Stand by for Titanfall!

I guess M$ didn't listen to their own Marketing or else this could have been avoided

Prepare for Titanfall (and stop shaqfuing around)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fast leveling the game offers, currently rank 22 and I feel it flows better than say Call of Duty. COD felt like a really slow grind and in many cases I never finished leveling, I like this pace better since people can unlock everything and then if they want to experience the sense of progression again they can just Prestige.

Im probably the only person who doesn't care about Twitch, I just don't get the appeal of watching people play, broadcast myself doing so.

As for XBL being down, in sure it'll be back up soon, after all its new tech, and no matter how much you stress test, going live is always different.

Microsoft is a joke of a company. Piece of shit this console is. Froze all day yesterday because Twitch is fucking broke. Now I can't log in to play a fucking game online.

I am calling now and arguing until I get a year membership for free. This is utterly disgraceful. I'm considering selling the console for a PS4 if they don't give me the live for free for a year.
you sir should never be a early adapter lol you are pretty much a betta testers buying a system early

I started my download at 3:45 AM EST. It was done by 4:30AM. I was able to play a bit before heading to the gym and then work. Sorry to hear you guys are having a hard time downloading it.
Really? I started my download right around 12:01am PST and it didnt finish until around 3:00-3:30am PST

Do we have a list of people who have titanfall? 

Also got all the way to the last mission winning every single mission and then a team of 8 lvl 48 people join against us and we lose :(

Only 1 person preordered the special edition TF, saw the box at Best Buy..that thing was sick huge.
I was the only one that preordered it at my best buy too. I was nervous when i got to the pickup counter because I didnt see the huge box anywhere. They had to bring that beast out from the warehouse lol. Then a couple of the employees came up to check it out lol. Good stuff.

Really? I started my download right around 12:01am PST and it didnt finish until around 3:00-3:30am PST
Literally got out of bed at 3:45 started the download. Went back to bed. Woke up when the alarm went off at 4:30. Download was done. Had a cup of Joe. Played a bit of Titanfall basically finished the training mission then left for the gym/work.

I was the only one that preordered it at my best buy too. I was nervous when i got to the pickup counter because I didnt see the huge box anywhere. They had to bring that beast out from the warehouse lol. Then a couple of the employees came up to check it out lol. Good stuff.
Is it bigger than the Skyrim Collector's Edition?

Kind of pissed I just spent $500 on a console that I can't jump in and use. Not the end of the world as technically I need to get a new glass shelf cut for my entertainment center to put it on and I also want to finish Dead Rising 2 (yea I am really behind on a lot of games) so I can be ready for Dead Rising 3.

Is it bigger than the Skyrim Collector's Edition?
My friend posted a picture of it in front of his 110 lb Golden Retriever and all you could see was a tail sticking out. There is also an article of an IGN editor trying to fit it in the back seat of his car.

I haven't had any problems at all today. I guess I was lucky? I played throughout the day never had a problem any time. Neither did my buddies. I also started streaming at twitch.tv/msn1231 and so far haven't had any problems.

Kind of pissed I just spent $500 on a console that I can't jump in and use. Not the end of the world as technically I need to get a new glass shelf cut for my entertainment center to put it on and I also want to finish Dead Rising 2 (yea I am really behind on a lot of games) so I can be ready for Dead Rising 3.

My friend posted a picture of it in front of his 110 lb Golden Retriever and all you could see was a tail sticking out. There is also an article of an IGN editor trying to fit it in the back seat of his car.
Lol well hate to tell you if you had grabbed the PS4 at launch it was the same thing.

Also here's the IGN Titanfall CE unboxing video, cringe worthy video lol.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/12/unboxing-titanfalls-insane-collectors-edition

"Perfect Titanfall Ad Placement."

Chvmy9P.png

^ I just skimmed through the IGN video but why does the Titan shake like that? At 2:52 he moves the base and the titan wabbles all over the place. 

Do we have a list of people who have titanfall?

Also got all the way to the last mission winning every single mission and then a team of 8 lvl 48 people join against us and we lose :(
There is the beginning of a list for the Xbox One here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328233-xbox-one-titanfall-gamertag-list-and-gaming-group/

but no one has gotten together yet.. still in the early phases of playing.

I'd love to have an opportunity to test out whether we can play across servers.. right now it seems as if we're splintered across North, South, West and East servers.. but it may be that we can play together, regardless of server. Anyone test that out yet?

if ever there was a game I wish we could cross-play One, 360 and PC, this is it. GRRRR.

I have yet to see anyone at level 48 yet, though I have seen 42.. and I'm guessing 6 of them showed up, as 6 is the max number per team. I'm about level 35, if memory serves, but still have TONS of attachments and mods to unlock for each weapon.. I'm mostly unlocking everything on each one, even if I don't particularly like it (like that first Rifle pilots get.. yuck - and I haven't even touched the sniper yet), then moving onto the next.

