Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Audiosurf
Call of Duty 4
Darksiders
Dead Space 2
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition
Elder Scrolls IV GOTY DE
Fallout 3 GOTY
Far Cry
Mafia
Magiska
Portal 2 - The Final Hours (the book, I already have the game)
STALKER: Clear Sky
Terraria
Torchlight
Trine

$85.96

More than I had but I'm pleased. I might pick up one or two tomorrow but it's unlikely.

Audiosurf
Call of Duty 4
Darksiders
Dead Space 2
Elder Scrolls IV GOTY DE
Fallout 3 GOTY
Far Cry
Mafia
Magiska
Terraria
Torchlight
Trine

$85.96

More than I had planned but I'm pleased. I might pick up one or two tomorrow but it's unlikely.

Lol, and everyone bashed me earlier for being upset a possibly over-spending $2.50. :p See what happens? (Terraria) This is CAG folks. Get used to it.

[quote name='aus_nacht']again. Any thoughts on Dead Space 2? My price point was 10 but I'd pay 15 if it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is a no-brainer at $15 imo. Heck, I contemplated double-dipping on it, but decided to just stick with my PS3 copy. One of the best games this year so far imo.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I havent bought anything. Might grab something on the recap like Bioshock 1 or Singularity. I kinda wish I would have grabbed some games but I probably wont get to them.

Anyone suggestions on which Hitman to get between the 2nd and Blood Money. Ive played them very little so I cant really say which to get. Think I might just grab one of them.

Thats a nice price on Dead Space 2 tho.[/QUOTE]

I've played them all. Blood Money is my favorite but the 2nd has some great environments. Blood Money was just a bit more polished and clean. One had some bugs but it was still fun.

If you like one you will probably like them all. If you don't like one you will probably not like any.

I didn't realize the first Dragon Age was on sale when DA2 was, or I would have been all over that. Oh well!

My haul:
Dawn of War II Retribution (the main thing I wanted) - $14.99
Borderlands Claptrap DLC - $2.49
King's Bounty Armored Princess & Crossworlds - $5.99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $3.74
Worms Reloaded - $4.25

Total $28.97, not bad at all! Heh, I think my wife outdid me on this sale.

[quote name='jab1235']yea it was a franchise sale, I think the whole pack was $7ish. Lets just hope it goes on sale again tomorrow because i decided i wanted it litteraly a minute to late.[/QUOTE]

I think you're referring to King's Bounty, not King's Quest. Two COMPLETELY different series. I almost had a heart attack, because I've been waiting for King's Quest to drop below $10, and I've yet to EVER see it happen. Was worried I'd some how missed, but I can't find any evidence for it, whereas I know King's Bounty was right around the $7 mark.

[quote name='argyle']Dead Space 2 is a no-brainer at $15 imo. Heck, I contemplated double-dipping on it, but decided to just stick with my PS3 copy. One of the best games this year so far imo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I jumped on it. I'd rather have it now than wait until fall and same 2-5 more dollars. 6 months for 45 off is more than fair.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm strongly considering Penny Arcade pack, Fate of the World, Civ 3 complete, Time Gentlemen, Please, and maybe Osmos. Also on the lookout for any other cheap games that people recommend. I'm also really hoping for a repeat on either/or the Oblivion pack and Dragon Age pack.[/QUOTE]
How's civ 3 complete? I've never played a civ game except revolution but they do look interesting to me.

[quote name='INCyr']I think you're referring to King's Bounty, not King's Quest. Two COMPLETELY different series. I almost had a heart attack, because I've been waiting for King's Quest to drop below $10, and I've yet to EVER see it happen. Was worried I'd some how missed, but I can't find any evidence for it, whereas I know King's Bounty was right around the $7 mark.[/QUOTE]
Oops, yea that's exactly what i ment, sorry for the confusion :p

[quote name='The End']We're getting close to the time where we can all safely cash in our tickets without fear that they'll add something that we'd rather have spent the tickets on. So how many tickets have people got, and what are you looking to get?

