Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='friedram']Hells YES! Nancy Drew games are on SALE! THIS IS THE DEAL OF THE DECADE, THREAD OVER![/QUOTE]

i almost died when i saw it.....i bought every single one

[quote name='paz9x']are they fucking kidding me? meat boy for $3.75? Way to rip your customers by saying it wont be cheaper for a long time, thats the last thing I buy from that dev.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! How dare they offer a sale without consulting you!

[quote name='oscargrouch']Anyone notice if Reccatear is on sale for those of us looking via phone?[/QUOTE]

Does not appear to be on sale at all.

[quote name='paz9x']are they fucking kidding me? meat boy for $3.75? Way to rip your customers by saying it wont be cheaper for a long time, thats the last thing I buy from that dev.[/QUOTE]

Where did they say that?

[quote name='ZForce915']Yeah! How dare they offer a sale without consulting you![/QUOTE]

Don't be a douche.
They specifically stated the introductory price would be the lowest for a long time. They stated they did that because they were tired of seeing customers buy games at launch only to get screwed over by the game being on sale shortly after.
I wouldnt care if they hadnt specifically said that, I wouldve waited to buy it like I do everything else.

hmmm steam checkout is taking a while. I think they are going to pull the deals on my Nancy Drew games. Probably a pricing error on them.

It's ok, Nancy Drew games are worth $100 each easy, so I felt a little bad that I might get such a good deal.

That and the shattered union game isn't going through, hyper annoying.

[quote name='Logain8955']Site's completely offline now, can't access it via Steam client or browser.[/QUOTE]

i just tried to put the valve pack in my cart and it said can't add...

I remember plugging this game at either the last winter sale or the one from the summer, but Time Gentleman, Please: http://store.steampowered.com/app/37400/ is one of the best point and click adventure games I've ever played. Made by an indie dev, it is absolutely hilarious and the puzzles aren't "what the hell are they thinking" hard. If you want a taste of it, the other game offered in the pack from the link (Ben There, Dan That) is free from the dev at their website, zombie-cow.com. They also have another game for free there, which I haven't really played and can't vouch for.

YES! Oddboxx for 12 bucks makes me gald i got out of bed this morning... Woot also in for a double dip of BFBC2 (have on D2d but prefer all games on one service)

picked up winterbottom in case its a price mistake. Waiting for the site to be a bit more reliable for the rest. I see a lot I am interested in but I should probably hold off. Those of you who took part last year did the sales continue the whole time? I know some things got cheaper but did anything go away?

All I can say is wow at the Winterbottom price ($.50) and at the BFBC 2 price of less than $7. I have both, but really nice prices.

[quote name='Darknuke']you mean pay $65 for games I can get in the Orange Box for like $10? No thanks... Counterstrike and Day of Defeat are not worth the additional content for an extra $50.[/QUOTE]

It's $25

[quote name='Darknuke']you mean pay $65 for games I can get in the Orange Box for like $10? No thanks... Counterstrike and Day of Defeat are not worth the additional content for an extra $50.[/QUOTE]

The bundle is $25 for all the games. Better than Orange Box by a mile. $65 is the "savings."

[quote name='necrojustice']I'm all over The Oddboxx for $12.49.
Stranger's Wrath is worth that alone.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, we're not able to buy Stranger's Wrath separately.

$65? Check your monitor again. And don't forget the L4D games.

Is it wrong that I still don't really want Winterbottom at 50 cents? :p

Oh well, crossing my fingers for some good deals.

