Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kurina']Didn't see this posted yet, but to be fair it's early and I don't have much time to skim the entire thread. I saw the title of the thread about Fallen Earth for $10. No point paying that, as Alienware is giving away free product keys.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/fallen-earth[/QUOTE]
Wow, thanks :D

I've been considering giving this a try, a price tag of 0 definitely made up my mind.

[quote name='hypertek']do you guys think left 4 dead will ever go back on sale soon? i missed that super deal a few months ago[/QUOTE]

Yes. Valve finds an excuse to put all of their games on sale, frequently. But if you insist on buying it on sale, then you have to pay attention to the sales. Now sure how you could miss all the times that these games have been Under $10 in the past 6 months. Good luck.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I've said this every time GA goes on sale and I'll continue to. GA is a pretty good game. I bought it for the beta and have logged about 60 hours with it. If you're looking for an MMO like WoW that you can pour yourself in to though, look elsewhere.

The game started off marketed as an action-MMO, but they quickly started dropping most of the MMO talk. The game, at its heart, is a 3rd person tribes-style shooter with a lobby. There's really nothing exceptionally MMO about it aside from its PvE area which no one uses.

The combat is pretty good, like I said, fairly tribesish. Objective based gameplay with your standard archetypes of classes (Tank, healer, sniper, builder etc.). Each class has 2 specified talent trees that vastly differ, practically making it 8 classes. They also share a 'general' tree. As you level, you unlock a variety of weapons, not necessarily better or worse than the previous ones (Not until the really high levels though, but they keep people in a similar level bracket) which is nice because a level 1 can still easily kill a level 15 if they're a genuinely better player.

There's some instanced PvE which is fun, but nothing ground breaking. You fight AI robots and top it off with a boss. This is useful for getting money and materials for crafting. There're also clan matches which are fought for spaces on a map. This is where the game shines most, but unfortunately suffers from people making 300+ player clans just to control the map. If you find a decent sized tight-knit group to stake your claim in the map though, it's a blast.

All in all, it was worth the 40 I payed for it, it's most definitely worth the 7.50 it is now.[/QUOTE]

I've only put an hour and a half into the demo, and I'm really enjoying it... Quite a bit more than I would have expected. I think it's definitely worth the price, but I'm just having so much trouble pulling the trigger, since Guardians of Graxia looks pretty nice too, and I want to see what the weekend deal is.

I guess what I'm getting at is... Global Agenda is my first MMO-esque game. I'm liking what I've played so far in the demo, and it sounds like it gets better. I just need a little more to purchase it... Arg... I think I'm gonna regret not doing it, but I've heard either the game is fun, or it's very mediocre... But for $7.50, why the hell not?

EDIT: Yeah, I just said screw it and went ahead and got it. I'm sure I'll play it at least ~7 hours. I've always heard people saying Steam sales kill them, and I've only experienced one and then these mid-week and weekend sales, and the Christmas sale. *sigh*

You can easily get $7.50 out of GA if you like shooters (especially Tribes). Also, since Hi-Rez is making the Tribes MMO you gotta shazbot.. err, support them!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']How populated is Global Agenda?[/QUOTE]

It usually sits at around 1,000 players connected via Steam. I don't know how many off Steam though, but doubtfully more than 20% of Steam users.

With this sale though, it's at about 2,000.

This weekend only, save 85% on King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame!

Build the majestic Camelot, recruit fabled knights to your Round Table, and battle with legendary warriors and monsters in this turn-based RPG.

Offer expires on Monday, Feb. 7th at 10AM PST.

Additionally, the latest expansion to King Arthur, The Druids, is now available on Steam!

85% off makes it $2.99.

Complete Pack is 70% off, as well. ($11.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24400/?snr=1_4_4__40

Will try to get that THQ info later.

[youtube]YTX7PJSYksw[/youtube][youtube]W_smVxmZxmg[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 2/3

[youtube]8hvYdhTpQwI[/youtube][youtube]S-OekSC96XA[/youtube]

[quote name='Decker']Note : All the King Arthur DLC except the brand-new Druids pack is available in a bundle called The Saxons that is also discounted 85% for $1.49.[/QUOTE]

any cag feedback on the game? similar to empire total war?

[quote name='forbiddenx']I haven't played Myst before, is it worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's worth it, provided of course you have an interest in the genre.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Am I missing something? Global agenda is showing up 29.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

Global Agenda was the Midweek Madness sale. Midweek Madness deals usually end on Thursday afternoon, about the same time that the Weekend Deal starts.

Hmm... I'm mulling over whether to just get King Arthur and the Saxons pack and wait for Druids to go on sale later, or if i should just spring for the complete pack...

With the other expansions having gotten so cheap I'm thinking Druids should probably drop in price too before too long... unless it has more content than the previous DLC packs?

You're essentially paying $7.51 for Druids in the complete pack. So if it drops down to $1.50 before long, that's enough savings for at least one more game on a steam sale.

Any suggestions or opinions?

[quote name='ZeroFactorial']Hmm... I'm mulling over whether to just get King Arthur and the Saxons pack and wait for Druids to go on sale later, or if i should just spring for the complete pack...

