Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition $99.99

Darknuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
"Make some room in your collection, as Blizzard Entertainment has revealed StarCraft II Collector's Edition, and you're going to want it.

Retailing for $99.99, the collector's edition comes packed with goodies, including:

The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
If you're not one for all the extras, you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99. Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks.""

http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-announces-starcraft-ii-collector-s-edition-170358.phtml

Not really a deal per say... But considering blizzard collectors editions have almost ALWAYS sold for over retail after selling out (except WotLK), this might be a good investment. I know I'm getting it purely because I'm a diehard Starcraft fan, but just throwing it out there.

Get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA0J6/ref=pd_1ctyhuc__sbs_01_01

http://news.bigdownload.com/photos/s...77525/#2877527

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy this, but it's too late for me. I'd need to buy a whole new PC setup. So I'm going to just wait it out. Although I would love to play it.

And wow at the reg being 60$,
And it's funny what time does. The 2gb stick has the original and brood war on it. lol

[quote name='Frogurt.man']I was going to write a big long rebuttal but its' just not fucking worth it. Here is the short version.
SC1 is balanced?!?
Have you not played a Korean? They ruined the fucking game!
They will require an internet connection to play so they can sell you DLC maps. There will not be any custom maps. Activision will not allow it. Look at MW2. That game has ruined a lot AND sucked.
Nobody really gives two shits about single player campaign. It came out 12 years ago. Most have forgotten what happened.

Koreans ruined the game.
Kotick eats babies.[/QUOTE]

Hey man did you make your own tin foil hat or did you buy it?

Pretty shitty for $100, but almost all CE are. If I do buy this I'll sell off most of the crap. I think there will be so many copies of this though that it will eventually be available for a reduced price.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Glad to see the $60 PC game becoming standard. I think that will push me to buy more games..

...during Steam sales.[/QUOTE]

That's all I buy now ahahah fuckfull price.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean the game is broken.

Starcraft is recognized as the most balanced RTS out there, and for that reason it is also a huge eSport.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess have fun with the most balanced RTS out there that is also a huge eSport(In another country) while you get steamrolled by another Korean who plays the game as his day job. That's $60 well spent.

[quote name='Electro']Hey man did you make your own tin foil hat or did you buy it?[/QUOTE]

I made it duh! Sure the store bought ones protect against the government satellites but they do nothing against the alien mind waves.

Put down the money on it as soon as it was available via Amazon for the CE.

SC 2 has been rumored to be $60 for a long time now (that was the original GS listing for it, IIRC) and since Activision proved with MW 2 that price point sticks, they slapped SC 2 with that price.

It sucks, but there isn't anything we can do. I've learned that over the last few months, watching all the various boycotts on Activision and Ubisoft fail pretty badly.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Well I guess have fun with the most balanced RTS out there that is also a huge eSport(In another country) while you get steamrolled by another Korean who plays the game as his day job. That's $60 well spent.

I made it duh! Sure the store bought ones protect against the government satellites but they do nothing against the alien mind waves.[/QUOTE]

It amuses me that this guy thinks only Koreans play StarCraft. It's pretty obvious he has never played it himself.

[quote name='Warlock82']It amuses me that this guy thinks only Koreans play StarCraft. It's pretty obvious he has never played it himself.[/QUOTE]

Small minds are easily amused. Still rocking your N64 version?

i see you all have learned your lesson from the COD Modern warfare 2 debacle. If people don't blink at paying this much now, what is to keep publishers from continuing to gouge everybody. Granted it is a Blizzard game but is is ONE CAMPAIGN and all the extras ( with the exception of the flash drive) can be easily obtained by other means such as youtube or similar. Also, Blizzard is SO ESTABLISHED now compared to ten years ago. There will be a glut on the market and these will be marked down pretty quickly. Remember the HALO Special edition with the helmet. Everyone thought that was special too, well, you can find that for about 20 bucks if you look because the stores want to clear the retail space. You also see this with call of Duty MW 2. You can find the 360 version for under 40 bucks now.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Small minds are easily amused. Still rocking your N64 version?[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean? Because I'm not a moron and believe every single person online is a Korean, I play the N64 version? Here's a hint - get some friends to play with/against! *gasp!* Or maybe just don't join games that have titles written in broken English and foreign characters? That helps too!

By the way, Battle.net is region locked in StarCraft 2 - no Koreans on the US servers. It also features a significant matchmaking system that pairs you with opponents of similar skill level. But way to completely make up crap and look like an ass.

[quote name='djricekcn']I preordered this with this offer but it still comes up to 92 dollars for me, stupid 10.25% tax[/QUOTE]

I also have 10.25% tax and got it for $82.35...

I got charged 79.99 + 4.85 shipping even though I chose Super Saver then the tax = about 92 dollars. I tried using the other code for .99 cent item but it didn't work for me, said something like it wasn't available for my region or not available somehting, i forgot what it exactly said.

I was in for mine as soon as I saw my email alert yesterday morning. :mrgreen:

[quote name='philmcfly']I own all the Blizzard Collector's Editions & still do.

Blizzard Games without Collector's Editions
StarCraft[/QUOTE]

Starcraft had 3 "Collectors Special Edition Box(es)". While not explicitly CEs I remember mine came with a swanky note pad with Blizzard branded pages and I think the tech tree chart was in full color. (Memory fails me and I'm at work)

[quote name='Thorgouge']Na, $60 for console games is fucked up too.[/QUOTE]
Not as bad as console prices were in the cartridge days. Most retailed for $50 but I remember paying $100 for Phantasy Star 4 when it was released.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back