Spending way too much time playing at the moment.. it'll even out eventually.

Holy... This is really starting to piss me off.

Go to midnight release, get game, go home and can't sign in. Ok whatever go to bed and wake up early. Can't sign in. Which means I can't even DL the game to be prepared for later.

Go to work, come home, can't sign in. Wake up, can't sign in.

I'm normally not much for calling CS to complain, but this is getting ridiculous for a system seller as I can't even download the game let alone play it.

Holy... This is really starting to piss me off.

Go to midnight release, get game, go home and can't sign in. Ok whatever go to bed and wake up early. Can't sign in. Which means I can't even DL the game to be prepared for later.

Go to work, come home, can't sign in. Wake up, can't sign in.

I'm normally not much for calling CS to complain, but this is getting ridiculous for a system seller as I can't even download the game let alone play it.
Did you hard power off your machine?

Apparently thats what MS Support are suggesting.

There is the beginning of a list for the Xbox One here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328233-xbox-one-titanfall-gamertag-list-and-gaming-group/

but no one has gotten together yet.. still in the early phases of playing.

I'd love to have an opportunity to test out whether we can play across servers.. right now it seems as if we're splintered across North, South, West and East servers.. but it may be that we can play together, regardless of server. Anyone test that out yet?

if ever there was a game I wish we could cross-play One, 360 and PC, this is it. GRRRR.

I have yet to see anyone at level 48 yet, though I have seen 42.. and I'm guessing 6 of them showed up, as 6 is the max number per team. I'm about level 35, if memory serves, but still have TONS of attachments and mods to unlock for each weapon.. I'm mostly unlocking everything on each one, even if I don't particularly like it (like that first Rifle pilots get.. yuck - and I haven't even touched the sniper yet), then moving onto the next.

Spending way too much time playing at the moment.. it'll even out eventually.
I haven't played much, sadly. Went to the Rockets/Thunder game last night and played a round with my friend until our power went out, so I called it a night there.

He and his brother are like level 46, probably higher by now. Meanwhile, I'm level 4. LOL.

I feel the need to run through campaign this evening though, so if anyone wants to join up, please feel free to join in. Voice chat not necessary. I wear a headset and usually stay quiet unless I see a teammate that is being flanked/in trouble, or if something noteworthy is going down.

Anyone else who ordered through garbage ass best buy to have titanfall delivered STILL NOT get their game today?

Best Buy doesn't guarantee release day delivery. Don't know why you are so upset about it,
I'm so upset cause you have NO IDEA how much bullshit I've gone through with this fucking company. I didn't even wanna order this fuckin thing through delivery! So don't act like you know. I have a delivery date of TODAY. And nothing came. That's why. Now, how about someone helpful respond.

I'm so upset cause you have NO IDEA how much bullshit I've gone through with this fucking company. I didn't even wanna order this fuckin thing through delivery! So don't act like you know. I have a delivery date of TODAY. And nothing came. That's why. Now, how about someone helpful respond.
What else can anyone do for you? lol. Ive had my share of bad experiences with Best Buy. They sold my God Of War and Last of US Ces that I preordered to someone else.

Do you have the tracking number? Does it say out for delivery? At this point all you can do is call and complain to Best Buy and see if they will compensation you.

If you have a store near you, in the future id say just do pre-orders for store pick up.

Best Buy doesn't guarantee release day delivery. Don't know why you are so upset about it,
Sorry. I'm in a REALLY SHITTY mood right now cause of best buy.

Yesterday was a fuckin pain in the ass just to buy my dark souls 2 and now my game which originally had a day one release that changed to a Wednesday release isn't even here. Best buy is terrible. Their discount/coupon program is the only thing keeping me there.

Sorry. I'm in a REALLY SHITTY mood right now cause of best buy.

Yesterday was a fuckin pain in the ass just to buy my dark souls 2 and now my game which originally had a day one release that changed to a Wednesday release isn't even here. Best buy is terrible. Their discount/coupon program is the only thing keeping me there.
Best buy didn't change the delivery date. Holy shit. Contact the delivery company. Unless Geek Squad delivers packages in your area then why are you complaining about Best Buy?

Edit: And I understand your frustration---I really do but it's not like Best Buy benefits from USPS/FedEx/UPS delaying shipments. I don't know why, as it seems like the past three months carriers have just decided to take days off when weather is inclement anywhere in the country, but that really isn't the fault of the retailer, if they dispatched it in a timely fashion.

What else can anyone do for you? lol. Ive had my share of bad experiences with Best Buy. They sold my God Of War and Last of US Ces that I preordered to someone else.

Do you have the tracking number? Does it say out for delivery? At this point all you can do is call and complain to Best Buy and see if they will compensation you.