I've got 16 tickets (with a few easy ones within reach if I want them). As for what I'll get, I'm not sure yet. I'm still trying to figure out what prizes are exclusive to the summer prize booth. That is, besides the portal 2 snorkels and the Team Fortress 2 shades. Is there any list anywhere that'll tell me that?

Assuming that nothing else is exclusive, I think I'll grab Alien Breed 2: Assault & the X3: Terran Conflict & SpaceChem mission packs.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently sitting on 17 tickets, with 2 more possible + whatever they throw at us tomorrow. I've already picked up the DLC for Fate of the World, Zombie Driver & SpaceChem. Trying to debate between the following:

DOWII: Retribution - Blood Raven Helmet
Delve Deepers - Map Pack
Magicka - Map
Beat Hazard - Gold Ship
TF2 - Shades
Portal 2 - Snorkels
Alien Breed 2

At this point, it's really a question of which do I want least, but really, I'm more getting ANY of them just to spend the tickets.

DOWII: Retribution - I don't actually own... yet. Plus I've heard the helmet's not that great.
Delve Deeper - I don't actually own... yet.
Magicka - I own, but I'm not likely to play much MP. More of a single player or Co-Op gamer.
Beat Hazard, TF2, Portal 2 - Not a huge fan of Cosmetic stuff. Prefer things that actually contribute to new gameplay.
Alien Breed 2 - looks... alright. I mean, I guess it's a free game, but I'm sitting on ~100 games in my steam catalogue, and I only just started my account a year ago.

I think my leading contender to drop is the DOWII helmet. But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I've been pondering this for DAYS.

I have *ONE* copy of Terraria left.

I can't match the $2.50 deal, unfortunately. But I can do $3.75 gifted to my Paypal account. I will send the game immediately upon receiving payment.

First person to quote this and PM me gets it.
smile.gif
FYI, though, I have posted this offer on other boards, too.

[quote name='INCyr']I think you're referring to King's Bounty, not King's Quest. Two COMPLETELY different series. I almost had a heart attack, because I've been waiting for King's Quest to drop below $10, and I've yet to EVER see it happen. Was worried I'd some how missed, but I can't find any evidence for it, whereas I know King's Bounty was right around the $7 mark.[/QUOTE]

As I recall, I haven't seen KQ on sale the last 8 months or so. Great series. I think the disks are still going for more than 14. Perhaps they're on gog?

My Haul:

Alpha Protocol
Batman Arkham Asylum
Beat Hazard Ultra
Bioshock 2
Bit Trip Beat
Bit Trip Runner
Bully: Scholarship Ed (gift)
Heroes of M&M Pack
Frozen Synapse (gift)
Garshasp the Monster Slayer
Hitman: Blood Money
Just Cause 2 DLC
Mount and Blade Fire and Sword
Sanctum
Singularity
Spectromancer pack
Terraria (gift)
X3 Gold

Approximately $60 total after a quick run through in my head. That's a lot of game for the price of 1 console game. lolz

Have 23 tickets, got the TF2 glasses, portal 2 snorkles, X terran conflict mission, A.I. War expansion, Killing floor skins, and Magicka map.

Eying the Beat Hazard gold ship and Alien breed 2. The game looks meh but after beat hazard I don't own any of the games for the other DLC. (well accept for the DOW II for the helmet, but I already got the space marines bonus gear so its not needed)

[quote name='DesertLeo']that's what I was wondering! Shit, I waited to get home to buy it. Guess that was a mistake.....[/QUOTE]

I didn't have much of a choice, since I didn't get home until now. I'm pretty bummed about it, but I was kinda shocked that it was 75% off in the first place.

So, until a deal on PAM group buy comes through:

Horde $2.25
Magicka (which I still can't get running on my computer) $2.55
Tropico 3: Absolute Power Expansion $2.49
King Arthur: The Druids DLC $1.49
Toki Tori $1.24

Total: $10.03

Sense a trend here? I have so many games that unless something was really cheap, I wasn't going to go forward with a sale. It is why Terreria is a no deal at the current price, even if it is a good deal. It has to be an outstanding deal to compete with the backlog I currently have of games.

