Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition $99.99

Darknuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
"Make some room in your collection, as Blizzard Entertainment has revealed StarCraft II Collector's Edition, and you're going to want it.

Retailing for $99.99, the collector's edition comes packed with goodies, including:

The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
If you're not one for all the extras, you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99. Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks.""

http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-announces-starcraft-ii-collector-s-edition-170358.phtml

Not really a deal per say... But considering blizzard collectors editions have almost ALWAYS sold for over retail after selling out (except WotLK), this might be a good investment. I know I'm getting it purely because I'm a diehard Starcraft fan, but just throwing it out there.

Get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA0J6/ref=pd_1ctyhuc__sbs_01_01

http://news.bigdownload.com/photos/s...77525/#2877527

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered. I love Blizzard's CE's, even through they're pricey. Not a bad idea to resell the WoW pet, but I play that too off and on, so I'll probably use it.

I just cant see why people back up the Standard edition pricing at $60, when it's not even the full campaign...

that campaign better be damn good if they plan on putting out expansions for the other factions AND initially charging $60 for 1/3 of the campaign...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Glad to see the $60 PC game becoming standard. I think that will push me to buy more games..

...during Steam sales.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I just cant see why people back up the Standard edition pricing at $60, when it's not even the full campaign...

that campaign better be damn good if they plan on putting out expansions for the other factions AND initially charging $60 for 1/3 of the campaign...[/QUOTE]

yup, just wait, that x3 will start to make WoW look cheap
Imagine the 3 CEs :roll: Even regs x3 sounds a lot like a regular WoW sub...

I really wonder if they have that stranglehold anymore.
Company of Heroes originally passed me by, but that's a great RTS.

I dunno if I really need 20 'peons' mining ore and getting gas anymore

[quote name='CKaz']yup, just wait, that x3 will start to make WoW look cheap
Imagine the 3 CEs :roll: Even regs x3 sounds a lot like a regular WoW sub...

I really wonder if they have that stranglehold anymore.
Company of Heroes originally passed me by, but that's a great RTS.

I dunno if I really need 20 'peons' mining ore and getting gas anymore[/QUOTE]

you guys realize they are putting a HUUUGE budget into their single player campaign right? It's not gonna be like RTS's of old that have pitiful cutscenes (C&C games, or really any other RTS) or short campaigns with nice cutscenes (Halo Wars). Each SC2 campaign has been advertised as a 20+ hour campaign that is fully voiced and fully CGed (in between missions). It's going to be an AMAZING campaign. I got a peek at blizzcon and it was soooo pretty looking lol.

On top of that, each expansion will have all new units and features to add to battle.net... so quit ur bitching about SC2 =P. They offer more in $60 than most games could possibly offer.

[quote name='i4ybrid']Ugh, I preordered the regular SC2 for $50 like a month ago, now I've also got the CE on preorder...which one to cancel...hmm[/QUOTE]

I think the decision will be made for you. I have a Standard edition preorder for $50, but I expect that it will be canceled within a few days.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I just cant see why people back up the Standard edition pricing at $60, when it's not even the full campaign...

that campaign better be damn good if they plan on putting out expansions for the other factions AND initially charging $60 for 1/3 of the campaign...[/QUOTE]
It's being split because it's 3 full campaigns.

[quote name='Guerrilla']It's being split because it's 3 full campaigns.[/QUOTE]

Well technically SC1 had 3 full campaigns too, 6 with BW... They were just a lot lower budget (even for the time) then other games of the generation. Blizz is putting in a lot more money into each campaign this time around and that's why they are splitting it up. Of course most haters won't think about that and will complain anyway that they aren't getting all 3 in one game, but at the same time, they'll go buy CoD: MW 2 for it's 4 hour campaign and identical multiplayer to the first (oooo new maps and weapons... It's almost like it's an expansion pack they charged $60 for... :whistle2:k).

just because you have a legitimate reason to not buy and dislike something doesnt make you a damn hater and mw2 sucked lolnukes.

100 is a bit too pricey for me for one product that doesnt include any kind of special controllers. I'll probably wait a bit for patches and stuff and buy standard when its 40.

