Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

The game has sold more than enough copies for GH/PH status, so when they "re-release" it, it should come out at $30. Probably come in GH/PH packaging as well.

[quote name='Scorch']It'll probably be $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I'll still probably go for it at that price. I'm interested in the game but I've been low on money for the past few months, so I didn't bite at the $15 price. With any luck, I'll have some money coming in when the game is rereleased, and I might as well go for the complete package.

[quote name='Corvin']Re-read the press release. There is exclusive content on this new version. It screws everyone that already supported the game and made it a hit. All the other games you mention didn't do anything of the like.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should reread the press release. ONE MISSION is exclusive to the Sith edition, and I can almost guarantee that the only reason it's there is to try and dissuade people from buying cheaper used copies of the first pressing. You're not being "screwed" - you're just overreacting.

It's pretty sad that instead of developing a sequel the publishers believe they can now just add a couple of levels and repackage an existing game as some kind of "special edition." It's all about them doing as little as possible to make as much money as they can. I hope most gamers won't support this kind of thing, because it only spells more and more situations like it down the road.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']It's pretty sad that instead of developing a sequel the publishers believe they can now just add a couple of levels and repackage an existing game as some kind of "special edition." It's all about them doing as little as possible to make as much money as they can. I hope most gamers won't support this kind of thing, because it only spells more and more situations like it down the road.[/QUOTE]

Funny. Seems like every sequel that comes out features everyone bitching about how sequels feel more like expansions to the original game. Now they complain when expansion packs get released instead of sequels. Go figure.

Maybe you should reread the press release. ONE MISSION is exclusive to the Sith edition, and I can almost guarantee that the only reason it's there is to try and dissuade people from buying cheaper used copies of the first pressing. You're not being "screwed" - you're just overreacting.

Seconded. This reeks of all the stupidity related to the Left 4 Dead sequel.

I do agree that this is kind of a cheap tactic, to make this one have some exclusive content. It's like the Colonies Edition of Lost Planet for the PC, it destroys the worth of the old copies of the game and penalizes people for supporting the game earlier.

Funny. Seems like every sequel that comes out features everyone bitching about how sequels feel more like expansions to the original game. Now they complain when expansion packs get released instead of sequels. Go figure.

I'd much rather have a sequel than an expansion pack if the only way to play some of the new content is to buy the otherwise exactly the same damn game all over again. Go figure.

I got my SWFU copy a month ago when TRU had that "Buy 1 new, get one 60% off" deal. I never opened it and I can still return it so I can get this.

That said, I hate this type of thing. I hate a lot of DLC in general. In fact, DLC is why I have become a CAG.

I think that what annoys me and others is that we bought the game when it came out. We supported the game by buying the DLC. We want to play this exclusive level. I don't even care if it's a time-exclusive and is made available for purchase later on. It's just a cheap tactic to get obsessive SW fans, like me, to buy the same game again, though, and that's annoying.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I do agree that this is kind of a cheap tactic, to make this one have some exclusive content. It's like the Colonies Edition of Lost Planet for the PC, it destroys the worth of the old copies of the game and penalizes people for supporting the game earlier.[/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you this, but when a game's selling for $15 new, it doesn't have much value left at that point.

With that said, you're still wrong. Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold is ~$30 used at GameStop, but the original pressing is still selling for $10 - pretty damn good for a game that was a pack-in title AND Platinum Hits. Yes, it's "worth" less than the Gold version, but I don't think anyone here could argue that the game would be selling for much more if the Gold version never was released.