As for tickets, I'm up to 13 and I'm not quite done yet. So far, I've claimed Magicka and Defense Grid DLC, probably will claim Delve Deeper and Guardians of Graxia and maybe Zombie Driver, Dwarfs!? or Portal 2.

6.79 USD Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
10.20 USD Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
4.50 USD King Arthur Collection
14.99 USD Guild Wars: Trilogy
4.99 USD Jamestown
2.49 USD Company of Heroes
3.75 USD Sanctum
6.80 USD Mass Effect
10.19 USD Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
4.99 USD Amnesa: The Dark Descent
6.80 USD Mass Effect 2
2.49 USD Guardians of Graxia
2.49 USD Terraria
2.49 USD Hitman: Blood Money

So, $84. And I also bought Fallout: New Vegas from Best Buy for $40 which I activated on Steam. But that's a lot of gaming for the money. I missed Oblivion and Borderlands on the first day so I may pick them up if there is a repeat. I actually own them already but not the included DLC and I would like to have them on Steam.

I think I have 21 tickets. The only thing I bought so far was the Defense Grid DLC maps.

[quote name='doodofdoods']So now that the daily deals are over(besides tomorrow's recap sale), I guess it's time to turn our attention to the games that are on sale but didn't become a daily deal.

Just from memory the Oddbox and the Penny Arcade pack are really sweet deals that people should get if they're at all interested in those games.

What are you guys lookin at buying? What games do you recommend at their current sale prices?[/QUOTE]

Picked up Fate of the World the other day. Haven't actually played it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

The Oddboxx is tempting, as is the Prince of Persia pack. But I really can't justify either, as I think we'll see both at a similar price point, or less, in the future. And my Backlog is HUGE as is, sadly.

If you like Magic: The Gathering, would highly recommend Spectromancer. For $5, you can grab it and the two expansion packs, at 75% off. I've played a bit of it, it's a lot of fun, if you're into that sorta thing.

Machinarium is another that goes on the "if you don't have it, buy it NOW" list.

I'm disappointed Delve Deeper didn't go on sale. Would have been an easy purchase if it had.

Earned 23 tickets so far. Will get another 4 tomorrow once I've bought the games I'm waiting on. Redeemed the tickets on Delve Deeper, Dwarfs?!, Winter Voices, Magicka, Serious Sam, Beat Hazard, and Portal 2 content. Will also grab the TF2 shades and Alien Breed 2. Was as confused as the rest of the GoGraxia owners who couldn't redeem tickets on that only to learn that the added content was a map pack we already owned.

Will post a list of purchases tomorrow when all is said and done.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Audiosurf
Call of Duty 4
Darksiders
Dead Space 2
Elder Scrolls IV GOTY DE
Fallout 3 GOTY
Far Cry
Mafia
Magiska
Terraria
Torchlight
Trine

$85.96

More than I had but I'm pleased. I might pick up one or two tomorrow but it's unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Nice haul! You'll certainly have stuff to play until the Winter Sale.

[quote name='jab1235']Was Dwarfs!? ever on sale or is 4.99 the lowest it's been?[/QUOTE]

It might've been lower the day there was a ticket achievement available for it, but I'm not positive. Most of the indie games have been 50% off when they've been daily deals.

[quote name='jab1235']How's civ 3 complete? I've never played a civ game except revolution but they do look interesting to me.

[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best in the series! I'd say either get civ 4 or 3 if you're interested in giving the series a try. It's going to be a little more complicated then revolution but I feel 3 and 4 are the best in the series. Since you're played revolution you should have a pretty good idea of the basics. Civ 5 is a little bit more like Revolution then the others, but I didn't like it as much as 3 or 4.

my haul (so far...):
sw: kotor - $2.49 (double dip)
sw: empire at war gold - $4.99 (double dip)
bf: bc2 complete - $9.99
king's bounty platinum - $6.99

total: $24.46

still thinking about picking up dead space 2 and might grab company of heroes and/or killing floor if they make the recap tomorrow. all in all, not too bad, especially considering how much play time i should be able to get out of the games i picked up.

as for tickets, i have 15. so far all i've picked up are the tf2 shades. barring new additions i'll probably get the snorkels and alien breed, then close my eyes and click on a couple of other things :)

Dwarfs has been $5 the whole time. I've been looking at it, but the demo for it and a handful of other games crash on load, so I'm not going to waste my money.

