St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Only place I would suggest trying are GameXchange, Slackers, or the Play N Trade on Manchester as those are the only places that carry old stuff anymore.

I know for a fact that the Sunset Hills, Crestwood Mall, Manchester, and Fenton Gamestop's (possibly West County Mall also) all got Wii's delivered today.

Walmart in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville IL had atleast 4 of them yesterday around 3:30-4:00 pm. Don't know if they are sold out now or not. One of the Wii boxes was beat up a little on the corners.

[quote name='anomynous']they have a 60 GB PS3 at the K Mart in O Fallon MO just so you guys know......

But it's in the back[/quote]

Then go buy it. You can sell that thing for $650 plus $40 shipping in about 3 days on ebay.

Not sure what K-Mart has them listed at but I got some at Blockbuster for $449 plus tax.

If anyone's looking for Nyko Perfect Shots, I found around six of them at the Kmart in South County, off of Lemay Ferry road.

Well, there's four or so now, with me picking up two of them.

Is anyone besides Game Crazy having a midnight sale for GTA 4? I'll be at the Fenton GC getting my 360 LE of GTA 4 on that Monday night.

Anyone know where I can find a copy of Etrian Odyssey and/or Lunar Knights?

I can't find either of them anywhere, and I'd rather buy them at a B&M.

[quote name='cytorak']Anyone know where I can find a copy of Etrian Odyssey and/or Lunar Knights?

I can't find either of them anywhere, and I'd rather buy them at a B&M.[/quote]

I think the CC in Fenton at the Bluffs still had a copy of Lunar Knights in the clearance bin but don't quote me on it.

Last night, there was a huge number (8+, if I remember right) of copies of Blue Dragon at the Sunset Hills TRU, the one by Hwy 44 & Lindbergh. They were towards the bottom of the dump bin, so you'll need to dig to find them.

There was at least one copy of Blazing Angels 2 there was well. Also, random other clearance TRU games, most of them in the dump bin on the floor. Some were off to the side in the locked case.

Same scenario for game placement in the South County TRU, though much less of good pickings.

Mid Rivers and South County Best Buy and the 2 STL Game Crazy locations left (Fenton and in the city) will be having midnight launches for Grand Theft Auto IV. Gamestop's I guess are a case-by-case basis but none of the stores I visit have any signs saying they're going to do that.

I will be at the Fenton Game Crazy if anyone is coming there.

[quote name='cytorak']Anyone know where I can find a copy of Etrian Odyssey and/or Lunar Knights?

I can't find either of them anywhere, and I'd rather buy them at a B&M.[/quote]

The Game Crazy up in Ferguson has one sealed copy of Etrian Odyssey left for $30. I've been thinking of picking it up for weeks, but haven't yet. You can have it if you want it. It was still there this morning.

[quote name='anomynous']they have a 60 GB PS3 at the K Mart in O Fallon MO just so you guys know......

But it's in the back[/quote]

What are you getting at with the "it's in the back" statement? Is an employee holding it? Do you know if it is still available? I know I'm seeing this post a little late...

Would anyone be interested in doing a CAG meetup like some of the other regions are doing? Like on Memorial Day or 4th of July like at Dave and Busters or something like that?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Would anyone be interested in doing a CAG meetup like some of the other regions are doing? Like on Memorial Day or 4th of July like at Dave and Busters or something like that?[/quote]

I would definitely be down for a CAG meetup sometime, but I will be out of town on both of those days. So if anything gets agreed on that is sometime when I am in town I will be there!

I'm about an hour south of STL. If anyone see's Saga Frontier or knows where one is, will you send me a PM? Thanks :D

[quote name='gleditts']Anyone know of any good Gears of War deals in STL?[/quote]

Buy it used at Gamestop, Game Crazy, or an independent store. Or go on EBay. This game won't drop in price for a new copy until this fall right before GoW 2 ships.

[quote name='sendme']Walmart in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville IL had atleast 4 of them yesterday around 3:30-4:00 pm. Don't know if they are sold out now or not. One of the Wii boxes was beat up a little on the corners.[/quote]

Good to see another E'ville person around here. :D

I just wanted to say hey to all me STL brothers out there. A CAG meet up would be pretty neat. Keep me updated.

MSU... I plan on trying to give you Podcast a listen while at work in the next couple weeks. I've been wanting to work on a Podcast myself but haven't found anyone in the area who is really interested. I'm quite addicted to listening to them while I paint and design stuff at work.

[quote name='7thton']Good to see another E'ville person around here. :D[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you but I'm not. I'm from Granite City. I just goto Edwardsville because I hate the Walmart in Granite City. Hell if I could buy food in Edwardsville and not take the chance of it going bad by the time I got home I would. At times I already buy gas outside of town.

If anyone is looking for a MGS4 bundle in-store, the Sears store in South County has one, at least, they did yesterday.

It's hidden among the PS3 stuff, and underneath a 40GB non-bundle system.