[quote name='The 7th Number']This is a bad way to reward people for buying this game early. Now they either have to buy it again, or miss out on part of the game they should have been able to play, via DLC. Shady tactic indeed![/QUOTE]

You didn't buy the game "early" - it came out almost a year ago.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think that what annoys me and others is that we bought the game when it came out. We supported the game by buying the DLC. We want to play this exclusive level. I don't even care if it's a time-exclusive and is made available for purchase later on. It's just a cheap tactic to get obsessive SW fans, like me, to buy the same game again, though, and that's annoying.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. It's to get people who didn't buy the game in the first place - like me - to buy the rerelease instead of a used copy. I'm pretty sure that LucasArts isn't planning on people who bought the game for $60 and then gave them more money for DLC to spend another $20 or $30 for ONE LEVEL.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I'd much rather have a sequel than an expansion pack if the only way to play some of the new content is to buy the otherwise exactly the same damn game all over again. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Then don't buy the game. LucasArts doesn't owe you anything, and you're not entitled to more content just because you bought the game before. Again, we're talking about ONE MISSION in the game. If it was a more significant change (like, say, an entire campaign based around playing as Vader), then I'd understand why people are so upset, but you guys are blowing this completely out of proportion.

Let me ask a different question: why is nobody bitching about the 360 version not having the two player duel mode from the Wii game? Why aren't we complaining about the PSP version's exclusive historical levels (although, to be fair, the achievements make it look like we might get that eventually). Why is nobody bemoaning that we don't have the Jedi trials level that both of those versions of the game have? It's the same fucking thing - the same game, with a small amount of unique content.

If you guys really, absolutely NEED the extra level, look at what fucking website you're on. Just wait a few months, and you'll probably be able to find it for the same $15 I'm willing to bet a lot of you picked the game up for in the past month, if not cheaper than that.

You know what the worst part about this is? This is going to sour some of you on what, from everything I've seen and read, is supposed to be a damn good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bad way to reward people for buying this game early. Now they either have to buy it again, or miss out on part of the game they should have been able to play, via DLC. Shady tactic indeed!

I bought the game a couple weeks ago for $20, but I'd pay $30 for all the bonus content. The one is exclusive to the USE, and the other 2 would likely cost $10 each.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']No, it's not. It's to get people who didn't buy the game in the first place - like me - to buy the rerelease instead of a used copy. I'm pretty sure that LucasArts isn't planning on people who bought the game for $60 and then gave them more money for DLC to spend another $20 or $30 for ONE LEVEL[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. And stop telling people what to do. Just like you can share your opinion that this isn't bullshit, everyone else (and it's a lot of people) can share their opinion that it is bullshit. And if you don't think Star Wars fans will pay the money for this edition, either just to play the new level or as a collector's item, I'm sorry to say, but you're pretty clueless. Take your $20 or $30 and try and get a clue.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And stop telling people what to do.[/QUOTE]

It's okay for Corvin to tell people to not buy the game, but not for me to express an opposing opinion?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And if you don't think Star Wars fans will pay the money for this edition, either just to play the new level or as a collector's item, I'm sorry to say, but you're pretty clueless. Take your $20 or $30 and try and get a clue.[/QUOTE]

The Force Unleashed sold 1.738 million copies across all platforms. I promise you, an item that's sold that many copies and produced in that quantity won't be a collector's item within our lifetimes. There's probably going to be less of the new edition, true, but LucasArts isn't exactly Atlus when it comes to production run sizes.

As for people who choose to repurchase the game...that's their prerogative, but if you've got the money to spend and you're willing to pay for what is, essentially, the same game then I don't think you have grounds to whine about the exclusive content. Because the point seems to need to be reiterated: Nobody is making you purchase the new version of the game.

I'd much rather have a sequel than an expansion pack if the only way to play some of the new content is to buy the otherwise exactly the same damn game all over again. Go figure.

Or you could just have kept the game and not sold it off, and then just downloaded it since it's coming to XBL anyway. For that matter, if you sold it off then you really have no reason to complain about it since this news is being mentioned almost a year after the release of the game.

And if you don't think Star Wars fans will pay the money for this edition, either just to play the new level or as a collector's item, I'm sorry to say, but you're pretty clueless. Take your $20 or $30 and try and get a clue.