[quote name='jab1235']How's civ 3 complete? I've never played a civ game except revolution but they do look interesting to me.
[/QUOTE]

Personally, if you're going to buy an older Civ game I'd buy Civ 4 complete. There's nothing wrong with Civ 3, though, especially if you're trying to save a few bucks. Civ 4 complete is only about $17 more, though, and really I think you get a lot more game for your money.

[quote name='macschwag14']Nice haul! You'll certainly have stuff to play until the Winter Sale.[/QUOTE]

lol ya. I think Dragon Age, Fall Out 3, and Elder Scrolls IV alone would be a full time job between now and December.

Impulsively picked up Terraria when it was $2.50.

Played it for about 30 minutes and I don't get the point. I built a little house, dug a bit, crafted a couple things, and generally have no damn idea what the hell I am doing or even supposed to be doing in the game.

I'll certainly give it some more time, and hopefully it clicks.

[quote name='jimbodan']It's one of the best in the series! I'd say either get civ 4 or 3 if you're interested in giving the series a try. It's going to be a little more complicated then revolution but I feel 3 and 4 are the best in the series. Since you're played revolution you should have a pretty good idea of the basics. Civ 5 is a little bit more like Revolution then the others, but I didn't like it as much as 3 or 4.[/QUOTE]
Thank's i'll deffenitly be picking it up with everythign else tomorrow.

In regards to Dwarfs, I can't try the demo on my normal computer, dunno if i should buy it or not. During the christmas sale i bought Ghost Master on a whim and i can't get it to work, learned my lesson about trying demos after that. I guess i can hold off untill the next sale on Dwarfs.

[quote name='henryVIII']Impulsively picked up Terraria when it was $2.50.

Played it for about 30 minutes and I don't get the point. I built a little house, dug a bit, crafted a couple things, and generally have no damn idea what the hell I am doing or even supposed to be doing in the game.

I'll certainly give it some more time, and hopefully it clicks.[/QUOTE]

It's a basic dungeon crawler with crafting and building as a side attraction (or visa-versa). The official wiki has a good getting started guide as well as a video tutorial to help you on your way. It can be found here: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Terraria_Wiki

Recommending the 2008 PoP.. The first (SoT) was great at its time, I lost interest with the style of the "darker"/"extreme, dude" 2nd game, and haven't played much of my copy of the 3rd. But I absolutely loved the relaunched "PoP".

The lightly cel-shaded graphic style looks terrific, the voice acting is really great (same actor as Uncharted's Drake), and I thought the gameplay was a huge improvement over the previous trilogy. At the time there were lots of pooh-poohs of dumbing down because "you can't die", but that makes no sense. All they did was replace the screen-blank/restart from checkpoint that every game has when you die, with your companion swooping in to catch you and deposit you back to the checkpoint. The acrobatics in the game are very fluid, and kind of turns into a disguised rhythm game in long stretches.

Forgotten Sands was more of a return to the first trilogy's style, with more fighting and wall-running, and worse voice acting / overall polish. To me it was a little disappointing compared to how much I liked the previous entry, felt a little rushed out to line up with the movie.. But I still played through it, it goes pretty quick - I will say the last level is pretty fantastic, and kind of makes the rest of the game worth it.

Not sure if this has been linked here yet but if you still got a buck or two still left in your bank and want to rectify that, there is a great thread on Neogaf with suggestions and recommendations on various cheap indie games you've may have overlooked durring the sale.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436731

Some great titles can be had for $1, most are less then $5.

