Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

[quote name='Richlough']Maybe if the manufacturer packed one in people would have one to use .
I wouldn't want a headset if I could get a new game for the same price .[/quote]

You do know you can use almost any bluetooth headset on the PS3, or the USB headsets on the PS2. Or you can get the Socom bundle which is the game and headset. There's tons of options for the PS3 when it comes to headsets.

[quote name='Paco']You do know you can use almost any bluetooth headset on the PS3, or the USB headsets on the PS2. Or you can get the Socom bundle which is the game and headset. There's tons of options for the PS3 when it comes to headsets.[/QUOTE]

Yes , I do know , tell the other people that .

Almost every game I play everyone has a headset. Seriously the people who actually play games on their PS3 have a headset. The people who run around in home aren't the serious gamers. Plus people just probably turn their mics off in home so they dont have to hear a bunch of idiots yelling shite in their ear.

This is officially the funniest "game" ever.
Last night someone who was obviously a guy made an avatar of the most repulsive girl ever and was going around sitting in front of people and then nodding in agreement. So, you know what that would look like....Then "she" would stand up and ask for 5 dollars.

People were really freaking out over it. Telling her to "get away you fat b*tch" ha

[quote name='zewone']Even with all the options, very few utilize voice on PSN.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame, too. I was to be called a $$$$$$ across all platforms.

[quote name='zewone']Even with all the options, very few utilize voice on PSN.[/quote]That used to be the case.

I see about the same numbers of people without headsets in full CoD (or whathaveyou) games as I do on XBL.
As in, maybe 2 or 3 out of the whole group.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's a shame, too. I was to be called a $$$$$$ across all platforms.[/QUOTE]

There's plenty of that in Home.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's a shame, too. I was to be called a $$$$$$ across all platforms.[/quote]

I haven't been called a cracker white bitch yet on 360. I'm still waiting. Hopefully since I recently got Gold back it will happen soon. :D

I read this over on PS3 fanboy:

Home's European service manager Dan Hill seems to agree. Speaking with CVG, Hill states that "if you buy a PS3 and you grow with us, as Home evolves, you are going to become part of something very special, something unlike you can experience anywhere else." He adds that "no-one else is doing anything of this scale or ambition."

"Today, we are at the beginning of a long journey - now is the time to start its evolution." There's a long way to go before we see the fruits of Sony's labor, and we're cautiously optimistic that they can deliver. "In time I would say that Home will definitely become a reason to purchase [PS3]."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/15/sony-europe-says-home-will-be-a-system-seller/

See, this is why I hate Sony (not really hate but...yeah). All they talk about is "just wait, just wait". Um do they not realize they cannot wait any longer? In time Home will sell PS3s...they need to be selling them now. By the time PS3 reaches it's "potential" it's not going to matter anymore because the new systems will probably be out by then. Sony's talk only works if Nintendo and Microsoft are on the same time table as them, which they aren't.

Yea, Im glad not to many people have mics in home. So many douche bags... This guy was just standing around the chess area and saying, "God. Such nerds playing chess... fucking losers. Go get a life..." Wow... And a black dude going around telling everyone they look like a homo and you can hear him and his friends laughing in the background. People are so lame...

sorry I haven't looked thru the entire thread..I DL home for the first time yesterday to give it a whirl. After DL/installing it, I clicked to start it up, accepted the users agreement, but couldn't connect. Something about couldn't find server, with an error code 609 or something like that. Does this happen from time to time, or has no one heard of this?

[quote name='ryanbph']sorry I haven't looked thru the entire thread..I DL home for the first time yesterday to give it a whirl. After DL/installing it, I clicked to start it up, accepted the users agreement, but couldn't connect. Something about couldn't find server, with an error code 609 or something like that. Does this happen from time to time, or has no one heard of this?[/quote]

you've been blessed...go play something worth while

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, Im glad not to many people have mics in home. So many douche bags... This guy was just standing around the chess area and saying, "God. Such nerds playing chess... fucking losers. Go get a life..." Wow... And a black dude going around telling everyone they look like a homo and you can hear him and his friends laughing in the background. People are so lame...[/quote]

where is the chess area? I'd like to play but I've never seen it?

[quote name='HowStern']where is the chess area? I'd like to play but I've never seen it?[/QUOTE]
Second level of the mall.

[quote name='zewone']You don't need a hard drive. Even if you did, the Pro model is only $300 with a 60GB HDD, so I don't know where you learned math.[/quote]

Also, if you did need a hard drive, it's $230 for a 360 with one.

[quote name='HowStern']^nice thanks

I guess if you have ajapanese account the arcade has pac-man and dig dug.[/QUOTE]

Pffft , I have PacMan & Galaga in my apartment .

[quote name='Malik112099']you've been blessed...go play something worth while[/QUOTE]

I don't have high expectations. IMO from the get go it sounded like 2nd life, and that isn't my thing. The planning rooms IMO sound cool, but considering how hard it is to cordinate in games as it is I always thought it was a waste of developers time. That said I would like to check it out and give it a shot.

