Stand by for Titanfall!

There is little sense in getting it for Battlefield 4, CoD, NFS: Rivals, etc., if those games are also on the 360. The differences aren't system-buying worthy.. not really.
They aren't system sellers but the biggest draw and strength of each next-gen system at launch WERE the 3rd party titles -- they're the best looking version anyways.

They aren't system sellers but the biggest draw and strength of each next-gen system at launch WERE the 3rd party titles -- they're the best looking version anyways.
No question at all. Which is also why I wasn't there on day one.

On PS4 - Knack? REALLY?? The initial reveal was a yawner. Killzone is pretty, but I have never liked the gunplay.

On XB1 - Umm...Zoo Tycoon and Ryse, right? Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, though - those are good games in their own rights. Not going to buy a system for either one, though someone might.

(And if I'm missing any, and I probably am, it's only because they didn't 'matter' - to me.)

Now we're finally getting some meat with Titanfall in a few weeks. And PS4 will see Infamous: Second Son, which looks like glorious fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the lack of amazing games at start for these systems was that these things were rushed to market which did not give much time to make tons of next gen only games. This spring and this fall should be great for next gen systems.

i think the lack of amazing games at start for these systems was that these things were rushed to market which did not give much time to make tons of next gen only games. This spring and this fall should be great for next gen systems.
Have you never been through a console launch before? lol Its like this literately every generation.

i can't remember the last system launch that had so many games that were not just next gen games which shows these systems were rushed to market which we knew for awhile now.
Or they just knew most people won't/can't commit $400-$500 on a console yet. So they only released a few next gen only titles to entice people and reel them in within the coming months with Titanfall and other titles that'll look 5x better on next gen.

Systems always launch with little in the way of games. For 3rd parties is better for them to release games on the older systems still since the install base is much bigger.

360 and PS3 both launched with a lot of games that were just ports of PS2/Xbox Games.

Gun, Madden 06, NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Need for Speed Most Wanted, NHL 2k6, Tiger Woods 06, Tony Hawks' American Wasteland were all ports.

Kameo, Amped 3, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Ridge Racer 4 PGR 3 and Quake 4 were 360/pc only.

Where are you getting 13 were just on 360 and/or PC?

Now, I guess your main point is that there were more 360/PS3 only games back then which is true but releases were still slow and few and far between.

Back then, companies were willing to take risk, now, EA, Ubisoft and Activision arent about risk at all.

I think now Sony/Microsoft rely more on indies to fill in the gaps so if you include Live, PSN titles, it will be more even.

Out of those 13 games, only 4-5 were decent games, let alone maybe 1 of which was a console buying game.

The X1 has 22 titles, 7 are fun, 4 are X1 exclusive, and 2 of which are console buying worthy (IMO).

Gun, Madden 06, NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Need for Speed Most Wanted, NHL 2k6, Tiger Woods 06, Tony Hawks' American Wasteland were all ports.

Kameo, Amped 3, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Ridge Racer 4 PGR 3 and Quake 4 were 360/pc only.

Where are you getting 13 were just on 360 and/or PC?
i by mistake included japan only games.

Out of those 13 games, only 4-5 were decent games, let alone maybe 1 of which was a console buying game.

The X1 has 22 titles, 7 are fun, 4 are X1 exclusive, and 2 of which are console buying worthy (IMO).
we are talking about gen only games x1/ps4 don't even come close to 360/pc only lineup at launch and ps3 had couple good next gen only games.

Maybe it's just me but every year it does seem to get worse with the launch games.  Last time I don't really remember any at launch that I really wanted.  I know I wanted the PS3 just because I could play games for all 3 PlayStation's on one system.  The same could be said for the 360 as to why I wanted it at launch.  I think both did have games that I wanted but after I played them I didn't care.  I would like to pick up a PS4 and an Xbox One however nothing interests me about them yet.  If I could play the older systems games on them I probably would be picking them up some time soon, but I would rather take the money I would use to buy both and just buy a top of the line graphics card for my PC when they come back in stock.

One of the machines that I played the beta on has a GeForce GTS 450 in it and it ate the game alive as long as you didn't bump the textures up to 'Insane'. That card came out in September of 2010 and it was on par with if not better than the Xbox One version.

I just don't see how Titanfall can be that much of an Xbox One system seller when 3-4 year old GPUs can play the game at a higher resolution with similar-to-superior graphics depending on the rest of the rig.

That isn't meant as some system wars dig but rather meant to highlight just how cross-gen Titanfall really is and, more than likely, highlight why the 360 version was magically delayed. It'll be interesting to see both the image quality and the resolution on-display in the 360 version.

One of the machines that I played the beta on has a GeForce GTS 450 in it and it ate the game alive as long as you didn't bump the textures up to 'Insane'. That card came out in September of 2010 and it was on par with if not better than the Xbox One version.

I just don't see how Titanfall can be that much of an Xbox One system seller when 3-4 year old GPUs can play the game at a higher resolution with similar-to-superior graphics depending on the rest of the rig.

That isn't meant as some system wars dig but rather meant to highlight just how cross-gen Titanfall really is and, more than likely, highlight why the 360 version was magically delayed. It'll be interesting to see both the image quality and the resolution on-display in the 360 version.
who buys a system for one game? titanfall might not sell millions of systems but it might be the game that people that are on the edge to jump into next gen might make them take the jump.

XBox One with digital download of Titanfall

$499

BOOM
Pic

Blog_image.JPG

I hate to say it, I mean that's nice and all, but I was hoping for a Titanfall themed Xbox One, with a themed controller with a game case. As of now I have no idea why or how Microsoft determines which games get their own limited edition systems -- other than Halo obviously.

