Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkaliaz']Awesome. Amnesia is one of the best games I've played all year. Be sure to play it alone and lights off. Headphones are a MUST too. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting this... I have a pair of HD555 so hopefully I can HEAR the dudes before I see them >_< I want to play this over skype with some buddies so I can keep some sanity.. grr I get so scared in games... but hardly ever in movies... immersion I guess lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

[quote name='52club']Probably further back in the thread, but for those wanting to see their Steam game list grow even more you can now register the Humble Indie Pack from a while back on Steam.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/12/Activate-the-Humble-Indie-Bundle-on-Steam

Really contemplating that AAAaaaah game, I don't think that has been part of any pay what you want sales, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it has been a part of any of those sales, and I'm not even sure if it's been cheaper than this price point. I picked it up, exactly about how much I wanted to pay for it after trying the demo. Also, for anyone who enjoys AAAaaaaAAAaaAAAH! should sign up for dejobaan fanmail list to get their freebie work-in-progress games. Here's the site: http://dejobaan.com/ The newest one is surprisingly addictive, especially the song.

OMG, that video is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a long time. His panicked screaming had me keeling over in my chair trying to catch my breath.

[quote name='Poshbishounen']Yes, that was Penumbra. I somewhat get those 2 confused : /[/QUOTE]

Damn you! YOu got me all excited! I really want to play that game so was excited thinking I got it and did not even realize it! And before anyone says it yes I know its on sale for $10, but I have bought so much else I can not justify purchasing it right now.

Yeah, as awesome as Amnesia looks (and my sweet PC350/Mixamp setup), I'm going to wait for Amnesia. It's on that border of being a great deal and I doubt that it's going to drop in price much more.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm thinking about getting this... I have a pair of HD555 so hopefully I can HEAR the dudes before I see them >_< I want to play this over skype with some buddies so I can keep some sanity.. grr I get so scared in games... but hardly ever in movies... immersion I guess lol.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. That was one of the funniest things that I've seen in a long time. Even though Amnesia is not a funny game, I feel obligated to buy it now.

I admit, it's extremely hard to buy something with the Holiday Sale right around the corner.

Nevertheless, Amnesia is horribly tempting at that price. If I may, I'd like to request some reviews from my fellow CAG's.

well i played the demo for a bit and it is not for everyone. Im going to play through the demo and hopefully pick it up during the holiday sale.

If you're uncertain on the game, give the demo a shot.

I was going to hold off on Amnesia, but after reading the interviews where they said that even THIS almost didn't come out if it weren't for Steam putting Penumbra on sale, I'm buying now.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm thinking about getting this... I have a pair of HD555 so hopefully I can HEAR the dudes before I see them >_< I want to play this over skype with some buddies so I can keep some sanity.. grr I get so scared in games... but hardly ever in movies... immersion I guess lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY[/QUOTE]

Great video that makes me want to buy the game! I'll wait for a better sale like others have stated.

Yeah, I wish Amnesisa was just a bit cheaper, but I really want to support the developers, who are pretty much making just enough money to barely cover things.

[quote name='Vegan']I was going to hold off on Amnesia, but after reading the interviews where they said that even THIS almost didn't come out if it weren't for Steam putting Penumbra on sale, I'm buying now.[/QUOTE]
I might have to buy it now then.

[quote name='Vegan']I was going to hold off on Amnesia, but after reading the interviews where they said that even THIS almost didn't come out if it weren't for Steam putting Penumbra on sale, I'm buying now.[/QUOTE]

I get that Penumbra and Amnesia were good games, and that makes buying it worth it.

But I don't really agree with the sentiment of this sob story and the big attention it seems to be getting. Apart from the fact that they mentioned it and people spread the news this is how nearly every Indie studio works. They're small studio's, often with just enough resources to make one game and them move on to the next.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I'll buy Amnesia when it's $4.99 at Christmas.
[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it will go that low. Its still a fairly new game and a 50% discount on an already cheap title is a lot already.

Just a warning for those who were going to wipe their friends list after that last challenge ended (just now)....don't. I did, and I no longer have the 10 friends challenge unlocked, even though it's not the active challenge anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mafia 2, Droplitz, and Magic: TG are all on sale. I only have interest in Droplitz, but I already own it on PS3, and don't feel like its good enough to warrant a second purchase.

[youtube]LR0_qX0UTQk[/youtube][youtube]TAmtA4w3bho[/youtube]

Objectives for 12/10-12/11

Sales for 12/10-12/11

May bite on MtG...and Droplitz. Can anyone vouch for the latter? I think I played two hands of MtG about ten years ago, which is why I'm on the fence about that one.

Anyone know if the Magic The Gathering entry can be done with the demo of the game? I've been looking around and can't find anything on how to "be a devastator" in the game.

I see that they have a complete pack for mtg with all the decks and expansions for $40, when that drops to $10 I'll consider getting it on steam. Already own the base game on the 360.

[quote name='cusoman']Anyone know if the Magic The Gathering entry can be done with the demo of the game? I've been looking around and can't find anything on how to "be a devastator" in the game.[/QUOTE]
Don't know much about how long the demo is but here is the Devastator achievement info.
Devastator

Deal 20 combat damage to a player in a single turn in a game

[quote name='doodofdoods']I see that they have a complete pack for mtg with all the decks and expansions for $40, when that drops to $10 I'll consider getting it on steam. Already own the base game on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Unless you want to pay for deck unlocks and making your cards shiny, you don't need the complete pack.

Here's what's worth buying:

Magi - on Sale for $5
DLC 1 - $5
DLC 2 - $5
DLC 3 - $5

Total: $20 (currently)

[quote name='JP']Don't know much about how long the demo is but here is the Devastator achievement info.
Devastator

Deal 20 combat damage to a player in a single turn in a game[/QUOTE]
Apparently I didn't look hard enough! So that begs the question: Are achievements possible in demo versions of games? Methinks no, but curious if anyone has the definitive word here.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Magic is busted and I REALLY do not recommend buying it. The game is buggy as hell.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this person, Magic is a great game and an excellent representation of the tabletop game.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']He said it's buggy, not that it's a bad game.[/QUOTE]

Actually he said its "busted", which to me implies it does not work. Big difference then buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back