Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSI Magus']Was not trying to drive the point home, it just occurred to me. Look around many others doing the same, no reason to be a jerk. If I kept doing it for 4 or 5 pages you would have a point, as it stand I have made 2 posts.[/QUOTE]

Two posts today. You've made others prior to today as well. I agree with you, the sale is pretty lackluster so far, but it doesn't need to be mentioned every day.

Anyways, my question still stands. Is there any online for Operation Flashpoint?

I bought Alpha Protocol for this price during the Thanksgiving sale, and I found it was totally worth it. Already played through it once (what, a CAG playing through the games they buy? NEVER) and totally have plans to play it again, which I would have bought the game sooner. I'll admit it's buggy, but for it me it wasn't buggy to the point it was broken.

[quote name='cusoman']The Digital Deluxe edition is $20, the vanilla one is $10.[/QUOTE]

What the..?

I get ME2 for $24.99 and the Deluxe for $29.

Crap, I wanna buy it for $10!!!

[quote name='SEH']Are there people online playing Operation Flashpoint? If not I wont bother.[/QUOTE]

skip it and get ArmA 2: Combined Operations on Amazon for $12.50. The first Operation Flashpoint was great but they took Bohemian off the game so they went and made a sequel to their first game, ArmA. If you want a milsim, that it the one you want as the new Flashpoint is garbage.

And if you get ArmA 2, make sure you hit up ArmAholic and get downloading the mods.

[quote name='mrfossey']I'd wait, although I paid full price for the first one (waiting on the sale for the second one) and found it well worth it. Not a lot of re playability, but some genuinely funny lines and great voice acting. You'll get a solid six to eight hours on it.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. Alright, thanks for the input. Still not too sure. I love me some Ron Gilbert, but $7.50 is a little bit steep when there are so many great deals about.

[quote name='cusoman']Why are people complaining about the ME2 deal? This is the cheapest it's ever been for PC, on Steam.[/QUOTE]

While true, other places have offered it cheaper numerous times, and like I said it's cheaper at GamersGate right now with a buy 3 get 1 free.

Was hoping for Dead Rising 2 to be 75% off. Not feeling that big of an itch for it at $20. I can wait, more so with my epic backlog of monstrous proportions.

I would be TOTALLY DOWN for Risen, but it has TAGES. Like the super bad TAGES. I wouldn't even buy it for $5. SecuROM can deauthorize and some "regen" tickets. TAGES is just 3 and you're done. No thank you.

I cannot vouch for the PC version of Alpha Protocol, but it's worth $7.50 IMO. I borrowed it and beat it twice and then purchased it for $15 from GameFly. It's good, a very rough diamond. Be a man, though, and do recruit your first playthrough and then any subsequent ones on Veteran are super, super fun!

Already own retail copies of Mass Effect. An EA store mess-up in my favor landed me all the DLC for free (epic screw up,...).

Rest is meh. 4th day isn't that impressive to me, but for folks without some of these games BUY! BUY! BUY!

Damn, bought Darksiders for close to $15 from D2D about 2 weeks ago. Didn't think it would see $10 so fast. Great price. I LOVED Operation Flashpoint: DR. I only played the single player campaign but had a blast. The slower pace, giant maps and the feel that you're part of something bigger really made it a good time for me.

[quote name='SEH']We get it dude. Posting on each page about how the Steam sale is disappointing is getting old.[/QUOTE]

Playing internet police is even lamer... and pointing it out to you makes me lamer... it's vicious cycle... so how bout we just let people post and worry about ourselves...

[quote name='fart_bubble']skip it and get ArmA 2: Combined Operations on Amazon for $12.50. The first Operation Flashpoint was great but they took Bohemian off the game so they went and made a sequel to their first game, ArmA. If you want a milsim, that it the one you want as the new Flashpoint is garbage.

And if you get ArmA 2, make sure you hit up ArmAholic and get downloading the mods.[/QUOTE]

While I personally enjoyed DR, this man is correct. Arma 2 is superior in every way and for $12.50 you get nearly unlimited gaming goodness.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Damn, bought Darksiders for close to $15 from D2D about 2 weeks ago. Didn't think it would see $10 so fast. Great price. I LOVED Operation Flashpoint: DR. I only played the single player campaign but had a blast. The slower pace, giant maps and the feel that you're part of something bigger really made it a good time for me.[/QUOTE]

What other game would you compare it to? I've been interested in it for a while so I assume at 3 bucks I shouldn't even be hesitating.

Relief for me today! Nothing on my own list, nothing on my x-mas shopping list. Waiting for torchlight or trine or other single player goods for gifts, but I don't want to overburden with 'open world' games. New Vegas and Witcher from the other day have that covered. Not going to rebuy stuff I've got on consoles today either.

