St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

What the hell did they do? fuck

Greetings from the Amazon Associates Program.

We are writing from the Amazon Associates Program to notify you that your Associates account will be closed and your Amazon Services LLC Associates Program Operating Agreement will be terminated effective August 27, 2013. This is a direct result of the unconstitutional Missouri state tax collection legislation passed by the state legislature and signed by Governor Nixon on July 5, 2013, with an effective date of August 28, 2013. As a result, we will no longer pay any advertising fees for customers referred to an Amazon Site after August 27 nor will we accept new applications for the Associates Program from Missouri residents.

Please be assured that all qualifying advertising fees earned prior to August 28, 2013 will be processed and paid in full in accordance with your regular advertising fee schedule. Based on your account closure date of August 27, 2013, any final payments will be paid by October 31, 2013.

While we oppose this unconstitutional state legislation, we strongly support the federal Marketplace Fairness Act now pending before Congress. Congressional legislation is the only way to create a simplified, constitutional framework to resolve interstate sales tax issues and it would allow us to re-open our Associates program to Missouri residents.

We thank you for being part of the Amazon Associates Program, and look forward to re-opening our program when Congress passes the Marketplace Fairness Act.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Associates Team

Does this mean digital codes (XBL, PSN, etc.) will be taxed now? What about Gamestop store credit?

Also I'm an individual seller; will I still be able to sell on Amazon?

Does this mean digital codes (XBL, PSN, etc.) will be taxed now? What about Gamestop store credit?

I have no idea... I'm having trouble finding the bill. What I do know is that all Missouri based blogs basically lost half of their potential income sources. If Cheapy was based in Missouri, he'd be totally screwed.

I plan on calling my State Rep in the morning and ask her what the hell they were thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

It has to do with people making money off of affiliate links, or people who would get money by sending people to Amazon.

As far as the actual bill itself, this is the first I've heard of it.

Fenton GS will have midnight releases every Monday except for Sept. 2 for the next 5 weeks:

Aug. 19- SR, SC, Bureau
Aug. 26- Madden, Japanese games
Sept. 16- GTA V

Edit: NHL midnight most likely canceled as the store manager, who is also an area manager & a Blues season ticket holder, may end up promoted to another state so that will end that.

Not sure if this will change soon or not but there is still no tax on MS Point/Steam/PSN card purchases as of tonight at the Fenton GS.

So I walked into the St. Peters Walmart store. Apparantly they are selling the Injustice: Gods Among Us COLLECTOR'S EDITION for $59.96 (it's only $10 more than than the game alone). Multiple copies of both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Is it worth it for the statue/DLC goodies if I already own the game?

So I walked into the St. Peters Walmart store. Apparantly they are selling the Injustice: Gods Among Us COLLECTOR'S EDITION for $59.96 (it's only $10 more than than the game alone). Multiple copies of both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Is it worth it for the statue/DLC goodies if I already own the game?
Maybe if you sell the game and keep the goodies you'd be out like $30 I guess.

If people are curious most of the south county-ish GS locations are around 200 or more preorders for GTA V while Fenton is over 500 & counting. So expect Fenton to be slammed if you're going to trade, etc. there next week.

The OfficeMax in Arnold is closing and they have some external Hard Drives for 40% off. Might be useful for the Wii U, Xbox One or Playstation 4. I thought about picking one up, but by the time I would need one they might already be faster and cheaper.

Ramen keep us informed if you would. I need a larger one (have a 250GB right now) and wouldn't mind getting a bigger one cheap. I can't get out there until Wednesday night.

Their last day is Saturday September 28th and they do markdowns on Thursdays. They seem to knock down prices by 10% every Thursday.

It also looks like area GameStops have gotten new shipments of the PC Version of Final Fantasy XIV. It looks like I'll actually be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Damn I went to Office Depot instead of Office Max! Dur!

Oh well still got their last 500 GB 5400 RPM laptop HDD for $50, cheaper than both NewEgg & Amazon.

Ramen, where's Office Max?

