St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

on any hard to find releases, always check Game Crazy on West Florissant off of 270 on the North side. I work there, and we always have games. We never once sold out of Street Fighter 4 or Resident Evil 5. Had Fight Pads/Sticks for a long time. We always order tons of stuff because we preorder so much.

and if you come in, look for the only short white guy working there. THat's me :)

[quote name='myl0r']on any hard to find releases, always check Game Crazy on West Florissant off of 270 on the North side. I work there, and we always have games. We never once sold out of Street Fighter 4 or Resident Evil 5. Had Fight Pads/Sticks for a long time. We always order tons of stuff because we preorder so much.

and if you come in, look for the only short white guy working there. THat's me :)[/quote]

That Gamecrazy has been a diamond in the rough for me (I live pretty close to there). Usually when the Gamestops in the area are out of a game, I can almost always still find it at Gamecrazy. Of course, now that the secret is out... :)

If you ever see a blonde, 30-something white chick come in your store looking really out of place amongst the other patrons, it's likely me. :)

The Fenton Gamestop still has 1 PS3 CE of SF IV if you're looking for one, it was a transfer from another store. I also saw a CE of Halo Wars at the West County Mall EB Games, but that was 2 weeks ago.

The Fenton Gamecrazy really pissed me off on Black Friday and I refuse to go there anymore. I filed a MO Attorney General complaint against them and was awarded a $20 GC. I then went there to redeem it for a PSN card (was waiting for them to get 1600 MS point cards back in stock but needed the PSN card more) and it took them 1 hour and 7 calls to GC Tech Support to sell me the card.

I was one of their best customers from 2006-mid 2007, even got a friend to buy a 360 there. Now all I've bought there since Sept. 08 was Tales of Vesperia LE, 2 sets of PS3 triggers for $5 each (the ones that slide onto the L2/R2 buttons,) Burnout Paradise 360 ($20 and Gamestop was sold out of new and used copies,) and that $20 PSN card I got essentially for free. Compare that to the hundreds I've spent at the Fenton Gamestop and it's a blow to them.

Even though the GC pre-order item was much cooler for RE 5 (sandglobe vs. animation cell) I still went to Gamestop because they treat customers much better there. It's not the manager or the asst. (red hair, glasses,) but it's this fat kid (third key I guess?) they hired from CC in 2007 that is the a-typical game store jackass. See my blog list for what happened on Black Friday.

[quote name='gamegirl79']That Gamecrazy has been a diamond in the rough for me (I live pretty close to there). Usually when the Gamestops in the area are out of a game, I can almost always still find it at Gamecrazy. Of course, now that the secret is out... :)

If you ever see a blonde, 30-something white chick come in your store looking really out of place amongst the other patrons, it's likely me. :)[/quote]
I hate the Gamestop in our area. Everytime I go in there, and try to make small talk with the employees about games and stuff while they are slow, they act like I have the plague. Then again, that's the norm for every GS I've ever been in. It's like their employees are too good to talk to the customers.

If you are ever in the West Flo. GC, I'll be the out of place employee(the only small white guy working there). We don't get many Cheap Ass Gamer's around here, just a lot of Cheap Ass Customers :bomb:

[quote name='MSUHitman']The Fenton Gamestop still has 1 PS3 CE of SF IV if you're looking for one, it was a transfer from another store. I also saw a CE of Halo Wars at the West County Mall EB Games, but that was 2 weeks ago.

The Fenton Gamecrazy really pissed me off on Black Friday and I refuse to go there anymore. I filed a MO Attorney General complaint against them and was awarded a $20 GC. I then went there to redeem it for a PSN card (was waiting for them to get 1600 MS point cards back in stock but needed the PSN card more) and it took them 1 hour and 7 calls to GC Tech Support to sell me the card.

I was one of their best customers from 2006-mid 2007, even got a friend to buy a 360 there. Now all I've bought there since Sept. 08 was Tales of Vesperia LE, 2 sets of PS3 triggers for $5 each (the ones that slide onto the L2/R2 buttons,) Burnout Paradise 360 ($20 and Gamestop was sold out of new and used copies,) and that $20 PSN card I got essentially for free. Compare that to the hundreds I've spent at the Fenton Gamestop and it's a blow to them.

Even though the GC pre-order item was much cooler for RE 5 (sandglobe vs. animation cell) I still went to Gamestop because they treat customers much better there. It's not the manager or the asst. (red hair, glasses,) but it's this fat kid (third key I guess?) they hired from CC in 2007 that is the a-typical game store jackass. See my blog list for what happened on Black Friday.[/quote]
That sucks that GC gave you bad help. I will admit, we have had a lot of trouble with those PSN cards. But it sucks because I kinda take pride in the fact that I feel like GC has always given me better service than GS(see above) and I strive to give that to my customers in my store.
BTW, if you really want one of those sandglobes, we have boxes at my store, and if you are ever going to be in North County, send me a PM and come by the store and you can have one.