If you have a store near you, in the future id say just do pre-orders for store pick up.
Same here. I had Stick of Truth CE preordered and AS SOON as I walked in the door (Mind you it was 10:30am on release day) on of their fuckin employees at the front had it in his hands and slapped a sticker on it cause he was buying it. I walked right the hell over and said that better not be MY south park he's holding. Then customer services was like "we only got one in and it says no reserves". I slammed my reserve receipt so hard on that table like I was Phoenix Wright.

Then yesterday I made a return (with receipt like the employee told me to do) and she had my gift card MAILED to me. How the hell is that helpful right now? Its a $35 gc that'll lower my dark souls ce.

These people I swear.

As for titanfall. I was the dude who received the free upgrade email but deleted it. And after dealing with them for a fucking week and them saying that they were going to get a replacement. They told me last week to re reserve the game online and I will have a code sent out to me within 24 hours. Yeah, guess what happened. The order went through it and said its been shipped and it should be here on the 11th and I got screwed out of my collectors edition again. The delivery schedule on ups's shitty site says the 12th.

Its like. I never wanted an online order. I can walk there.

fucking best buy. I remember gamestops customer service at least TRIES to fight for your money.

Best buy didn't change the delivery date. Holy shit. Contact the delivery company. Unless Geek Squad delivers packages in your area then why are you complaining about Best Buy?

Edit: And I understand your frustration---I really do but it's not like Best Buy benefits from USPS/FedEx/UPS delaying shipments. I don't know why, as it seems like the past three months carriers have just decided to take days off when weather is inclement anywhere in the country, but that really isn't the fault of the retailer, if they dispatched it in a timely fashion.
Read my last comment and you'll understand why its their fault.

And delivery companies are dumb as hell and to blame too. Practically useless. I've had so many packages just sitting IN MY STATE for days that I couldn't pick up "cause they're on a truck" not being delivered.

I live in SC. The worst weather we've had here in month was a little bit of rain and 50° weather.

Oh man, Rip44 - I feel for you, man. I've had an artsy collage of BB screwups over the years, and they JUST - NEVER - END.

If it was a UPS delivery, could you ask them to HOLD it at their facility for pickup tonight? And ask for a time? I realize they always say it's on a truck, but maybe just once.. kinda like BB manages to get things right every now and then. (Defeats having it delivered, I know.. and could wind up being yet another headache.)

Been where you are many times, with UPS and beyond; usually FedEx screws me over.. though making a FedEx account and inputting delivery notes for them, so I don't have to sign for every last thing, has mostly solved that problem. Pretty sure that can be done with My UPS, too. Maybe look into that to avoid future headaches, of which there always seems to be another one waiting to happen...

Good luck.

I feel the need to run through campaign this evening though, so if anyone wants to join up, please feel free to join in. Voice chat not necessary. I wear a headset and usually stay quiet unless I see a teammate that is being flanked/in trouble, or if something noteworthy is going down.
Yeah, definitely go through campaign. I have run through it a couple times.. just adds a little extra something to matches, environmental touches not in the straight-MP portion. And there are other benefits to going through that I don't want to ruin for anyone...

Tonight isn't usually a night I'm on, but I may get a respite from my normal schedule. If that happens, I'll be glad to link up. Voicechat usually good for coordinating or calling things out, esp. if we're hunting or guarding together, which is VERY effective. Most times I get taken down, it's a 2-3 man team.

Thanks man. In regards to the UPS pickup at a store, I can't do it. The place where it last was was in North Charleston which is like a two hour drive. Then it was handed off to USPS. Which they had it for 2 days. I could walk to North Charleston and be back within those two days with my damn game before they even deliver it.

Looks like I won't be around tonight after all, unless my lady falls asleep early.. in which case the headset will get some of that late night attention. If I'm on, it'll be late (midnight PST-ish).

So is Xbox Live still having issues? Trying to Coop in Dead Rising 3, and it's been a horrible experience of constant disconnects and lag,
Always check http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Youtube seemed to go haywire today, yesterday it was Twitter and today of course Youtube on the Xboxes didn't work either. Looks like spotty signing in is still there although I was able to sign in yesterday during the day/last night.

Couldn't resist the hype, bought online from work and am hoping it started to download at home.

I'm positive I'll suck, but damn this game looks fun.

Couldn't resist the hype, bought online from work and am hoping it started to download at home.

I'm pretty horrible, so no worries. As long as you take it for what it is and have fun with it, you'll have a blast.

From what I've heard from many non huge FPS multiplayer people, that's part of the game's charm that pretty much anybody can get into it and start to have fun almost instantly.

I'm pretty horrible, so no worries. As long as you take it for what it is and have fun with it, you'll have a blast.
For some reason I am enjoying my amount of suck at this game a lot more than I ever did with games like COD or Halo. I guess that proves giant robots can make any thing better.

bread's done
Back