Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bonobos']Already got 100% achievement though. But for the sake of the price I bought it with the last GTA: San Andreas deal on steam as a gift :D
By the way, today deal on Steam seems not any good at all. Can't wait for their summer sale. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind the GOTY edition has a separate set of achievements from the original edition, if that matters to you.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Fingers cross for Summer sale starting tomorrow

what im hoping for
Magicka 75% off
Terraria 50% off
Metro 2033 75% off
Dead Rising 2 80% off[/QUOTE]

8 Bucks for Dead Rising 2 :O I'd have to jump on a deal like that.
5 bucks for Terraria would be awesome too.

I'm hoping for
75% off Witcher 2 and Fable 3
75% off FEAR 3 (it's possible! :p)
66% off Alice

Since it's ultimately the publishers that decide the price, I have a feeling that the Steam Summer Sale will have a lot of similar sales on titles that have been discounted on D2D, Gamersgate, GMG, and Amazon that last couple weeks.

Expect to see Magika + DLC's, Ubi Games, Rockstar Games, possibly EA games due to D2D's recent sale (except Crysis 2).

This is just an educated guess however.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It's 50/50 on when it'll start. The Winter Sales mentioned in the OP started Wednesday/Monday/Monday, in that order; the last summer sale started on a Thursday, if what I've read is correct. So there's precedence for it being on either day.[/QUOTE]

technically it is 1 on 5 (if we're sure it'll start on the weekdays) so it is more of a 20/20/20/20/20 chance :p

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Since it's ultimately the publishers that decide the price, I have a feeling that the Steam Summer Sale will have a lot of similar sales on titles that have been discounted on D2D, Gamersgate, GMG, and Amazon that last couple weeks.

Expect to see Magika + DLC's, Ubi Games, Rockstar Games, possibly EA games due to D2D's recent sale (except Crysis 2).

This is just an educated guess however.[/QUOTE]

Hot Pursuit - $9.99. I NEED IT.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Since it's ultimately the publishers that decide the price, I have a feeling that the Steam Summer Sale will have a lot of similar sales on titles that have been discounted on D2D, Gamersgate, GMG, and Amazon that last couple weeks.

This is just an educated guess however.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought. Add to your list: Square Enix games. Most notably: Just Cause 2, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Lara Croft & Guardians of Light, Bulletstorm. These have all seen big discounts recently on several DD sites.

The only game I am currently really hoping shows up on sale is Amnesia...

Outside of that, I know I will drop some cash on other games as well

I really hope Mirror's Edge goes on sale for $5 or less and Borderlands: GoTY goes on sale for less than $10. That's pretty much all I want.

Edit: Oh and I hope Section 9: Prejudice goes on sale too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I really hope Mirror's Edge goes on sale for $5 or less and Borderlands: GoTY goes on sale for less than $10. That's pretty much all I want.[/QUOTE]

I'd grab Mirror's Edge off of Origin right now with the coupon FIFTYOFF if I were you. If you ever want tot get the DLC for ME, you can't get it on the Steam copy. It's quite silly.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'd grab Mirror's Edge off of Origin right now with the coupon FIFTYOFF if I were you. If you ever want tot get the DLC for ME, you can't get it on the Steam copy. It's quite silly.[/QUOTE] I tried inputting that coupon for Mirror's Edge. It wouldn't work. $10 for Mirror's Edge isn't that great either. I've seen it on Steam for $5 before. If I wanted to buy it at $10 I could buy it from Amazon's digital crapfest and redeem the key on Origin. I'm going to wait and see if Steam has it for less than $10.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I tried inputting that coupon for Mirror's Edge. It wouldn't work. $10 for Mirror's Edge isn't that great either. I've seen it on Steam for $5 before. If I wanted to buy it at $10 I could buy it from Amazon's digital crapfest and redeem the key on Origin. I'm going to wait and see if Steam has it for less than $10.[/QUOTE]

Through silly EA Store shenanigans I think it was possible to get it for free last winter, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='helmet']Through silly EA Store shenanigans I think it was possible to get it for free last winter, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

'Twas, it's sitting on my account. Still waiting for the DLC to go on sale, but I might just bite for $5. It's so damn aesthetically pleasing.