[quote name='Sway42']just because you have a legitimate reason to not buy and dislike something doesnt make you a damn hater and mw2 sucked lolnukes.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand why ppl are hating on the $60 price... Like 80% of the $60 games on console won't have half the content and re-playability of SC2. God of War 3, MW2, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed, etc. are all fun games and I'll be the first to admit I've bought them all at release, but in comparison to what SC2 will probably offer (if it's anywhere near as good as SC1 was, which let's face it, will be), they all only offer a fraction of the re-playability and single player depth that SC2 offers. Yes, it's an overpriced PC game in comparison to the average PC game cost, but you'll end up buying like 4-6 $50 PC games or 3-5 console games before you get your full moneys worth out of SC2. At least I know I will.

[quote name='Darknuke']I just don't understand why ppl are hating on the $60 price... Like 80% of the $60 games on console won't have half the content and re-playability of SC2. God of War 3, MW2, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed, etc. are all fun games and I'll be the first to admit I've bought them all at release, but in comparison to what SC2 will probably offer (if it's anywhere near as good as SC1 was, which let's face it, will be), they all only offer a fraction of the re-playability and single player depth that SC2 offers. Yes, it's an overpriced PC game in comparison to the average PC game cost, but you'll end up buying like 4-6 $50 PC games or 3-5 console games before you get your full moneys worth out of SC2. At least I know I will.[/QUOTE]

They just like to hate. "Har har $60! That's Activision for ya!" Yet they seem to forget that WC3 was released at $60 and this was long before the Activision merger. Game has such long legs that the Battle Chest for WC3 is still selling for $40 at retail. And Warcraft 3 came out in 2002.

$40 buys you:
- a rather large artbook
- soundtrack
- DVD
- a flash drive
- the original Starcraft game plus the expansion
- extra content for WOW
- extra content for Starcraft 2

That is definitely worth $40, imo.

[quote name='Darknuke']I just don't understand why ppl are hating on the $60 price... Like 80% of the $60 games on console won't have half the content and re-playability of SC2. God of War 3, MW2, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed, etc. are all fun games and I'll be the first to admit I've bought them all at release, but in comparison to what SC2 will probably offer (if it's anywhere near as good as SC1 was, which let's face it, will be), they all only offer a fraction of the re-playability and single player depth that SC2 offers. Yes, it's an overpriced PC game in comparison to the average PC game cost, but you'll end up buying like 4-6 $50 PC games or 3-5 console games before you get your full moneys worth out of SC2. At least I know I will.[/QUOTE]

Hold it. Starcraft wasn't that great. It was a cheap little lan game that had some good mods and was cheap. The single player was largely garbage.

The franchise is stale and starving Koreans ruin the multiplayer experience.

I am SO glad I bought SC2 before the $10 price increase. Phew. It's an activision decision to push them to $60. They figure since you douches pay $60 for console titles, why not PC? Hell, 2.5M idiots bought the map pack for $15 for MW2. That's crazy. I guess I should be a happy Activision shareholder that people like that abound.

Because they know:

The Starcraft 2 Terran campaign is twice as long as all three of the original SC campaigns combined.

And after beating that campaign, they know that they can now play what's probably going to be the most competitive RTS ever played since the original Starcraft. This all of course comes with established leagues for ladder rankings, regularly hosted tournaments, achievements, unit decals, portraits, clans, party system, interactive replays etc...

Oh, and a constant stream of free "map packs" from Blizzard for probably what's going to be another 10 years of Starcraft bliss.

Along with Blizzard's most powerful map editor to date, ensuring infinite amounts of possibilities in terms of user-created games -- it's hard to question why anyone who likes Starcraft wouldn't buy this game, regardless of price.

And god forbid we have to buy the next two expansions -- as if we wouldn't want them right?

[quote name='InFlames215']$40 buys you:
- a rather large artbook
- soundtrack
- DVD
- a flash drive
- the original Starcraft game plus the expansion
- extra content for WOW
- extra content for Starcraft 2

That is definitely worth $40, imo.[/QUOTE]

its a 2 gig flash drive worth 5$ tops.

And I could hardley consider a pet for world of warcraft, or the ability to slightly change the color of your units extra content.

And who is gonna play the original starcraft (which doesnt even support reasonable resolutions anymore) once they have the new one.

its 40$ for a 2gig flash drive an art book and a music cd.

