Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird.. Well, the packs which were discounted are still on sale, so I'm assuming it's just temporary and the sale page will be back up shortly.

Edit: It's up now. Wow, CAGs be shoppin. :D

Overlord Complete Pack for $3 - I've seen these games go on sale off and on all the time, is this finally the time to bite? Worth it?

dammit.. i bit on me1, me2, and deathspank at 10:02 pct; still got the daily deal price from yesterday, but didn't really want to spend that money.

[quote name='cusoman']Overlord Complete Pack for $3 - I've seen these games go on sale off and on all the time, is this finally the time to bite? Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Ummm...it's $3. How much lower do you expect it to get.

Odd that Boderlands GOTY isn't discounted when everything it includes is. You could buy them all individually for $20 less than you'd pay for the pack right now.

Nice, 50% off BL, now I can pick up the last DLC. Glad I waited instead of getting it on xbox.

Torchlight is definately worth the 5 bucks if you don't have it and would enjoy a single play diablo clone.

Battlefield 2 - $5.00
Ghost Recon Collection - $9.99
Overlord Pack - $3.00
Saints Row 2 - $7.50
Borderlands - $10.00 (All DLC for $4.99)
Fallout: New Vegas - $29.99
King Arthur Complete Pack - $5.39
ARMA II - $9.99
Torchlight - $4.99
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $9.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $4.99
Counter Strike Source - $4.99

[quote name='shingletingle']Ummm...it's $3. How much lower do you expect it to get.[/QUOTE]
Not the price, just wondering if they're even worth playing at all. Unlike some of you, I still balk at buying these things because I'm not going to buy a game if I don't plan on playing it, you know.

I've been wanting Overlord I ever since I played the demo a year or so ago. Now is the time for me to bite! Every game in the series for $3? It probably will never get better than that.

Hmmm, Fallout: NV for $24.99....very close to my price range. May get Claptrap DLC since it's the last one I need. Good price on King Arthur pack too. If you like Empire Total War type games then you'll like those.

Nothing for me today. Already have Overlord, Torchlight and Borderlands with a few exp packs. Considering Claptrap but I'll probably wait unless it's a huge exp.

[quote name='exopuppy']Odd that Boderlands GOTY isn't discounted when everything it includes is. You could buy them all individually for $20 less than you'd pay for the pack right now.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands GOTY is showing as $24.99 for me

[quote name='Sufuma']
How's the Devil May Cry 4 port? I never played that one.[/QUOTE]

wondering if this is controller enabled. i might bite for $5

if anything, i'll use it to benchmark my video cards. haha

Crap, I missed the Borderlands DLC sale last year. I think each of them was on sale for $3.29 or so. Now they are $4.99 each. I may have to just get in on that now or wait til their next sale. :bomb:

Woah, overlord is a sweet price. Gonna get that and maybe King Arthur. Any Cags play that game and have good things to say about it?
Glad I picked up Borderlands during one of the mid-week sales this year. It was 66% off then which goes to show that you don't necessarily have to wait for the x-mas sale to buy a game on sale.

[quote name='exopuppy']Odd that Boderlands GOTY isn't discounted when everything it includes is. You could buy them all individually for $20 less than you'd pay for the pack right now.[/QUOTE]

The GOTY version just switched to $25.

[quote name='frpilot']wondering if this is controller enabled. i might bite for $5[/QUOTE]

The PC version is AWESOME. It's extremely well optimized, and has good controller support.

It's practically the best version of DMC4, to boot. Capcom really put effort into the port.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Borderlands GOTY is showing as $24.99 for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like they just changed it a few minutes ago. It's really tempting.

King Arthur looks pretty cool so I'm in for that. I think I'll pick up the Overlord pack also. I have Overlord 2 on 360 but I wouldn't mind having a copy on Steam also.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Crap, I missed the Borderlands DLC sale last year. I think each of them was on sale for $3.29 or so. Now they are $4.99 each. I may have to just get in on that now or wait til their next sale. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yep, they were $3.50ish during the Summer Sale six months ago and the base game was similarly discounted (around 10ish).

I highly recommend Overlord pack for that price. Not a lot of replay value but still looking at 50ish hours of interactive comedy fun. I played with M+K since I don't have a controller but it probably plays better with one.

It's odd that when I go to Borderlands GOTY, it says I already own it, but I don't have the Claptrap DLC... is there a way to pick that up as part of already owning it? :p

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Crap, I missed the Borderlands DLC sale last year. I think each of them was on sale for $3.29 or so. Now they are $4.99 each. I may have to just get in on that now or wait til their next sale. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

i got in on borderlands for $10 when they had that sale and got 3 of the dlc for $3.xx; i might have to pick up the last dlc for $5 since it wasn't released yet when they had that sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back