It's $24.99. They list the "You Save" as $65. :)

It's only 25, and Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 are probably worth the extra 15 bucks if they are your cup of tea. (The 65 you saw was the "you save")

[quote name='pROvIs']picked up winterbottom in case its a price mistake. Waiting for the site to be a bit more reliable for the rest. I see a lot I am interested in but I should probably hold off. Those of you who took part last year did the sales continue the whole time? I know some things got cheaper but did anything go away?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anything being pulled except the Witcher I think. So I'd say if its on sale its likely good for the entire sale.

it's only 25.00 for all the games unless im seeing it wrong :X..And DOD and cs are worth that alone imo :lol:

edit:kayatai beat meh to it :p

[quote name='paz9x']Don't be a douche.
They specifically stated the introductory price would be the lowest for a long time. They stated they did that because they were tired of seeing customers buy games at launch only to get screwed over by the game being on sale shortly after.
I wouldnt care if they hadnt specifically said that, I wouldve waited to buy it like I do everything else.[/QUOTE]

I recall the quote you're referring to, and it was specifically relating to the XBLA version of the game.

AFAIK, the PC version never had an introductory price: it was just cheaper to preorder and then launched immediately @ $15.

[quote name='pROvIs']picked up winterbottom in case its a price mistake. Waiting for the site to be a bit more reliable for the rest. I see a lot I am interested in but I should probably hold off. Those of you who took part last year did the sales continue the whole time? I know some things got cheaper but did anything go away?[/QUOTE]

The only things that changed over the course of the week were games that either ran out of licenses to sell (happened just once, Prey, and it was a daily deal) and then incorrectly priced daily deals that changed very quickly. So no, I don't see anything going away except for pricing errors, which is why the only reason I'm looking now is for those errors. My plan is to watch for prices too good to be true, and unless i find those, wait for daily deals. If the games I don't want to appear as daily deals, I'll pick them up on the last day. Also, the oddworld devs did say that that pack will only be 50% off today, but that's an exception where it's been explicitly stated.

[quote name='Terlan']I don't recall anything being pulled except the Witcher I think. So I'd say if its on sale its likely good for the entire sale.[/QUOTE]

well there doesnt seem to be a way to tell if any of these are daily deals.

[quote name='paz9x']Don't be a douche.
I wouldnt care if they hadnt specifically said that, I wouldve waited to buy it like I do everything else.[/QUOTE]

It isn't worth getting worked up over it. You paid a price for a game and at the time you thought it was good, everything comes down in price even it was sooner than you expected it too.

[quote name='chickenbutt']It's $25[/QUOTE]

You're right. I looked at the save $65 part instead of the cost $25 part ;). That's a much better deal heh. For CS and DoD it's not worth it still, but with L4D 1 and 2, it makes it a little better. I own or have owned all those games tho, so i'll pass.

Can someone answer me a question about the game packs. If I buy the Valve complete pack, I already have Half Life 2, Portal and Counterstike Source can I gift the games that I already own to a friend? Or am I stuck owning it twice basically?

[quote name='Terlan']I don't recall anything being pulled except the Witcher I think. So I'd say if its on sale its likely good for the entire sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm still annoyed about Witcher... grr.... I wish they'd put that one up as a daily on one of these sales.

Uh, $25 you mean. And Orange Box is $15 right now. And L4D1 and L4D2 are both in that pack, and regularly $10 each.

I own almost everything in the pack and I'm tempted to buy it again. Jeez.

Edit- Well jeez a little late hopping aboard the hate on dood for a mistake train.

Picked up:
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield 2
Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

How good are the oddworld games? I never played any of them.

[quote name='horns456']Can someone answer me a question about the game packs. If I buy the Valve complete pack, I already have Half Life 2, Portal and Counterstike Source can I gift the games that I already own to a friend? Or am I stuck owning it twice basically?[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive you can gift the games you already own. Pretty sure when you go to checkout it gives you the option to gift individual titles. (fuzzy memory from the last Christmas sale)

[quote name='ZForce915']It isn't worth getting worked up over it. You paid a price for a game and at the time you thought it was good, everything comes down in price even it was sooner than you expected it too.[/QUOTE]

look, Im usually on your side of this arguement. Its not that its cheaper, its that the dev made that statement. Its shitty of them to say that. Im not upset at the value of game, and really whatever, I paid $10 its cheaper now. I just wont purchase anything from that dev again. If they want to make statements like that to drum up some goodwill (and increase sales), thats great, when they do the opposite im not going to support them. There are mountains of other developers out there bidding for my money, ill give it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back