Not much of a deal, especially when you compare it to things like GOW3 ultimate edition

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Hold it. Starcraft wasn't that great. It was a cheap little lan game that had some good mods and was cheap. The single player was largely garbage.

The franchise is stale and starving Koreans ruin the multiplayer experience.[/QUOTE]

let me guess... you didn't play this around its release? My guess is you played it post 2003-2005 when games looks astronomically better than SC1. Starcraft 1 was not cheap for its time. It's one of the most in depth RTS games to this day (and balanced). It holds no comparison to WC3 as that game improves on every aspect of SC, but for its time, it was an amazing game.

It plays like Starcraft I... not necessarily a bad thing, but I think the standard edition will suffice.

Preordered a CE, deciding if I should preorder a second one.

I don't play WoW and never wanted to, but the idea of a Thor pet makes me consider it, am I the only person here that that's happened to?

[quote name='dcm1602']its a 2 gig flash drive worth 5$ tops.

And I could hardley consider a pet for world of warcraft, or the ability to slightly change the color of your units extra content.

And who is gonna play the original starcraft (which doesnt even support reasonable resolutions anymore) once they have the new one.

Not much of a deal, especially when you compare it to things like GOW3 ultimate edition[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?

I was curious so I actually did compare it to the GoW3:UE:

* God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
* Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
* God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
* God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
* God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 download).

What's so great about the GoW edition that the SC2 doesn't compare to it? Both have a documentary, soundtrack (except that Blizzard actually gives you a physical product and not a digital download), both have skins. Instead of giving away "exclusive environment" DLC which I don't care for I'd rather have the 176 page art book. I'm not seeing your point.

[quote name='dcm1602']its a 2 gig flash drive worth 5$ tops.

Not much of a deal, especially when you compare it to things like GOW3 ultimate edition[/QUOTE]

Art book is likely a nice hardcover one like the WoW ones, which retail for $20 and sell fairly well at that price. CD is another $15. WoW pet will go on eBay for $20 at a minimum, likely it'll go to $50 or more very fast if the LE sells out. Flash drive is the only rather worthless item, but if the LE sells out and the drive isn't reproduced, the games fans will want it anyways and drive it up to 20-50ish.

God of War 3 ultimate had what, a shitty plastic box? A small artbook that wasn't bigger than a DVD case? Yea, let me go shove that under my Halo legendary helmet, another chunk of useless overpriced plastic.

stop using the word hate.

i loved sc1 too
all i did was play custom maps. sc1 was my cousin's game and i could never touch it. he wouldnt let me play. But when i had the chance, i rushed to the custom maps sections and played the following:
evolves, simpsons, bunker wars, nuke the zerglings, zergling blood, hydra ranch, and others

my cousin was a ladder type of guy. he would play on lost temple all the damn day. i would play custom maps instead, evolves to be precise. i love that map.
just recently that i managed to grab a copy and play it again. i played cats vs mice in battle.net.

today's console games are failures. you are right on that. mw2 was bad. i saw failure the minute i saw nukes and double shotgun and the overpowered perks. l4d2 was not much of a game i must admit. it was going to be a new game for those new to the series but a expansion for those who played the 1st one. i cant vouch for ac2. i am a history type of a person. i am sure i would enjoy ac2.

But you are right, the games are too short and companies expect users to buy DLC to expand their games. DLC is killing this industry.

you said you wanted to pay 100 dollars for sc2?
your wish is going to be granted.

what i am not liking is the way they are "improving" battle.net. You are going to pay for each custom map in order to play. by the time i manage to re-play all my favorite sc1 maps in sc2 and be lost in total nostalgia, i would waste 40 dollars in total bringing the total of the game to 100 and probably more.
shaftastic aint it?

valve is probably the only computer company that i take my hat off and is doing the right thing [scratch that l4d2 fiasco, i am not sure what they were thinking. they probably wanted to get profits from the 360 players]. Team Fortress 2 gets blasted with new content and updates and the maps are free. just liek the good ol days of starcraft and counter strike.

i loved blizzard. i cant lie.
Warcraft 3 and Starcraft were my favorite games. i am sure if i had my hands on diablo 2, i would have enjoyed it.
i did not like the wow series. i, like many others, disliked how World of Warcraft took the lore and the story to a different path.
there may never be a warcraft 4 because of that. blizzard pretty much single handily killed the warcraft lore.