[quote name='myl0r']I hate the Gamestop in our area. Everytime I go in there, and try to make small talk with the employees about games and stuff while they are slow, they act like I have the plague. Then again, that's the norm for every GS I've ever been in. It's like their employees are too good to talk to the customers.

If you are ever in the West Flo. GC, I'll be the out of place employee(the only small white guy working there). We don't get many Cheap Ass Gamer's around here, just a lot of Cheap Ass Customers :bomb:[/quote]

Yeah whenever I go to the Gamestop around here, I have to figure the checkout process will take a minimum of 10 minutes once I get to the counter. If there's a line (and there usually is), I'm there for what feels like forever. I don't get it. :lol:

I'm glad the GS store down by me on Telegraph (Coppergate Square) takes good care of me on promo items and pre-orders. I've been giving them all of my business and only picking up other stuff as needed at other stores.

Since the GC down on Telegraph closed a couple of years ago, the only one nearby is the one in Fenton, and most of the times I've been in there, the employees are nothing but assuming know-it-all jackasses. Also why most of the time I don't go there when I'm looking for games and other items.

The Florissant GC is vaguely close to work, so I could swing by there to pick something up as needed. Good to know there's a CAG working there, so that's always a plus.

For what it's worth, I live about five miles from the Fenton Game Crazy and work less than a mile from the Florissant location. The Fenton one sucks; they've pretty much given me nothing but trouble over the years, but I've never had a bad experience at the Flo one ever that I can think of. I also used to have good luck at the Rock Hill location, but they closed a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='sirhansirhan']For what it's worth, I live about five miles from the Fenton Game Crazy and work less than a mile from the Florissant location. The Fenton one sucks; they've pretty much given me nothing but trouble over the years, but I've never had a bad experience at the Flo one ever that I can think of. I also used to have good luck at the Rock Hill location, but they closed a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]Well, that sucks that the Rock Hill location closed. Store locator doesn't show them coming up as a store, so that's a shame.

I went there a couple of times trying to find games that were on sale that the other stores didn't have. Guess that's not an option any longer.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']Anybody ever go to the Game Trader at Hawks Nest Plaza in St Charles?[/quote]

Yeah, I adore that place. I've gotten so much good stuff there. I also love Trade-N-Games down in Fenton.

If anyone is still looking for Madden, the South County BB has at least 4 copies of the 360 CE (Madden 09 + NFL Head Coach 09) for $30.

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Kirby Air Ride (used most likely) with the disc, original box, and instructions?

I'm also interested in getting the original PS1 Crash games, and some older players guides, too.

I'm having no luck. I just can't see buying a used Crash game for $20-30.
Are they really that rare?

[quote name='MSUHitman']If anyone is still looking for Madden, the South County BB has at least 4 copies of the 360 CE (Madden 09 + NFL Head Coach 09) for $30.[/quote]

You just gave me some nice memories of working there. lol

[quote name='SuperPhillip']

I'm also interested in getting the original PS1 Crash games, and some older players guides, too. [/quote]

On the Slackers website, there are several Crash games in the $15 dollar range.

The Walmart at 44 & Lindbergh in Sunset Hills has a number of games at the front registers, all of them under a $10 sign.

Most of it is crap, though there's games for most systems. I think there were games for the PS2, PS3, Wii, 360, DS and PSP. No Xbox or GC stuff, I believe. Only highlights I can think off off-hand was Okami for the Wii and UT3 for the 360.

It's not even close to organized, so you'd have to dig through and figure out what's good and what's not. I was there on Saturday, so no idea what might still be there.

Not a deal, but the bar "The Library" next to Soulard's Market has Guitar Hero Arcade. I didn't play it, but the bartender mentioned that it was one of only two in the city.

good luck trying to get to it unless it is during the day. That place is packed and is usually standing only on friday and saturday night. Also it is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. The beer is cold but not the coldest and every time I went the burgers were always under cooked. In what little light that was there I could still see some red in the meat. Now that they have Guitar Hero Arcade there I don't think you will be able to even get close to that thing. Atleast it will free up a table. Well maybe.

[quote name='turls']They have Guitar Hero Arcade at Fast Eddie's in Alton too.[/quote]

There's also a Guitar Hero Arcade at Pop's in Sauget IL. I was there Friday for a concert and noticed it. Looked pretty cool, but I didn't get to try it out.

If there's anyone looking for an AC6 bundle, the Best Buy on Watson in Crestwood had one last night. It was tagged @ $99.99, which is the discounted price.

Also, assuming it's still there, there was a SF IV CE 360 version at the Gamestop in South County on Telegraph, as of Friday evening.

