St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

[quote name='shrike4242']In other news, I was out at the Fenton Target and they moved the clearance from where it used to be at an endcap (replaced with an endcap full of Skullcandy headphones) to towards the front of an aisle.

They had a large stack, 12+ games by my guess, of SFIV for the 360, stickered at $27.98. There were some other items:

A couple copies of Wheelman for the 360 at $9.98
Terminator Salvation for the 360 at $34.98
Wanted for the 360 at $24.98
Patapon 2 at $13.98

Some random other PSP, PS3 and 360 games as well, though I didn't have time to take a look for more details. It's a bit of a mess, so it might be worth going out there and trying to get a handle on more of it.[/QUOTE]

Shrike,
Was it to the left of where the cameras/registers are, or did they move it again in the last week?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Shrike,
Was it to the left of where the cameras/registers are, or did they move it again in the last week?[/QUOTE]It's in a small 4' section about where you're thinking off. It's on the opposite end of the endcap from where it used to be, though one aisle closer to the registers.

There's a big "CLEARANCE" sign on one of the shelves, and you'll see it when you walk into the electronics section.

Something to pass along, since I know there's a few people that follow this thread:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just picked up a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, it was marked $39.96 but rang up $19.96. This was at the Kirkwood Rd. Wal-Mart for you St. Louis CAGs; there looked to be 4 or 5 copies still left as of 1:30 pm.

Now I just need a PS3...[/QUOTE]

The Ellisville Best Buy had at least 2 copies of Saints Row 2 CE for the 360 listed at $19.99. Might've been 3, though for certain 2.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's in a small 4' section about where you're thinking off. It's on the opposite end of the endcap from where it used to be, though one aisle closer to the registers.

There's a big "CLEARANCE" sign on one of the shelves, and you'll see it when you walk into the electronics section.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the spot they've been for about a month or two now.

Just once, I'd like STL stores to break street date like apparently the rest of the country does. I wanted my Scribblenauts yesterday! :(

i got Smash hits for guitar hero a week early and some Batman games were sold early but that is about it

[quote name='cytorak']Just once, I'd like STL stores to break street date like apparently the rest of the country does. I wanted my Scribblenauts yesterday! :([/QUOTE]

Too bad we really don't have any mom and pop stores here like other places do. I don't think I've ever gotten a game early.

Something to keep an eye on. Street Fighter 4 at the Targets in Florissant and Bridgeton are in the Clearance section at 27.XX, there was about 3 each at each store.

Also for PS3 owners there is 1 copy of Dead Space at Bridgeton for 7.48. One of my favorite and most underrated games of last year, few copies of Rainbow 6 Vegas for PS3 also at Bridgeton for 7.48

I got one deal, I have a friend with a Wii who never had any rock band/guitar hero things, and I found a Guitar Hero world tour guitar bundle at Bridgeton for 44.98, got curious and price checked it at the scanner and it rang up 22.18.

Might be worth a shot to PC these Clearance games. Might possibly have the wrong sticker price on them.

Florissant Target had a PS3 World tour Guitar set on clearance and a Dual Guitar set, might have the wrong prices? I did not check because I went there first. Just a thought I am sure they don't change prices on Clearance stuff first

I saw 1 copy of it it might have been 17.48? i cant remember, I glanced really quick at it.. most clearance games were 27 though

Arnold Target -
PS3 Guitar hero world tour dual guitar bundle 22.48 x3
single guitar bundle 22.48 x5
Need for Speed Pro Street GH 4.98 x2
X-blades 14.98 x3
Terminator Salvation 34.98
Disney's Up 34.98 plus a few other things. Didn' pay attention to PC stuff
AS of 2pm today

Fenton Target -
360 Wanted 12.48 x2 bought 1
PS3 Resistance 7.48 x2 Already had it
PS3 50 Cent - BotS none left bought 1
Ps3 Riddick 9.98 none left bought 1
360 GHWT Bundles with Two guitars 62.98
PS3 X-blades 14.98

Stock as of 2:40 PM today Good Luck!!!!

i bought a copy of FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage for 9.99 @ the Brentwood Best Buy. They had alot of random crap......i almost feel sad for all of those $5 copies of Rock Revolution..........

ALMOST.

