St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

I did some searching today, I cannot remember everything I found but I grabbed the only copy of Riddick for 14.98 at Bridgeton. Brentwood had the usual HAWX and Sonic, Chesterfield Valley had a Mass Effect platinum hits for 1398 and a PGR4 for 13.98.

The Valley Best Buy has a managers thing where these Blue Dot Games are 50% off. Not that there was anything amazing but there was 3 copies of street fighter 4 (360) that would be 40 bucks after the discount and one copy of RE 5 collectors edition with a blue sticker.(no price on it, guessing 79.99)I don't have a PS3 anymore so I am not sure if the other games were really worth it or not. lots of PS2 and Wii games also. If you are out there you might want to check it out, nothing that interested me on 360, trying to think it was mostly things like condemed 2 and a tennis game and Jericho.

the Brentwood games have changed also since the store is remodeled. they are in the back right next to the regular games. there was a Frontlines for 13.98 and I think wheelman was 20 bucks there. so many stores today I am getting forgetful... and to think I was actually out shopping for patio furnature at Lowe's because its 50% off lol

Kezmer: Was HAWK still marked $14.98? Figured it might have dropped on Monday or something. Also, did you see any Legends of Wrestlemania or Wanted in your travels?

I saw the Wrestlemania game at one of the Targets but it was still $41. HAWX was still 14.98, I may have seen it at 13.98 at one store but there were lots of copies at just about every store.

Brentwood Best Buy is having a 50% off special on certain games. A few I can think of off hand...

:360: Rise of the Argonauts $24.99
:360: Shellshock 2 $9.99
:360: Wanted $19.99
:360: Lost $9.99
:360: Spectral Force 3 $12-$15 (didn't get it checked, had 2 different prices...one on the little card and one on the sticker on the box)

Picked up Shellshock 2 last night even though it didn't get the greatest reviews. Figured I could get my 1000 GS then get hopefully get at least $5 from GS. Thinking about going back for Wanted. I've been hoping to find it for $15 at a Target clearance but that extra $5... :D

EDIT: Wow...just went back to try to get Wanted and all 3 copies from last night were gone. Same with Rise of the Argonauts and Shellshock 2. Knew I should have picked it up last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']^Hey Killbomb, did you notice if any PS3 games were included?[/QUOTE]

There were a few but not as many as 360. I doubt there is much left for PS3 unless you want Rock Revolution for $2.50. Oh, I do remember seeing a few copies of Alone in the Dark Inferno for $10 after markdown. Don't remember anything else for PS3.

I did notice when I went back that Brentwood still had a few copies of :360: Virtua Tennis 2009 for $25 after the markdown. Oh yeah, Bridgeton Target had 1 copy of :ps3: Lord of the Rings Conquest for $14.98 as of around 9 PM last night. Didn't pick it up because I wasn't sure if it had trophies. :D

[quote name='Kezmer']valley BB has the same 50% off things although I never see anything worthwhile[/QUOTE]

I imagine Brentwood just started it Tuesday or MAYBE Monday considering how fast stuff left the store. The guy that checked me out when I bought Shellshock and Wolfenstein said he would see orange stickers in his dreams so I can only wonder what I missed out on. Checked Bridgeton but they weren't doing it.

yeah bridgeton is closest to me and they never do anything.only BB I have seen deals at are Brentwood Valley and the one in Ellisville on manchester out by Olive. still never have seen much that i am interested in. I still have riddick from target un opened i got for 14.98. I dont even feel like playing it now lol, might just take it back

I have given up for now for a decent official 120 gig HD. I think I have hit every Sears and K-mart and none have any even in stock for full price and the 60Gig are marked 104.95. I am at the point I might just buy a new Elite for 299 and get an HDMI port too that I have never had.

[quote name='gleditts']Anyone interested in Batman Arkham Asylum, the Target on Hampton is selling it early for the ps3.[/QUOTE]

I was there around 3:30 PM today and didn't see it.

