Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wargamer']Well I've caved in and purchased Super Meatboy for myself as a Steam gift. If I can fnd a Gamepad soon, I'll redeem it, if not, I'll give it away or sell it.[/QUOTE]

I'm quite fond of the wired 360 controller. I use it as an extra controller on my 360, and it enables me to play on my PC with bothering with batteries.

Anyone know how The Polynomial is?

I love games based on my own music, and the graphics seem kind of cool. Does the game justify the $2.00?

quick question for those in the chat her. my gf loved dragon age: origins like i should have been jealous. those games arent really my bag so i dont know, but is the witcher in that category. maybe make for a good early present?

Defense Grid is an amazing tower defense game and should not be missed for $2. I'm picking up Burnout and possibly Lara Croft, depending on what goes on sale on PSN today.

Those Gothic games have been on my mind a lot recently. May have to bite.

Same on the Guardian of Light.

Even considering a re-buy of the Witcher. Purchased for $6 off Amazon and never downloaded.
Don't know if I can Steam activate it.

Aion: Assault on Balaurea - $10.00 (75% off)
Bioshock 2 - $9.99 (50% off)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $5.00 (75% off)
Defense Grid - $2.00 (80% off)
Disciples III - $7.50 (75% off)
Gothic Bundle - $34.99 (50% off)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $5.10 (66% off), $3.60 if you own any Tomb Raider game
Men of War: Gold Edition - $8.75 (75% off)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - $1.50 (85% off)
Resident Evil 5 - $10.20 (66% off)
The Polynomial - $2.50 (75% off)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $5.00 (75% off)

Man, puzzle quest 1 but not puzzle quest 2. Is the second one better than the first? Should i hold out hope that the second one will become a daily deal?

The Witcher was an instant buy at $5. Was waiting for this after the Summer debacle. Everything else I'll pass on, although Disciples III looks interesting. I think the only thing left, really, is a Civ IV daily deal, and even that I might end up giving in on before too long.

Oh, and TF2 for, oh, $1. Not expecting it, but that's the only way I'll ever end up picking it up.

Day 2 Daily Deals are up. Mostly meh. Good price on The Witcher, Defense Grid is awesome for $2. Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box for $5 is very tempting, though.

Resident Evil 5 for over $10 is a bit disappointing. Any lower and I would have grabbed it.

Personally, I hope Dark Void makes an appearance with a sub-$10 price tag.

got Witcher and burnout. steam decided to take it easy on my wallet today. They gotta give people a chance recoup after the black Friday deals and yesterdays deals. Either way im gonna be broke at the end of this sale lol.

[quote name='Monroeski']Any opinions on whether Fallout 3 GotY is worth it at that price if I already own the base game? In other words, is the DLC worth $20 by itself?[/QUOTE]
Point Lookout was huge and really worth it. One of it's quests, "Walking with Spirits", is pretty memorable and one of my top five quests from all the Fallout games.

Mothership Zeta was also a fun distraction. The others weren't as great but still quick or different. If you played the hell out of Fallout 3 or just wanted a change of scenery from DC, definitely go for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Defense Grid is an amazing tower defense game and should not be missed for $2. I'm picking up Burnout and possibly Lara Croft, depending on what goes on sale on PSN today.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I picked up Defense Grid last holiday. I had never played a tower defense game before, but this one was so much fun. Highly recommend it.

The Witcher is definitely in that category. IMO, the Witcher is the dark fantasy epic that Dragon Age wanted to be. It's a fantastic game, I can't recommend it highly enough, and at $5 it's an absolute steal.

For what it's worth, I played Lara Croft on the Xbox, and it is the best co-op game I've played. My GF loved it, and it's one of the few games that she was asking me to play, as opposed to visa versa. We played it together until we beat every challenge and unlocked every achievement.

And Burnout Paradise is my go-to game for demonstrating Eyefinity / Surround / Multi-monitor gaming. It supports multi-monitor natively, looks fantastic, and really gives you an immersive experience with 3 screens.

I am with a few people here. Puzzle Quest at $1 would be insta buy but even that $0.50 seems like they are asking too much since its so old and many of us already own the DS version(me included). RE5 id rather play on the PS3 or 360 and you can find the game used for around $10 anyways...I recall RE5s sale price dissapointing me last year too! $7.50 or less and id have bought.

I am on the fence with the witcher and Burnout. Both are amazing prices but they are not in the style I would usually like....so do I try something different for that amazing price or wait and maybe next year its even cheaper(again not saying their prices are not amazing right now, just high for someone that generally does not like racing or hardcore role players).

[quote name='timobkg']The Witcher is definitely in that category. IMO, the Witcher is the dark fantasy epic that Dragon Age wanted to be. It's a fantastic game, I can't recommend it highly enough, and at $5 it's an absolute steal.[/QUOTE]

good looking out man:applause:

Anyone who owns a Tomb Raider already: I'll Paypal gift you the $3.60 if you gift me the Lara Croft game, if anyone wants to help, since those who own a Tomb Raider game can get it for $3.60. :p

[quote name='adawg555']Anyone know how The Polynomial is?

I love games based on my own music, and the graphics seem kind of cool. Does the game justify the $2.00?[/QUOTE]

I got The Polynomial earlier from an earlier Steam bundle deal. Now, this is just my opinion, but I thought it was incredibly pretentious and a pain to figure out how to play. I'm all for games as art (be it one pixel on the screen or a bajillion polygons), but The Polynomial was way too experimental for my tastes.

Again, that's just my opinion. There's a demo available on Steam so try that first. There are people on the Steam who really dig it.