As mentioned earlier, do error messages and the inabilty to connect still happen to other people or is it something with a corrupt install. I tried to get online once around 4 pm est on Monday. I wouldn't think the servers would have been bogged down then.

if you live in japan you can pay for all this:
prinnya.jpg
image276.png
image275.png
image271.png
image272.png
image273.png
image274.png

Pretty sweet! Throw in some more mini-games that are multi-player, and maybe win a small decoration for your Home if you reach a certain score and this could be a hit.

If some people are so compulsive about getting trophies, I'd imagine that people wouldn't mind sticking around the arcade rooms -- thereby boosting populating, building brand loyalty to the hosts of the room, and advertise their upcoming games. Example - I heard that you can get an arcade cabinet for your Home if you download the Namco Museum from the Japanese servers.

How I wish Sega made a Valkyria Chronicles room before the game launched. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ecofreak']Example - I heard that you can get an arcade cabinet for your Home if you download the Namco Museum from the Japanese servers. [/quote]

I don't know if this will happen to everyone but I got the arcades from the JPN version and couldn't play them in home. But I deleted the game and installed the namco museum beta from the HK store and now I could play them. Just Fyi. Curious to see the namco museum though.

bn.jpg

I have that Pac-Man shirt , it attracts almost too much attention .

[quote name='Ecofreak']Pretty sweet! Throw in some more mini-games that are multi-player, and maybe win a small decoration for your Home if you reach a certain score and this could be a hit.

If some people are so compulsive about getting trophies, I'd imagine that people wouldn't mind sticking around the arcade rooms -- thereby boosting populating, building brand loyalty to the hosts of the room, and advertise their upcoming games. Example - I heard that you can get an arcade cabinet for your Home if you download the Namco Museum from the Japanese servers.

How I wish Sega made a Valkyria Chronicles room before the game launched. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If you download the Hong Kong version of the Namco beta you can play the arcade games in your apartment .

[quote name='Thomas96']i want to do it, but I don't feel like doing through all that hassle to get to the hong kong beta.[/QUOTE]

The HK Store is in full english if you want it to be FYI.

[quote name='Richlough']
If you download the Hong Kong version of the Namco beta you can play the arcade games in your apartment .[/quote]

If you invite people over to your apartment and have playable NAMCO arcade games, will they be able to play them or only you?

[quote name='Sinistar']If you invite people over to your apartment and have playable NAMCO arcade games, will they be able to play them or only you?[/QUOTE]

It just launches the game through home, so they will also need the HK version of the Namco museum beta as well to launch it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Maybe im stupid but I can't find the Home beta in the Japanese Store. anyway to find it or what?[/QUOTE]

the home beta should just be an icon in your XMB above the store. launch it and it should download.

[quote name='jonlubbe']the home beta should just be an icon in your XMB above the store. launch it and it should download.[/quote]

DUR, Told ya I was stupid. I thought I had to redownload it again.

[quote name='jonlubbe']It just launches the game through home, so they will also need the HK version of the Namco museum beta as well to launch it..[/quote]

coll, I just created a HK account and downloading now to test it out :)

The high bandwidth that VoIP is taking up is causing some of the login issues. Hopefully will return soon.

Private chat "phone calls" still work I believe.

[quote name='dallow']The high bandwidth that VoIP is taking up is causing some of the login issues. Hopefully will return soon.

Private chat "phone calls" still work I believe.[/quote]

Yeah calls still work. Also Red Bull space got pulled from todays update in Europe so its doubtful for us too

Some people are complaining that the new update took away all of their earned items. I'm not sure if this is true since I haven't turned on my ps3 yet today to see if the update is out.

I had the glitch where my earned items were taken away a while back. Restarting Home gave them back to me. Then again, maybe this time the glitch is different.

The Euro store has the diesel clothes and Ligne Roset furniture.
A couple pieces free but the rest are a premium.

There's also a Snowman mask that changes your head or something, maybe I'm wrong.

Also the JPN Home got a big Namco Bandai section and new game items like Rolento pointed out. Neat stuff.
[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Some people are complaining that the new update took away all of their earned items. I'm not sure if this is true since I haven't turned on my ps3 yet today to see if the update is out.[/quote]It does, but to get them back just turn start up the Namco beta, or start a game of Echochrome and they'll pop right back.

Looks like the themed areas are fine, but I'd have to earn my stuff back from Echochrome again. I hope Sony figures out a way to keep this stuff permanently unlocked for the account instead of having to beat the games again to get it back.

Yeah I seem to have lost both my echochrome and ice breaker outfits - that sucks - took a while to get that ice breaker crap... I started up both games - played through a bit - nothing. Restarted home and nothing. Is there something else I need to do or are they gone for good?

bread's done
Back