Split Second w/ Exclusive Vehicle & Mini Strategy Guide (PS3/Xbox360) = $9.96 + FS!

It was out of stock when I tried to grab it earlier today, but came back and was able to grab a copy for PS3 for 10.83 (lousy CA sales tax). Hope they really do have them in stock so I don't have to wait too long, and I've been wanting a new racer since Burnout.

Great find OP!

[quote name='marineal']ordered ship to store, hope it goes through[/QUOTE]

With free shipping to home, why do that to yourself? I've done about 5 ship-to-stores and never have fun. It seems to take an average of 45+ minutes to get your order and out. Maybe you have a cleaner and better run store?

[quote name='voidedx']With free shipping to home, why do that to yourself? I've done about 5 ship-to-stores and never have fun. It seems to take an average of 45+ minutes to get your order and out. Maybe you have a cleaner and better run store?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The last time I ordered a game site to store, 3 different people looked in about 5 places. It ended up being in the first place they ALL checked - a file cabinet behind the counter.

Could anyone tell how good is Walmart with cancelling?

I had ordered a 360 copy a few hours ago because the PS3 version was OOS and and the PS3 came back in stock so I ordered it and cancelled the 360 version while it is still "processing". I also sent an e-mail just in case.

Will they honor it since I did it basically right away or give me that "it's already been shipped" excuse?

Thanks

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I received my copies of this game and Toy Story 3 today. Both are emblazoned with the decals that describe the exclusive content in each. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Were they delivered through the mail or some other service?

[quote name='powercreep']Were they delivered through the mail or some other service?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the middle and western side of the USA, but in the Southeast it's shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Which is like UPS Ground? I think.

[quote name='fezlopez']I can't speak for the middle and western side of the USA, but in the Southeast it's shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Which is like UPS Ground? I think.[/QUOTE]

I think the process is that it ships with UPS but then gets handed off to the USPS to deliver it. Either way my order from Friday shipped (I ordered after it came back in stock that day)

[quote name='nypickle']I think the process is that it ships with UPS but then gets handed off to the USPS to deliver it. Either way my order from Friday shipped (I ordered after it came back in stock that day)[/QUOTE]

I assumed that at first, but it would make little sense. Either way, I hope it comes by Thursday! I can't wait to play it.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Damn, i recieved 4 of the 5 copies i ordered. How the fuck did they ship so fast.

Shocked but i still hate walmart[/QUOTE]

annddd this is why those who actually wanted a copy to PLAY couldn't get in on the deal. Thanks.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']annddd this is why those who actually wanted a copy to PLAY couldn't get in on the deal. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Over the past year alone CAG has become 90% flippers and 10% gamers. It's sad, but we just have to get used to it.

[quote name='sadakou']Over the past year alone CAG has become 90% flippers and 10% gamers. It's sad, but we just have to get used to it.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

[quote name='sadakou']Over the past year alone CAG has become 90% flippers and 10% gamers. It's sad, but we just have to get used to it.[/QUOTE]
That's because CAG is the ONLY deal site on the internet. There are no other deal sites out there and absolutely ZERO really informed consumers who monitor prices/sites/etc on their own, right?

I guess SlickDeals/FatWallet/etc/etc/etc/etc suddenly no longer exist?

Before I was a CAG I checked clearance prices at Kmart/Sears/Target/TRU on a regular basis and I even had a pretty good idea when stuff was going to drop in price again. So I was there either the day of the usual drop or a day or two before or after to check stuff I knew I wanted.

If it didn't drop I checked back later in the next week. If it still didn't drop then I waited till the next month. If it was gone, then oh well, I didn't blame anyone for grabbing it and I either grabbed it later at another store in the same chain or elsewhere when I found it cheap.

No one said deal sites didn't exist before CAG. It was simply stated that the attitude and morality of CAG posters has overall gone downhill in the past few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fezlopez']I assumed that at first, but it would make little sense. Either way, I hope it comes by Thursday! I can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

that is how this shipping method works.

UPS Mail Innovations (UPS MI) has been a National Account of the United States Postal Service (USPS) business partner segment since 1997. Through this work-share partnership, we provide global mail services.
The program works like this:
UPS MI picks up the mail, processes (sorts) and transports your mail to the USPS.
Then:
The USPS accepts your mail piece and makes the final delivery to your mailing address.

either way I'm glad it shipped and it sounds like people are getting this fast. Hope to get mine soon!

