Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

I still occasionally watch some HDStarcraft videos but I stopped playing this game when they reset the ranks during Season 1. I remember I worked my way into Diamond literally 3 days before they did the reset, just kinda lost interest after that. I must admit, watching some HOTS videos may get me to start playing again

Just asking sir, In all race of this game what is the greatest race of theme all? :) but for me i love protoss bcoz there have a good defence state. :))
imgres

[quote name='aspanrafael']Just asking sir, In all race of this game what is the greatest race of theme all? :) but for me i love protoss bcoz there have a good defence state. :))
imgres
[/QUOTE]

Protoss would be the easiest to learn and play followed by Zerg.

Protoss are easiest to learn. Terran have the best mid-game units. Zerg easily have the best late-game.

EDIT: To clarify!

Protoss macro mechanics (economic management and unit production) are fairly easy to wrap your head around. Terran infantry are absurdly maneuverable, versatile, and powerful, but don't have much staying power as the game goes on. Terrans have trouble keeping up with brood-ultra-brood switches from zerg in the late-game, and it's extremely difficult for protoss to break spine-brood-corruptor-infestor walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed this game yesterday after buying it a few weeks ago from that 9.99 PC game sale at TRU......... wow this is a great game...........better than CNC4! :D

[quote name='Draekon']Looks like Heart of the Swarm has a release date of March 12th, 2013.[/QUOTE]
OMG, right? Just found out myself. The StarCraft II: Southerners in Space CE was well worth it, so definitely picking up the one for StarCraft II: Zombie Space Insects.

Man, I was somewhat annoyed blizz never sent me a beta inv for hots. Now amazon is handing it out like candy.

Got 2 codes since i also just recently preordered the CE.

-___-

Oh, that was a beta key?! Amazon's been bugging me lately with emails about other promotional credits, so I thought this was one of those. Good thing I didn't delete it, then :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaKL2eBQSYo

Thousands of years ago the Mayans plotted a calendar that spanned countless generations to come. A calendar which predicted that one day the world would end. Scholars of today claim that day is to be the 21st of December, 2012.

Recent studies and research have brought to light a startling new understanding of the Mayan calendar. It is not the end of the world that is upon us within months, but the end of Wings of Liberty.

End of Liberty Banner (spoilered for huge!)

main.jpg

Brought to you by the team behind the Rumble in the Bronze events of the past two years, and hosted by Gameheart, "The End of Liberty" is a charity fundraiser event raising money for the Child’s Play charity through a collection of exciting show matches, custom games, and general Starcraft 2 shenanigans. The aim of this event is to provide the community with some entertainment during the holiday season, and to promote the wonderful work that the Child’s Play charity does, especially around this time of year. Last year our event raised over $18,000, and with your help, we can top that this year.

Casting the event will be Evil Genusis' Geoff ‘iNcontrol’ Robinson and Australian Shawn ‘Seguer’ Murphy. The duo will be accompanied by a cohort of other well known Starcraft 2 players, including, but not limited to:

mTw.Dimaga
iSAxslav
Liquid'TLO

And, as always, there will be a selection of more… ‘casual’ players joining the pros for some fun and games!

The End of Liberty takes place on the 16th of December between 4PM and 10PM EST with a short pre-show beforehand.

So with the end of the world looming, and the end of Wings of Liberty just a handful of months away, why not spend some of the precious few hours left with your fellow gamers, and help out some children who could use some fun in their lives during this time of the year?

For information about Child’s Play you can visit their website or watch this video for some behind-the-scenes information.

You can find further information over the coming weeks up til the event at our website or twitter, and this thread will be updated as additional information is released.

Twitter: @TeamGameHeart

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']Cool, man. Big fan of Rumble in the Bronze.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I was involved with both events, and last year's especially had some crazy donations coming in. We're (hopefully) much better prepared this year and will have even more pros and joes to entertain us all.

Yeah, it's meant to run in front of our event. And considering the end of eSports is almost upon us....we probably should have made it shorter. :D

Here's a taste of our schedule of events:

Segment 1 - Intro Matches - TLO and Dimaga
Segment 2 - Pros and Joes - TLO and Dimaga
Segment 3 - ImbaCraft - Axslav vs the Imba Imba World!
Segment 4 - Main Event - Top Secret! Tune in to find out!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Just installed this game yesterday after buying it a few weeks ago from that 9.99 PC game sale at TRU......... wow this is a great game...........better than CNC4! :D[/QUOTE]
The single player campaign is really good. I'd avoid playing multiplayer. It's impossibly hard. If you do try it, expect to play against master's league players that have purposely lost to beat bronze players. The multiplayer is a fucking joke. People claim that the matchmaking is good but IMO it's terrible.

I got the game when it came out then quit playing multiplayer after a few months. A year later I went back, got into bronze league as I was very rusty. Then what happens? Nearly every goddamn match pits me against players that have masters and diamond league in one of their rankings but bronze in the ranking they're playing me in. It wasn't like this when the game came out. The multiplayer has turned to shit. i tried it again the last week and it was the same garbage.