Shrike,
The DM you talked about in the penny guide thread; do you know what stores she covers? I ask this as St. Louis is divided out among 5 or so Gamestop districts so I wonder if I'll be able to find something at Fenton tomorrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Shrike,
The DM you talked about in the penny guide thread; do you know what stores she covers? I ask this as St. Louis is divided out among 5 or so Gamestop districts so I wonder if I'll be able to find something at Fenton tomorrow.[/QUOTE]I'd have to take a guess at the districts, though it would make sense if they cover geographical areas. The likely area that would cover my neck of the woods would probably be anything south of I-44. Assuming that's the case for that area, it would be be the Telegraph store, the three SoCo mall stores, the Gravios Bluffs store and possibly the Sunset Hills stores off of Watson.

From what I had seen, my guess is that she's not the only one with the attitude about field destroys.

yea, if I'm guessing from the attitudes of the employees/manager at the lindburgh store in north county, no penny guides from that DM either. I found one one time and they refused sale. and it's pretty much the same 4 people who work there all the time I go in.

Going to the South Grand GameCrazy in a couple hours to see if that 13.00 "used" StarWars: Force Unleashed thing is legit. Update coming soon.

[quote name='ChokeOnTheMagic']Going to the South Grand GameCrazy in a couple hours to see if that 13.00 "used" StarWars: Force Unleashed thing is legit. Update coming soon.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it is. I work at the one in Florissant and we dropped the price on it the other day.

just copped a copy of Force Unleashed @ Ferguson/Florissant store earlier. myl0r, if that was you that helped me, i was the pigmentally endowed guy with the all-black Cardinals cap and blue shirt.

If anyone is interested, the Chesterfield BB still has 3 copies of the 360 SF4 CE and 3 copies of the PS3 RE5 CE. Both are still marked at full price though. BB is also having a massive (for them) Blu-Ray sale with about 30 or so Blu-Rays on sale for $15 until July 4.

Also beware of the PS3 RE5 CE's as the outer boxes have been mangled because of the anti-theft sensor wrapped around it.

They also still have some Smackdown vs. Raw 09 PS3 CE's though for $50, but unless you want the Blu-Ray you're better off getting the regular version at Target for $30.

Few things of note:

SoCo BB on S. Lindbergh had LOADS of penny guides, most everything save MGS4 LE, including SSBB.

SoCo TRU on S. Lindbergh has a Singstar Vol 2 bundle, and supposedly has "loads of bundles in the back" of Buzz. RZone rep didn't know the bundles had dropped. They had one in the glass case, though I picked it up. Stickers in the case for the bundles are the normal $59.99 price, but the hang tag in the PS3 section for Buzz shows the right price, though it might be for the game.

Sunset Hills TRU on S. Lindbergh had one Singstar Vol 2 bundle, though no Buzz bundles.

Since I picked up the Buzz bundles at TRU, I'm returning my Walmart bundle back to the Manchester store in Town & Country / Des Peres tomorrow, so if you can't find it at Sears or TRU, check at that Walmart after mid-evening tomorrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']What is the price of Buzz at TRU?[/QUOTE]$9.98. Sears has it at $20, though I never find much luck in clearance games @ Sears. Walmart has it for $20.

No problem. I know the RZone rep in the SoCo store was shocked by the pricing on Buzz & Singstar bundles, and he kept saying that there were "lots more in the back" of the Buzz bundles. I didn't see it personally, I can't say for certain if they were or if he was just trying to be funny.

[quote name='thabizzle']just copped a copy of Force Unleashed @ Ferguson/Florissant store earlier. myl0r, if that was you that helped me, i was the pigmentally endowed guy with the all-black Cardinals cap and blue shirt.[/QUOTE]

that was me. next time let me know you are a fellow CAG

[quote name='shrike4242']No problem. I know the RZone rep in the SoCo store was shocked by the pricing on Buzz & Singstar bundles, and he kept saying that there were "lots more in the back" of the Buzz bundles. I didn't see it personally, I can't say for certain if they were or if he was just trying to be funny.[/QUOTE]
I had no luck in North County. Went in to TRU to get Singstar and the last two bundles of Singstar 1 and 2(2 bundles each) were on HOLD for someone. I was pissed. I could have gotten Singstar 2 game only for $9.98, but I would have no mics since someone had 8 of them on hold in his bundles. Pissed me off.

[quote name='myl0r']I had no luck in North County. Went in to TRU to get Singstar and the last two bundles of Singstar 1 and 2(2 bundles each) were on HOLD for someone. I was pissed. I could have gotten Singstar 2 game only for $9.98, but I would have no mics since someone had 8 of them on hold in his bundles. Pissed me off.[/QUOTE]That's more than a little ridiculous to have that many bundles on-hold.