2 copies of Wanted for the 360 for 12.48 at the Target on 94 and Mid rivers. Also a Prince of Persia for 14.98. lots of SF4 for 27.XX at all targets... Im waiting for a drop there because It doesnt interest me hardly at all

[quote name='Kezmer']2 copies of Wanted for the 360 for 12.48 at the Target on 94 and Mid rivers. Also a Prince of Persia for 14.98. lots of SF4 for 27.XX at all targets... Im waiting for a drop there because It doesnt interest me hardly at all[/QUOTE]

Of course all the stores that have dropped Wanted that low are far from me. Oh well, I'll just grab it when it eventually becomes $10 used at Gamestop.

I would have grabbed one but I am just too back logged I guess. I still have fear 2 and riddick sitting un opened and I want to finish 50 cent also.. just cant stop the usual guitar hero/rock band to play anything else.

FYI the Fenton Game Crazy/HWV is now closed as of Friday. From what I was told by the Gamestop manager, the management at HWV/GC were told at 7 p.m. Thursday that the location would be permanently closed after they locked the doors that night and that everyone on staff was to report to work Friday for their final day and to get all the merchandise ready to ship to other stores.

I wonder what happened for all the people who had games/movies pre-ordered there?

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the Fenton Game Crazy/HWV is now closed as of Friday. From what I was told by the Gamestop manager, the management at HWV/GC were told at 7 p.m. Thursday that the location would be permanently closed after they locked the doors that night and that everyone on staff was to report to work Friday for their final day and to get all the merchandise ready to ship to other stores.

I wonder what happened for all the people who had games/movies pre-ordered there?[/QUOTE]Well, that completely sucks, since that was the only GC that was reasonably close to me.

My guess is that they'll transfer any pre-orders to the nearest store, though as I look at it (from my list of stores on my PDA), the only "close" stores would be South Grand or U City, and that's not really that close from Fenton at all.

actually do you remember are they a bundle with the GH 3 Les Pauls? or are the GHWT guitars? I have 2 Les Pauls but my Fiance' prefers the WT guitars and thats the one that broke lol

thanks for the info, I thought they were Les Pauls, I had seen that bundle at a target for PS3 before. Only place I have seen it except for maybe old Circuit City during the close out for the Aerosmith game.

someone must have beaten me to the guitar heros... i wanted the guitars and got to the bluffs at 9am this morning and couldnt find them anywhere. oh well I hope someone got them that neede them. I just wanted extra guitars really because I break them in drunken stupors lol

I was at Sam's in Maplewood yesterday and saw a copy of Lego Batman for 360 for $18 and some change. If I didn't already have it for PS2 I would've picked it up.

Florissant target had nothing special today, dont waste your time going there this week unless you see a good drop in price on street fighter 4

I would wait to get SF IV if you haven't already until Super Street Fighter IV comes out next Spring.

Got Lips w/mics for $12.48 at the Manchester Target. It was just sitting on the shelf with all of the GH/RB stuff next to the 360 game case with no tag on it or on the shelf. It was the only copy.

Are any of the other local GC's closing? Scorch says about 1/3 of all GC's nationwide are going to close by the end of October.

I think these are the only remaining Gamecrazy stores in St. Louis according to their store locator.

GAME CRAZY - 6662 DELMAR, ST LOUIS, MO 63130 THe Loop
GAME CRAZY - 3106 SOUTH GRAND, ST LOUIS, MO 63118
GAME CRAZY - 10887 W FLORISSANT, FERGUSON, MO 63136

I've gotten a few decent deals at the Fenton location and I will miss them.

I can verify that the only GC's closing in the entire DISTRICT that includes St. Louis is the store in Cape and on in Rogers, Arkansas.
So outside of Fenton, none of the St. Louis stores are closing. This info came from one of my former co-worker's at the W. Florissant location.

There's never anything good on sale/ clearance at the Target by my house (Florissant). Craptastic. HOWEVER- if you're a Sam's member or know someone who is, i got a wireless 360 controller/ headset bundle for $30 at the one in St. Charles. I go through a lot of headsets....

yeah I work at the Post office across the street from that Target. It has NEVER had a good deal that I have found. I hit it up once a week though like a good soldier but it is better worth the gas to hit the Rock Rd one, they have some decent deals on clearance

I've seen threads from other places in the country about Goodwill having decent selection formn time to time on PS3 and 360 games, and people say they have NES games in droves. WTF? Has anybody seen that at any stores around here? Cuz I haven't.

