Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread. Also, buy House of the Dead: Overkill

Man what's the deal with zerg vs. air in the original campaign? I need some devourers up inz. I'm having to squish the carriers to death with Hydras.

1: A bit of Starcraft this weekend, probably.
2: The lack of Zerg in the lower left corner of my signature is killing me, but I probably won't redo it. Everything else just worked out too well for me to try again.

[quote name='The Crotch']1: A bit of Starcraft this weekend, probably.
2: The lack of Zerg in the lower left corner of my signature is killing me, but I probably won't redo it. Everything else just worked out too well for me to try again.[/quote]

I'm stuck on call this weekend, so I won't be leaving the house much. I think some 2 on 2 would be fun in SC:BW. Problem is, I seem to want to play earlier than all of you guys.

[quote name='The Crotch']Your habit of going online early is very troubling. You must learn to stay up 'til 2:00 like me.[/quote]

Until very recently, I had to get up for work at 5 am. Now I get to sleep in until an almost respectable 7 am.

I'm on right now, Battle.Chicken. In Channel CAG. turning on Trillian if anyone wants to bug me on that.. i'll have it on the second monitor..

AIM: Battlechicken07

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright ya fuckers, looks like we're going on now. I'll send out the PMs.

EDIT: Great, so Chicken isn't even in there.[/quote]

I was playing a game cause i got isck of waiting.. but you know that since we schooled those guys on LT.

[quote name='The Crotch']No fucking kidding. Those guys were pitiful.[/quote]

Oh common, that was Brilliant.

The zerg got so spooked by a couple of zelots and shield batteries that he quit -- that was beautiful.

The rest of the game, we were just playing with our food.. he had no chance because we had the minerals pinned.

I can't believe that Zerg just gave up like that. He could have tried to hold us for a while and let his ally tech/mass in peace. I've seen players come back and win after their allies were destroyed in a rush thanks to the extra troops/tech they will invariably have at that point.

Also, I got very bored earlier today...

thunderkn0.png

You called down the thunder... now reap the whirlwind!

killalluz5.png

Failure is not an option. Slaughter them all in my name!

You're on too god damn early, man. I don't wanna round people up right now.

Regardless, in the channel.

EDIT: Okay, just realized I'm 12 minutes late. Poop.

Wow. So I'm not a huge RTS guy, but back when I was like 8 me and a bud were absolutely obsessed with StarCraft. I sucked hard, and haven't even finished the game, but I'd write up campaign stories and draw new units and all that crazy obsessed kid stuff. Anyways, it's been forever since I've dusted off my old StarCraft CD and given it a spin.

So I'm a total noob. Don't play RTS's at all... but I started the campaign up again and I've been blasting through it, putting to shame how much I struggled with it back when I was 8.

So anyways, what I'm trying to say is: any room in this here club for a complete nooblet wanting to learn the ropes?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wow. So I'm not a huge RTS guy, but back when I was like 8 me and a bud were absolutely obsessed with StarCraft. I sucked hard, and haven't even finished the game, but I'd write up campaign stories and draw new units and all that crazy obsessed kid stuff. Anyways, it's been forever since I've dusted off my old StarCraft CD and given it a spin.

So I'm a total noob. Don't play RTS's at all... but I started the campaign up again and I've been blasting through it, putting to shame how much I struggled with it back when I was 8.

So anyways, what I'm trying to say is: any room in this here club for a complete nooblet wanting to learn the ropes?[/quote]well if nooblets can join i wanna join too :) i always get pwnd when i try to play online, and instead of helping me learn, everyone just makes fun of me for being a n00b.
its like, no duh, i know im a n00b, i just started playing! :D
so i never really try to play online, cuz im always the first one people pwn

I'm happy to play with people of any skill level, the more the merrier.

I don't like pub games in BW anymore, though, becuase of the prevalance of the mineral hack.

I'm trying to get back into War 3. I think I'm starting to get back up to speed on that.

wow, I just got owned for my first time in like five years on Battle.net.

FFA 8 players on BGH.

It wasn't all that bad, though. I managed to wipe out another terran before a combined Zerg and Toss force seeped through the defenses in my main base. I had managed to neglect vessels and any other zerg-counter units in my eagerness to build up a Terran attack force.

My remaining two expansions weren't enough to survive long, so I gave in. Watching all my expensive BC's fall to a swarm of miserable cheap hydralisks is the most depressing feeling ever.

In other news: I beat two comps today. I was very impressed with myself, as back when I used to play (at the age of 8, 9), I could barely beat one.

I also just finished the Zerg campaign... in like an hour and a half. Took me SO much longer first time through way back when.

My Battle.net name is PyroGamer, add me if you have the patience to deal with a noob.

[quote name='PyroGamer']
I also just finished the Zerg campaign... in like an hour and a half. Took me SO much longer first time through way back when.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. Really? The whole thing or just the last mission?

I take it you were just going straight to the mission objectives if it was the entire campaign. When I played it (just recently) I couldn't resist taking out most of the enemy forces, since they're sitting ducks for the most part.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Wow. Really? The whole thing or just the last mission?[/quote]Last mission took me ~15 minutes. Figured I needed some practice with my micro, squeezing the crystal drone into the beacon while dragoons swarm around. Definitely makes the game more exciting. The computer uses their templars so poorly, there's no reason to worry about streaming in 'lings in true zerg form. And with the 1000 gas pool I was able to tech up to a hive, and upgrade my 'lings without a single extractor.

To be fair the time I gave was just total time, not the time I spent whittling away on one mission before realizing you have to commit your units early and restarting.

I take it you were just going straight to the mission objectives if it was the entire campaign.
Yes.
When I played it (just recently) I couldn't resist taking out most of the enemy forces, since they're sitting ducks for the most part.
Exactly why I don't take them all out. After playing that big push level (whatever terran level you get nukes on), I decided never again to take out every single building unless I'm absolutely forced to, by the mission objectives.

In fact, on the last terran level I went straight for a 12 cloaked wraith slip on the cannon.

Shit, sorry guys - haven't been around due to technical difficulties. Pyro and Game are always welcome to join - especially the former, 'cause his custom user title is also the name of a particularly awesome DOA song. Make sure you guys are on USWest. I'm always up for a non-Darren-related challenge. Maybe an "X" Vs Me some time soon? Likely not this weekend - my brothers are coming home, so the next few days are dedicated solely to Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Mario Party.

Much to BattleChicken's chagrin, we're usually on late on weekends. 10:30 PM Central time is generally the earliest we start. Again, though, you shouldn't expect to get (m)any games of SC in for a while.

Recall!

My main computer's gonna be down for some time, so don't expect any SC for the next couple of weeks. You guys can build up Science Vessel energy and merge Archons while you wait.

hey guys.. long time no starcraft. is anyone using a no cd crack for starcraft? i've tried a few of them from game copy world and have had no luck. i'm running vista though... anyways hope to get a game going sometime soon. also, did darren ever play ikai? and if they did, who won?

yeah so it went like this: way back when we played a best of 3. He won 2-1. But it's double elimination so there's another series. But he said he was tired so he didn't want to play the next series right then and there

that's right, but that was during the winner's bracket

we played again with me being winner of winner's bracket and him being the winner of the loser's bracket

bread's done
Back