[quote name='rperez1025']Wait, what?

I was curious so I actually did compare it to the GoW3:UE:

* God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
* Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
* God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
* God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
* God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 download).

What's so great about the GoW edition that the SC2 doesn't compare to it? Both have a documentary, soundtrack (except that Blizzard actually gives you a physical product and not a digital download), both have skins. Instead of giving away "exclusive environment" DLC which I don't care for I'd rather have the 176 page art book. I'm not seeing your point.[/QUOTE]

Comes with a pretty awesome looking CE Pandoras Box.

god-of-war-3-ultimate-edition.jpg

[quote name='Sway42'] You are going to pay for each custom map in order to play. by the time i manage to re-play all my favorite sc1 maps in sc2 and be lost in total nostalgia, i would waste 40 dollars in total bringing the total of the game to 100 and probably more.
shaftastic aint it?

[/QUOTE]

This is blatantly false. Only some premium maps will be priced, with a percentage benefiting the creator himself.

[quote name='georox']Art book is likely a nice hardcover one like the WoW ones, which retail for $20 and sell fairly well at that price. CD is another $15. WoW pet will go on eBay for $20 at a minimum, likely it'll go to $50 or more very fast if the LE sells out. Flash drive is the only rather worthless item, but if the LE sells out and the drive isn't reproduced, the games fans will want it anyways and drive it up to 20-50ish.

God of War 3 ultimate had what, a shitty plastic box? A small artbook that wasn't bigger than a DVD case? Yea, let me go shove that under my Halo legendary helmet, another chunk of useless overpriced plastic.[/QUOTE]

True I do agree that the Pet on ebay could definitely make this deal more attractive.

Oh and if you go on gamestop and use the 25OFF coupon you get it for 75$. But being the cheap bastards that they are @ gamestop you have to add something to your order to make it 100$, 99.99 isnt enuf for them

[quote name='dcm1602']Comes with a pretty awesome looking CE Pandoras Box.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, a shitty little plastic box. If it was something of decent quality, like say wood with metal inlay, I would've been all over that like a fat man on a bigmac, but it's just another chunk of factory-machined plastic. I don't see the big deal.

[quote name='dcm1602']Comes with a pretty awesome looking CE Pandoras Box.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I can see how some may like it, but to me it's just a plastic box that takes up space. No way would I have a desire to display it.

hey, dark ranger
how bout giving me some news to read instead of lolboldlargehighlightinred my text.

lol premium maps?
define premium maps.
is it evolves by any chance?
zergling blood sounds premium.
nuke the zerglings is also a classic. premium?
maybe dota?

see this is what i mean that i am disliking the path blizzard is taking for battle.net

The CE price is reasonable, with all the stuff you get. Plus you can sell off the WoW pet for a decent price. But what gets me is the $60 for the freakin regular edition!! Activision ftl

fuck me, thats a straight up jack. 100 bucks? Hell wow CE are always 69 and they come with the same stuff really, except the flash drive of course.

And they said 59 for a regular version? Blizzard games have always been 49 bucks just like everyother pc game in exsistence. Well except for modern warfare 2, that was 59 bucks and activision is part of blizzard now so I can see why the pricing has gone up so much.

Sad is though Ill still buy the CE aside from bitching and thinking the price is to high because starcraft is one of the few pc games I truly love.

[quote name='Sway42']hey
how bout giving me some news to read instead of lolboldlargehighlightinred my text.

lol premium maps?
define premium maps.
is it evolves by any chance?
zergling blood sounds premium.
maybe dota?

see this is what i mean that i am disliking the path blizzard is taking for battle.net[/QUOTE]

No one is going to pay money for some guy's Zergling Blood v 5.34 final. Most are still going to be broken, hilariously fun maps that people whip together -- and those are the ones that will be free. But every so often a map like Dota comes around and practically creates a separate gaming community. Do you know how many Dota players have never touched a real WC3 match? A lot.

So what this "Premium Pricing" is going to do is it will reward both the amateurs who pour so much work into something like Dota, for example, as well as Blizzard who made the tools. It encourages people to make amazingly deep games because they can profit from them.