FYI I think Slackers sucks for anything besides DS games. But if you wanted used prices, there a place called Game Traderin St. Charles on the outer road between 94 & Zumbehl.

I haven't seen any good new games on clearance anywhere for a while.

Wallmart near Watson Rd. (Crestwood?) had Fire Emblem: shadow Dragon for DS for $10, it isn't marked as such but I asked someone to scan it and it showed for $10 in the system, so I picked up one. Should be 2 or so left.

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah I work at the Post office across the street from that Target. It has NEVER had a good deal that I have found. I hit it up once a week though like a good soldier but it is better worth the gas to hit the Rock Rd one, they have some decent deals on clearance[/QUOTE]
dude, I used to use that post office all the time for my Goozex/CAG trades. You don't work the front counter, do you?

Only thing I ever found at that Target that was worthwhile was Scene It? Bundles on clearance for $14.98, back when they went for 1000 on Goozex. Got my bundle there and a Goozex bundle at an IL target.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does the Brentwood Target even have a game clearance section anymore?[/QUOTE]

When I was there about a month or so ago, there was a little clearance section facing the back wall in electronics.

[quote name='quatrevav35']Wallmart near Watson Rd. (Crestwood?) had Fire Emblem: shadow Dragon for DS for $10, it isn't marked as such but I asked someone to scan it and it showed for $10 in the system, so I picked up one. Should be 2 or so left.[/QUOTE]I'll run by there on the way to work tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

The Kirkwood store on S. Lindbergh didn't have any copies, though they did check and said the Fenton store out at Gravois Bluffs did have three copies.

I swung by there on my way to work and they were correct in that they had three copies. There are two copies left, and they are shelf-tagged at $10, plus scanned at $10. They're in an open area next to the locked glass case, and they're in security cases, so you'll need to pay for them in the Electronics area.

Well, yesterday was my first Saturday off in 5 weeks, so I spent it garge sale-ing (yeah that's a word). Buying/ collecting NES & SNES games is a hobby of mine. Not one person had any. I asked and they looked at me like I was retarded!! I guess everyone is getting wise and putting thier NES games up on the internet?? I thought for sure some old lady cleaning out her basement would have a box of those, and not really know what they are....

Does anyone else go to garage sales for old video games? Have you been more successful than me?

I have not been to a garage/yard sale in a long time. Now all the crap that you would sell at a yard/garage sale that might be worth a good amount people put on eBay to sell. Then all the stuff that wont sell or would cost to much to sell is put in the garage/yard sale. Atleast that is what it sounds like people are doing from the few that I know that go to yard/garage sales.

Anyone try to PM TRU's ad at BB yet? Might be nice to keep a list of those that would.

I'll bet money Fenton won't do it given my previous encounters with them. It might be worth trying the locations in South County and Crestwood since they are across the street/down the street from the two South County-area TRU locations.

Maybe also try the Chesterfield and Fairview Heights/Belleville BB's as they are the only other ones near a TRU in STL?

Bridgeton or Brentwood might be worth a shot to anyone interested since they are both about 10 miles away from the TRU on West Florissant. I don't feel like hassling with anyone so I'm just going to TRU. :D

Chesterfield BB is close to a TRU, with the TRU being on Clarkson/Olive & 40 and the BB being in Chesterfield Valley.

Bridgeton BB is semi-close to a TRU, with the TRU being at West Florissant and the BB being on St. Charles Rock Road.

Mid Rivers BB is close to a TRU, with the TRU and BB both being out by Mid Rivers Mall.

South County BB on S. Lindbergh is close to two TRU's, one on S. Lindbergh and one on Watson in Crestwood.

Fenton BB at Gravois Bluffs and Watson BB in Crestwood are close to the same TRU's as the South County BB.

Fairview Heights BB is close to the TRU in Fairview Heights TRU.

Rest of the BB's are a bit of a drive from a TRU.

And that was all pulled from memory, sadly enough. :D Well, I do have the address/phone # for all the BB's and TRU's in the area on my PDA. ;)

Just got back from Bridgeton Target and saw of note...

:360: Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires $9.98 1 copy
:360: Terminator Salvation $12.48 2 or 3 copies
:psp: God of War Chains of Olympus $13.98 2 or 3 copies
:pc: Tomb Raider Underworld $4.98 3 or 4 copies
:pc: Saints Row 2 $7.xx 1 copy

bread's done
Back