Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
So far my hauls been:
And Yet it Moves
AudioSurf
Beat HAzard
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Defense Grid: THe Awakening
Deus Ex: GOTY
Eufloria
Freedom Force
Gish
Iron Grip: Warlord
Jolly Rover
Just Cause 2
NyxQuest
Osmos
The Polynomial
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Quest 2
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Rhythm Zone
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Puzzle Dimension
Shatter
Tidalis
Cogs
Droplitz

$37 spent

[quote name='ZForce915']Does anyone have extra indie packs to gift? not the puzzle or music ones, but the others.[/QUOTE]

How would this be possible? Did we get a copy to gift if we bought one of the Indie packs?

At long last!

[youtube]oDSrJdj06j4[/youtube][youtube]DiTFdWFgclQ[/youtube]
[youtube]jvoS4PT854w[/youtube][youtube]XIxOFE8qf-A[/youtube]
[youtube]YrdoWJqqvRs[/youtube][youtube]2uOt-XmNrQw[/youtube]

In today's Indie pack, Shatter is a great game. It's one of the best Arkanoid clones ever, surpassing the original in visuals, music, and gameplay variety.

[quote name='utopianmachine']How would this be possible? Did we get a copy to gift if we bought one of the Indie packs?[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that maybe someone grabbed an extra for the purposes of trading later.

[quote name='gtbrigs']I have a few Osmos spots left in my group pack. $1.67 each with paypal gift. PM me so we can work out the details.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

[quote name='lonesarah']I'm selling Half life 2 and Episode One for five bucks paypal.

Pm if you want it.[/QUOTE]

But the whole Orange Box is only $7.50. Isn't that math off?

[quote name='SEH']Not going to happen, Capcom's already made up their minds on this issue.[/QUOTE]
Damn you Capcom! Damn you!!

[quote name='pROvIs']I can beat that, ill give hl 2 to the first person to pm me a joke that makes me lol[/QUOTE]

You've got LOLs in your PM box :)

[quote name='ZForce915']You've got LOLs in your PM box :)[/QUOTE]
Smirked but no laugh. I couldn't if I wanted read it next to my girlfriend

Well in the spirit of all these Valve game deals especially TF2 offer(s), I want to show you this epic video that has a pretty cool TF2 vid. It's great. It's pretty informative, some might not find it so though but take a look:
TF2 Awesomeness

[quote name='gtbrigs']I have a few Osmos spots left in my group pack. $1.67 each with paypal gift. PM me so we can work out the details.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

Does anyone know, or have any ideas about which are the games that are going to be on sale tomorrow, apart from the packs and indie games? Maybe the ones which sold best during the sale? Should i save some money for tomorrow? I'm hoping for an insane price for Spore, but i know it's very unlikely.

[quote name='lucasmaxi']Does anyone know, or have any ideas about which are the games that are going to be on sale tomorrow, apart from the packs and indie games?[/QUOTE]

No. Nothing whatsoever. Sorry.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I vouch for Shatter as well. Fantastic spin on the brick-breaking gameplay. And the soundtrack is INCREDIBLE. I've purchased it on iTunes and it's good enough to listen to on it's own when you're in the mood for some electronic goodness.[/QUOTE]
Ditto that, loved the soundtrack and also picked it up on iTunes, made playing the game that much more enjoyable, and it really is a fun, albeit short, game.

[quote name='sK1LLzk1LLz']does anyone have a left over indie clever pack?=]
if so PM me=][/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']We have a special group buy thread for gift pack deals. Please use this thread (or a game-specific group buy thread), NOT the main deal thread, for organizing group buys!

Glad I can just copy and paste that! :p[/QUOTE]

Multi-quote also comes in handy at times like this ;-)

I have World of Goo on WiiWare, but it didn't grab me like I thought it would based on the praise it received. I'm thinking it might be that the Wiimote just didn't feel accurate enough for it. Is it significantly better with a mouse? Should I buy it again on PC?

I find World of Goo doesn't teach you its mechanics well enough to be enjoyable. You can use an FAQ to learn the puzzle solutions, but I'd rather they were more intuitive. However, the soundtrack is just phenomenal. But yeah, a mouse provides fine control. It's just a tough game, IMO.

[quote name='eastx']I find World of Goo doesn't teach you its mechanics well enough to be enjoyable. You can use an FAQ to learn the puzzle solutions, but I'd rather they were more intuitive. However, the soundtrack is just phenomenal. But yeah, a mouse provides fine control. It's just a tough game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I was never confused by any of the Goo's or what they could do. The sign's tell you all you need to know.

[quote name='Nameless One']I was never confused by any of the Goo's or what they could do. The sign's tell you all you need to know.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I can't really understand how someone could be confused. I can see how someone might need help getting past a puzzle but figuring out what the goo does isn't a issue.

[quote name='eastx']I find World of Goo doesn't teach you its mechanics well enough to be enjoyable. You can use an FAQ to learn the puzzle solutions, but I'd rather they were more intuitive. However, the soundtrack is just phenomenal. But yeah, a mouse provides fine control. It's just a tough game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Whereas I finally got around to World of Goo earlier this year and it earned a permanent place as one of my all time favorites. A few of the puzzles are pretty difficult, and I think I did consult youtube on one of them, but the game also gives you a number of skips. So if a stage is too difficult you can always pass it up and move on. It had a suprising story, fun puzzles and a really awesome soundtrack.

Personally, I think World of Goo is worth $20 and definitely a steal at $2.50. Though getting it in the Clever pack would have been the better deal. Really can't recommend it enough.

World of Goo truly is a fantastic game, and I recommend everyone should get it while it's still on sale.

Really looking forward to the Air Indie Pack today. I've always wanted Gratuitous Space Battles, and getting another four games thrown in with it is gonna be a steal.
Now, here's hoping they include the GSB DLC in that pack...

Awesome. World of Goo was in my wishlist, glad to get it for $2.50.

Really sad that I missed out on the Torchlight deal.

Anyone willing to gift me a copy of Just Cause 2 out of a group buy pack they purchased in return for a gifted copy of any other game around 10 bucks that is a single purchase? I don't have a paypal account and wanted to take advantage of the cheap price on Just Cause 2. Thanks

[quote name='Deefuzz']Awesome. World of Goo was in my wishlist, glad to get it for $2.50.

Really sad that I missed out on the Torchlight deal.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Torchlight will almost certainly go on sale during the Christmas sale, and for even cheaper.

Torchlight has been on sale more times than I can count, so you shouldn't be sad!

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish Shatter worked on the Mac version of Steam. I could run it in VMWare, but I'm worried it wouldn't play well in a VM. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Same, had never seen the game, bought the pack for Cogs. I'm loving shatter more than anything else. Would love for my sister to get to play it but she only uses mac D:

hoping for a great cyber monday! the deals have been ok, some good others just decent. i think today they will go all out and give us only AAA titles (no offense mount blade)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']hoping for a great cyber monday! the deals have been ok, some good others just decent. i hope today they will go all out and give us only AAA titles (no offense mount blade)[/QUOTE]

Fix'd.

I've enjoyed the sale tho, not AAA titles make them be cheaper, which is healthier for the wallets :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back