Beta Balance Update #11 (HotS)

Terran

Barracks
Train Reaper no longer requires a Tech Lab Addon.
Hellbat
Attack speed changed from 1.9 to 2.The Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade no longer increases Hellbat weapon damage.Napalm Spray weapon damage increased from 10 +9 vs. light to 18 +12 vs. light.Splash damage radius decreased from 110 to 45.
Medivac
Caduceus ReactorNo longer improves the healing rate of Medivacs.Upgrade cost decreased from 150/150 and 110 seconds to 100/100 and 80 seconds.Emergency Thrusters ability renamed Ignite Afterburners
Raven
Seeker missile Energy cost decreased from 125 to 75.Primary target damage reverted from 300 to 100.Seeker Missile once again deals splash damage.The delay time prior to firing has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
Reaper
The Battlefield Awareness passive ability has been removed from the game.Movement speed increased from 3.38 to 3.75.The Nitro Packs upgrade has been removed from the game.P-45 Gauss Pistol weapon damage decreased from 4 +9 vs. Light to 4.
Siege Tank
Siege Tanks no longer require an upgrade in order to enter Siege Mode.

Protoss

Mothership
The Vortex ability has been removed from the game.
Mothership Core
The Envision ability has been moved to Oracle.
Oracle
The Time Warp ability has been moved to the Mothership Core and the Mothership.

Zerg

Infestor
Fungal Growth damage decreased from 30 +10 vs. Armored to 30.
Mutalisk
Mutalisk Regeneration passive ability renamed Tissue Regeneration and its tooltip has been updated to improve clarity.

Wow...the heck

[quote name='suko_32']Beta Balance Update #11 (HotS)

Terran

Barracks
Train Reaper no longer requires a Tech Lab Addon.
Hellbat
Attack speed changed from 1.9 to 2.The Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade no longer increases Hellbat weapon damage.Napalm Spray weapon damage increased from 10 +9 vs. light to 18 +12 vs. light.Splash damage radius decreased from 110 to 45.
Medivac
Caduceus ReactorNo longer improves the healing rate of Medivacs.Upgrade cost decreased from 150/150 and 110 seconds to 100/100 and 80 seconds.Emergency Thrusters ability renamed Ignite Afterburners
Raven
Seeker missile Energy cost decreased from 125 to 75.Primary target damage reverted from 300 to 100.Seeker Missile once again deals splash damage.The delay time prior to firing has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
Reaper
The Battlefield Awareness passive ability has been removed from the game.Movement speed increased from 3.38 to 3.75.The Nitro Packs upgrade has been removed from the game.P-45 Gauss Pistol weapon damage decreased from 4 +9 vs. Light to 4.
Siege Tank
Siege Tanks no longer require an upgrade in order to enter Siege Mode.

Protoss

Mothership
The Vortex ability has been removed from the game.
Mothership Core
The Envision ability has been moved to Oracle.
Oracle
The Time Warp ability has been moved to the Mothership Core and the Mothership.

Zerg

Infestor
Fungal Growth damage decreased from 30 +10 vs. Armored to 30.
Mutalisk
Mutalisk Regeneration passive ability renamed Tissue Regeneration and its tooltip has been updated to improve clarity.

Wow...the heck[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?

A roiling mass of contradictory stuff.

1. They don't really know what they want to do with reapers and hellbats (battle hellions).
2. They realized that the medivac upgrade was way too good (now it just increases energy efficiency instead of increasing healing rate) and turning raven seeker missiles into really shitty Yamato cannons was a terrible idea.
3. They keep saying that they want to buff terran mech, but their siege tank change is ridiculous.
4. All the protoss stuff is silly but not a big deal. Time warp wasn't going to stay on oracle without a lot of changes. Shame about the mothership core no longer detecting.
5. fuck fungal growth.

[quote name='j-cart']What does this mean?[/QUOTE]

tl;dr

Blizzard doesn't know what it's doing. Points for experimenting though.

Most of those Terran changes were supposed to address Mech TvP; make it more viable.

i haven't played the beta since a week after i got in it.. it sounds like they keep making the game more and more like Wings of liberty and this expansion won't have much character.

Lame.

Last time I played SC2 was during season 1, I was a diamond player but after they reset the stats I got less motivated to play and quit. Now I think I want to get back in, any good place to relearn builds? Specifically I was a Terran player, any big changes since then that I should know about before jumping back in?

They haven't changed too much, though TvT is a lot more bio-centric than it was back then. Snipe has seen heavy nerfs, though ghosts remain very important in TvP. Zerg rely on infestors heavily these days, though they're starting to get nerfs now. Blue flame hellions took a nerf a while back, but they still see use.

As far as builds go: TL.net.

[quote name='Link927']Last time I played SC2 was during season 1, I was a diamond player but after they reset the stats I got less motivated to play and quit. Now I think I want to get back in, any good place to relearn builds? Specifically I was a Terran player, any big changes since then that I should know about before jumping back in?[/QUOTE]

the big change is that Terran is now the worst race instead of the best. gl hf.

Don't normally watch cinematics from upcoming games, but yeah, it was pretty good. Nice to see the old ultraling in a video. Kinda sucks that, due to the rapidly changing nature of HotS over the past months, they weren't able to include any of the new units (Wings was the same way - I think the only new unit that ever made it into a cinematic was the banshee).

Still not sure what I think of HotS or if I'll get it right away on release.

[quote name='The Crotch']
Still not sure what I think of HotS or if I'll get it right away on release.[/QUOTE]

Stop kidding yourself. You'll get HotS day one.

Hey, hey. I got Wings of Liberty day three, okay?

Because I got out of my work camp three days after the game came out. I literally bought it on the drive back to my province.

I'll fill my need to play HotS and then stop playing when I realize how crappy I am at the game because I cannot do the following:

1. Stop the cheese
2. Forget to scout

Does not need to be separate, both issues can occur at the same time.

searched cag and the last few pages of this thread and didnt see anything. Looking for the best place to preorder hos. The only deal i have seen so far is t he beta code at gamestop. Anyplace offering posters or anything else of note? Thanks.

bread's done
Back