean more figures for the new game then there was for the old game, and this started to feel pretty ridiculous at times.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']My Wham-Shell arrived today, so I am now officially in possession of all 38 mass produced figures. I was glad the Gamestop item turned out to be the real deal. Now it's time to sit back and see what the official word will be on the new game this fall. I really hope that the reposed figures have no other special properties to them. I can deal with 16 new figures, but another 24 in addition to that will mean more figures for the new game then there was for the old game, and this started to feel pretty ridiculous at times.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, I'm thinking of just getting the new ones and maybe just a few of the reposes (gogo Lightforce Prism Break) for our favorites. That, of course, might change once they come out, but even if the rumor that you cannot continue to upgrade the old ones, I think that simply being able to play them in the new game would be good enough. They may not own it up (though powered up at level 10 they are still pretty formidable), but unless there is a significant difficulty boost it should not be necessary. There are only a few places in the first game where it is so challenging (last boss) you really need a fully powered up figure. Most of the other places where you get killed can be chalked up to not doing it right, or standing in fire beams/charging in head first/etc. in which case level 1 or 10, they die pretty quick.

Almost bit on the whamshell at gamestop but after tax and shipping its $14 just for him when my order from amazon is only $27 for all three(Camo,Warnado,WhamShell).I think I'm going to just wait for amazon.Hopefully its not to much longer seeing how people are seeing them in stores now and gamestop seems to be getting stock online now at least once a week.

Think you're done until Giants? Think again.

http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=51397

tl:dr version - someone hacked the console versions and discovered there were four "pets" (that act like magic items) - miniature versions of Stealth Elf (Whisper Elf), Gill Grunt (Gill Runt), Trigger Happy (Trigger Snappy) and Terrifin (Terrabite).

Apparently, these are going to somehow tie into a Frito Lay promo in July.

[quote name='UncleBob']Think you're done until Giants? Think again.

tl:dr version - someone hacked the console versions and discovered there were four "pets" (that act like magic items) - miniature versions of Stealth Elf (Whisper Elf), Gill Grunt (Gill Runt), Trigger Happy (Trigger Snappy) and Terrifin (Terrabite).

Apparently, these are going to somehow tie into a Frito Lay promo in July.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I asked way back when how long before these showed up in Happy Meals.

[quote name='UncleBob']Think you're done until Giants? Think again.

Apparently, these are going to somehow tie into a Frito Lay promo in July.[/QUOTE]

Since it appears everyone is winning now, I will share. Call the Frito Lay 800 number, if you haven't, and you will likely win the Flocked Stump Smash.

1-800-646-2904

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Since it appears everyone is winning now, I will share. Call the Frito Lay 800 number, if you haven't, and you will likely win the Flocked Stump Smash.

1-800-646-2904[/QUOTE]

Whoa awesome! Thank you. I won a skylander. It doesn't say what, but winning something is good by itself because I NEVER win. (I know, sad panda alert).

I called the number and was asked to say my name and address, but it ended abruptly after finishing that, no mention about winning. Does that mean I didn't win? :(

bread's done
Back