[quote name='sadakou']No one said deal sites didn't exist before CAG. It was simply stated that the attitude and morality of CAG posters has overall gone downhill in the past few years.[/QUOTE]
That happens with any site as it grows. You sometimes tend to attract the less desirable segments of the population.

However there are many great CAG's on here and while some of them may 'hoard' at times, many of them do so to help out other CAG's.

But one thing that truly annoys me about the flipping/anti flipping thing is that the conversations can never remain civil for very long.

Someone always calls someone a name and it degrades from there.

Anyway, I've learned to live with the fact that I won't always get a deal I see posted here, just as I learned to live with the fact that maybe someone got that last copy of X or Y game at whatever store back before I became a CAG.

There will always be another sale or another clearance and it really serves no purpose to get so angry thinking someone 'hoarded' everything.

UPS Mail Innovations is the absolute slowest shipping method of all time. I've had several items shipped this way, mostly from Wal-Mart and newegg. My USPS tracking number shows my copy was accepted on Monday in Kansas City and has an expected delivery date of 7/16, which is Saturday. Stupid thing is I'm just 2 hours away from K.C. and they are gonna sit on the package all week. It's just a horrible method of delivery.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']annddd this is why those who actually wanted a copy to PLAY couldn't get in on the deal. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

One ps3 copy for my house
One 360 copy for my house
One 360 copy for my ride (back seat paradise)
One ps3 copy for my friend in Colorado (online)
One 360 copy for my brother's house

All copies will be played extensively.

Troll much douchbag ?

[quote name='voidedx']With free shipping to home, why do that to yourself? I've done about 5 ship-to-stores and never have fun. It seems to take an average of 45+ minutes to get your order and out. Maybe you have a cleaner and better run store?[/QUOTE]

Same with my store. It just blows their minds when I walk in there I say "I have a site to store pick up". It's like it's the first time they've ever heard of it. I usually end up leaving and having them call me when they find it.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Time to close this down. Deal has been dead for over 48 hours already.[/QUOTE]
Actually both versions are back in stock again.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually both versions are back in stock again.:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, was able to get a 360 copy :cool:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually both versions are back in stock again.:D[/QUOTE]
I totally thought you were joking, but thank you. I was able to order a 360 copy.

[quote name='chunlirocks']One ps3 copy for my house

Troll much douchbag ?[/QUOTE]

Oh, silly us. Pardon us for thinking you didn't NEED all 5 of those copies.

You shouldn't justify anything. It make you sound bad because it sounds unbelievable.
You telling me as a CAG, you are spending $30 (1 ps3 for house, 1 xbox for house and 1 xbox for car) on the same 1 game?:roll: I know some people buy both verisons and play them and decide which is better and flips the other one. But you said they all will be played extensively.
And as a CAG, you are telling us that you are willing to spend double so that you don't have to bring the xbox disk back and forward from car to home? Does this mean that you have 2 of other games?

If would have been better to just tell us you bought them for 4 friends.

I might be wrong, but your story is fishy.
It would be better if you didn't reply to this....because I'm not going to reply anymore....ie I'm posting my 2 cents and that it.

It restocked last night and was up for a couple of hours thats when I ordered my copy. You just have to troll Walmart.com hard.

If you didn't brag about your 5 copies on every page, people wouldn't have said anything. You could've said "my order shipped" "my order arrived" but nope. My 5 copies. haha tell me that wasn't a dick move. I can care less about your multiple orders (there wasn't a limit so it's just first come first serve), i'm just saying that's why people are commenting the way they do.

cool_story_bro_gif.gif

I ordered it online at 11:42 am Eastern time and got one for Xbox. Thanks OP and others. Great find and game. I have a copy but would like to know if the added stuff is worth it?

Anyway, I'll give someone else my other copy. Maybe my nephew as he loves it. Or, I could just keep one in my living room and one in my bedroom like that other horder. lol :roll:

Just ordered 30 copies.

1 for ps3
1 for 360
3 for my wiibox3
2 for my built in bathtub 360's
1 to consume and gain its power
1 to put in my bike tire to make neat clicky clack noises
2 to will to my son
And the rest to make a bitchin vest to go clubbing in

[quote name='erectiontown']I wanted PS3 :([/QUOTE]

PS3 version has a 7GB install... :roll:

In for one on the 360 thanks OP hopefully this order dont get cancelled