[quote name='shrike4242']Few things of note:

SoCo BB on S. Lindbergh had LOADS of penny guides, most everything save MGS4 LE, including SSBB.

SoCo TRU on S. Lindbergh has a Singstar Vol 2 bundle, and supposedly has "loads of bundles in the back" of Buzz. RZone rep didn't know the bundles had dropped. They had one in the glass case, though I picked it up. Stickers in the case for the bundles are the normal $59.99 price, but the hang tag in the PS3 section for Buzz shows the right price, though it might be for the game. [/QUOTE]

Hadn't had time this week to go shopping for clearance stuff until today. The BB in South County must be dropping strategy guides completely as almost all of them were 20% off. Only penny ones left were 2 Gears 2 LE guides and I bought both of those.

South County TRU was sold out of Buzz. I was told there were only 4 bundles total when the price dropped. They had a Singstar 1 bundle left and that was it. Makes me feel real stupid for buying that for $35 at CC liquidation when it could have been had for $10.

Went to the Chesterfield BB and TRU on Friday night (I was working there Friday afternoon) and there were no penny guides at BB, and Chesterfield sold out of Buzz earlier in the week. There was 1 Singstar 1 PS3 bundle left there also.

As of 5 p.m., the Fenton, MO Target had 3 copies of Afro Samurai on 360 available at $14.98 each. All the other 360 games that are on the clearance schedule are in the 360 display case.

I just left the Bridgeton Best Buy and got a copy of Guitar Hero: Smash Hits that isn't out till next Tuesday. I don't want to post this in the main forum because I am guessing an employee messed up and stuck them all out. they were on the shelves for 59.99 and I got a free Drum pedal also that is in next weeks ad, I don't know when they close but you might want to check it out if you live close.

Please don't be mad but I bought the 6 copies of Afro Samurai at the South County Target, but they were ALL for members of the RagTag CAG group (darkbossman, shan, flesh, dkreegz, joe2187, and cmart05.) They are paying me for the copies of course.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Please don't be mad but I bought the 6 copies of Afro Samurai at the South County Target, but they were ALL for members of the RagTag CAG group (darkbossman, shan, flesh, dkreegz, joe2187, and cmart05.) They are paying me for the copies of course.[/QUOTE]:bomb:

There he goes, pillaging my Target.

As long as they're for other CAGs, that's OK. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']:bomb:

There he goes, pillaging my Target.

As long as they're for other CAGs, that's OK. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah if Fenton still had some I would have went there but I got one two weeks ago and they disappeared after that. If not all the CAG copies are claimed you'll be the first to know.

SoCo Target had two copies of GT5P @ $9.98 and 2 (or 3) copies of R&C F: ToD @ $14.98 when I left there this evening. Assuming they're still that price tomorrow morning, might be worth a pickup. They have shelf tags showing that price, in fact.

myl0r,
Any idea why I was refused the 360 wireless controller for 29.99 at Fenton like it's supposed to be at all other Game Crazy's and why the used game deal isn't being offered there either?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5995331#post5995331

Also why hasn't the air conditioner been fixed there since it broke 2 weeks ago? It's 100 plus heat index with heat advisories out there and all the HWV/GC have to cool the stores are box fans.

Getting ready to file my 2nd MO Attorney General complaint against the Fenton, MO store in 7 months.

Currently at kirkwood target.

Aprox 5 copies secret agent clank psp $9.99

3 copies GHIII 360 $7.50

three copies of riddik for $42 on 360

I got the last star ocean for 9.99 ;)

[quote name='MSUHitman']myl0r,
Any idea why I was refused the 360 wireless controller for 29.99 at Fenton like it's supposed to be at all other Game Crazy's and why the used game deal isn't being offered there either?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5995331#post5995331

Also why hasn't the air conditioner been fixed there since it broke 2 weeks ago? It's 100 plus heat index with heat advisories out there and all the HWV/GC have to cool the stores are box fans.

Getting ready to file my 2nd MO Attorney General complaint against the Fenton, MO store in 7 months.[/QUOTE]

Fenton Game Crazy? I do not know man. Next time I see my boss or our DM I will mention how I heard of someone not getting advertised deals and having a horrible time there.
We(the W. Florissant store) honestly never even deal with them. We never call them to transfer things, nothing. I honestly sometimes forget that one exists. But I will ask my boss tomorrow, because he kinda helps out the DM doing district stuff within the city.

[quote name='carn311']Currently at kirkwood target.

Aprox 5 copies secret agent clank psp $9.99

3 copies GHIII 360 $7.50

three copies of riddik for $42 on 360

I got the last star ocean for 9.99 ;)[/QUOTE]

That would have been nice, but I'm scared to death of driving now.

bread's done
Back