If SC2 comes out and people are selling "DBZ TOWER WARZ!!" for $9.99 a pop, you can tell me I was wrong.

[quote name='Darknuke']let me guess... you didn't play this around its release? My guess is you played it post 2003-2005 when games looks astronomically better than SC1. Starcraft 1 was not cheap for its time. It's one of the most in depth RTS games to this day (and balanced). It holds no comparison to WC3 as that game improves on every aspect of SC, but for its time, it was an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

Please don't compare that butchered excuse of a RTS to SC.

Improve every aspect of SC? Hilarious.

All the negativity is most likely coming from the fact that they are now know as Activision Blizzard. Since Activision is the one company everyone loves to hate. Never mind they had nothing to do with the development of the game, the price being bumped to 60 may or may not be their doing but it was just a matter of time, after 40 bucks for WoW expansion its not surprising to see this at 60. But lets face it, they know people will pay that much, so they are going to sell it for that much, if some people scream boycott, they will still break even cause the million people that buy it and pay an extra 10 blot out those that don't.

[quote name='panzerfaust']No one is going to pay money for some guy's Zergling Blood v 5.34 final. Most are still going to be broken, hilariously fun maps that people whip together -- and those are the ones that will be free. But every so often a map like Dota comes around and practically creates a separate gaming community. Do you know how many Dota players have never touched a real WC3 match? A lot.

So what this "Premium Pricing" is going to do is it will reward both the amateurs who pour so much work into something like Dota, for example, as well as Blizzard who made the tools. It encourages people to make amazingly deep games because they can profit from them.

If SC2 comes out and people are selling "DBZ TOWER WARZ!!" for $9.99 a pop, you can tell me I was wrong.[/QUOTE]
ok lets take dota for an example.
hell i began to hate dota once i refreshed my custom game page in wc3 and i can tell you that once i saw all Dota. from brazil hosts to us hosts and that was no fun

The creators of Dota make a SC2 type of map. From what i am just guessin is that they will give these "developers" a special place in the battle.net marketplace and have people download the official release of these maps. They could be said to hold the rights for the Dota game and they can update it and make improvements and all of that.

Problem is, you are paying a small fraction to these "developers". Blizzard is going to grab the majority of the profits. I understand you said Blizzard is providing the tools and giving a small fraction of profits to said developers, but...What The Hell? Didnt Starcraft and Warcraft have fun maps already and they were free? some were horrible maps. and yes, zergling blood had a bunch of rigged maps. but some maps were released by these devs and they did it not by a profit, but happily did it with their hearts.

The reason pc gaming is better than the consoles is because...well, mods. Custom mods. I am sure it started with Wolfenstein all the way to the present. These custom mods were always released by the players who loved their game and wanted to improve it and give back to the community. The reason pc gaming has the upper hand is of these free custom mods released by the community to enhance and lengthen the life of these games. microsoft is too damn strict and sony is trying but they can not be compared to the custom mods found in the pc gaming world.

Now Blizzy over here wants to profit from custom mods? They are taken what has been sacred and common throughout these years and attempting to change and profit from it.
ugh. i really cant believe this.

i hope you understand where i am coming from.

[quote name='gargus']

Sad is though Ill still buy the CE aside from bitching and thinking the price is to high because starcraft is one of the few pc games I truly love.[/QUOTE]

And this is why it will sell. All of us pissed off people will still buy it, myself included.

[quote name='Sway42']ok lets take dota for an example.
hell i began to hate dota once i refreshed my custom game page in wc3 and i can tell you that once i saw all Dota. from brazil hosts to us hosts and that was no fun

The creators of Dota make a SC2 type of map. From what i am just guessin is that they will give these "developers" a special place in the battle.net marketplace and have people download the official release of these maps. They could be said to hold the rights for the Dota game and they can update it and make improvements and all of that.

Problem is, you are paying a small fraction to these "developers". Blizzard is going to grab the majority of the profits. I understand you said Blizzard is providing the tools and giving a small fraction of profits to said developers, but...What The Hell? Didnt Starcraft and Warcraft have fun maps already and they were free? some were horrible maps. and yes, zergling blood had a bunch of rigged maps. but some maps were released by these devs and they did it not by a profit, but happily did it with their hearts.