I don't know if the Nyko Perfect Shots are still hard to find, but the Best Buy in Brentwood had several of them for $14.99. They also had several Ninja Gaiden wall graphics for a penny.

[quote name='sendme']Hate to tell you but I'm not. I'm from Granite City. I just goto Edwardsville because I hate the Walmart in Granite City. Hell if I could buy food in Edwardsville and not take the chance of it going bad by the time I got home I would. At times I already buy gas outside of town.[/quote]

In the same boat as you my friend :p

[quote name='gamegirl79']I don't know if the Nyko Perfect Shots are still hard to find, but the Best Buy in Brentwood had several of them for $14.99. They also had several Ninja Gaiden wall graphics for a penny.[/quote]I think the shortage issues with Perfect Shots seems to be done with, as I've seen them at multiple BB's (Fenton, South County), and CC's (Fenton, South County).

Is that Game On store still around, was mentioned in this thread awhile back, wanting to know if it's still around.

Any other independent used game stores in the STL/IL area worth checking out?

Thanks!!

[quote name='destro4eva']Is that Game On store still around, was mentioned in this thread awhile back, wanting to know if it's still around.

Any other independent used game stores in the STL/IL area worth checking out?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Slackers CDs and Games is about the only one that I know of. You might try the only one Vintage Vinyl we have in the STL area now. Before the one in GC closed they started to sell some games and movies. It wasn't much but they did seem to be like they were trying to become another Slackers.

Game On is doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale right now on used games. The employee yesterday didn't know when it ended but signs were in every used section. They have a good selection of XBox, PS2, and 360 used games, and a limited selection of PS3, Gamecube, and Wii used games.

Well Game On is getting out of the video game business and going to concentrate on tabletop games and comics. Starting Friday, until they're sold out, all of their used games are 50% off the sticker price. I was there playing VS System tonight and they had a copy of Fallout 3 on 360, so if it lasts until Friday, there's a $25 copy of Fallout 3 for you!

They're going to do discounts on their new products and accessories eventually, but don't get too excited as they haven't gotten any new release games in since Soul Calibur IV. They will also be doing EBay auctions, once those are going I'll let everyone know.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well Game On is getting out of the video game business and going to concentrate on tabletop games and comics. Starting Friday, until they're sold out, all of their used games are 50% off the sticker price. I was there playing VS System tonight and they had a copy of Fallout 3 on 360, so if it lasts until Friday, there's a $25 copy of Fallout 3 for you!

They're going to do discounts on their new products and accessories eventually, but don't get too excited as they haven't gotten any new release games in since Soul Calibur IV. They will also be doing EBay auctions, once those are going I'll let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they're done with this sale...?

Anybody in STL have any extras of those Xbox 120 GB hard drives that Target clearanced? I can't seem to find ANY of them.

Game On still 50% off all used games until they run out. Decent, but not great selection of 360, PS3/2, Xbox 1, Gamecube, and Wii games.

All 7 CC's going out of business here in the STL area seem to be following the same mantra: currently having MOBILE accessories, cables, and furniture at 30% off, DVD/BR/CD at 20% off, and everything else at 10% off.

Fenton CC has been cleaned out of all systems except for 3 80GB PS3's. MS/Wii point cards and accessories were cleaned out, just a few 1 month Live, 3 month Live, and 800/1600 MS point cards left. All CE of games were remarked at $60 and the discount is applied from that, so CE now are at $54.

There were a TON of PSN $20/$50 cards left though so I'm hoping those last until they're 20 or 30% off also.

In case anybody's looking for a Wii and doesn't mind driving 120 miles, Circuit City in Columbia has, as of 5 pm today (friday), about 20 Wiis and they're 10% off. The store is right off of I-70, exit 124.

[quote name='The Linguist']In case anybody's looking for a Wii and doesn't mind driving 120 miles, Circuit City in Columbia has, as of 5 pm today (friday), about 20 Wiis and they're 10% off. The store is right off of I-70, exit 124.[/quote]

This is, most Gamestop's have Wii's daily now. I went to 3 Gamestop's on Thursday, and all 3 had Wii's in stock.

Has anyone been able to find a Street Fighter IV fight pad at any of the local Best Buy stores? I was at the Bridgeton store yesterday and they didn't have any...

[quote name='gamegirl79']Has anyone been able to find a Street Fighter IV fight pad at any of the local Best Buy stores? I was at the Bridgeton store yesterday and they didn't have any...[/quote]

Edit: As of Wednesday night, Fenton BB had 1 360 Ryu pad and 2 360 CE. Fenton Gamestop has 1 360 LE, not sure about pads as they're not on the shelf. I know they didn't get the SE fightstick and I was the only person to order the TE stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is hard up for a PS3 CE of SF IV and doesn't mind a 3.5 hour drive south, the Best Buy in Paducah, KY (IL/KY border) at the KY Oaks Mall had 3 sealed copies left as of 2 p.m. Monday. The Gamestop in the mall also had at least one copy, don't know if it's only the gutted copy or not though.

bread's done
Back