Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone needs another friend for the 10 friends. I'll accept anyone during the next 48 hours but will remove all after as I like my friends list simple:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Draekon/

I can't add people right now as I can't access steam through RDP without it nearly killing my session and I'm not going to open it up through a browser at work. I'll accept the invites once I get home this evening though.

It took about 30-45 minutes after I stopped the Undergarden demo for the Treasure Chest to unlock. I played it maybe 5-10 minutes.

got 3 out of the 4 for today..missing new vegas one

The AAAA! one wasn't too difficult. I did like 5-6 runs on the course and I finally got it.

[quote name='mramazing']got 3 out of the 4 for today..missing new vegas one

The AAAA! one wasn't too difficult. I did like 5-6 runs on the course and I finally got it.[/QUOTE]

How is AaAaAA!!! as a game? Always looked interesting an humorous watching websites type out the full name about 10 times as long.

Just played AAAAA!!? a bit ... it's ok ... not sure it's worth the $2.50 imo. NVM, just got the 22k ... game is quirky, sort of of fun ...

but just seems really simple .. basically you fall .. and get points ... sort of like base jumping with mediocre graphics ... feels like it could be a free online type game to me at least.

Undergarden achievement unlocked ... annnnd deleted from the system ;)

[quote name='moojuice']So, does anyone know how much of the Undergarden one has to play before it unlocks? It's not even playing sound for some reason, so its extra boring right now.[/QUOTE]

I played 6 minutes. yuck.

[quote name='F8X']I played 6 minutes. yuck.[/QUOTE]

I played for about that much too. I watched that...thing, sloooooowly move over to each little cliff or whatever, only to be told it was locked. Did that about 5 times to different areas before I said screw it and deleted it lol

So bought and played AAAaAAaAaa.... Not a fan. I don't feel ripped off since it was only $2.50, but had I played a demo I would not have bought it. I actually liked the Undergarden Demo more.

I ended up playing Underground for about twenty minutes or so, and completing most of the demo.

The aesthetics are definitely cutesy(not to mention mildly disturbing, at first) and gameplay fluid, but there seems to be a complete lack of depth. Not once during the demo was there a puzzle that the solution wasn't immediately obvious.

Achievement chieved, and demo deleted. :p

Yeah, looks like you just have to quit the game for the Undergarden challenge to unlock :/

Probably wouldn't have been bored to death if I had sound, which the game made it seem like music was part of the experience.

[quote name='Darknuke']These Steam deals are garbage so far... I don't even really feel like participating in the contest because of it lol...[/QUOTE]

Chime was most certainly not a crap sale. $1.25 and its amazing.

Poker Night was worth the $3 as well for a few hours of dialog. However, coming from a guy who swore he'd never spend money on Avatars to buy the complete Cardboard Tube Samurai outfit, anything with Penny Arcade's name on it is worth that to me...

I didn't care much for Underground, but that took no effort or money to achieve. AAAaAAaAaa is interesting, I actually get a little rush playing it. Similar to when I played Mirror's Edge. I can tell from my first few attempts this one will be tough for me.

Didnt much care for achievements before, but Ol' Buddy Ol' Pal isn't working for me. Already recruited Boone, Veronica, Cass, Rex, E-DE, Lily in my current game but this achievement isn't showing up for me

So I just went back to an earlier save and recruited Lily again and got the achievement. Maybe it wasnt active before or something.

I just sent friend requests to a bunch of people who posted their profiles. So if you see a request from bcoakiot, please accept! Thanks! And good luck to everyone!

Folks need friends on Steam? I had more than plenty. I already owned New Vegas and have that 'cheiver, so no worries. Gonna go play a demo, now.

As for "AaaaAAaa...!!!," I'll pass. I can't see paying money for a chance to win more games. Just doesn't look fun.

[quote name='TheKbob']As for "AaaaAAaa...!!!," I'll pass. I can't see paying money for a chance to win more games. Just doesn't look fun.[/QUOTE]

Do people really need to keep announcing that they won't be buying games they personally are not interested in to begin with, just to complete objectives?

I, myself, have been meaning to pick up Reckless Disregard for Gravity for quite some time, so I'm in. Not gonna add strangers for the friend thing, though. I prefer to keep my account completely private.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Do people really need to keep announcing that they won't be buying games they personally are not interested in to begin with, just to complete objectives?

I, myself, have been meaning to pick up Reckless Disregard for Gravity for quite some time, so I'm in. Not gonna add strangers for the friend thing, though. I prefer to keep my account completely private.[/QUOTE]

You make is sound like announcing the non-purchase would be an objective itself? Confusing statement. I think I get what you're going at and w/e. It's a forum, discussing the games and deals.

Undergarden was neat, but not $5 neat.

It's cool that they have non game-related objectives for those whose wallets didn't survive Black Friday :)

Anyone else have any of their previous ones disappear. Both of the slots I earned from the first day are now empty. I had the avatar one and the one from Chime on the first day and now they say that they have not been accomplished.

Edit: Weird... it shows them if I login through the Web site but not if I log in through the Steam App directly.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone else have any of their previous ones disappear. Both of the slots I earned from the first day are now empty. I had the avatar one and the one from Chime on the first day and now they say that they have not been accomplished.

Edit: Weird... it shows them if I login through the Web site but not if I log in through the Steam App directly.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes when you log into the app and go to the page you aren't actually logged into the Steam page. If you go to that page in the app, you'll probably see log in right about the objectives list.

Even the Steam app makes you login to the store and Community pages, whether or not you're logged into the client application itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back