Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jut']Maybe want King's Bounty.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on that. It's been on sale a bunch and I never bite. I played the Armored Princess demo and sunk a few hours into it without even blinking. Backlog is huge and I probably won't play it until 2013, but anyone able to push me over the edge on it?

I'm a story junkie -and never picked up if this was very story driven or it was all about the gameplay?

[quote name='ddrpower']King's bounty Platinum is at a great price at 75% off if you are into turn based strategy games...But I only want crossworlds, which is still at only 50% off! Tough sale.[/QUOTE]

Crossworlds is $10, the platinum is $8.74. Hard sell alright >_>

Rush is from the makers of Toki Tori. Now I'm tempted.

[quote name='ddrpower']King's bounty Platinum is at a great price at 75% off if you are into turn based strategy games...But I only want crossworlds, which is still at only 50% off! Tough sale.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the entire package less than the 50% off price of Crossworlds? It'd be like buying crossworlds at 66% off and getting the other two for free.

Just saying.

[quote name='mokmoof']Is it just mean, or does Crysis seem to be rather stubborn about staying pricey?[/QUOTE]
Yeah seriously, that game is over 3 years old. :drool:

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I second that along with the aforementioned DOOM3; They never seem to offer these games at impulse-worthy prices, and these titles have been out long enough to warrant the discount.[/QUOTE]

Wait. the $8.74 or whatever it is for the entire pack isn't impulse worthy for you? That's a good price even for just Doom 3 + expansion, let alone everything else included.

On another topic, i'm feeling a bit of added sting (moreso than the past days) that now we see the Doom pack on sale, and still not the id pack. What the crap? =P *Still holding out hope*

Hmmm to pick up the Doom pack for the Doom3 expansion and get rid of floppies or to wait and see if the id Super Pack goes on sale later, that is the question.

Also I've played the first couple of hours of Doom3 on Win7 64-bit without problem for what it's worth.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I second that along with the aforementioned DOOM3; They never seem to offer these games at impulse-worthy prices, and these titles have been out long enough to warrant the discount.

I'd like to add that Crysis' 5-machine activation limit further deters my purchase.[/QUOTE]
I just realized that I said "just mean" instead of "just me." An interesting Freudian slip.

$5 was sort of my magical pricepoint, so I must ask: How is Warhead as a standalone game? Would it be pointless to play that before/instead of playing the original Crysis?

What was steam thinking?

ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead $19.99, $15.99 if you own ARMA II

Steam should have looked at amazon, before setting those ridiculous prices...

I'm beginning to think the Indie Potato Pack is a myth. Either that or once steam discovered that it got leaked, they changed it to the Heavy Hitters pack.

[quote name='facls']I got Rush for US$ 2.49 the first day of the sales. It's more than worth that, let alone only US$ 1.69. Very good puzzler.[/QUOTE]

Sold! That should be it for me today.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']I'm beginning to think the Indie Potato Pack is a myth. Either that or once steam discovered that it got leaked, they changed it to the Heavy Hitters pack.[/QUOTE]

All I know is the last day of this sale there are going to be a lot of enraged cags who didn't bite on SMB.

Can someone tell me if its worth it to get the whole Crysis Pack, Because Crysis warhead is 4.99 and I heard its basically the same thing as crysis but with better multiplayer. Is there something I will be missing if I just get warhead?

Grabbed King's Bounty. Had my eye on it for a while, figured I'd see it on sale this week.

Some of the other deals are kinda tempting (SimCity 4, Mount & Blade, Rush, Section 8), but nothing that I can justify picking up.

Now I just need to pick up Civ IV - I know that if I pick it up now, it'll be on sale even further tomorrow.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Can someone tell me if its worth it to get the whole Crysis Pack, Because Crysis warhead is 4.99 and I heard its basically the same thing as crysis but with better multiplayer. Is there something I will be missing if I just get warhead?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a different campaign. Both were quite fun, imho.

There's a Rush demo on Steam as well, about 10 puzzles, gives you a good idea on how it plays.