The reason pc gaming is better than the consoles is because...well, mods. Custom mods. I am sure it started with Wolfenstein all the way to the present. These custom mods were always released by the players who loved their game and wanted to improve it and give back to the community. The reason pc gaming has the upper hand is of these free custom mods released by the community to enhance and lengthen the life of these games. microsoft is too damn strict and sony is trying but they can not be compared to the custom mods found in the pc gaming world.

Now Blizzy over here wants to profit from custom mods? They are taken what has been sacred and common throughout these years and attempting to change and profit from it.
ugh. i really cant believe this.

i hope you understand where i am coming from.[/QUOTE]

I do understand, and I'm still skeptical about it as well, but it really depends a few things.

In theory, no map ever has to cost money unless the creator decides to put it in the market place. It's all up to the community and the creator. If the guy thinks his work deserves reward, he'll try to sell it. And if the community in turn think it's worth the price, they'll buy it.

Secondly, the price itself is also a huge deal. If an occasional masterpiece comes out and it's for $0.99, count me in (I'm not a huge custom map player either). But if they are charging that or more for typical rehashed maps (like amateur TDs and Zergling Wars), and people are eating it up -- then that's a big problem.

But I'm also entertaining the possibility that we'll see some much better map making out there now that there's a bigger incentive.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, but I'm more optimistic about it then assuming everything is going to nickel and dime me.

well the problem with the buy-able maps is this... Can we update the map or do we have to create a whole "new" map to update it (like it has been thus far). If maps are updatable then this can work fine, if not then you are essentially paying cash per version which is a rip off considering how many DOTAs there are.

Another thing is like that these maps can only be played with others that have also paid for them, which to me is awesome. I don't think many people will buy the maps because say 1000 people do buy a certain map. Well trying to have all 1000 (or even 12 for that matter) on at the same time and having them all want to play that map is going to be a pain.

I do expect to see a lot of pay for maps, but I think we won't see many popular pay for maps until later. I am expecting map makers to create free maps and gauge how popular they are. Then make a 2nd version or something that is then pay for. But to me this is the only way I see it working, unless Blizzard allows for the ability to preview a map. Even if a non playable preview, just a video preview would suffice.

I don't really see the pay for maps to be a huge problem, well I am hoping it won't. For some reason the Starcraft community doesn't strike me as greedy, especially compared to maybe some other communities *coughmodernwarfare2cough*. Oh sorry that is the 360 community for that game.

[quote name='Darknuke']let me guess... you didn't play this around its release? My guess is you played it post 2003-2005 when games looks astronomically better than SC1. Starcraft 1 was not cheap for its time. It's one of the most in depth RTS games to this day (and balanced). It holds no comparison to WC3 as that game improves on every aspect of SC, but for its time, it was an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

I was going to write a big long rebuttal but its' just not fucking worth it. Here is the short version.
SC1 is balanced?!?
Have you not played a Korean? They ruined the fucking game!
They will require an internet connection to play so they can sell you DLC maps. There will not be any custom maps. Activision will not allow it. Look at MW2. That game has ruined a lot AND sucked.
Nobody really gives two shits about single player campaign. It came out 12 years ago. Most have forgotten what happened.

Koreans ruined the game.
Kotick eats babies.

Blizzard has said they have high standards for the premium maps so it's not like we're going to be flooded with crap. The original starcraft had a lot more garbage custom maps than good ones. If a few dollars here and there is enough to get us better maps then why not?

[quote name='Frogurt.man']I was going to write a big long rebuttal but its' just not fucking worth it. Here is the short version.
SC1 is balanced?!?
Have you not played a Korean? They ruined the fucking game!
They will require an internet connection to play so they can sell you DLC maps. There will not be any custom maps. Activision will not allow it. Look at MW2. That game has ruined a lot AND sucked.
Nobody really gives two shits about single player campaign. It came out 12 years ago. Most have forgotten what happened.

Koreans ruined the game.
Kotick eats babies.[/QUOTE]

Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean the game is broken.

Starcraft is recognized as the most balanced RTS out there, and for that reason it is also a huge eSport.

bread's done
Back