[quote name='helmet']Through silly EA Store shenanigans I think it was possible to get it for free last winter, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

It was, and I did! On 12/29/10, I got BFBC2:Vietnam for $5.00 and Mirror's Edge for $0.00 from the EA store (now Origin). \\:D/

Mirror's Edge was fun and attractive, although the gameplay is uneven.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Sooo tempted too! Come on Steam match this at least![/QUOTE]

Sanctum is Steamworks, so unless you just only have funds in your Steam Wallet if you buy it elsewhere on sale, you still can (and actually have to) use it on Steam.

[quote name='Corpekata']Sanctum is Steamworks, so unless you just only have funds in your Steam Wallet if you buy it elsewhere on sale, you still can (and actually have to) use it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

its the possibility that its on sale for 75% off in the steam sale thats keeping me from purchasing.

Well I got 90 hours out of STO from when it was 3.75 a month ago. Got fed up. Still pretty buggy for a several year old game. And some random levels seem to be way off in difficulty. Trying to burn through backlog before the summer sale. Maybe this week......

[quote name='6er']Well I got 90 hours out of STO from when it was 3.75 a month ago. Got fed up. Still pretty buggy for a several year old game. And some random levels seem to be way off in difficulty. Trying to burn through backlog before the summer sale. Maybe this week......[/QUOTE]

Well it's only 16 months old, but yeah, your overall point stands.

[quote name='TerboNurd']Does anyone know when the steam summer sale starts?[/QUOTE]

Thats THE question, estimates are around the 30th based on some developer talk and achievement changes.

[quote name='DPsycho']iBomber Defense, 75% off: $1.24
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104000/[/QUOTE]
Finally a decent price! There's a demo if anyone wants to check it out.

I played the demo when the game was released and found it to be a pretty entertaining tower defense game, but it seemed a little simplistic when compared with games like Defense Grid. I did some research and found out it was originally a phone app (which explains everything). $1.24 is fair and I'm going to get it.

[quote name='Pheace']damn, then that's probably the daily, then a midweek madness and again no Summer Sale ;_;[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense at all. The midweek madness last till Thursday, the 30th, which is the day that everything is pointing at the Summer Sale starting.

[quote name='KaOTiK']That makes no sense at all. The midweek madness last till Thursday, the 30th, which is the day that everything is pointing at the Summer Sale starting.[/QUOTE]

Then what part doesn't make sense? I'm talking about today.

And I'm so gonna kill someone if Thursday turns out to be a Free Weekend for Killing Floor because of their personal 'Summer Sale' ... lol

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Sign of Summer Sale staring soon. My moneyz is on thursday.[/QUOTE]

But ... there's no reason there couldn't be a Midweek madness and still have it start on thursday

[quote name='dustdust']iBomber Defense doesn't seem to be 75% off anymore[/QUOTE]

D:

Perhaps it was supposed to be a silent sale, being made ready for the summer sale! :bouncy:

Hmm no midweek madness sale yet....(puts on sandwhich board) Everyone take heed the end of your wallets is all most at hand, Steam's Summer Sale draws nigh, and brings with it a fury of unbeatable prices. Such has not been seen since the last steam sale. Repent all who shop at orgin, gamersgate or D2D. Steams impending sale will surely devasted all thier previous sales.

[quote name='dustdust']iBomber Defense doesn't seem to be 75% off anymore[/QUOTE]

Yay... glad I bought it while it was.

The Specials tab appears to have been purged by more than 50%.

[quote name='Sinsarmor']quote from devolver digital, the creators of the serious sam games -

"This weekend there will be a whole bunch of new Serious Sam HD owners on Steam. Even more on Monday. #SeriousFireworks"

http://twitter.com/#!/devolverdigital

well somethings coming i just hope what ever it is was worth the wait :)[/QUOTE]

Free weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back