[quote name='gleditts']Anyone interested in Batman Arkham Asylum, the Target on Hampton is selling it early for the ps3.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else confirm getting a copy there? Even if it's on the shelf, the register probably won't let it be sold until Tuesday.

dont know if people are interested but PS3 Slims are out, saw some at the Bridgeton Best Buy, if they actually have it there then I am sure it is in stock everywhere else. $299 120 gig

The Blockbuster in Village Square is closing and they're doing an "everything must go" sale. Not much in the way of games...only a handful of pre-played games at only 15% off. They do have a ton of pre-viewed movies left which are now at 40% off. They were 30% off yesterday when I drove by so they may be discounted even further come the weekend.

yeah I saw this last week, that's my Blockbuster.. well used to be anyway. I didn't see anything even movies that were anything special. I think You might get better deals at the 4 movies for 20 used at a regular blockbuster

let me know if you see any deals on a set of rock band 2 wireless drums for xbox 360. I am guessing they will start clearing some stock out soon to make room for all this new stuff. i know i saw a thread a week ago about game crazy selling used ones for 10 bucks but I was out of town and couldnt check. best I have found is the wired ones for 29 at a target but that seem high for the wires.

I have a yellow lab and the less wires the better for me.. ask my guitar hero official microphone that is chewed in 2 pieces after a party.

thanks for any heads up!

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah I saw this last week, that's my Blockbuster.. well used to be anyway. I didn't see anything even movies that were anything special. I think You might get better deals at the 4 movies for 20 used at a regular blockbuster[/QUOTE]

Well, most were $14.99 with 40% off so I guess you're right. :D Gonna keep checking for bigger drops every now and then since it's on my way home from work.

[quote name='Kezmer']let me know if you see any deals on a set of rock band 2 wireless drums for xbox 360. I am guessing they will start clearing some stock out soon to make room for all this new stuff. i know i saw a thread a week ago about game crazy selling used ones for 10 bucks but I was out of town and couldnt check. best I have found is the wired ones for 29 at a target but that seem high for the wires.

I have a yellow lab and the less wires the better for me.. ask my guitar hero official microphone that is chewed in 2 pieces after a party.

thanks for any heads up![/QUOTE]

That must have been one hell of a party. :D

Millie my Lab had a great party that night..... Guitar Hero.. booze.. vodka.. left everything out... bye bye microphone... I think my LIPS mic works with GH 5 though, I think I can sing again... of course she ate my XBOX LIVE headset too.. and my white controller...

my own fault for drinking and gaming and leaving this stuff out lol

P4010168.jpg
This is the monster doing her thing lol

LOL....she looks like quite a handful! Still a puppy, it looks like...

I have Rock Band nights at my house too but I have two cats that like to play with the cords. One night after lots of alcohol consumption I left everything out, and the next morning I found cat puke all over the drum set cord. Ugh.

Was just in Brentwood Target and they have 2 copies of :ps3: Bionic Commando for $14.98 in the locked case. I really hate the way they've remodeled that store. Why they got rid of the other entrance I will never know. Parking and just getting into the store is a major hassle.

yeah its not like that was even an old store or anything, I know they did it to add the grocery section and I admit seeing ground beef and wine at target is weird but not sure If i will ever use it

I cant remember which one but at Florissant or Rock road there was an Ironman game for 9.98 I think and the other had Rainbow 6 Vegas for 13.98

[quote name='Killbomb']Was just in Brentwood Target and they have 2 copies of :ps3: Bionic Commando for $14.98 in the locked case. I really hate the way they've remodeled that store. Why they got rid of the other entrance I will never know. Parking and just getting into the store is a major hassle.[/QUOTE]Oh they re-did that store to get rid of one of the entrances? :wall:

There was nothing wrong with that store. I liked being able to get in the second entrance right by the electronics section.

