Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

[quote name='Scorch']How does the lightning shield work? Activate it then kill people or what?[/quote]

I think it makes your regular attacks, lightning attacks.

Beat it today with the good ending and I have to say, the story was great. I have a slight issue making the founders of the rebellion looking a little weak and being to cowardly to act without someone to "lead them."

Final fights were epic.

[quote name='Scorch']How does the lightning shield work? Activate it then kill people or what?[/quote]Once you max it out, hold LT + Y until it drains your force meter is drained and lightning tendrils will spark out of your shield and hit enemies close by - only the tendril damage that results in a kill counts towards the 100 or 500, not lightsaber damage. To get the achievement, use it against regular stormtroopers and the like since they are weak.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']To get the achievement, use it against regular stormtroopers and the like since they are weak.[/quote]

Sounds like I'm being regulated to a few hours at the Tie Fighter Factory..

"We had a list of 20 locations in our exploration phase," he said. "Those got whittled down. Which ones were viable and which weren't. The temple hung on and hung on and hung on. We had to make cuts right before production and it was one of those."

More like "Which of these levels will people be willing to pay for? We'll cut those and leave the ones people really don't want in the game."

That's how I see it, anyways.

[quote name='sp00ge']More like "Which of these levels will people be willing to pay for? We'll cut those and leave the ones people really don't want in the game."

That's how I see it, anyways.[/quote]

That is probably 100% accurate. Just another reason to hate the game if you ask me.

The game was entirely too short to suddenly become an episodic adventure,if that were the case it shouldn't have been full price. I already sold mine so maybe i'll pick it up in a year or two when the game has hit rock bottom prices on ebay and get the DLC then.

That's definitely the best plan I would say. Man, Lucasarts is just making me hate them more and more.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Hey guys, what is a "Aerial Ambush juggle combos"?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]Go into your Force Upgrades and buy the grapple move (who's button config. is: Y + B) and then, when you use it on an enemy, it throws them up in the air leaving you to hit them (X + X) before they come back down. The hits in the air must be the thing that kills them, not the throw and not them landing on the ground.

Your other option would be to buy the Force Combo aptly named Aerial Ambush (and Aerial Strike, Aerial Slam, etc.) and hit the combo (X + X + X + hold B until you leap in the air after the enemy) and then slash them in midair (X + X). This way is a lot less reliable because you kill the enemy with the initial combo before popping him into the air more than 2/3 the time.

Lol.. Wii.. Sigh..
search_results_landing

I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I was unable to finish this game. A huge disappointment. There are times where the force powers are awesome, but they are few and far between. The gameplay itself simply was more frustrating than it was fun. It is quite possibly one of the hardest games I've ever played on normal difficulty due to horrible targeting (the most critical part of the gameplay), invisible walls all over the place and random events that can take off 3/4 off your life. And I @%&#*$! hated the quick time events.

I've grinded out a lot of games I didn't care about, but I don't regret trading this sucker in despite the fact I wanted to love the game. I don't even care how the story ends. I'm even tempted to sell my Rogue Shadow Lego Set.

I hope they patch this game soon. I had some of the worst game glitches over the weekend. It made a great game a pain in the arse to play.

I once disappeared after getting hit by the Sarlac fighting Shaak Ti. Then I got stepped on by a Rancor and fell through the floor. Finally I had the famous *Default Text glitch which gives you no credit for picking up the Holocrons.

Who the hell tested this game? After all the hype I am truley disappointed. I refuse to play it again until they release some kind of patch. I really enjoyed most of the game but the glitches are unacceptable!

I got a question about the plot.

I'm at the part where Vader "kills" the apprentice. My question is why does Vader want his apprentice to assassinate the Emporer?

[quote name='DT778']I got a question about the plot.

I'm at the part where Vader "kills" the apprentice. My question is why does Vader want his apprentice to assassinate the Emporer?
[/quote]

Since this game has been out of awhile...

Has to do with the rule of two. Siths always try to wait for the other to become weak before taking over. Vader couldn't take the Emperor on alone because he was too powerful (the man who single handlying maniplated an entire galaxy into going to war without anyone noticing until it was too late) so he needed the Apprentices help. It later becomes a double cross down the story leading to another fight with Vader.

[quote name='DT778']I got a question about the plot.

[/QUOTE]

Keep playing as this sort of resolves itself.

I don't think Vader wanted his apprentice to kill the Emperor. He wanted the apprentice to run a fool's errand to expose the location of Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, etc. Then he could make it look to the Emperor like he did a great job crushing the rebellion before it even formed. Essentially the appentice was just a puppet in Vader's attempt to bolster the Emperor's trust in him, and allay any suspicions that Vader was trying to usurp his throne.

