Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it officially starting??

"Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.-101

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet."

):

aaand the store page crashed in my mah steam client D:

edit: refreshed and it seems that the sale is rolling out right now. nothing on the sotrefront yet but in the deals and specials page items are being bundled and discounted

Unable to connect to server! Curse you high volume traffic!

On a side note, Blue Toad Murder Files sale ends 264 hours (11 days) from now..

valve complete includes Portal 2 for only 50 bucks
Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2

[quote name='dustdust']Unable to connect to server! Curse you high volume traffic!

On a side note, Blue Toad Murder Files sale ends 264 hours (11 days) from now..[/QUOTE]

:O
THEY JUST SOLD OUT OF EVERY KEY JUST LIKE THE PREY INCIDENT

(j/king) :p

[quote name='scarhawk']Gimme 66% of Guild Wars Trilogy D:[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over that!

And Wow, the Valve Complete Pack for 50 bucks? With Portal 2? Steal of the Season, at the least.

I think BC2 + Vietnam were $7.50 during the winter sale, so I'd wait on that.
It's probably too soon, but I'm hoping for a Terraria deal.

I also think they accidentally posted the Valve Complete Pack twice because one is Lost Coast which is free itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
VX4SQ.png

264 hours?! Oh, my.

That's really strange. Just caught SSF4AE for $26. I don't think I've ever seen pre-orders go on sale during these events. o_O

So uh Valve. If we're cutting pre-order prices too. . . . .
Human Revolution? Huh? Please? Plllleeeeeeease? ;o;

YETMOREEDITS-
WTF. Legendary hasn't had a price cut at all in either of the last two sales. I want to get that damn (awful) game on Steam already. >

Weird, the daily deal changed from Blue Toad to Peggle. Guess it is part of them updating the site for the summer sale. All kinds of crazy going on

The Longest Journey 75% off for $2.50!!!

Awesome adventure game! Been waiting for a sale to add it to my steam collection.

Jamestown is 33% off too...

[quote name='sp8001']The Longest Journey 75% off for $2.50!!!

Awesome adventure game! Been waiting for a sale to add it to my steam collection.

Jamestown is 33% off too...[/QUOTE]

Thats exciting! I've been waiting a couple years for this to go on sale on steam. :D

[quote name='sp8001']The Longest Journey 75% off for $2.50!!!

[/QUOTE]

That game looks really awesome. Downloading the demo to check it out.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What'd I doooo? Love meeeee!

;)[/QUOTE]

I find the older I get the more I care for casual games too. I am an almost 29 year old man with tattoos from hardcore franchises like Suikoden and Planescape Torment....yet nowdays I am more excited for a sale on something like Terraria or a Rayman game then I would be for Portal 2 or Farcry.

So much that isn't indie or a pack is 33% off. Everything Square Enix has is only 33% off and is disappointing thus far because so much of it has been lower before.

[quote name='Genocidal']http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8675/

Paradox Fantasy pack, 8 bucks. A steal.[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about Elven Legacy but it looks like something I could enjoy. That being said I don't think I could say no if it was just all of Majesty for 8 bucks :bouncy:

[quote name='Kaltic']So much that isn't indie or a pack is 33% off. Everything Square Enix has is only 33% off and is disappointing thus far because so much of it has been lower before.[/QUOTE]

Was really hoping for a 66-75% on Dawn of War 2. I feel your pain =/

[quote name='shosh']elder scrolls oblivion goty at 6.80 is cheap right? is that game any good?[/QUOTE]
WAY Worth the $7. Hell it's worth a full $50.

Hopefully Terrarria gets on sale for under $5. I got a friend who might want it, and if it's under $5 I might just buy it for her to play with us.

Seems like everything is ranging from 25% to 66%, depending on the popularity/age of the games. Haven't seen those "one-day" specials yet. The anticipation is too much!

[quote name='MSI Magus']I find the older I get the more I care for casual games too. I am an almost 29 year old man with tattoos from hardcore franchises like Suikoden and Planescape Torment....yet nowdays I am more excited for a sale on something like Terraria or a Rayman game then I would be for Portal 2 or Farcry.[/QUOTE]

You're my new best friend.

[quote name='shosh']elder scrolls oblivion goty at 6.80 is cheap right? is that game any good?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

Kinda a big deal.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion

Absolutely. Tons of good mods also. I've played it on PC and 360 and am tempted to get it on Steam at that price for GOTY.

The discount goes up to 43% for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade (Preorder) if you own Street Fighter IV on Steam, down to $22.79.

So tempted...

Also, Dawn of War 2 Retribution is 50% off, down to $14.99

I either have the unluckiest wishlist or something. 2 out of the 7 aren't on sale (Dirt 2 not on sale????????????) and nothing is below 33% off on it. Hell Dragon Age Ultimate isn't even on sale. I hope some of this stuff goes lower in a daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back