Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Machinarium and Tropico 3? Should I? Anyone think they'll go lower?[/QUOTE]

I can't say I remember deals on Machinarium very well. Seems like it was one of those games that was like $2 or so (by itself). I know Tropico 3 has been on sale several times that I recall. I think it was $7.50 then, too.

What we need is a steam tracking site like appshopper is for iOS apps. That way we could track price drops and increases, then plan accordingly. Okay, somebody go do all the work and pay me my royalties for the idea of steamshopper.com. I'll take my royalties in cash. Paid monthly is fine. :p

What... you mean you don't get those imaginary dollars like in that episode of South Park where the kids ripped off, "What what in the butt?" (A very real lawsuit is still ongoing.)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']
What we need is a steam tracking site like appshopper is for iOS apps. That way we could track price drops and increases, then plan accordingly. Okay, somebody go do all the work and pay me my royalties for the idea of steamshopper.com. I'll take my royalties in cash. Paid monthly is fine. :p
[/QUOTE]

Well, steamgamesales.com provides price history on steam games, if that's what you mean. I can't vouch for how good the site is as I forgot it existed until you said this.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Any chance TF2 is gonna be on the sale today or tomorrow or even monday?[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine a big Steam sale with no TF2. I'm hoping for one also!

Bit of a random question but does anyone know if I can still easily make small payments with paypal (bank account linked) if there's no funds in the paypal account itself? And are there particular fees to that?

Wondering if I should start the process to have a certain buffer in the account or if it's not necessary. (trying to look it up myself but the information is so spread out >.>)

[quote name='forbiddenx']indie pulse pack tomorrow please![/QUOTE]

This! :3 thinking of getting one for myself and for a friend ^^

[quote name='HeSaveDave']whats in the indie pulse pack? I looked on the shop and cant find it[/QUOTE]

- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Not there yet ^^

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I can't say I remember deals on Machinarium very well. Seems like it was one of those games that was like $2 or so (by itself). I know Tropico 3 has been on sale several times that I recall. I think it was $7.50 then, too.
[/QUOTE]

No, the cheapest Machinarium has been on Steam is $10. $5 is the best deal so far (and yes everyone should buy it).

I finally took the advice of, well, everyone and jumped on my very first Steam deal. I picked up the Deus Ex pack yesterday for $5 as I figured it has to be worth it. Don't really have the money to be spending on games, but I also downloaded the Peggle demo and my wife wants me to get the full version. LOL
I'm going to hold off until I can get it cheap!

Manchurium was in a indie bundle for 20 with like 4 to 5 other games including galcon fusion just after the humble indie bundle

The Indie Story pack was so worth it. Recettear was the biggest surprise of all. I've sunk more than 3 hours in the game since last night. Although it's challenging, it's wonderful for those who love RPGs.

[quote name='DBrooks23']has anyone played torchlight, i heard its pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is pretty great. It gets a little repetitive, but so do all dungeon crawlers. Graphics are terrific.

[quote name='homeland']recettear is pure crack.. Loving it.[/QUOTE]

I actually failed at getting my second week debt paid off, but I saved at the end of the previous debt period. Hopefully when I load my save again, I can do well enough in one week to earn 30k. It's pretty challenging to me, but I really like the game and the art style. As someone who loves RPGs greatly, it's such a treat to find a game with a mechanic like running an item shop admist all the dungeon crawling! It reminds me of the hybrid of Harvest Moon --- Rune Factory.

[quote name='Pheace']Bit of a random question but does anyone know if I can still easily make small payments with paypal (bank account linked) if there's no funds in the paypal account itself? And are there particular fees to that?

Wondering if I should start the process to have a certain buffer in the account or if it's not necessary. (trying to look it up myself but the information is so spread out >.>)[/QUOTE]

I do it all the time, no problem. As long as you have a bank account linked Paypal will take the money out for you. I don't think there's an extra charge.

[quote name='aheineken']I do it all the time, no problem. As long as you have a bank account linked Paypal will take the money out for you. I don't think there's an extra charge.[/QUOTE]

There's definitely no extra charge. I pay with Paypal all the time, and I don't keep money in the Paypal account. It all just pulls from my debit card.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Torchlight is pretty great. It gets a little repetitive, but so do all dungeon crawlers. Graphics are terrific.

I actually failed at getting my second week debt paid off, but I saved at the end of the previous debt period. Hopefully when I load my save again, I can do well enough in one week to earn 30k. It's pretty challenging to me, but I really like the game and the art style. As someone who loves RPGs greatly, it's such a treat to find a game with a mechanic like running an item shop admist all the dungeon crawling! It reminds me of the hybrid of Harvest Moon --- Rune Factory.[/QUOTE]

Isn't part of the point of Recateer to fail and start over? Like I thought it was like Dead Rising where it lets you carry stuff over to make it easier and easier on each play through?