I mean remember this?

FFXIII_Bundle.jpg

who buys a system for one game? titanfall might not sell millions of systems but it might be the game that people that are on the edge to jump into next gen might make them take the jump.
Microsoft is the one going around spending money on the game and having their PR people say dumb shit like "Have you seen Titanfall?" in response to questions about how powerful the Xbox One is. Microsoft is absolutely positioning Titanfall as a system seller and there's even a bundle to further hammer that point home.

What I'm wondering is how such an obviously cross-gen game like Titanfall manages to tip the scales in favor of someone spending $500 on an Xbox One when a 3-4 year old PC or a 360 will play the game at a similar level of graphical fidelity. (and in the case of that PC at a higher resolution than the Xbox One version)

It's just weird that there are two other $60 options which will look close enough (360) if not better (even an aging PC) in the face of the $500 option which Microsoft is hoping sells Xbox Ones.

I am leaning more and more towards it. My biggest hesitation comes from my ass still being sore from the 3DS I bought on launch day with no games, and still hadn't opened it or bought a game by the price drop. By the time I got 3DS games the XL was announced so I decided to wait for that, but then I saw all the JP XL Special editions and decided to wait for a Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy SE XL. Finally got a Zelda 3DS XL on Black Friday, but still have that original Cosmo Black 3DS I paid $250 sitting on the shelf sealed reminding me what a mistake that was.

The fact that I only played the Playstation 4 for 10 or so hours so far (Played Knack and half of Need For Speed: Rivals) only makes me hesitate more. It is just hard to dedicate time to playing every game I have minor interest in between working and gutting and redoing my entire 1300 sq/ft house by myself.

The idea of selling off a bunch of my backlog has been on my mind. Last year I cleared out 120 games that were "Meh, I'd play it if I was stranded on a desert island with a TV and systems and just this game" most of which I at $0.97 on Clearance at Sears over the years. So far I haven't regretted a single one and honestly most of them I don't even remember. I pulled out about 30 this morning that I either already have on other systems (Why do I need Fatal Frame 1 & 2 on Xbox and PS2? Bye Xbox versions!) or will never get around to playing like a lot of RPGs that I am not crazy about but I just bought because I will but any RPG for cheap.

I honestly think I would enjoy playing games more if I had a backlog of 10-20 rather than 100+. Best case scenario would be 0 but this is CAG and that will never happen.

Anyways, I got two solid endorsements from you guys (Not counting you HydroX as I was not huge in to CoD due to dying 0.5 seconds after I spawned 90% of the time). But hearing that TimboSlice reiterating that bots help it feel less like a MP game, and especially that a fellow Tribes fan finds any connection between the two is encouraging me.

I emailed a Craigslist seller that is selling the Day One Edition brand new for $475 (bought to flip but it didn't go as high as he thought) to see if he still has it and to make sure it includes the receipt, otherwise I may jump on the Wal Mart deal and get Battlefield 4 for free as I think I still have a few Wal Mart e-gift cards from the last time I ordered there when God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII came out and they came with e-gift cards and 30% Bing Cash Back so that shows how valuable those are to me that they are still unspent 4 years later.

Also, does anyone know why there are so many Xbox One console only on Craigslist and eBay?
I'd rather pay the extra $25 + tax to get it from retail. At least you know if you have issues you can return it and get a different one, whereas the craigslist seller could fuck you over and well... yeah. you'd be screwed.

who buys a system for one game?
Plenty of folks. Bought Xbox for Halo. 360 for ToS: Oblivion. PS1 for Battle Arena Toshinden. PS2 for Digital Devil Saga. PS3 for Demon's Souls. Wii for Xenoblade Chronicles. DS for Phoenix Wright. Eventually I'll cave and get the 2DS or 3DS for Fire Emblem.

Heck, I picked up a Sega Saturn to only play Panzer Dragoon Saga. And built a PC for Morrowind.

Sure, some of those systems may eventually be home for another game, but I have certainly bought-in for one game and one game only.

Well at least offering the Xbox One with Titanfall for $500 should move some consoles. It's too bad they didn't include the Titanfall controller but this bundle puts it a lot closer in price to the PS4.

Yup, I too picked up the Xbox because of Halo, before that Super Mario 64 for N64, and before that was SNES with Super Mario World. I don't remember the 360, it did come bundled with Dead Rising and I found that upgrading my PC over the years was really too expensive for my taste so I decided hmm the amount of a graphics card or an Xbox 360 Pro. My opinion, still play some games on PC. If I had the money I'd be down for this Titanfall bundle. It is kind of a slap in the face to call it "Limited Edition" in my opinion.

Looks like it's back up to $499.99.  Still, that's a flipping great deal.  Kinda.....sorta.......just barely makes me wish I would have waited. 

Naaaaaa!  Day One and proud of it!

Looks like it's back up to $499.99. Still, that's a flipping great deal. Kinda.....sorta.......just barely makes me wish I would have waited.

Naaaaaa! Day One and proud of it!
Nope, it is still active.

Like I said, it's YMMV - it must be based on MS Store past purchases, new accounts or something.

[attachment=3250:titanfalllimited.jpg]

Ah, nice find TwistedShade.  Now to see if I can convince a few of my buddies to jump on this so we can all play Titanfall on the X1!

I think my card is about 5 years old and ran it fine. I did have some issues with screen tearing. With the 5750 I think most my settings were on medium to low. They game didn't look great, but it looked just as good as a game on the 360. At first I was worried and thought I would need a new card. Now I see that I will be fine and I can hold off to see what is at the end of next month.

bread's done
Back