If anyone is looking for a deal on a 360, the Target on Hampton has a MW3 system with the 320 HD on clearance for $199. Only one available as of last night.

Heads up if you live near the Overland area - there is a new business that recently opened up (less than a month old!) known as Game Haven.  They area an Internet Cafe-style business where you pay $4.75/hr or $20 all day to play PC games and gaming consoles ranging from the Atari 2600 thru the Wii U.  Lots of TV's dedicated to one console each.  A couple of arcade cabinents (The Simpsons and a 100 games-in-1 style machine), pinball, air hockey as well.  Online-enabled consoles are hooked up to their respective online services.  There is also a lounge area for card & board-based games, and gaming merch available for sale - supposedly the cheapest in town according to the owner.  There are plans for an upcoming Magic the Gathering Tournament and a Madden 25 Tournament.

Check it out, and maybe it can be a gaming meet-up for STL CAGs...?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GameHavenSTL

I hope that does well but when I was in college (this was in California) there was I similar business I actually worked for and it folded really quickly because no one wanted to pay hourly for that stuff.

Damn I went to Office Depot instead of Office Max! Dur!

Oh well still got their last 500 GB 5400 RPM laptop HDD for $50, cheaper than both NewEgg & Amazon.

Ramen, where's Office Max?
By Wal-Mart and GameStop. They closed on the 28th.

(Sorry I didn't see it sooner. They sold out of hard drives before the 25th anyway)

Heads up if you live near the Overland area - there is a new business that recently opened up (less than a month old!) known as Game Haven. They area an Internet Cafe-style business where you pay $4.75/hr or $20 all day to play PC games and gaming consoles ranging from the Atari 2600 thru the Wii U. Lots of TV's dedicated to one console each. A couple of arcade cabinents (The Simpsons and a 100 games-in-1 style machine), pinball, air hockey as well. Online-enabled consoles are hooked up to their respective online services. There is also a lounge area for card & board-based games, and gaming merch available for sale - supposedly the cheapest in town according to the owner. There are plans for an upcoming Magic the Gathering Tournament and a Madden 25 Tournament.

Check it out, and maybe it can be a gaming meet-up for STL CAGs...?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GameHavenSTL
There was a LAN place on Manchester a few years ago and that folded, went there once.

Smart to get into TCG's but with Yeti, Ogre, Fantasy Shop in both St. Charles & South County, Game Nite, the corpse of Gathering Ground on Manchester, B&B in Eureka, that store in High Ridge, & Bodach's in Arnold soon expanding to run a full tabletop gaming store in addition to video games I just worry there's too many options in STL.

Not to mention all the GS locations plus Slackers, VStock, & Bodach's to compete on the game side of things.

If you guys go I would even though its out of my way.

i don't know if any local cag's are looking for a launch ps3 that plays ps2 and ps 1 games but i have one i am willing to part with for not a fortune. i had a friend who sold me his 160gb ps3 for a trade and some cash and i really don't need 2 ps3's. i'd take 120 for it or a 3ds xl straight up. it only has an original controller no sixaxis and i have a blu ray romote you can have that i bought extra for it.

no promises how long it lasts. it's always worked for me the top shell does slide off if you push it but i don't touch it. i will most likely trade it in for credit if no one is interested or has an xl they are willing to part with.

I'm low enough on funds with the fall video game series starting so probably I doubt I could get in on it, but out of curiosity was it a 20gb or 60gb launch version? Also is it still that original hard drive size? 

it's a 60 gig launch unit. i never added a bigger hard drive. i really don't use the ps3 much for gaming but i used it as a blu ray player a lot. it makes the usual fan noise when it spins a disk but i've never had a problem with it.

it's a 60 gig launch unit. i never added a bigger hard drive. i really don't use the ps3 much for gaming but i used it as a blu ray player a lot. it makes the usual fan noise when it spins a disk but i've never had a problem with it.
Kezmer if nobody wants it you could get about $100 credit for it at GS if you don one of the power trades or buy something used.

Well with the current deal going on selling the used systems for $150 I would imagine the TIV is going to go down soon.

