St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

I do think they're a little high, but I got some good deals on used HD-DVD's there and I was unable to off load some old DVD's for a couple of games, but now that the Fenton location closed I won't probably go to one again as there isn't one close to me that I would frequent.

Anyone go to Culture Shock yet? I think their grand opening was last week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I do think they're a little high, but I got some good deals on used HD-DVD's there and I was unable to off load some old DVD's for a couple of games, but now that the Fenton location closed I won't probably go to one again as there isn't one close to me that I would frequent.

Anyone go to Culture Shock yet? I think they're grand opening was last week.[/quote]

I think the Fenton one just moved a couple exits down to the south county mall.

Well, now I see what MSUHitman was talking about:

[quote name='From Slackers.com']Sep. 24 - Slackers in South County
Slackers in Fenton is no more. However, don't get too upset because we've only moved to a new, better location. The Fenton Slackers is now the South County Mall Slackers!

Located in the former Neutral Zone location in between Sears and Dillards, Slackers is once again merging our store with theirs. We carry the usual music, movies and games, but are also carrying action figures, toys, and comics from days of old to the newest releases!

Much like our Mid Rivers location, this store is an incredible, breathtaking site to behold!! There's something here for everyone.

Watch out for our Security Force consisting of Spiderman, Wicket and a Jawa. You'll see what I mean when you enter the store!
View Locations for store address. [/quote]

The Neutral Zone wasn't there that long, like a few months at most. :whistle2:s

And there's a Slackers in Mid Rivers Mall now, because the O Fallon one will be closing when they start building the Super Wal Mart

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, now I see what MSUHitman was talking about:

The Neutral Zone wasn't there that long, like a few months at most. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

The South County Mall is not really the target demographic for a store that has one wall consisting of Star Wars action figures.

If they were wrestling or Jeff Foxworthy action figures, that's a different story. :)

[quote name='hufferstl']Just in case you missed it, the chesterfield valley store also moved to the Mall a month or two ago.[/quote]

I just saw that. Me and my girlfriend were at the Chestefield mall recently and saw it.

The prices weren't as bad as I remember them being, but some of the CD prices were laughable.

[quote name='cytorak']The South County Mall is not really the target demographic for a store that has one wall consisting of Star Wars action figures.

If they were wrestling or Jeff Foxworthy action figures, that's a different story. :)[/quote]I live out in that neck of the woods, I know that all too well. :lol:

Speaking of the Chesterfield Mall, anyone been in there and seen the decent looking chick with the incredibly high pitched voice?

Hopefully she doesn't look at CAG, because I highly doubt there is more than 1 worker at the Mall with an incredibly high squeaking voice.

All I can say is I don't think I have ever heard a voice quite like it.

Edit: When I say speaking of, I mean 3 posts back.

I goto the slackers in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville IL and some times the O'Fallen IL one. From what I was told they might close the one in Glen Carbon/edwardsville to make the walmart larger. I went in the other day to see if they had the evil dead books of the dead dvds. I can usually find hard to find things at them for less then what they would be on ebay. I saw a shit load of comics there though. So I don't know when they started to sell them. I would rather they kept selling Sega stuff then the comics.

Its about a 45 minute drive for me so I wont be checking that place out for a long time if at all. It would be nice to have some stuff on the IL side.

Video Games LIVE concert will be at the Fox Theatre on Sat., Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $32.50-$42.50 with a $4-6 fee per ticket. For those that don't know, this is the traveling music show put together by Tommy Talarico that has an orchestra playing the greatest video game themes/music tracks of all time.

If anyone is desparate for a Wii, the TRU in Columbia (exit 124 off I70) has them. I was there around 5 tonight and the guy said they just opened a fresh box of them. I don't know how many that means they have but it's likely they'll still have some tomorrow (Monday).

[quote name='MSUHitman']Play N Trade has just opened it's first MO store on 14331 Manchester Rd. Has anyone gone there yet?[/quote]

I went there about a month ago. Selection was very limited. That might have changed by now though. They pricematch on everything though, so that's a plus. At least I was told they did.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Play N Trade has just opened it's first MO store on 14331 Manchester Rd. Has anyone gone there yet?[/quote]Am I crazy to think that used to be an EB store? I remember there used to be an EB store around that part of Manchester before the merger, and the GS store in the shopping plaza with the defunct CompUSA caused it to close after the merger.

If it's what I'm thinking of next to the tire store and Becky's carpet store then you are correct. That EB actually stayed open for about 1 year after the merger, then boom, it was gone on a Monday without any warning. It was the closest store to work and I always made my purchases there as I could get them during lunch. Bought my PSP (which I sold to someone in Feb.) on launch weekend there.

The manager at that EB got demoted I think to asst. manager at the Gamestop that you mentioned by Hollywood Video and was going through hundreds of receipts transfering pre-orders into that stores system since at the time EB/Gamestop systems were not compatible.

[quote name='shrike4242']Am I crazy to think that used to be an EB store? I remember there used to be an EB store around that part of Manchester before the merger, and the GS store in the shopping plaza with the defunct CompUSA caused it to close after the merger.[/quote]

As far as I remember there was never an EB in there. There was an EB just on the other side of 141 that closed awhile ago.

Well did anyone or anyone you know brave the 8 inches of snow to get in line for a Wii today?

Also who's going to Video Games Live concert in January? Maybe we could do a CAG STL group meetup?

There's a huge electronics liquidation sale going on at the Gateway Center this weekend. TV's, PC's, games (Gears of War for $20), digital cameras, etc. It started today but is open 10-10 on Saturday and 11-6 on Sunday.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There's a huge electronics liquidation sale going on at the Gateway Center this weekend. TV's, PC's, games (Gears of War for $20), digital cameras, etc. It started today but is open 10-10 on Saturday and 11-6 on Sunday.[/quote]

I went to something like this about 2 yrs ago, and it sucked big time. Cost $10 or $20 to get in and then the prices weren't even good. No clue if this is the same thing though.