With the other expansions having gotten so cheap I'm thinking Druids should probably drop in price too before too long... unless it has more content than the previous DLC packs?

You're essentially paying $7.51 for Druids in the complete pack. So if it drops down to $1.50 before long, that's enough savings for at least one more game on a steam sale.

Any suggestions or opinions?[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend waiting and spending money elsewhere, then coming back in roughly 10-11 months to find this game -- and over 1,000 other games -- at this price, or possibly cheaper.

If you desperately need another RTS, however, then sure, go for it. But only go for the game and expansion pack on sale, then wait for Druids to drop, which it obviously will. It's a little difficult to recommend buying one expansion at a higher price than all the other content that came out before it, especially given how many RTS games there are on Steam, and that the game itself released in 2009.

I was thinking about this game, too. Then I remembered that I bought quite a few better games during Christmas, and promptly left the page.

[quote name='ZeroFactorial']Hmm... I'm mulling over whether to just get King Arthur and the Saxons pack and wait for Druids to go on sale later, or if i should just spring for the complete pack...

Any suggestions or opinions?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it helps, but I have an extra King Arthur complete from the Christmas sale. Druids is missing of course, but I can send it to you for same price at Christmas via $5.39 paypal gift.

This should tide you over until Druids is on sale...

PM if you are interest.

[quote name='jester55']Not sure if it helps, but I have an extra King Arthur complete from the Christmas sale. Druids is missing of course, but I can send it to you for same price at Christmas via $5.39 paypal gift.

This should tide you over until Druids is on sale...

PM if you are interest.[/QUOTE]

that content costs $4.48 through the weekend deal.

[quote name='paz9x']that content costs $4.48 through the weekend deal.[/QUOTE]

Crap! I misread the current deal! Guess I'm the sucker for purchasing the pack during Christmas.... Now I guess I will have to set on this extra pack for a while.

[quote name='jester55']Crap! I misread the current deal! Guess I'm the sucker for purchasing the pack during Christmas.... Now I guess I will have to set on this extra pack for a while.[/QUOTE]

the packs are generally a good deal, sucks you got stuck with an extra for longer than you wanted.

Arthur is a pretty deep game. No need to buy the Druids right now.

I am playing through the original campaign, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not so sure about the "RTS" claim though. I think the battles are basically die rolls when 2 units get near each other. Archers are devastating though. If you can get the opposing army to charge through arrows to get to you, you will decimate them. :)

I have Total War, but never played it.... :whistle2:( But I have played plenty of RTS'. (C&C, Age of Empires etc.) I like Arthur, but it is the non traditional RTS elements that I enjoy... The levelling up of your units, commanders special abilities, story choices etc.

I have definitely gotten my $2 worth.

[quote name='Indignate']Well turns out my computer is too shitty to play King Arthur. I really need to get started on building a new PC.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I am starting to hit that wall myself, but I am trying hard to wait till close to D3 to upgrade! Just keep in mind the longer you wait the more prices drop and the more power you ultimately end up with!

hmmm I thought I got the whole king arthur pack for $2 and change
well either way if it's just the core game, I'll dig in and have a good look at it :)

[quote name='MSI Magus']I hear that. I am starting to hit that wall myself, but I am trying hard to wait till close to D3 to upgrade! Just keep in mind the longer you wait the more prices drop and the more power you ultimately end up with![/QUOTE]

That holds true infinitely...

I do not see it listed on steam right now but the epic battle axe podcast said that steam is going to have a preorder deal where you buy Dungeon Siege 3 and get 1 and 2 free.

[quote name='Pheace']That holds true infinitely...[/QUOTE]

Yes it holds true for ever ever but that just shows its smart to wait. If you run out and buy a new PC today when really there is no game you are dying to play or need a PC upgrade for for 6 months your just pissing away money.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I do not see it listed on steam right now but the epic battle axe podcast said that steam is going to have a preorder deal where you buy Dungeon Siege 3 and get 1 and 2 free.[/QUOTE]

If they have a 4 pack available it will make this even sweeter! :applause:

[quote name='evildeadjedi']If they have a 4 pack available it will make this even sweeter! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Seeing as it is SquareEnix I really doubt it. But yeah if they did a 4 pack id actually consider buying it.

some guy from our CAG dogfighter group is phishing for steam accounts, linking to a legit looking website and offering free games for account info. the retard. anyways dont fall for this stuff, valve doesnt give free games, just crazy cheap sales. :)
scammer2z.jpg

Man, I'll have to see if it lets us remove people from Public groups... I'm afraid it might not. In the meantime, block him. Also, please shrink that image. :)

Some quick thoughts:
- Firefox automatically scales the image, so he may not have noticed.
- I hope all the armor packs in Retribution are eventually unlocked.
- Cyan sale is over.

[quote name='henrylin22']some guy from our CAG dogfighter group is phishing for steam accounts, linking to a legit looking website and offering free games for account info. the retard. anyways dont fall for this stuff, valve doesnt give free games, just crazy cheap sales. :)][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that same crap earlier today. :bomb:

[quote name='cheapo72']Some quick thoughts:
- I hope all the armor packs in Retribution are eventually unlocked.[/QUOTE]
The different pre-order wargears for the different races? They'll be available individually on Steam after release day... for a price, of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back