Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up the Valve complete pack. I only owned L4D2 and Portal, so it was an amazing deal. Thanks to whoever posted the link for it.

[quote name='dkcecil']I'm almost positive you can gift the games you already own. Pretty sure when you go to checkout it gives you the option to gift individual titles. (fuzzy memory from the last Christmas sale)[/QUOTE]

That is 100% wrong. There are only a handful of games that are giftable. 95% are not.

[quote name='Brian9824']That is 100% wrong. There are only a handful of games that are giftable. 95% are not.[/QUOTE]
the valve games he is specifically referring to are the exception.

My Wallet hurts simply looking at the sales. The Indie Packs are popping up (soimeone already linked the Mix pack)

The main page is up. Meat Boy is a one day sale. GOGOGO!

These are the deals of the day, the rest of the deals last until Jan 2nd

captureus.jpg

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Indie Mix Pack is up
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6925/[/QUOTE]

And of course it contains three games that were in the Indie packs during the Black Friday sale: Cogs, Eufloria, and Plain Sight. I don't think I'll buy it if I'm only getting Darwinia and DEFCON.

I picked up CivCity Rome, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, and Shattered Union. Can't beat $1.97.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']It will tell you during checkout whether any duplicates can be gifted.[/QUOTE]

i own l4d1 and l4d2, but when i bought the valve pack it said i won't be receiving extra copies... i thought extra copies of valve games are usually giftable... i should read the terms again.

[quote name='Skram']
I own almost everything in the pack and I'm tempted to buy it again. Jeez.
[/QUOTE]

i only own l4d1 and l4d2 and picked it up

I guess the steam store is getting hammered--I'm having trouble adding stuff to my cart.

Edit: Momentary hiccup. Everything seems to be running fine now.

I already have them all, but that Valve complete sale is the best deal in the history of the internet. Unreal Dead pack is a runner-up.

Cities XL, The Deus Ex collection (because I want digital copies), and Misadventures of PB Winterbottom are all mine. I debated on BFBC2, but I have it on PS3.. I know the mouse/keyboard makes it better, but I just don't see myself (or anyone else) playing it that often.

This is just day one. Oh man. I love Steam.

Holy crap, I didn't even know Munch's Odyssey and Stranger's Wrath were coming to Steam, and here they are in a pack with the other Oddworld games for $12.49? That's honestly really tempting considering I've always wanted to play through the latter two...is the Stranger's Wrath that's up there the updated one that was going to be on the PS3/360? Steam seems to come up with the biggest surprises.

Also, I'm having trouble loading most of the pages of the specials, just comes up with nothing found. I think this sale is so insane that even Steam can't handle it :p

[quote name='coleipoo']I see -00% off the Peggle Complete Pack, making it 14.99. Must have deal.[/QUOTE]

If it was a good deal, I would have acted. Peggle was crack for me on xbox. Having it everywhere my pc go would have been gold.

I think the moral of the story is never buy anything brand new and wait for a sale, unless you 'have to have it' immediately. If you had to have it, it was 'worth' whatever you paid.
I'm going to have to buy a mouse pad with a wrist cushion on the way home b/c of all the deals.

indie heavy hitters pack - Trine, Audiosurf, Braid, Osmos, The Maw, Shattered Horizon, Zeno Clash, World of Goo (it shows up 'not available in your region' for me)

[quote name='Xealot42']I learned my lesson last Xmas sale. I'm not buying anything that isn't a daily deal until the last day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Super Meat Boy is hard to pass up. Is it really as fun as everyone says, CAG?

I love my 2D platformers.[/QUOTE]

Must-have for those who love a challenge.

As much as the catalog presentation looks neat, it annoys me that it doesn't list game titles.. I have to click each one if I can't figure it out from the picture...

[quote name='LazyTriangle']indie heavy hitters pack - Trine, Audiosurf, Braid, Osmos, The Maw, Shattered Horizon, Zeno Clash, World of Goo (it shows up 'not available in your region' for me)[/QUOTE]

same here. prices and stuff are still pretty glitchy, but the overall interface of this years sale is very well done :applause:

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Super Meat Boy is hard to pass up. Is it really as fun as everyone says, CAG?

If you love ripping your hair out in tufts, you'll love it. I hate loving it. It's the gaming version of the abusive spouse you keep coming back to. I've yelled FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so loud while playing that I've waken up my baby on the far side of the house.

Must buy at $3.xx.

YES. If you love 2D platformers, especially indie ones, this is a must buy. Bought it at launch and I've enjoyed it so much. It was a steal at the $10 preorder price, and everyone who loves platformers should get this at the $4 price point.

[quote name='lordopus99']If it was a good deal, I would have acted. Peggle was crack for me on xbox. Having it everywhere my pc go would have been gold.[/QUOTE]

Peggle Complete is 60% off.

I was really hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY to be cheaper. Not sure if I want to bite on that. However, I'm looking to pick up from today:

Super Meat Boy - (Already bought)
Lego Batman
Peggle Complete
FEAR Complete

[quote name='Warlock82']As much as the catalog presentation looks neat, it annoys me that it doesn't list game titles.. I have to click each one if I can't figure it out from the picture...[/QUOTE]

Hold your cursor over the picture and the name pops up.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']indie heavy hitters pack - Trine, Audiosurf, Braid, Osmos, The Maw, Shattered Horizon, Zeno Clash, World of Goo (it shows up 'not available in your region' for me)[/QUOTE]
Yeah WTF that sounds like an awesome pack. Shows up as not available for me too.

[quote name='JP']I was really hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY to be cheaper. Not sure if I want to bite on that. However, I'm looking to pick up from today:

Super Meat Boy - (Already bought)
Lego Batman
Peggle Complete
FEAR Complete[/QUOTE]

I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but honestly Fallout 3 GOTY for $21 is a STEAL. It's worth every penny at even $60.

All these amazing deals and Recettear, the only game I care about, will either be a daily deal or won't be on-sale at all.

I hate you, Steam.

Guess I'll have to settle for Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='aosora13']Guys, do you think that $21 dollars is a good price for Fallout 3: GOTY?[/QUOTE]

I think I paid $25 for it last year and it would have been well worth twice that easily to me. That's an easy 60+ hours of content and even more if you want to complete every mission or achievement. I never got bored once in all of the hours I put into it. Magnificent game.

[quote name='Xealot42']I learned my lesson last Xmas sale. I'm not buying anything that isn't a daily deal until the last day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

what happens on the last day of the sale??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back