Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZForce915']Looks like it could be fun. PM me and I think I'll buy in.[/QUOTE]

JP beat me to it! I may wait until his fills.

Man oh man, Mount and Blade Warband for 30 bucks and 0% off- GOTTA TOTALLY GET THAT.

Hmmmm... Back Friday this year landed with a resounding THUD. Picked up a Wii game from Newegg (that shooter one) for 15 bucks, and Halo Reach for $30. Otherwise it's been pretty meh. We've seen better deals throughout the year. The THQ pack was the best deal so far earlier this year for 50 bucks for a ton of awesome games.

Portal on sale- hooray, too bad they already gave it away for free.

I guess I should have waited on Left for Dead 2, bought 4 copies for 40 bucks and I could have saved 20 with this sale.

Meh... still the best year in gaming ever-

Mass Effect 2
Starcraft 2
Fallout New Vegas
Halo Reach
Dragon Age Ultimate
and the new Xbox360 with Kinect.

Ah well... can't have it all.

[quote name='lonesarah']I'm starting a Just Cause 2 pack

Contact me if you want a copy of just cause 2

1.lonesarah
2.jeremazing
8.[/QUOTE]
thats how it should read now, I'm in :applause:right right!

[quote name='lonesarah']I'm starting a Just Cause 2 pack

Contact me if you want a copy of just cause 2

1.lonesarah
8.[/QUOTE]

I am interested. However you need to clean out your PM box, because it wont accept anymore.

Where are the Braid and Recettear packs, Steam? Saving the best for last, are we?

I would have jumped on Street Fighter IV had it been cheaper. (This is, after all, the version that isn't very Super.)

I'm not horribly thrilled with the deals for today, but only because I already have World of Goo and Orange Box. Needless to say, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

[quote name='GOTA']It's the one that I spent the least money on so I agree with you.[/QUOTE]

It's the first time I did not buy any games on a Steam sale.

I'm actually relieved, checking my back purchases, I realized I bought games, which I never even downloaded! :)

Any thoughts on M&B Warband? Also is Just cause worth it? And for those like me who have been wanting Dragon Age Ultimate, it's still $25 on Impluse. I might have to jump on that before the weekend ends.

[quote name='DBrooks23']am i the only one getting sent to the homepage when trying to buy the orange box for myself?[/QUOTE]

Same. It's been logging me out too

I'm definitely in for Just Cause 2. If anyone is getting a group together, please PM me!

Edit: Is there a specific thread or forum for game packs?

[quote name='DBrooks23']am i the only one getting sent to the homepage when trying to buy the orange box for myself?[/QUOTE]yup! same problem here!!

Ill jus try again in a few hours...

EDIT: Seems to be working now...also 16 gigs for Kings Bounty..wtf.....

[quote name='mistymayem']Same. It's been logging me out too[/QUOTE]

Ditto, finally done waffling, and decided to pick up Kings Bounty Platinum before the price changes, but Steam keeps removing it from my cart (standalone and via Firefox). Oh well, guess it's a sign to pick it up @ amazon.

easily the worst day of sales I've ever seen on a Steam deal. I want Just Cause 2 but noooo they have to make it pack only, Splinter Cell is good too but for $20? gtfo, it's $15 digitally on Amazon now, and cheaper everywhere else. Everything else is just plain crap though.

Granted, I'm kinda glad as I can save my money for tomorrow or the winter sale.

it just allowed me to check out, but it put a "hold" on my funds in my debit account (probably because i just bought a new tv and 100$ worth of xbox games on that account :/ ) but i can still download the games

[quote name='e5volcano']Which is a better deal? SC Conviction for 15 bucks or JC2 for 7.50?

Will SCC get cheaper in the future?[/QUOTE]
defiantly get JC2, splinter cell is good but JC2 is better, and that deal on SC kinda sucks.

[quote name='e5volcano']

It should be cheaper. Or else I'm never buying it myself. $20 is a joke to call a sale.

[quote name='e5volcano']Which is a better deal? SC Conviction for 15 bucks or JC2 for 7.50?

Definitely JC2, I got SC:C on Xbox 360 for $10 about two weeks ago.

Undoubtedly, perhaps even on the winter sale next month. You'd be foolish to spend $15-$20 on splinter cell, when you can already get it for less elsewhere.

If you're filthy rich and just don't care, don't let me talk you out of it.

Okay thanks guys for the helpful responses. BTW, I wasn't asking which game was better since I like both games, just wanted to know if SCC for 15 dollars was a good buy, but it seems its been cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks!

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Where are the Braid and Recettear packs, Steam? Saving the best for last, are we?
.[/QUOTE]

The team behind Recettear said they have no idea about an 8 pack and to not expect it, that the next planned discount is for December.

First day I'm passing... I'm interested in a few of the games, but I can wait till X-mas to see if they come up cheaper for that.

Was definitely hoping to see the Indie Puzzle pack today though.

Edit: Hmm wierd... seems like there is an Indie pack but the Steam servers are being a little wierd right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back