Stand by for Titanfall!

Your titan still stays alive with the AI controlling it, once you respond it'll try to get to you if Follow is engaged otherwise it'll just fight some more until you find it.

Instead of trying to find your Titan, have it come find you via down on the d-pad.
Cool. Appreciate it. It would be nice if you could jack titans and kill the owner with it, like that challenge in COD where you pick up an enemy's gun and kill him with it.

I hope they improve the grunts before game release, I've had enemy grunts directly shoot me with no effects whatsoever and I've been upstairs in a room shooting out a window and my own grunts walk right up on me and scare the shit outta me I turn around shooting thinking they're the enemy. lol

Well I Iove this game. Some people are saying it's not worth the full $60, but it is to me.. easily. One of the most fun FPS games out there.

Where I get frustrated with not being good enough at Halo, and I don't like the weapons and stuff anyway, and COD is just so tired to me. This game is just a blast to play. The titans give it a little something different to experience for a little while each match, and the AI guys not being great make you feel like you are still accomplishing something even if you aren't having a great match. Unlike COD when you run into a bunch of guys who do nothing but play it together and you wonder why you are even bothering to play.

The epilogue makes me really not even care if I win or lose. It's all just a fun time. One of the most enjoyable online experiences I have had in a long time. Probably since the online tournaments that were in Hot Shots Golf on PS3.

I can't wait for more maps and to spend time just having fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
im confused why this is not worth 60 bucks. Lets look at fps games the single player for most is what 5-6 hours? What do most people do once that is done ..... Play mp of the game. So why not have them spend most time possible on the thing you play after a day or two after launch then waste time on a washed down five hour single player.

im confused why this is not worth 60 bucks. Lets look at fps games the single player for most is what 5-6 hours? What do most people do once that is done ..... Play mp of the game. So why not have them spend most time possible on the thing you play after a day or two after launch then waste time on a washed down five hour single player.
Value is different to different people.

oh well it's still not what that dude was saying playing beta till game ships which is not possible.

Will be honest i think i got my fill of this game till it launches. played in alpha now beta and will be honest ready for the full game with more maps.

oh and that auto aim pistal needs to be nerfed  before launch of game way to easy seems like everyone runs around with it now and only gun they use.

oh well it's still not what that dude was saying playing beta till game ships which is not possible.

Will be honest i think i got my fill of this game till it launches. played in alpha now beta and will be honest ready for the full game with more maps.

oh and that auto aim pistal needs to be nerfed before launch of game way to easy seems like everyone runs around with it now and only gun they use.
the auto pistol is only really good for taking out drones. Its not really good against other players.

Level 13 now and finally got to the damn dropship lol
level 14 is max on the beta. After that it's all about unlocking mods by doing the challenges.

I tend to score high by highjacking other mechs and doing "brain surgery". half the people don't even know you can equip your mech with smoke and shock that can kill a hijacker.

Beta on Xbox One has been open since yesterday so it's not really us "Lucky few" PC beta is open to anyone who previously signed up on Origin for it.
well the website for titanfall beta says all codes are now gone....so yea it is lucky select people. Im just glad the PC version of the beta started on the 14th.

one thing I hate is capturing the nodes. its to hard to defend and then too easy to capture too...there is literally no strategy.

Huge fan of the game, hit level 14 in no time. I've had way more fun playing the Titanfall beta than I did playing either Ghosts of BF4.

I enjoyed playing both story modes on those games, but it's not like you're missing much if you didn't play them. A 5-6 hour SP story mode would add value to the game, but the MP is an absolute blast. Getting 15 maps seems like enough out of the box to make up for the lack of a story mode if you ask me. 

I'm GCU though, so $48 + $10 reward cert makes this a no brainer to pick up on day one.

... and the AI guys not being great make you feel like you are still accomplishing something even if you aren't having a great match. Unlike COD when you run into a bunch of guys who do nothing but play it together and you wonder why you are even bothering to play.