I finally pulled the trigger on my first Steam purchase. Got Torchlight and Machinarium. Kinda bummed I missed the Indie Story pack. Recateer sounds like my bag.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I finally pulled the trigger on my first Steam purchase. Got Torchlight and Machinarium. Kinda bummed I missed the Indie Story pack. Recateer sounds like my bag.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight and Machinarium were both early Steam games for me as well, and they'll serve as an excellent introduction to the service. :applause:

[quote name='aheineken']I do it all the time, no problem. As long as you have a bank account linked Paypal will take the money out for you. I don't think there's an extra charge.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant, thanks a lot ^^

decided not to buy torch, i really hope they have some great deals today. only about 2 hours left until the new deals!

Another vote for Torchlight here. It's an exceptionally well done Diablo clone. If you like Action RPGs at all and you especially love clicking your mouse, then it's a must-buy at $5.

I'm not surprised at all about them pushing the packs as volume is what they want. It's also a great way to get people to spread the word to their friends. I'm just disappointed that some of the items have been on sale for less previously. Burnout and Total War, for example.

The Indie packs have been great, but it's a lot harder to pull the trigger when you've got a couple or three of the games in the pack already.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Isn't part of the point of Recateer to fail and start over? Like I thought it was like Dead Rising where it lets you carry stuff over to make it easier and easier on each play through?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you keep your Merchant level and item stock when you fail and go back to day 2. I can't imagine loading up my save and trying to reach 30,000 the first time through.

[quote name='eastx']Hey man. I completely agree and do everything I can to steer people in the right direction. Whenever group buy posts get on your nerves, feel free to ask a mod to delete some of them. Also remember the Steam discussion thread is always a great place to talk about Steam games without getting bogged down with off-topic posting.[/QUOTE]I've moved all of the posts after you made the "general" thread from this thread to that one.

If people make posts in here for share group requests from this point forward, I'm just going to nuke them, not move them.

People have been warned.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I finally pulled the trigger on my first Steam purchase. Got Torchlight and Machinarium. Kinda bummed I missed the Indie Story pack. Recateer sounds like my bag.[/QUOTE]

I think Recettear is going to be part of a group buy, so you will have another chance at it.

I was playing it last night and I was having a lot of fun. I had to do some research on the keys, tho, since it isn't obvious where the keys are mapped. I also got confused at one point and thought I was selling when I was really buying and ended up spending most of my money on a Yam. Bleh.

I passed on Machinarium. It looks like a well done game, but it looks almost too melancholy. One of those things thats fascinating and intriguing, but unsettling all at the same time.

I dont know much about it, so my instincts could be wrong. But it did peak my interest anyway.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I think Recettear is going to be part of a group buy, so you will have another chance at it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, CoffeeEdge noted that there will be an 8-pack at some point. I'm totally in on that one; This game sounds awesome.

[quote name='cheezmaster']Everybody go buy Machinarium. Such a beautiful game, and for $5, it's a steal.[/QUOTE]
I would also like to take a moment and second all Machinarium recommendations. I grabbed the game during Amanita Design's $5 sale, and it was definitely entertaining.

You've all still got another 10 minutes - Go and grab it!

[quote name='Nova_01']I passed on Machinarium. It looks ... fascinating and intriguing, but unsettling all at the same time. [/QUOTE]

That's precisely why it's awesome!!! :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up the Indie Clever pack, and I think I'm done. For the next 12 minutes, at least.[/QUOTE]

$5 was worth it for VVVVVV. The rest was gravy. Thank you Steam!

[quote name='marcand']$5 was worth it for VVVVVV. The rest was gravy. Thank you Steam![/QUOTE]I think I may have picked up World Of Goo somewhere else along the way, so if I do, I'm sure I can find a home for it.

Well crap, all those packs I'm looking for are going to be tomorrow and monday. Going to be bad days for my checking account.

I bought King's Bounty: Platinum Edition.. That's a lot of game for $8.75, and I've always wanted to try it.

Also jumped on L4D2.

I already have the first Kings Bounty games. Too bad I can't gift the extras. But the newest one is only $5. What sucks is that I haven't even played the first two so if I had waited this would have been a better deal.

Tempted to get Left 4 Dead 2, but I never really got into Left 4 Dead when I played on 360.

I am really hoping they match Dragon Age: Ultimate from Impulse during the next 2 days.

Well Left 4 Dead 2 for $5 and Supreme Commander 2 for $3.75 are both no-brainers. Too bad the SupCom 2 DLC isn't on sale as well because it adds quite a bit of needed variety to the vanilla game.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think I may have picked up World Of Goo somewhere else along the way, so if I do, I'm sure I can find a home for it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I think it was the 4th time I bought WOG (Wii version, pick your own price, humble bundle and now this).

Just checked the Indie Pulse Pack. HUGE WIN. I have Audiosurf and Beat Hazard, but the other three are AMAZING for $5. I think I will be speding $5 every damn day at Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back