Fenton Best Buy had several Metal gear solid 4 penny guides reg. edition as of last night. Probably about 6 guides on shelf

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh they re-did that store to get rid of one of the entrances? :wall:

There was nothing wrong with that store. I liked being able to get in the second entrance right by the electronics section.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the remodel is fully completed but I doubt the second entrance is coming back. Makes no sense for as busy as that store is. They also moved electronics to the very back of the store which sucks. The old layout was much better for gamers. :D

The Walmart in Des Pres (off Manchester) is having a big game clearance sale because they are closing that location in 9 days and moving up to 141 and Manchester. Anyway, the prices range between $7.50 - $20.00. I had been by two other Walmart locations over the weekend, and Des Pres looks like the only place doing it because of the move. Anyway, here is what I picked up:

- Star Ocean (Xbox 360) = $15.00
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) = $10.00
- Prince of Persia (Xbox 360) = $10.00
- Last Remnant (Xbox 360) = $15.00
- Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox 360) = $15.00

[quote name='RichVGS']The Walmart in Des Pres (off Manchester) is having a big game clearance sale because they are closing that location in 9 days and moving up to 141 and Manchester. Anyway, the prices range between $7.50 - $20.00. I had been by two other Walmart locations over the weekend, and Des Pres looks like the only place doing it because of the move. Anyway, here is what I picked up:

- Star Ocean (Xbox 360) = $15.00
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) = $10.00
- Prince of Persia (Xbox 360) = $10.00
- Last Remnant (Xbox 360) = $15.00
- Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox 360) = $15.00[/QUOTE]

Hey Rich, do you have an address for that WM? And were there any copies of Uncharted left? Thanks

[quote name='dino88']Hey Rich, do you have an address for that WM? And were there any copies of Uncharted left? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I looked at the store locator on the Wal-Mart site and this is most likely the address since I didn't see a listing for another store on Manchester...
13901 Manchester Rd
Town And Country, MO 63011

Probably run by there later on today.

[quote name='Killbomb']I looked at the store locator on the Wal-Mart site and this is most likely the address since I didn't see a listing for another store on Manchester...
13901 Manchester Rd

Probably run by there later on today.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking too. Let me know what you find PS3-wise, I might head by there tonight if I'm in StL.

There were five or six more copies of Uncharted there. There are two display areas. One for $10 and another for $20 that also has $15 games in there. And yes, it is the one in Town and Country.

[quote name='RichVGS']There were five or six more copies of Uncharted there. There are two display areas. One for $10 and another for $20 that also has $15 games in there. And yes, it is the one in Town and Country.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I only saw the one that had the $10 sign. Where was the other display located and do you think it's worth a trip back there tomorrow? Anyway, I ended up with...

:ps3: Motorstorm $7.50 plenty left
:ps3: Folklore $10.00 last one
:360: Prince Caspian $7.50 plenty left

Of note, they still had (all for $10)...

:360: Pure
:360: Lost Odyssey
:360: Tomb Raider Underworld
:360: Prince of Persia
:360: Lego Batman
:360: and :ps3: Condemned 2
:360: Sonic Unleashed
:ps3: Simpsons Game
:ps3: Legendary
:psp: Star Ocean First Departure

Plenty of older sports titles on 360 and PS3 as well.

I did not see any copies of Uncharted in the display I went through.

[quote name='Killbomb']I looked at the store locator on the Wal-Mart site and this is most likely the address since I didn't see a listing for another store on Manchester...
13901 Manchester Rd

Probably run by there later on today.[/QUOTE]It's on Manchester, west of 270 & Manchester, about 1 mile or so, on the right when heading westbound. It's in the same shopping plaza as Home Depot and Home Decorators.

I should swing by there on the way home tomorrow. Star Ocean for $15 wouldn't be a bad thing at all as would Tomb Raider Underworld at $10.

There were no more Uncharted. I searched both displays and the glass case. The other display case was directly in front of the electronics registers. Only one side held games, so maybe that's why you missed it.