This is a huge reason why I think there is so much hype and positive reviews, and why it will sell well -- the game is dumbed down so almost everyone can feel beastly. One of the reasons I hated when people brought up CoD stats is that the KDR doesn't distinguish between your personal kills (with your guns) and the AI freebie kills (kills from the AI controlled choppers, etc.). Those free kills overinflate your stats and give you a false sense of being better than you actually are. At the end of the game, you're all excited you got 99 kills and 20 deaths, when in actuality half of those kills were from the AI controlled harriers and choppers.

Not trying to hate. I'm sure people are enjoying the smooth CoD-like controls, the parkouring, and the mechs themselves. I thnk it was extremely smart of Respawn to dumb down the game and make it extremely accessible to as many people as possible, given this is their studio's first debut title. It will sell well and at the end of the day, that's what will pay their bills.

the auto pistol is only really good for taking out drones. Its not really good against other players.
Have you played the beta?

Most people seem to be using the pistol exclusively, at least on X1. Yes, it is true that you have to get up close for it to be effective but you would be surprised how many people still play the game like COD. Thus, getting close is not a problem. I'm sure once gamers adjust their playstyle the weapon will become less effective, but right now it reminds me of the Halo 1 pistol. Oh how I miss that gun.

I can see changes being made to the pistol if they see a larger number of kills from it compared to other guns. At first it didn't seem to be used much on the PC but now for me at least it seems like a good 60% of my deaths are from it. I have noticed that I tend to rank higher when I have used it.

So I went under the dropship in my Titan and ejected and was shot straight into dropship. I'll have to move it from my clips to sky drive.

are most of you guys getting it on xbox one? instead of xbox 360?
360 for me. Just bought a PS4 a few weeks ago, and the other XB1 exclusives just don't interest me enough to make that investment. Maybe by 2015, after a solid price cut, but not now.

This is a huge reason why I think there is so much hype and positive reviews, and why it will sell well -- the game is dumbed down so almost everyone can feel beastly.
Totally agree with this. People are complaining about the dumb AI, but I think it's intentional. Respawn wants the filthy casuals to feel good about themselves, so they put in AI and made them super easy to kill. I'm sure a lot of people are turned off by CoD because it's too daunting for them, and they see that .5 KDR on their stat page. Titanfall's AI will make people think they're good at the game, even if they're getting destroyed by other pilots.

level 14 is max on the beta. After that it's all about unlocking mods by doing the challenges.

I tend to score high by highjacking other mechs and doing "brain surgery". half the people don't even know you can equip your mech with smoke and shock that can kill a hijacker.
How do I jump on an oppents mech?

[quote name="doubledown" post="11536967" timestamp="1392743858"]How do I jump on an oppents mech?[/quote]

Do a double jump and be right near it. You'll grab on if you are close enough.

Good job picking off a lot of ai fodder!
Your continuation of dickheaded commentary never ceases to amaze me.

The Auto Pistol is a legit ass gun and can take out any enemy. With AI assistance or not. Its called getting a headshot. Try it some time.

So I went under the dropship in my Titan and ejected and was shot straight into dropship. I'll have to move it from my clips to sky drive.
You mean like this?

http://youtu.be/S_P02Dhi18U

It cuts off, I'm pretty sure his dropship got blown up lol.

Yeah well if the rumors are correct it should be interesting to see how many people will use the smart pistol when there are 32 other weapons to choose from in the full game.

Yeah well if the rumors are correct it should be interesting to see how many people will use the smart pistol when there are 32 other weapons to choose from in the full game.
I'd bet the smart pistol gets nerfed before release, assuming the beta data shows that it really is overpowered.

You mean like this?

It cuts off, I'm pretty sure his dropship got blown up lol.

I'm pretty sure some or half of those 32 weapons are Burn Card only.
I'd bet the smart pistol gets nerfed before release, assuming the beta data shows that it really is overpowered.
I hope it does. That and a distance nerf for both the shotgun and Carbine. It almost makes the sniper useless.

I'm pretty sure some or half of those 32 weapons are Burn Card only.
I hope it does. That and a distance nerf for both the shotgun and Carbine. It almost makes the sniper useless.
Sniper only seems useful with the AOG attached, for me anyway. Haven't unlocked the 2.4x, so can't compared to the 6.0x.

Carbine is the most versatile - solid killer at close, medium and (ridiculously) long range. Does make the sniper useless.

