Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']alright i caved.. i bought clones after going to its forums.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Had it in my cart yesterday with AvP and then removed them both last night. Just added Clones back and bought it because of the positive feedback and I can't go too wrong for only $2 (which is why I have so many unplayed games on Steam).

Well, at least Cricket Revolution is decent at it's price ($2.49).

As for Ashes Cricket 2009 ($6.69) and Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 ($3.34), not too decent, only 33% off.

$12.52 for all three games is ok, but a cricket pack between $5.00 to $7.50 for all three games above would have been better, considering The Ashes is going on, hopefully boxing day, there will be something...

Crap! Wish I would have check this sooner. I'd have been all over Bully. But I'm stuck at work with no way to buy it. Probably for the best though. I did actually ask for it for Christmas. Always been one one of those games I'd been meaning to pay but never got to.

[quote name='wilflare']alright i caved.. i bought clones after going to its forums.[/QUOTE]

i caved too after CAG forums and the video - looks like a lot of fun!

It looks a little similiar to World of Goo - am I on the right track?

Really loved WoG!

Thanks guys!

[quote name='wilflare']who else got Recettear[/QUOTE]

I did, after playing the demo first. I'm really enjoying it.

Nothing for me today, which is for the best, since my wallet will love me.

Wings of Prey $6
Blood Bowl $20
Blur $15
Darksiders $10
Deathspank $7.50
Risen $15
Silent Hunter games 66% off
Mass Effect games 50% off
Patrician IV $7.50
Dead Rising 2 $20
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $3
Alpha Protocol $7.50

daily Indie game is Doc Clock, $2.50

Id call this disappointing but as I said earlier in the topic this is kind of typical of the previous Christmas sales. The first day gets people hyped, second day is really solid and from there it is pretty hit or miss till the final day(which largely still just encores). I think at this point people should expect one or two more really amazing deals, a few solid ones...but most of its going to be utterly average.

"Ouch" on some of these deals. I hate it when Steam sales start with a bang and fizzle all the way to the end.

Either way, there are some decent deals in here.

EDIT: I totally agree with you. Mr. Magus.

Nothing for me today.
I will give a recommendation towards Alpha Protocol. Picked it up during the thanksgiving sale, an had a blast so far.

Nothing for me today. I would have bit on Blood Bowl and DR2 if it was a bit cheaper. Also, I would be tempted by death spank, darksiders, ME1+2, blur if I didn't have them on 360. Already got in on Alpha Protocol on the last sale.

Blood Bowl for $20? Damn, I was hoping that one would be a little lower if it popped up during this sale.

Still might hop on it though, very tempting...

I'm probably in for Blood Bowl. The Legendary edition added a ton of stuff missing from the original, and I've played the board game a few times. It's not the kind of game that's going to go on sale a lot I would think anyway.

Hell yea, in for Dead Rising 2 and Darksiders! Better deals than I expected. I'll hold out for Mass Effect 2: GOTY edition :)

Not too sure about Risen and Alpha Protocol. Risen seems interesting, but I think 75% off would be nice. Any thoughts on Alpha Protocol's story? I heard it's buggy.

Wow, sales are a whole lot of ehhh... Still waiting for Torchlight for $5 or less and Sword of the Star Complete for under $10. TF2 for like a buck or two would be cool. Looking for some good virtual stocking stuffers for my brother.

I hate Alpha Protocol.

I was having a good time playing it, I made a completely stealth character and then the game came in and ALL the bosses are close combat, they just rush in to you shooting and kicking you ass and a stealth character CANT BEAT THEM. I had to resort to cheat to be able to kill one boss.

[quote name='lito88']Hows Alpha Protocol? Im thinking of picking up Darksiders and Alpha Protocol.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol was a blast whle its graphics have some technical shortcomings the story really kept me engaged to the point where it was the only thing I played until I beat it.

Hmmmm sadly Gamefly sales have gotten more cash off me so far them Steam sales....it says a lot when I was able to get games like Darksiders and Mass Effect for the same price or less from gamefly as from Steam.

Any opinions on Deathspank? Is it worth the $7.50, or should I wait for the inevitable both-parts-in-one package for the same price or less?

For those interested in Alpha Protocol, I can vouch for its superior choices & consequences, relatively interesting story, and interesting gameplay paths. It does not have the greatest combat system (or stealth system), but I was willing to overlook it based on the depth of the game's multi-branching story. And when people say that your choices actually affect the game...they ain't lying.

For $7.50, however? At $5 it's a great diversion, and would have been a re-buy for me (I own the 360 version). 7.50 - even if it is only 2.50 - might just be a bit to own a PC version. For newcomers though, I recommend it if you're a fan of Obsidian's work, even if you're not a fan of their typically buggy products.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hmmmm sadly Gamefly sales have gotten more cash off me so far them Steam sales....it says a lot when I was able to get games like Darksiders and Mass Effect for the same price or less from gamefly as from Steam.[/QUOTE]

We get it dude. Posting on each page about how the Steam sale is disappointing is getting old.

Glad to see Bloodbowl up as a daily, I was getting it regardless at the end. ME2, I bought it, but I really was expecting it to be $5 or at least under 10, but still I've waited all year wanting to play it so screw it.

Tempted on Wings of Prey and Alpha Protocol. WoP demo was fun when I did play it.

[quote name='mokmoof']Any opinions on Deathspank? Is it worth the $7.50, or should I wait for the inevitable both-parts-in-one package for the same price or less?[/QUOTE]

I'd wait, although I paid full price for the first one (waiting on the sale for the second one) and found it well worth it. Not a lot of re playability, but some genuinely funny lines and great voice acting. You'll get a solid six to eight hours on it.

[quote name='SEH']We get it dude. Posting on each page about how the Steam sale is disappointing is getting old.[/QUOTE]

Was not trying to drive the point home, it just occurred to me. Look around many others doing the same, no reason to be a jerk. If I kept doing it for 4 or 5 pages you would have a point, as it stand I have made 2 posts.

[quote name='hellhunde']Still waiting for Torchlight for $5 [/QUOTE]

Ditto. I've missed out on it a few times already at that low of a price. I'm watching this sale like a hawk hoping to get it at that price.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first time Deathspank has gone below $10. Don't know if I'm interested, though. I feel that I could get several more hours of play yet out of my Torchlight saves if I felt like playing the genre right now. Still, I'm a fan of the writers' previous works...

Some good stuff on sale today but I'll wait until they get bigger discounts. Alpha Protocol would be awesome for $5. I mean, I know it's only 2.50 but I've got to stick to my guns...right?

[quote name='KaOTiK']Glad to see Bloodbowl up as a daily, I was getting it regardless at the end. ME2, I bought it, but I really was expecting it to be $5 or at least under 10, but still I've waited all year wanting to play it so screw it.

Tempted on Wings of Prey and Alpha Protocol. WoP demo was fun when I did play it.[/QUOTE]

Same, saw ME2 at $10 and I decided to finally grab it. Been waiting to long to play it. It technically is under $10 too :p

[quote name='zico']Is the Mass Effect 2 price correct? It´s showing $24 bucks for me and I read people saying it was $10?[/QUOTE]
The Digital Deluxe edition is $20, the vanilla one is $10.

[quote name='cusoman']Why are people complaining about the ME2 deal? This is the cheapest it's ever been for PC, on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly, I was hoping for something cheaper too. ME1 for $5 was one of the first ways Steam got me hooked last year. However, that game had also been out for almost two years at that point, so in retrospect the price was realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back