I just picked up Toki Tori and Zen Bound 2.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Personally, if you're going to buy an older Civ game I'd buy Civ 4 complete. There's nothing wrong with Civ 3, though, especially if you're trying to save a few bucks. Civ 4 complete is only about $17 more, though, and really I think you get a lot more game for your money.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have to absolutely have a Civ game this minute, wait a few months (or worse until the Winter Sale) as Civ 4 complete goes on sale for $6.70ish from time to time. It's a great deal now, but it's an amazing deal for under $7.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Not sure if this has been linked here yet but if you still got a buck or two still left in your bank and want to rectify that, there is a great thread on Neogaf with suggestions and recommendations on various cheap indie games you've may have overlooked durring the sale.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436731

Some great titles can be had for $1, most are less then $5.

I just picked up Toki Tori and Zen Bound 2.[/QUOTE]

Loved the description under Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines:

"JUST GET IT ALREADY" :lol:

Hey, for those of you that pick up P.A.M., make sure you get the free download pack that gives you three more vehicles and one new course.

It's a fun little racer that ranks you by how many points you score, not if you win the race. Also, it works great with the X360 controller. Much of the criticism for this title came from lack of content...today's low price and the additional dlc helps with that complaint, imo.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Loved the description under Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines:

"JUST GET IT ALREADY" :lol:[/QUOTE]
I havn't heard of the game untill recently, is it good or is it just a joke?

Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to play Fallout 3 through my XBL account (on GFWL), but everytime I try to log in, it basically tells me I can't connect. I've already played the the game a couple of times through GFWL, but it just stopped working on me. Anyone here have any suggestions on what to do?

[quote name='jab1235']I havn't heard of the game untill recently, is it good or is it just a joke?[/QUOTE]
It was broken at launch, but some ex-devs/fans have put together unofficial patches which make it awesome. Definitely worth it if you want an excellent RPG with vampires. There are different vampire clans and alliances, so you'll have different experiences as you play different characters. Just hold off on playing a Malkavian until you'll played through at least once. ;)

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I played the demo of Hitman: Blood Money, and it's really good. Anybody know of any deal breakers that would stop me from buying it for $2.50?[/QUOTE]

You can't disguise as a female? :booty:

Buy it. It's a great game. And try to obtain the silent assassin rating on every mission. That makes the game incredibly more interesting to play.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']You can't disguise as a female? :booty:

Buy it. It's a great game. And try to obtain the silent assassin rating on every mission. That makes the game incredibly more interesting to play.[/QUOTE] Bought. Thanks. Though disappointed by the lack of female disguises.

Edit: Games I have purchased so far:
Torchlight (I don't like dungeon crawlers, but for some reason I really like this game)
Frozen Synapse (amazing game, brilliant)
Terraria (2D Minecraft, what's not to like?)
Hitman: Blood Money (enjoyed the demo, I'm sure I'll enjoy the full game)

World in Conflict on D2D (fantastic RTS!)

We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmdragon']I had about 10 items in steam before the sale. I now have 59 :\[/QUOTE]

I had 2 games before the sale. I now have 16 at the cost of around $30. By the end of tomorrow I'll probably have around 25 games.

This sale has opened up a side of gaming that terrifies my addictive personality- collecting games.

I've seen some people's game library and I'm thoroughly terrified. 300+:shock:

I'll be happy with recaps tomorrow. I've been following the sale daily, so I haven't missed anything I wanted. I'll be happy if I can ignore the dailys tomorrow and just get the few indie games on my wishlist that didn't go on sale.

Or hey, they can discount the games I want. Personally, I was surprised Winter Voices never went on sale.

[quote name='CapnO']I had 2 games before the sale. I now have 16 at the cost of around $30. By the end of tomorrow I'll probably have around 25 games.

This sale has opened up a side of gaming that terrifies my addictive personality- collecting games.

I've seen some people's game library and I'm thoroughly terrified. 300+:shock:[/QUOTE]

Ditto to everything you said.

[quote name='CapnO']I've seen some people's game library and I'm thoroughly terrified. 300+:shock:[/QUOTE]

You should be, I have over 400 now. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back