Also, since yesterday shows I'm apparently willing to do this, glad to see there's nothing cheap enough to throw around as sincere or gag gifts.

[quote name='Mike UFC']I LOVED Operation Flashpoint: DR. I only played the single player campaign but had a blast. The slower pace, giant maps and the feel that you're part of something bigger really made it a good time for me.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what the file size for this game is by chance?(nevermind, it's about 8 gb.)

What's with some of the moaning? I've consistently been happy with these daily deals, even when they don't apply to me since I already have them or don't have interest in getting them. It's not just about the game as well. I'm sure a lot of people are buying from Steam is for their service as well (collection, download anywhere, definitely not customer support).

Oh, some of you may need more realistic expectations. There are people who will buy them at those sale prices, which includes timing. Lastly, Steam can be as volatile as the stock market. I think keeping those in mind may lessen the haze you're feeling.

Can someone confirm the ME and ME2 (Including Deluxe) prices? Also, where are you located?

I'm in South America and it is showing:

ME $10
ME2 $25
ME2 Deluxe $30

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Khamous']Can someone confirm the ME and ME2 (Including Deluxe) prices? Also, where are you located?

ME $10
ME2 $20
ME2 Deluxe $25[/QUOTE]

I believe some of the sales are not international as someone mentioned bully was not on sale for them yesterday in australia.

[quote name='cusoman']Why are people complaining about the ME2 deal? This is the cheapest it's ever been for PC, on Steam.[/QUOTE]

$10 for ME2 is an absolute steal. I paid $60 for the 360 version and was very happy to do so. Anyone who's never played it, do yourself a favor and splurge. :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']What other game would you compare it to? I've been interested in it for a while so I assume at 3 bucks I shouldn't even be hesitating.[/QUOTE]

Umm, Operation Flashpoint 1 TBH. If you're looking for a Call of Duty style shooter with scripted events and non-stop action then this is not the game for you. My only complaint is the checkpoint system. You'll be running across kilometers worth of terrain only to run into a patrol that'll mow you down so back to running that same terrain. That doesn't happen too often though.

[quote name='Etae']Do you know what the file size for this game is by chance?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's 5 GB. I'll check when I get home.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I believe some of the sales are not international as someone mentioned bully was not on sale for them yesterday in australia.[/QUOTE]

Some have different prices according to region (like BC2 on day 1), So I'm asking to be sure that I can get the lower price possible/get someone to gift and paypal with me for them (if the price is good enough that is).

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']While true, other places have offered it cheaper numerous times, and like I said it's cheaper at GamersGate right now with a buy 3 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]
I get that, but there's something to having it on Steam, it's assurance that I'll get top notch support, and while GamersGate has a lifetime download assurance as well, I just don't trust it as much as I do the fully polished and customer satisfaction heavy Steam service.

That being said, I nabbed it. Was going to wait for it on PS3 with all the DLC, but I just finished ME1 a few weeks ago (from purchasing it at $5 on last year's holiday sale) and really couldn't wait for that release :)

To each their own, but I'll pay a dollar or 3 more for the Steam experience, tyvm.

[quote name='Killbomb']$10 for ME2 is an absolute steal. I paid $60 for the 360 version and was very happy to do so. Anyone who's never played it, do yourself a favor and splurge. :D[/QUOTE]

I second this....I was gonna buy ME1 and 2 on PC ( already have on 360 to see if the graphical difference is worth it so I can determine what platform to get ME3 on but 20 bucks is a bit much for games i already own

ME 1 and 2 are a steal for $10. Two of the best RPGs I've played. ME1 has the better story and more RPG elements, while ME2 has the better gameplay. Yes, Gamersgate has them for $8 each, but you and I both know we'd rather keep everything on Steam.

Did anyone really expect ME2 at $5? The Witcher was $5, and that's a 3 year old game from an unknown company. ME2 came out this year, from Bioware. I pre-ordered it for $35 and it was worth every penny.

I'm still on the fence about Alpha Protocol. I like story-based, dialog-driven RPGs. But the backlog is there, looming over me. I guess the upside to buying it now is that it can't drop all that much lower. I feel bad to whoever bought it at full retail 6 months ago.

Believe I have seen a few people say they want Kings Bounty, just wanted to give a heads up that various games in the KB series are on sale at Amazon via their digital download service.

[quote name='jdktech2010']I second this....I was gonna buy ME1 and 2 on PC ( already have on 360 to see if the graphical difference is worth it so I can determine what platform to get ME3 on but 20 bucks is a bit much for games i already own[/QUOTE]
I don't know about ME2, but ME1 is so much better on PC. Better graphics, bug fixes, no more 5 minute elevator rides, no staring at loading screens for minutes on end. Plus, I find mouse + keyboard to be a much better, faster, and more intuitive control scheme for ME.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Believe I have seen a few people say they want Kings Bounty, just wanted to give a heads up that various games in the KB series are on sale at Amazon via their digital download service.[/QUOTE]
I have the first 2 on Steam, only missing the Crossworlds expansion. I'm guessing if I buy them on Amazon, I'd have to buy all 3 to get them to work?

