South Carolina Roll Call!

[quote name='CD6405']Eh, felt like I should finally put my name in the roll call here for SC. Living in Columbia now...lived in the Easley area before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheNight']Just found this thread and thought I'd post in it. I'm currently living in Columbia as I'm attending grad school, but am from the Myrtle Beach area. I'm going back and forth between the two pretty often.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys attend the University of South Carolina as well?

Just joining this thread.

Came from California, now stationed in Shaw AFB, which is nearby Sumter. At least Columbia isn't too far away. :D

[quote name='YoungE808']Do you guys attend the University of South Carolina as well?[/QUOTE]

That I do. In my second year of graduate school here right now after going to undergrad here for four years.

[quote name='Civickid96']Just joining this thread.

Came from California, now stationed in Shaw AFB, which is nearby Sumter. At least Columbia isn't too far away. :D[/QUOTE]
What's going on? I final-out tomorrow morning, my 6 years is up.
Hope I don't have any competition at the Kmart in town!

I live in North Augusta....right across the river from Augusta, GA.

I spend a lot of time up around Orangeburg way since my girlfriend lives near there.

^I was at Shaw AFB this past weekend for the air show....it was pretty fun.

So anyone from down around my way in the Aiken area?

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']I live in North Augusta....right across the river from Augusta, GA.

I spend a lot of time up around Orangeburg way since my girlfriend lives near there.

^I was at Shaw AFB this past weekend for the air show....it was pretty fun.

So anyone from down around my way in the Aiken area?[/QUOTE]

I'm not in that area; I live right outside Shaw. But I was just in Orangeburg for the first time a couple weeks back. I saw that GameStop had dropped the Tatsunoko vs Capcom fight stick down to $12.99 and had to drive out there to get one.

Just moved to N. Charleston,SC from Kansas City--so far only found a couple of Gamestop's on Rivers Ave....any other independent stores worth checking out????

[quote name='gmerreighn']Just moved to N. Charleston,SC from Kansas City--so far only found a couple of Gamestop's on Rivers Ave....any other independent stores worth checking out????[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I'm up near Columbia and am from right outside KC in Independence. What's up?
Sorry about your question though. I don't really know.

For people in Columbia, try Manifest.
http://www.manifestdisc.com/
I just grabbed Hitman Blood Money in perfect condition for $15, which is cheap for an OOP game like that. They have Gears 2 LE for $25 and a Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition for $60. I want both but can't really get either right now.
I hate to give up a spot that I have found good deals at but I'm moving to the Arctic Circle for a year so someone may as well get some deals.

Although going off that Gears 3 controller they had that someone nabbed, I would wager that someone on CAG shops there. Damn I wanted that controller.

There's a new video game shop opening up in Greenville.  It's on Anderson road (highway 81) in between Highway 153 and Whitehorse Road.

Spartanburg! 

As far as used video game stores goes, there a few options in the Greenville area.

There is the Video Game Cavern that I've been frequenting quite a bit. This place is okay. They have some pretty reasonable prices for games. If you're going to buy Crash Bandicoot 2 & Warped here they are only $6.85, even for the black label versions. I saw them today there. FFVII is $39.85 here which is too much for me. 

Another store called "1UP Video Games" in Powdersville. This place really isn't all that great, and it's in a bad spot. $20 for Chrono Cross, you gotta be shitting me. Super Mario World for $20, give me a break.

It'd be nice to have a local used game store in Spartanburg somewhere. As far as this city goes, I have to frequent pawn shops and thrift stores. The ghetto-ass flea market on Asheville HIghway might have something good once and while too.

1up is fairly new so not enough good stuff. Video game cavern is pretty legit tho
1UP is whatever. It's not the selection, it's the f**king prices they have for games. I was pretty disappointed.

Another store that opened recently in Greenville called "2nd & Charles". It's a store that sells all kinds of media such as books, CDs/records, DVDs, you name it. The store has a good reputation; but every time I visit the prices have gone up and many games are mispriced. $30 for Mario Kart 64, what the fukk? Consoles and accessories are overpriced as hell too. I don't recommend 2nd & Charles anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like 2nd hand charles uses ebay prices. Every now and then you can catch them slipping though. My girlfriend got sonic colors for $2 and toy story 2 on dvd for $0.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the myrtle beach/Surfside area know of any mom and pop/ retro game shops in the area. I'm on vacation for the week and love checking them out. Thanks :)

Hey there!

I lived all around the Lowcountry growing up (Charleston, Ladson, Goose Creek, Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms) but have been in the Upstate for the past fifteen years.  I work in Greenville and live in Simpsonville.

Thanks for the heads-up about Video Game Cavern!  I've been itching to pick up some of the GameCube games I either sold off or shamefully missed the first time around, and it sounds like that's the place around here to go.

bread's done
Back