Most of the people you are talking about already have the original, and if they do decide to repurchase it probably wont rush out to do it unless they were huge fans of the game anyway. So no, he really isn't that clueless.

@Gothic Walrus: check out FFVII for something that has sold multimillions and has somehow become a collectors item.

But I agree, TFU won't become like that.

OK folks the Tatoonie level just came out today by surprise.

a few things

It was a meh level. Nice textures and level design but over all too short.

You fight jawas, the pig guards, a few of jabba's hechmen, Bobba Fett, meet up with a trashed Proxy.

In the end you Fight Obi-Wan. It was all too easy...then get this he turns into his spirit and puts up a good fight. So you fight Obi-Wan's Ghost in the end. Instead of trapping the Falcon, you climb on it and plant a tracker.

and that's it!

800 points down the drain...which means the Hoth addition will probably suck as well :(

No new cutscenes except for a star destroyer over Tatoonie ejecting the Tantative IV...

What a waste :|

I pre-ordered USE from amazon for $36.99. Never finished the original game, and didn't get any of the DLCs. Seems like a fair enough price for me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']OK folks the Tatoonie level just came out today by surprise.

a few things

It was a meh level. Nice textures and level design but over all too short.

You fight jawas, the pig guards, a few of jabba's hechmen, Bobba Fett, meet up with a trashed Proxy.

In the end you Fight Obi-Wan. It was all too easy...then get this he turns into his spirit and puts up a good fight. So you fight Obi-Wan's Ghost in the end. Instead of trapping the Falcon, you climb on it and plant a tracker.

and that's it!

800 points down the drain...which means the Hoth addition will probably suck as well :(

No new cutscenes except for a star destroyer over Tatoonie ejecting the Tantative IV...

What a waste :|
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.. I'll get it when I pick up USE.

[quote name='ITDEFX']OK folks the Tatoonie level just came out today by surprise.

a few things

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the mini review. I actually rebought....well, repurchased as I got it for free at FYE.....just for this DLC. The jedi temple level was very meh. I'm probably still going to get this DLC. Just maybe not right now.

Did anybody notice this on amazon product future:

Includes the original Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Video Game, 3 all new levels including a level that is exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition, Art Book, and Lithograph all packaged in a beautiful tin collector's box - available in limited quantities

Was this announced that this game will have a special packaging too?

I haven't heard anything about special packaging or extras, and Amazon has been known to flub up it's pre-order descriptions, so I wouldn't get too excited right now.

Well, looks like they KILLED the Tin Case, Amazon and Gamstop have both deleted that info...= ( Looked sweet in the pics too.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Any thoughts/review of the Ultimate Sith Edition??[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet, but I did open it today. It comes with the manual, a book that has pictures of the different "cards", and 1 card. There are 10 cards in the set and you get 1 per game.

Cards are:
1)Darth Vader
2)The Apprentice
3)Emperor
4)Ultimate Evil Apprentice
5)Kazdan
6)Starkiller
7)Maris Brood
8)Hoth Apprentice
9)Darth Maul
10)Tatooine Apprentice

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I assume the PC version doesn't get a metal case?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think to look for that one. I do have a 360 and 2 of the PS3 version. Somone else must have bought the other PS3 versions, but the 360s were still there today.

can you just play the bonus missions, or do you have to start the game over again, if you already have a save file from the original game?

[quote name='Costa']can you just play the bonus missions, or do you have to start the game over again, if you already have a save file from the original game?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have the old game, but it seems like the bonus missions are separate. They list "the force unleashed", then "Hoth" or "Endor" or something like that in the menu.

The disc comes with 2.76 firmware, so I don't have to worry about updating my PS3 console online to earn trophies!

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone know if there's any noticeable difference between the PS3 and 360 versions?[/QUOTE]

AS far as I know the ps3 version is on one disc and I think that lets you use the new DLC costume stuff in the main game if so desired.

bread's done
Back