I ended up leaving with nothing, but then again I was only looking for PS3 so you guys might find something for other systems. The 2 I was thinking of buying were 50 Cent (newest one) for $15 and Brothers in Arms: HH for $10.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's on Manchester, west of 270 & Manchester, about 1 mile or so, on the right when heading westbound. It's in the same shopping plaza as Home Depot and Home Decorators.

I should swing by there on the way home tomorrow. Star Ocean for $15 wouldn't be a bad thing at all as would Tomb Raider Underworld at $10.[/QUOTE]

They had about 5 or 6 Underworlds left but I didn't see any Star Oceans for 360. Perhaps they were on the rack I missed. I really would have cleaned up but I already own nearly everything that was worth getting. :cry:

[quote name='dino88']There were no more Uncharted. I searched both displays and the glass case. The other display case was directly in front of the electronics registers. Only one side held games, so maybe that's why you missed it.

I ended up leaving with nothing, but then again I was only looking for PS3 so you guys might find something for other systems. The 2 I was thinking of buying were 50 Cent (newest one) for $15 and Brothers in Arms: HH for $10.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the 50 Cent game is worth $15. I got it for that at Target and thought it was a pretty fun game.

Going back by that Walmart this afternoon with a friend who just bought an Xbox 360. I'll let you know what is still there when I get back.

Just got back and it looks like they cut prices a bit. A number of $15 games are now down to $10 and $20 games are down to $15. Also, noticed a few games that were not there before, including MLB 2K9 on PS3 for $10. I realize it isn't the better of the two baseball games, but damn, $10 is awesome.

[quote name='RichVGS']Just got back and it looks like they cut prices a bit. A number of $15 games are now down to $10 and $20 games are down to $15. Also, noticed a few games that were not there before, including MLB 2K9 on PS3 for $10. I realize it isn't the better of the two baseball games, but damn, $10 is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Probably drive back out there tomorrow and check it out. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='RichVGS']Just got back and it looks like they cut prices a bit. A number of $15 games are now down to $10 and $20 games are down to $15. Also, noticed a few games that were not there before, including MLB 2K9 on PS3 for $10. I realize it isn't the better of the two baseball games, but damn, $10 is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just back from there and apparently everything they have left is on one display in the middle of the aisle near electronics.

Picked up (all for $10)...

:360: Rise of the Argonauts (last one)
:360: Velvet Assassin (2 left)
:360: Dynasty Warriors Gundam (1 left)
:360: Crash: Mind Over Mutant (last one)
:360: Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (last one)
:360: Baja Edge of Control (last one)
:ps2: Dot Hack G.U. Vol 3 Redemption

I've been waiting for a good deal on Rise of the Argonauts. Velvet Assassin is apparently not too good but I think I can flip it to Gamestop if it sucks and perhaps make a small profit since it's still going for $40 used there. Anyway, they still have most of what I posted before except :360: Lost Odyssey and I believe :psp: Star Ocean are gone. Oh, and I couldn't find the :ps3: MLB 2K9 that Rich mentioned. A few new ones I saw...

:360: Eat Lead $15 (1 copy)
:360: Far Cry 2 $15 (1 copy)
:360: Devil May Cry 4 $15 (3 copies I believe)
:ps2: Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 $5 each (1 VJ 1 and 4 or 5 VJ 2)

Anyone that goes back there keep us informed of price drops or new games. I plan on going back next week right before the move.

In other news, I was out at the Fenton Target and they moved the clearance from where it used to be at an endcap (replaced with an endcap full of Skullcandy headphones) to towards the front of an aisle.

They had a large stack, 12+ games by my guess, of SFIV for the 360, stickered at $27.98. There were some other items:

A couple copies of Wheelman for the 360 at $9.98
Terminator Salvation for the 360 at $34.98
Wanted for the 360 at $24.98
Patapon 2 at $13.98

Some random other PSP, PS3 and 360 games as well, though I didn't have time to take a look for more details. It's a bit of a mess, so it might be worth going out there and trying to get a handle on more of it.

bread's done
Back