Also if anyone is interested the Fenton Target has one of the Batman: Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Blu-Ray Steelbooks left (I bought the next to last one.)

Never preordering from Best Buy again. First and last time. Went to the Fenton, MO store today to pick up my preorder as yesterday I worked both of my jobs from 10-10 so I couldn't go to BB while they were open. Went to customer service and no cases. Customer service/Geek Squad lady and her supervisor go all around looking for it while I call BB corporate and two of the other Geek Squad ladies try to tell me:

1. I should have gotten the case when I preordered (lie)

2. It was a limited-time offer and I preordered it too late (lie as I preordered Sept. 23 and still had my receipt and the preorder flyer)

3. Well they ran out so too bad I should have come yesterday because it was a limited item (became a lie)

4. "Well you don't have to buy it from us" when I was a little agitated explaining to the BB 1-800 customer service number on why I preordered there (This metalpak was the primary reason, secondary ones were the $45 I was given for Madden NFL 25 trade in and the movie that's in the CE can be bought seperately for $6 if you buy it with the game.)

After 30-45 minutes, two of the experienced blue shirts were summoned to help the customer service people because I've gotten more agitated by the two Geek Squad women who talked back to me and 5-10 minutes later they come out with about 10 Metalpaks for each system they said were just stuffed in a corner of the "media warehouse."

I always use the Eager Rd. location and I've never had a problem picking up a preorder, aside from some minor confusion on the morning of Mass Effect 3's release.

I go to Bridgeton and there has been times they forgot my thing but nothing hellish like that.
Mid Rivers or Wentzville here. No issues, but Mid Rivers has pretty slow customer service. I felt like I was going to get shot the two times I went into the Bridgeton store.

There's a flipside to not ordering in-store with Best Buy and ordering online.

Sometimes, they'll ship single items in a bubble mailer, paper mailer or plastic mailer when it needs to be put in a box.  Like the pre-order metalpack for my Batman Arkham Origins, which was dented in shipment.  I had to call BB customer care and read them the riot act about packing something like that in a box instead of a plastic or paper mailer, which is an issue I've had multiple times with online ordering.

Ended up with a $30 promotional code for my trouble and they're shipping it out again, so we'll see if they listed to me or not.  Last time I ran into this issue, they did it three times in a row before shipping it in a box, ended up with about $50 worth of GCs and had the price knocked down by $10 for my trouble.    Ended up making money on the deal.

Sometimes, in-store ordering isn't so bad.

A slight update on my Metalpak situation, got a call from the Fenton BB Sunday at noon and apparently they had someone calling every single preorder to tell them to come back and get their case. I assume that means no one who picked up all day Friday or Saturday morning (I came in around 1 pm) had bothered to ask about it.

The Atari Flashback 4 Deluxe (the one that comes with the paddle controllers) is $25 at the St Charles Sams Club. It was listed as a one-time-buy, so the price is probably universal. The wireless controllers are hit and miss, but if you still have an old controller, it works great in the Flashback.

St Louis finally has some active PS4 Kiosks. The Best Buy on Lindberg in South County, the Brentwood Best Buy and the Game Stop in Florissant on New Halls Ferry Road have them. I got a chance to play one, the demo software was kinda slow/buggy and the game selection was weak sauce, but I still got a little time in with it. http://experienceplaystation.com/

South St. Louis County Target 9:20 AM (all pertaining to PS4)

I bought AC 4, BF 4, & Madden.

After me, they had 2 copies left of AC 4 & Killzone, about 5-7 copies each of Madden, BF 4, & FIFA, & a bunch of Ghosts left. Sold out of NBA & Knack; no sign of NBA Live 14 or NFS: Rivals.

I'm probably camping outside of the Bridgeton Best Buy no later than 7pm so no you aren't the only crazy one.

I have one preordered from the GameStop in the loop. I'm off tomorrow from work. Just not sure whether I'm up for picking it up at midnight, or not being shocked if they sold my preorder console if I wait til tomorrow. I have tickets to the Blues game tonight so I don't want to have to sit at GameStop from 9-12 waiting to pick it up.

bread's done
Back