And today's my expensive day, apparently.

In for Blood Bowl (loved the first one), Darksiders and possibly a Silent Hunter game and Operation Flashpoint.

Today's deals are so disappointing for me, not because they are not great games (they are) and not because I don't want them (I do) but because they are only 50% off. I want to buy Blur, Deathspank, Bloodbowl, Risen, Dead Rising and Mass Effect 2, but I have a huge backlog of games and I don't see the point in buying games I want at only 50% off when I know that if I wait a few months, they will eventually drop to the magic 75% off price point.

I guess It's people like me that are killing the PC gaming industry.....

[quote name='Khamous']I'm in South America and it is showing:

ME $10
ME2 $25
ME2 Deluxe $30[/QUOTE]

US gets:
ME $10
ME2 $10
ME2 Deluxe $20

[quote name='Khamous']Can someone confirm the ME and ME2 (Including Deluxe) prices? Also, where are you located?

ME $10
ME2 $25
ME2 Deluxe $30[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I'm located in Iceland. Funny thing is, I remember ME2 was $20-30 before the sale, now all of a sudden the base price is back up to $50 so the sale price is $25. Goddamn scam if you ask me, although I know regular stores do this all the time.

Maybe you can get a friendly CAG in the US to buy it for you. I'm debating myself if I should do that as I still need to play through the first one again (didn't finish it) and I have a huge backlog. I would really want a GOTY edition with all the DLC preferably, although we don't know if one will ever be available.

[quote name='timobkg']I'm still on the fence about Alpha Protocol. I like story-based, dialog-driven RPGs. But the backlog is there, looming over me. I guess the upside to buying it now is that it can't drop all that much lower. I feel bad to whoever bought it at full retail 6 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I paid $45 for AP at launch and I was pretty pleased. The game is not perfect but it is enjoyable. $7.50 is a great price.

[quote name='Killbomb']$10 for ME2 is an absolute steal. I paid $60 for the 360 version and was very happy to do so. Anyone who's never played it, do yourself a favor and splurge. :D[/QUOTE]

QFT!!!!! Got it on the 360 Day 1 and it's the best money I spent this year. FOR GODS SAKES PICK IT UP!!!!! Whether for PS3/360/PC it's worth every penny and for $10 it's a robbery. I'm picking up all the DLC's next week when they go on sale on XBL. I would get it on steam but I'll hold off getting the PC version too for now. Also there are some great sales other places that are beating steam check them out.

I don't know. This year I've only gotten PB Winterbottom. Kinda bad sales this year, or maybe its just all games I don't want. *shrug* Still a way to go.

[youtube]Hu0RpY_nSW0[/youtube][youtube]eg_-KW70grQ[/youtube]

Holiday Sale Daily Deals
12/23

[youtube]sRYaDq5rXcQ[/youtube][youtube]AB_OQDAaX-0[/youtube]

[quote name='Killbomb']I paid $45 for AP at launch and I was pretty pleased. The game is not perfect but it is enjoyable. $7.50 is a great price.[/QUOTE]

I did as well, and didn't regret it either.

If you are willing to forgive some clunky gameplay in a good story and character driven RPG then it's a great pick-up. No game has made me feel like I had such a direct effect on how it turned out before.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just picked up ME2 standard edition. Got it for 360 already but cant pass up for only $10.[/QUOTE]Why did you buy it on Steam? Steam sales this year are pathetic, many other sites offer the same game for much much less. MassEffect 2 for example is only 7.50 daily on GamerGate.com and doesn't have Steam infamous DRM.

Just a word of support for Blood Bowl. I haven't played the legendary edition, but the first release was fantastic and gave me a ton of good gaming hours.

Also, the Blood Bowl games rarely go on sale, so I suspect this is the cheapest it will be for a while (just my two cents).

Heads up on the indie daily deal: Doc Clock. I know nothing about it, but it's up for $2.50.

Those of you looking at ME1 and ME2 - I checked my transactions, and I picked up ME1 and ME2 DDE back in June for $28.98 together.
Today you can pick up ME1 and ME2 DDE for $29.98 together. :/

This "IS" the infamous Steam Holiday Sale? right?

Still excited about Darksiders and Alpha Protocol though.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on Patrician IV?
Don't know why, but Patrician IV looks interesting....

Just wanted to drop in a big thanks to eastx for keeping up with the updating, and going the extra mile by adding in videos + reviews.

[quote name='jester55']Can anyone give me their thoughts on Patrician IV?
Don't know why, but Patrician IV looks interesting....[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking this as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back