Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'll host a Defense Grid group so long as it's as simple as I think it is - give people my PayPal address and they give me their Steam name, right?[/QUOTE]

It may be easier to just have them give you their email address. That way you don't have to wait for them to accept your friend invite, then send.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'll host a Defense Grid group so long as it's as simple as I think it is - give people my PayPal address and they give me their Steam name, right?[/QUOTE]

You can also ask for an email address in case they don't have/want to give their Steam name.

Thinking about doing an audiosurf pack....

Ok, i bit. I have 8 copies available. PM the number of copies and the email address(es) you want them sent to. I'll send where to send the money to (via paypal). $1.66 a copy (20/12 = 1.66).

Sold 5 copies, 3 copies left.

OK, then I've started a Defense Grid group. Taking PM's now. Will update post when all spots are gone. And make it snappy, I just pulled my turkey out of the oven!

Not sure how people will feel about this, but could we make a thread that's dedicated to setting up groups for these Steam gift packs? Just to reduce the amount of bloat and so people don't have to scroll through 20+ posts in a row if they're only interested in discussing the deals/games and not getting in on a group.

(I would do this myself, but I work night shifts and am sleeping when the daily deals switch over. I'm just throwing the idea out there.)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Not sure how people will feel about this, but could we make a thread that's dedicated to setting up groups for these Steam gift packs? Just to reduce the amount of bloat and so people don't have to scroll through 20+ posts in a row if they're only interested in discussing the deals/games and not getting in on a group.

(I would do this myself, but I work night shifts and am sleeping when the daily deals switch over. I'm just throwing the idea out there.)[/QUOTE]

I agree on this notion.

SD has a wiki which is mighty convenient for these group buys. A separate thread would (should?) help organize all the groups instead of shifting through posts to see who you have to pm to get on the list.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Not sure how people will feel about this, but could we make a thread that's dedicated to setting up groups for these Steam gift packs? Just to reduce the amount of bloat and so people don't have to scroll through 20+ posts in a row if they're only interested in discussing the deals/games and not getting in on a group.

(I would do this myself, but I work night shifts and am sleeping when the daily deals switch over. I'm just throwing the idea out there.)[/QUOTE]
That's what the Master Trade Lists forum is for.

Also, I'm looking for a PQ2 group.

[quote name='Lithos']I apologize for the bump, but I can't post in that section and there is no thread for audiosurf. I still have 1 copy left for those interested (1.66 a piece).[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a PM.

i would love this as well. a made my account about 2 months ago and still cant post on that master trade page, other wise i would be taking names for the DoW II pack

if that pack happens to be tomorrow, ill be the happiest person in the world

Starting up a new group for PQ2 in the Master Trade List section. Sent a PM if you want in. If I get close enough to 10 I'll buy a pack and distribute.

Edit: All gone. Thanks everyone!

I was thinking about getting Kane & Lynch 2 for $5 but keep hearing nothing but bad things about it. Even for $5 I think I'm going to pass on that. DeathSpank, was really hoping it would be more of a discount. Not a bad deal but I think I'll wait to see if it drops some more.

I love these group buys and can't wait to see which we get tomorrow. I do think I'm not going to run two of them at the same time at the start of the new deals tomorrow. Wasn't hard but wow did messages and everything get flying quickly.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Got the Indie Story pack. Couldn't resist all that goodness for only $4.99.[/QUOTE]

The problem with these indie packs is that, if you are a big indie game buyer like I am, you typically already have three or four of the five games (how many copies of Gish or AYIM do I need?)

Does anyone know if individual games in a pack are giftable? Or do you have to gift the whole pack?

(Yes, I realize it's only $5, just curious...)

[quote name='seamoss']The problem with these indie packs is that, if you are a big indie game buyer like I am, you typically already have three or four of the five games (how many copies of Gish or AYIM do I need?)

Does anyone know if individual games in a pack are giftable? Or do you have to gift the whole pack?

(Yes, I realize it's only $5, just curious...)[/QUOTE]

I bought the pack thinking I'd get an extra copy of Gish because I already own it Steam, but nope. It just says you'll get the other 4 games and no giftable copy of Gish. Kinda lame, but it was worth $5 for Recettear anyways.

I am going to repost this just to make sure people take notice:

So whichever one of you stupid assholes copy-pasted my post from page 13 onto the official goddamned Steam forums, cut that shit out. That was a very, very stupid mistake. This stuff (deal spoilers, and the "unannounced coming soon" stuff I post in the regular Steam thread here on CAG) needs to stay on CAG, or I'm not going to be able to do it anymore. If nothing else, at LEAST don't post it on the official goddamned Steam forums, where it will obviously attract Valve's attention, and could well lead to this info being cut off for good.

This is your notice. If someone feels the need to earn some e-cred by copy-pasting my lists, please do it ANYWHERE other than the official Steam forums, where it will obviously attract the wrong kind of attention.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I am going to repost this just to make sure people take notice

Quote:
So whichever one of you stupid assholes copy-pasted my post from page 13 onto the official goddamned Steam forums, cut that shit out. That was a very, very stupid mistake. This stuff (deal spoilers, and the "unannounced coming soon" stuff I post in the regular Steam thread here on CAG) needs to stay on CAG, or I'm not going to be able to do it anymore. If nothing else, at LEAST don't post it on the official goddamned Steam forums, where it will obviously attract Valve's attention, and could well lead to this info being cut off for good.

This is your notice. If someone feels the need to earn some e-cred by copy-pasting my lists, please do it ANYWHERE other than the official Steam forums, where it will obviously attract the wrong kind of attention.

:[/QUOTE]
Thought it would be good to make sure this is repeated often

Got to sink 2 hours in to Recettear today due to traveling. I love the simplicity of the game and the cute humor in it. Absolutely a steal for $5, it is like getting the other 4 games free.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I am going to repost this just to make sure people take notice:[/QUOTE]

Damn, seriously? Always one idiot that spoils it for the rest of us.

Love the Indie Story Pack. It's boss. :cool:

Ok, sorry for the repost guys, but I still need in a L4D2 group. I would start one myself but I'm spotty in front of the computer with Black Friday shopping and couldn't spend the time to orchestrate, just follow. Please PM me if you are starting a group or have a spot.

EDIT: Ok, I'd like in a L4D2 pack from someone that DIDN'T create their CAG account today please. VVVVV

I would like the left for dead 2 pack its 6 copies for 25$

so its like 4.20 or soemthing a copy I need 5 more people plz post if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back