I really wish Capcom would port the DLC packs for RE5 over to PC even though the reviews on them are either you like them or you don't.

[quote name='keroppilee']Man, puzzle quest 1 but not puzzle quest 2. Is the second one better than the first? Should i hold out hope that the second one will become a daily deal?[/QUOTE]
The second one is not better, just different. The 2nd one is kind of a 2 steps forward, 1 step back kind of thing. The 1st one is more RPGish, the 2nd one is more Bejeweledish. Get the 1st one; at $1.50 you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Hollywood']Anyone who owns a Tomb Raider already: I'll Paypal gift you the $3.60 if you gift me the Lara Croft game, if anyone wants to help, since those who own a Tomb Raider game can get it for $3.60. :p[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM

Bioshock 2 may be $9.99 a copy individually, but $30 for a four pack works out to $7.50 each. Would anyone be interested in hosting a group buy?

Is this Witcher worth it? The sequel looks pretty good but I heard the first was a bit of a glitchy mess.
Edit: Nevermind, sounds like it's worth it.

Eh. A bit dissapointed with today's deals.

I picked up The Witcher Enhanced Edition for $5.00. And also bought a copy of Puzzle Quest as a gift.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am with a few people here. Puzzle Quest at $1 would be insta buy but even that $0.50 seems like they are asking too much since its so old and many of us already own the DS version(me included)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? .50 is make it or break it for you? The game is an absolute steal @ $1.50 if you haven't played it, or if you want it on Steam. If you don't care about replaying it, or don't really care if you have it on Steam, then the .50 price difference shouldn't be much of a factor anyways.

[quote name='sotc1988']Is this Witcher worth it? The sequel looks pretty good but I heard the first was a bit of a glitchy mess.
Edit: Nevermind, sounds like it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

It was a bit rough at launch but it got a ton of updates. The steam version is the enhanced edition directors cut so it has a lot of content that originally wasn't available at launch in NA.

It is a great deal at $5 if you like long single player RPGs set in dark fantasy settings.

[quote name='Hollywood']Anyone who owns a Tomb Raider already: I'll Paypal gift you the $3.60 if you gift me the Lara Croft game, if anyone wants to help, since those who own a Tomb Raider game can get it for $3.60. :p[/QUOTE]

Anyone that can do this for me too?

Oh, The Witcher:EE is a STEAL, friends. That's a great game. I didn't have any problems getting used to the combat style. This isn't a proper comparison combat-wise, but if anyone has played Phantasy Star Online or Vagrant Story you'll be at home with the snappier timing in The Witcher.

Just... buy it already :)

Lara Croft & TGoTL is such a crazy fun game. The sale price on this is a steal. The Witcher is also a super fun game -- the patches and the huge update after it's release fixed some of the problems people initially had with the game.

I'm thinking I'll buy NBA2K11 since I don't think it'll become a daily deal and will buy two of the indie packs and gift the games I already own from those.

Anyone know if people that bought a Tomber Raider game previously and thus can get Guardian of Light for $3 if they can also then gift a GoL at that price? If so I will gladly paypal someone the money if they will gift it.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Oh, The Witcher:EE is a STEAL, friends. That's a great game. I didn't have any problems getting used to the combat style. This isn't a proper comparison combat-wise, but if anyone has played Phantasy Star Online or Vagrant Story you'll be at home with the snappier timing in The Witcher.

Just... buy it already :)[/QUOTE]

fucking SOLD. PSO is one my all-time favorite games. gonna grab it now.

[quote name='bigant262']Anyone that can do this for me too?[/QUOTE]
I own Tomb Raider: Legend, but the extra discount is not work for me, still 5 bucks. :bomb:

I'm looking for the same thing if possible...if anyone would be so kind as to help me out :)

I already own RE5, Bioshock 2, Defense Grid, Men of War Gold, Burnout Ultimate, and The Witcher or I would totally buy all of those. Gothic 4 needs to get a lot cheaper before I pick it up.

Going to play around with the Guardian of Light demo.

In for the Witcher. Thinking about defense grid, will likely try the demo. Burnout Paradise is appealing but not sure on that. Is it any good?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Oh, The Witcher:EE is a STEAL, friends. That's a great game. I didn't have any problems getting used to the combat style. This isn't a proper comparison combat-wise, but if anyone has played Phantasy Star Online or Vagrant Story you'll be at home with the snappier timing in The Witcher.

Just... buy it already :)[/QUOTE]

Well that's a ringing endorsement for me....can't wait to get off work and purchase it.

Anyone have any idea how big the D/L for Witcher is?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I got The Polynomial earlier from an earlier Steam bundle deal. Now, this is just my opinion, but I thought it was incredibly pretentious and a pain to figure out how to play. I'm all for games as art (be it one pixel on the screen or a bajillion polygons), but The Polynomial was way too experimental for my tastes.

Again, that's just my opinion. There's a demo available on Steam so try that first. There are people on the Steam who really dig it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's about how I felt. Picked it up in the Indy Beat Pack over thanksgiving, gave it a shot, couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing - just ended up dying a couple of times before I quit the game. Not sure I'll ever go back to it.

Thankfully it was part of an Indy Bundle, with some better games, so it's not like I was out a whole lot because of it.

[quote name='mikee021286']well that's a ringing endorsement for me....can't wait to get off work and load those up.

Anyone have any idea how big the d/l for witcher is?[/quote]

14,562 MB.

I don't have it installed at the moment but that is the space requirement when I double click it in my games list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back