I'm on the last level, so if there are no major plot revelations that's what I gathered from the plot up to that point.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
I don't think Vader wanted his apprentice to kill the Emperor. He wanted the apprentice to run a fool's errand to expose the location of Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, etc. Then he could make it look to the Emperor like he did a great job crushing the rebellion before it even formed. Essentially the appentice was just a puppet in Vader's attempt to bolster the Emperor's trust in him, and allay any suspicions that Vader was trying to usurp his throne.

I'm on the last level, so if there are no major plot revelations that's what I gathered from the plot up to that point.[/quote]

I suggest fighting Vader in the lower pit FIRST instead of going after the Emperor. You will get the cool bad ending, the acheviment and then get a chance to go back (reload the ending part) and fight the emperor for the good ending. Vader, even on easy mode is a real bitch when he is mega hurt.

I just recently read that they have finally patched the game with the release of the new character skins pack on the marketplace. I can not confirm this but I am going to pop on in after work and see.

The patch removed the default text glitch and should give you credit for any holocrons or objectives you completed when the game glitched.

[quote name='lilboo']I wonder what kind pricing the DLC will get... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It is 400 points for the character skins download.
It includes 7 new character skins and three new apprentice outfits.

Hooded Combat Gear
General Starkiller
Sith Assassin

Imperial Commando
Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
Darth Sion :cool:
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kit Fisto

I picked this up relatively cheap from the Movie Gallery sale. Should I bother jumping into it now (likely won't happen) or should I trade it to GS while the value is high? I'll probably just rebuy it later cheaper with the latter option.

[quote name='JJSP']I picked this up relatively cheap from the Movie Gallery sale. Should I bother jumping into it now (likely won't happen) or should I trade it to GS while the value is high? I'll probably just rebuy it later cheaper with the latter option.[/quote]

Play it, the game is bad ass...you owe yourself to at least try it if you plan on trading it in.

[quote name='ryanbph']Did anyone dl the Jedi academy level?[/quote]

I did, but I just started the game so not sure when I'll get to that point.

I did and it definitely wasn't worth the points in my mind. I finished it in under 20 minutes. Even with he character pack included, still not truly worth it. They justify the price as a character pack with a level included.

Did anyone install the game to the HDD yet? Wondering if the load sequences between upgrading your character, changing skins...etc. get any better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did anyone install the game to the HDD yet? Wondering if the load sequences between upgrading your character, changing skins...etc. get any better.[/quote]

I've got it installed on the HDD, there's still significant load times when changing skins, lightsabres etc.

Game was good value at $20, I should finish it on Sith Master difficulty tonight. I'm not gonna bother with the DLC though, especially as the new Achievements don't stack with regard to difficulty.

How do you access the new lvl? I DL'd it and its not available in the mission select screen. Do you have to start a new game completely to access it?

Start a new game, and then you can choose to do that level by itself. You'll be able to use your character with the stuff he already has put on his attributes. Since you have multiple save blocks you are good to go.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just finished the game and was pretty impressed.

I can see how people would have been frustrated by the game - lots of glitches and cheap enemy AI.

It was still a fun experience. The story was interesting and both the graphics and sound were outstanding. Definitely a rental, but I'm sure most people have either already played this or have passed it by.

Glad to hear you guys had a good experience. I thought it was one of the biggest letdowns I've played in a long time. Note, I'm a HUGE SW fan. I wanted, nay, needed to love this one. But, the gameplay is just horrid. It's like the developers didn't learn anything since Super Mario 64. Just sad. The story was even on the weak side and that was the main reason I pushed through the shoddy gameplay.

ChubbyNinja is right, level design was downright atrocious .They built this stunning engine for the game but it was obvious they didn't know where to go from there outside of walk down corridor kill grunts in way. And just for good measure the game designers sabotaged their own game by having a ridiculous number of enemies that simply laugh off force powers and a star destroyer segment that caused many a person to throw their controller and quit in disgust. Want proof of that one just read earlier in this very thread.

I want to say the team could probably get it right on a sequel but hell they were all fired when the game was done outside of a few people to wrap it up.

I know there were a ton of complaints, but those of us playing it now, more than likely, picked it up a lot cheaper than most. It's easier to shrug off some of the problems when your buy-in point is closer to $20 than $60. At any entry point though, the Star Destroyer level sucked ass.

As for the design itself, it was kind of a mesh between Shadows of the Empire and Psi-ops, good or bad. I enjoyed the story well enough, and liked Sam Witwer in the role of the Apprentice.

Personally, I started on 'Sith Lord' difficulty which also extended the gameplay quite a bit. I imagine it's a pretty short game on the easier difficulties which could be viewed as a negative as well.

I want the DLC, but every review says it only lasts about 30 minutes which is criminal for $10. Hell, you can watch the whole thing on YouTube. :lol: I hope that gets cheaper.

bread's done
Back