Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or when there are no sales that you like or you dont buy anything from steam during a sale... you feel kind of empty?

Lol I'm on the fence for magic though, already had the puzzle game fromt the puzzle pack

if you havent encountered any bugs in magic then you havent played mp. Its not so broken you cant play it but it is certainly not what it should be. I havent had a problem of any kind with the single player portion.

[quote name='paz9x']if you havent encountered any bugs in magic then you havent played mp. Its not so broken you cant play it but it is certainly not what it should be. I havent had a problem of any kind with the single player portion.[/QUOTE]

The matchmaking does seem broken now that I think of it, but I got around that just by setting up custom games and waiting for someone to join. Certainly doesn't ruin the game like the other guy was implying. Way better matchmaking on XBLA, yeah.

[quote name='mikespit1']The matchmaking does seem broken now that I think of it, but I got around that just by setting up custom games and waiting for someone to join. Certainly doesn't ruin the game like the other guy was implying. Way better matchmaking on XBLA, yeah.[/QUOTE]

no its not a busted mess of a game. there are issues though, all of which I have only seen in mp.
If someone is a fan of magic I doubt the problems would offset their enjoyment of the game to any degree.

I refuse to buy any additional content for the game though. they keep pumping that stuff out without fixing the problems present at release.

Welp, set the score in Droplitz, exited, no unlock. Loaded the game back up, my high score was recognized, but my leader board score was still from my first game when I didn't really know what I was doing. Not a bad game though, just annoyed I didn't get my ticket.

Magic really is very buggy, but yes, you'll miss most of the problems if you avoid multiplayer. Why anyone would not want to play Magic in multiplayer I can't imagine, but apparently such people exist. The game still has no way of muting yourself or others, so people's laptops' built-in mics create terrible feedback and noise and they can't even prevent it. There is also no text chat, which is utterly ridiculous in an online PC game. And yes, there are serious matchmaking issues that you may or may not run into on a given day.

With all that said, it's a damn fun game, so if you're patient with bugs and other dumb problems, it's still a great buy at $5.

No real interest in Droplitz, even for $2.50 and already played through Mafia2 on console (thank god I rented it). Will definitely go for the Magic objective as I already have it.

Only 1 objective for me today.

Don't care for Droplitz...even at $2.50.
Don't care for MtG...ever.
Do care for Mafia II, but not at ~$33. $20 maybe. Mafia II just seems like one of those games that will be heavily discounted if I just wait a few months.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I see that they have a complete pack for mtg with all the decks and expansions for $40, when that drops to $10 I'll consider getting it on steam. Already own the base game on the 360.[/QUOTE]

If you buy MTG and the 3 expansions separately for $5 each, then buy the deck pack for $13, it's only $33 total.

For me Magic really is broken. It wont let me switch decks or even opponents 90% of the time and if you play online and someone uses an artifact the game freezes.

[quote name='MSI Magus']For me Magic really is broken. It wont let me switch decks or even opponents 90% of the time and if you play online and someone uses an artifact the game freezes.[/QUOTE]

I've played a few games online now, though just with friends - 4-player and 3-player as well as a few 2-player. Never once has this happened to me. I've been able to complete all games no problem.

[quote name='eastx']Magic really is very buggy, but yes, you'll miss most of the problems if you avoid multiplayer. Why anyone would not want to play Magic in multiplayer I can't imagine, but apparently such people exist. The game still has no way of muting yourself or others, so people's laptops' built-in mics create terrible feedback and noise and they can't even prevent it. There is also no text chat, which is utterly ridiculous in an online PC game. And yes, there are serious matchmaking issues that you may or may not run into on a given day.

With all that said, it's a damn fun game, so if you're patient with bugs and other dumb problems, it's still a great buy at $5.[/QUOTE]

To fix the microphone issue, just have the person disable their microphone on their laptop. Not too tough.

[quote name='pat87']Do care for Mafia II, but not at ~$33. $20 maybe. Mafia II just seems like one of those games that will be heavily discounted if I just wait a few months.[/QUOTE]
Considering the reviews, which were quite caustic, I suspect sales will drop off sharply in another few months, leading to big discounts.

In the meantime, though, 2K Games has been very reserved about their discount prices for the game. I, too, suspect things to change in another few months.

How about a cheap Mafia bundle, guys?

It will happen eventually but it was a pretty high profile release for them in just august. I wouldn't expect much less than 25 until next year.

65bea68ce41a5b640e6484082dbe38a5ecf93d43_full.jpg

If you have Magic the Gathering, don't forget to join the CAG Steam group!

So I was just checking the treasure hunt page and saw Unlock Hat under the hats part. I hesitated clicking it as I thought I might only get one hat and not get the 15 objective hat later. I still clicked it and it said "Hat Unlocked" and refreshed but it was still there. Hopefully I'm not locked out of the other hats now. I know its not possible to get 15 yet but anyone care to update on that tomorrow? Hopefully you can get the other hats still and not only just one.

Finally had time to get the droplitz and mafia goals. I'm leaving on a business trip today and will only have a laptop. Here is hoping the rest of the goals aren't graphically intense.

Btw droplitz probably isn't worth the money. I didn't want to buy magic either. Have it on xbla and didn't care for it.

[quote name='Skram']So I was just checking the treasure hunt page and saw Unlock Hat under the hats part. I hesitated clicking it as I thought I might only get one hat and not get the 15 objective hat later. I still clicked it and it said "Hat Unlocked" and refreshed but it was still there. Hopefully I'm not locked out of the other hats now. I know its not possible to get 15 yet but anyone care to update on that tomorrow? Hopefully you can get the other hats still and not only just one.[/QUOTE]

It probably upgrades the one you have since the second one is the same but then the chest is open.

Pretty tempted by the Magic: The Gathering Steam game...but considering I only have about half the cards unlocked in the XBLA version, I should probably pass. Besides, doesn't sound like I'm escaping the multiplayer bugs by switching platforms.

Games with Objectives:
Left 4 Dead 2 $4.99
Shatter $2.50
COD: Black Ops (No discount, so grab it from D2D for $48 if you want it.)

Other:
Gift a game

[quote name='Dragonsbane']im thinking about buying shatter, anyone else who is gonna buy it wanna gift it to me and Ill gift shatter to them?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about buying it and I need to send a gift to someone as well

PM me if you are interested

[quote name='pat87']Son of a.... 11,100,000 on shatter. ugh.[/QUOTE]

Is that hard? I'm also thinking about picking it up. Worth the $2.50?

[quote name='celegus']Is that hard? I'm also thinking about picking it up. Worth the $2.50?[/QUOTE]

Shatter is a great game well worth $2.50

Shatter is a great game, definitely worth 2.50 and even the 4.99 I paid for the Indie Puzzle pack.

This score is definitely a challenge but, the game is so awesome I won't mind playing it to get the score.

Not sure if I'm gonna get the Shatter objective. for some reason i find bonus mode to be so disorienting and nauseating over the other modes, so I don't know if I'm gonna try to get it. Might just try to tough it out later.

Also, for anyone thinking about the game, don't let this deter you. The rest of the game is totally playable for me and I enjoyed it a ton.

[quote name='celegus']Is that hard? I'm also thinking about picking it up. Worth the $2.50?[/QUOTE]
Definitely worth $2.50 if you like retro action games, since it's a modern version of Breakout/Arkanoid/etc. Soundtrack is great too.

I'm thinking of buying Amnesia: The Dark Descent now that its on sale, anyone want to gift me Amnesia, I'll gift it back.... I want to get "It's Better to Give" objective done as well as the objectives for Shatter and L4D 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back