If any of you out there are looking for 60GB PS3's, I ran into a few of them at the Sam's Club on Lemay Ferry in South County. There looked like somewhere between 3-6 of them, listed as a "bundle" with Motorstorm for $549.99. Hardly a deal, of course, though it's the first place I've seen any 60GB PS3's in months.

They also had a few Xbox 360 Wireless wheel sets, the new one without the overheat issue, listed as a "Seasonal Item" (aka once they're gone, they're gone), for ~$86-$87. I picked one up, mainly since I think this is as cheap as it'll get for that wheel. This is the new one, which doesn't come with PGR3, though comes with the demo version of Forza 2.

[quote name='Killhawk']I was told by a friend that there exists another Software Plus location. The one on Olive closed down :cry:

Anyone know anything about it?[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken there is a Software Plus out here in St. Charles near Jungerman and McClay road. It's in one of those areas of stores on the south side of Jungerman before you get to McClay.

[quote name='shrike4242']Last time I saw the GGC's at the South County store, they were sitting in the CD racks on the endcaps for the CD. The area facing the registers where the put some of the "hot sellers" and "new releases".[/quote]

What does GGC stand for? I'm not familar with it.

[quote name='hufferstl']Just in case you missed it, the chesterfield valley store also moved to the Mall a month or two ago.[/quote]

Yea they had to move to Chesterfield Mall because they lost their lease because Wal-Mart is expanding in the Chesterfield Valley to become a Super Center. There were like 4-5 stores that were kicked out/moved east so Wal-Mart could expand.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Video Games LIVE concert will be at the Fox Theatre on Sat., Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $32.50-$42.50 with a $4-6 fee per ticket. For those that don't know, this is the traveling music show put together by Tommy Talarico that has an orchestra playing the greatest video game themes/music tracks of all time.[/quote]

How many of you are going to end up going? Maybe some of us could meet at this event and get to know each other if enough people are going.

[quote name='Protektor']What does GGC stand for? I'm not familar with it.[/quote]

GGC= Gamer's Gift Card. It was a special gift certificate Best Buy had in their video game section that had on the back of it a $5 off coupon of any video game item that cost $20 or more. BB had these for a couple of years then discontinued them early last year.

In regards to Video Games Live, unless someone else has gotten tickets and not posted yet, I am the only CAG who has bought tickets.

Don't know if it is still available (moved from STL to KC yesterday), but there is a listing on craigslist that says something like PS2 system and a bunch of PS1 games for $75. Final Fantasy VII and Silent Hill were listed.

If anyone knows someone looking for a 360 Holiday bundle with the free games, as of yesterday, two places by me still had them. Game On at Dougherty Ferry and Big Bend and the Game Crazy out at Gravois Bluffs off 141 in Fenton each had one Elite left with the free games. I don't know whether they're Falcons or not though.

For anyone on the Illinois side, the new Gamestop out by Lowes and Walmart off Green Mount is having a B2G1 free sale right now. Have no clue how long it lasts, but i got stuff for free this morning.

This isn't the one by Target off Green Mount. Get off 64 and head past the Target shopping area down Green Mount. It is probably about 3 miles down the road. You will see the Lowes right off of Green Mount.

Haha I work there.

Anyone see the Wal-Mart $10 Wii Card/Nunchuck/CC bundles in the STL area? Arnold and Festus were a bust.

[quote name='cytorak']Anyone see the Wal-Mart $10 Wii Card/Nunchuck/CC bundles in the STL area? Arnold and Festus were a bust.[/quote]The Des Peres/Manchester WM on Manchester road was a bust, they were normal price when I checked a while back.

I'm going to the South County/Telegraph WM to pick up something that was shipped via Site-To-Store, I'll check them there and see what I find.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm going to the South County/Telegraph WM to pick up something that was shipped via Site-To-Store, I'll check them there and see what I find.[/quote]The Telegraph WM didn't have any of the point bundles, though they did have the Classic Controller + sleeve kits, which rung up for $24.99. :cry:

Here are the Hollywood Video locations in our area that have until the end of April to turn a profit or will be shut down according to the thread in Deal/Shopping Discussions:

Chesterfield
Ballwin
Florissant
Webster Groves

I live a few blocks away from that family video that was mentioned as well. On the negative end of things, i had to bring my used copy of mass effect back (which they gleefully resurfaced again!). We'll see if the copy works any better this time. They do have some crazy deals though.

Does anyone in st. louis need a wii? I am selling an unopened wii for $250 if you buy my zelda: Twilight princess and an extra controller/nunchuck(barely used) also. I am wanting $350 for everything(includes the receipt).

I am not wanting to gouge anyone, let me know if you are interested.

If anyone wants to brave the weather, another STL-area CAG (forgot the name, sorry) said the Wal-Mart in Town and Country (Manchester Rd.) has broken the street date on MLB The Show on at least PS3, nor sure about PS2 or PSP. They put it out for sale yesterday.

Edit 8 p.m.- Cancel that on getting MLB The Show early. Just came back from that Wally World and either they sold out or they pulled it because there's a spot for it on the shelf but no copies.

Anyone know of any good Mom & Pop stores that have a copy of Earthbound for the SNES? I'm a former St. Louisan stuck between St. Louis & Chicago and am coming down to visit my family in a few days and if there are any stores that have it I intend to finally pick it up again since my copy was sold at a yard sale by my family members a few years back grrr lol.

bread's done
Back