Wonder how big the other maps are, might make the sniper useful. I may take it out for a whirl tonight, but my previous trips with it have not ended well.

So, I just realized you can change loadouts whenever you want...I was sniping on a rooftop and changed my loadout for the next time I spawn, but it just changed it right there. Is this a known thing?

So, I just realized you can change loadouts whenever you want...I was sniping on a rooftop and changed my loadout for the next time I spawn, but it just changed it right there. Is this a known thing?
Usually only allows a loadout change between spawns or JUST after you spawn - there's some kind of timer. Sounds glitchy for it to have changed right on the spot.

So I was finally able to take down a Titan as a pilot for the first time.  It feels good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emT2X-BX3mM

Sniper only seems useful with the AOG attached, for me anyway. Haven't unlocked the 2.4x, so can't compared to the 6.0x.

Carbine is the most versatile - solid killer at close, medium and (ridiculously) long range. Does make the sniper useless.

Wonder how big the other maps are, might make the sniper useful. I may take it out for a whirl tonight, but my previous trips with it have not ended well.
I agree with that the Carbine can shoot crazy long distances. Also that smart pistol is too powerful.

I wasn't aware of this. It sounds like a bug.

I'm not usually a pre-order guy but does anyone know of any decent pre-order bonuses other than a poster?
Gamestop offers a Poster with the game.

Walmart offers a collectible patch as seen here and $5 Vudu credit. And Bestbuy Offers Gamers club members $10 Reward Zone Certificate.

1113046128349_AV_180X180.jpg

I'm not usually a pre-order guy but does anyone know of any decent pre-order bonuses other than a poster?
There's a NeoGAF thread on this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762107

Gamestop: "The Divide" Collectible poster
Best Buy: $10 gift certificate
Amazon: Titanfall Prima Game Guide
Walmart: "First to fall" Tactical patch
Microsoft Store: $10 Xbox gift card

There was briefly a K-Mart deal as well for SYWR customers, but it was probably a mistake. I got in on that one. $55 (+tax) + $35 back in K-Mart rewards. Remains to be seen whether the rewards will end up being actually put in our accounts or not, though.

Any hands on with the Titanfall controller? Is it worth it for $5 more?

What stores have it already?
I have it and am using it here. It's the same as the normal controller.. looks pretty svelte to my eyes.

Only store I know that has it available is Best Buy. Recommend you buy it online for in-store pickup, as it might not be on the floor yet.. and they'll just tell you to buy it online and come back to pick it up anyway (which is what they did at mine).

Never said it was "underhanded" or "evil." It's wasteful.

Regarding my "flawed logic," would the folks at Naughty Dog be working somewhere else if Naughty Dog didn't exist? Sure, they're a talented group of developers. But if you take away development groups, that has a trickle down effect. They take the jobs of lesser-qualified developers, and those people take the jobs of even lesser-qualified developers. Ultimately, the lack of money poured into game development does have an effect on the industry. You would see less games produced, and those that would be produced would likely be of lesser quality. That's why wasting money to secure a 3rd party exclusive hurts the industry. It's good money wasted.
Good point.... it all boils down to competition. You need need as many studios making games as possible; For jobs, so that talented people aren't taking lesser jobs just to make the next round of COD and Madden; and also for competition. If everyone's throwing money at 3rd parties for one or two IPs, then that's money they aren't using to make new IPs.

COD Ghosts released with 15 Multiplayer maps (1 of which was for the Extinction mode), AND it had a single player mode. The rumors is that Titanfall (if this has been confirmed or denied please correct me) will also have 15 maps. But no Single player. I understand that the value of the game could come from the MP portion of the game. But with COD.. they gave you SP, and MP. Looking at from a number of maps perspective I could easily see how some would feel 60 is too much. Especially in comparison to other games in the same genre. 30 dollars for the game, and 60 dollars for the game with all DLC would be a reasonable package, and 120 best package, game plus controller (titanfall controller).

Guess the beta is over... totally forgot I wanted to give it one more go, try out an an instant-Titan burn card I got. Oh well! 'til next month. =)

bread's done
Back