[quote name='Teeheehee']Sold! That should be it for me today.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kayatai']Isn't the entire package less than the 50% off price of Crossworlds? It'd be like buying crossworlds at 66% off and getting the other two for free.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Why pick up the pack when crossworlds will drop in price later, when that's the only one I want? :)

Yes, the pack is cheaper than the game itself. You would expect the game would be discounted as well. Alas, it is not, so I don't need it. (That and I personally never finished the first King's Bounty yet anyways)

All that being said, the platinum pack is worth it if you have none of the games, but you're interested in any of the games. I don't really see much story in it, it's more of subtle humor, but it's definitely a time sink. There's a demo of Armored Princess floating around in case anyone's curious.

Warhead is multiplayer only. Crysis has the single player + some multiplayer. I picked up both a year ago and haven't touched both that much.

If you are a fan of MechWarriors though, you might want to take a look at this mod for Crysis.

[quote name='DeathDream']Warhead is multiplayer only. Crysis has the single player + some multiplayer. I picked up both a year ago and haven't touched both that much.

If you are a fan of MechWarriors though, you might want to take a look at this mod for Crysis.[/QUOTE]
This is wrong. Warhead has a single player campaign.

KINGS BOUNTY, GLOBAL AGENDA for me!

I like the Sound and look of Global Agenda, a free 2 play MMO that acts like a 3rd person shooter. Ill play it.

Ive always wanted Kings bountry and love tactical games. LOVE STEAM.

[quote name='DeathDream']Warhead is multiplayer only. Crysis has the single player + some multiplayer. I picked up both a year ago and haven't touched both that much.

If you are a fan of MechWarriors though, you might want to take a look at this mod for Crysis.[/QUOTE]

I think you're talking about Crysis Wars. Warhead has a single player campaign where you play as Sykes.

Think I'm getting the Crysis Pack and maybe the Doom Pack. I really only want Doom 3 but the price for everything is pretty good IMO. Lost Horizon looks interesting but I can hold out for a 75% sale.

Crysis Warhead is a parallel game to Crysis. You must be thinking of the multiplayer component, which has a different name (Crysis Wars). I cannot recall if they share the multiplayer component or not, but the maximum edition should have it, presumably with Warhead.

Warhead is singleplayer only, but comes bundled with Crysis Wars which is multiplayer only. If you only buy Warhead, you will miss out on a lot of great mods that only work on the original Crysis, such as Mechwarrior: Living Legends and the amazing Call of the Fireflies.

If the mythical Potato Pack shows up this week as a daily deal... What do you guys think the price is going to be? $20?

Passed on both SMB and Killing Floor thus far and even though I already have 4 of the indie games in the pack, I will def pick it up if the price is right.

All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy. All work and no potato makes jack a dull boy.

Why on earth do they never discount Wolfenstein?? It's not exactly a new game and it's sat stubbornly at $39.99 for like a year!

heads up too: Rush is from the same studio behind the very underrated Toki Tori. Might be worth a look at $1.69

Thinking of getting Crysis Max, King's Bounty Platinum, and IL-2 1946.

I already have Armoured Princess, but I'd like the add-on and Legend too.

[quote name='contej85']Does anyone on CAG have any experience with Global Agenda? Never heard of it before but sounds interesting, and I'd like some impressions.[/QUOTE]

Theres a demo you can try out. I personally liked it, but I know that its not everybodys cup of tea. I would tell you its like mass effect but I would be lying. Its similar, but not exactly the same. Just try out the demo

YES, I have been wanting Crysis since it came out, but at the time, I never had a PC that could run it (I still don't in all honesty), but $10 for the collection is to cheap to pass up, love Steam.

Tempted on Global Agenda. Will try the demo.

Man plenty of things I'd like today with Il-2, Kings Bounty, and Doom pack. Crysis looks interesting, but I'm not a fan of securom.

Interested in Crysis, and possibly SimCity 4. I purchased Cities XL for $5 a couple days ago, so I think I'll pass on SimCity.

$10 for the Crysis pack seems like a good deal. Can anyone give me a reason not to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back