Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Ive been holding out for a sale on CIV 5, should i get it now, or wait.[/QUOTE]

Saturday 50% off on Civ 5 on Greenmangaming and it seems to already have a lower base price to begin with.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Ive been holding out for a sale on CIV 5, should i get it now, or wait.[/QUOTE]

From all the reviews and feedback from other who bought Civ 5, I would recommend getting Civ 4. Not only is it much cheaper, but everyone is saying it's better than 5. I have 4 and it's very enjoyable, plus the package includes all the DLC.

Huh, the absence of Hitman: Contracts is conspicuous, especially considering it's the same developer/publisher as the other three, and that it certainly stands up to, if not surpasses, the others.

Now I just have to decide if I want all three or just Blood Money. If my backlog wasn't a bajillion games already, it'd be an easy decision...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Picked up Civ 4. Never played a Civ game, but everybody keeps raving about it, so I figure $7.50 isn't much of a gamble.[/QUOTE]

"You chose.....wisely." :)

[quote name='madcatz1999']Huh, the absence of Hitman: Contracts is conspicuous, especially considering it's the same developer/publisher as the other three, and that it certainly stands up to, if not surpasses, the others.

Now I just have to decide if I want all three or just Blood Money. If my backlog wasn't a bajillion games already, it'd be an easy decision...[/QUOTE]

Contracts isn't on Steam because the copyright for the song in Rendezvouz in Rotterdam wasn't able to be renewed.

[quote name='hal']Contracts isn't on Steam because the copyright for the song in Rendezvouz in Rotterdam wasn't able to be renewed.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Too bad they just couldn't omit it from the game (I'm guessing they would have if they could).

I picked up Blood Money, since I really enjoyed playing through Hitman 2. For $2.50 it's hard to go wrong.

FYI looks like we have more account fishing etc going on in our steam groups

Never tell your password to anyone.
Friday, February 18, 2011
4:16 PM - ?!: Hi! I found Incredible site of FREE STEAM GAME! IT'S fuckING TRUTH! A hacker hacked steam and now you can get any game you want for FREE! GO CHECK IT NOW: *link removed* ENJOY!
?! is now Online.

I posted my own thread about it but it got no attention.

Crysis 2 is available from the UK Steam store for 30 pounds, or $48. Get a friend to gift it to you from over there if you're thinking about preordering.

[quote name='paulcalypse']I'm hoping for a deal on the Deus Ex games. I've never owned either, and I've heard great things about them.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad you missed the Christmas sale where the first two games were bundled for only $3.

[quote name='Blade']It's too bad you missed the Christmas sale where the first two games were bundled for only $3.[/QUOTE]Bummer. Was that 2010 or 2009?

[quote name='paulcalypse']Bummer. Was that 2010 or 2009?[/QUOTE]

Just two months ago in 2010. That's when I picked it up, although I still haven't played it yet. I don't think we'll see it as one of the weekend sales, but it'll most likely pop back up during one of their bigger sales.

I have a copy of Portal 2 and Metro 2033 that I want to trade for Bulletstorm on Steam. If you're interested PM me.

Honestly, I just want The Last Remnant for like $5 or something. I actually rather liked that game.

[quote name='pROvIs']FYI looks like we have more account fishing etc going on in our steam groups[/QUOTE]

Don't give that scamming fuckface the dignity of actually posting their link. Censor that shit, for everyone's sake.

Grabbed Blood Money. And add me to the list of weirdos who would totally buy The Last Remnant if it were below $5, as it has yet to be.

[quote name='mokmoof']Grabbed Blood Money. And add me to the list of weirdos who would totally buy The Last Remnant if it were below $5, as it has yet to be.[/QUOTE]

I'll already beat it on 360 but... I'm on that list too for some reason.

Does the Steam version of the first K&L have GFWL? I know retail does, but I don't see anything about it in the description.

I, too, would buy Last Remnant for $5, because I'm a sucker for JRPGs that I never have time to play. Seems unlikely though, as it's been $40 forever and AFAIK has never been on sale.

[quote name='BitLooter']Does the Steam version of the first K&L have GFWL? I know retail does, but I don't see anything about it in the description.

I, too, would buy Last Remnant for $5, because I'm a sucker for JRPGs that I never have time to play. Seems unlikely though, as it's been $40 forever and AFAIK has never been on sale.[/QUOTE]
It's been on sale several times, but has never (to the best of my knowledge) gone below $10.

[quote name='jj5206']thinking of getting Civ IV at $7, on the fence though as i've never played a Civilization game...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and I'm also trying to decide between IV and V..

When I ran Civ V (demo) on my laptop, it was a bit of a resource hog. Civ IV, not so much. Civ IV has religion that you can force on your citizens, but Civ V removes this in favor of a more streamlined approach, but does include nation states that can become your allies (mini-civ's that are there to help or hinder you). Reviews keep saying Civ V favors the military approach whereas I don't remember that being the case with Civ IV when I played it.

Everything I read from players a few months back was people complaining about Civ V bugs, though those MAY have been fixed by now. The thing that concerns me the most about Civ V is the hardware it's using to render a relatively simple-looking game. Perhaps you should try the demo...

[quote name='brandonandtiff']Agreed, and I'm also trying to decide between IV and V..[/QUOTE]

4, 4, 4!

Great awesome value for money, great game!

And in the meantime you can decide A) Whether you like that type of game. B) Let Civ 5's price fall even lower C) Let Civ 5 get patched up even more.

I love Civ IV and the reviews of V don't have me aching to buy it.

I did get a Mac over Christmas though and at $7.50 I was thinking of downloading this to try Steam on Mac. I was waiting for SP1 of Windows 7 to come out before I bought a copy to run in Parallels or Bootcamp, so some OSX gaming would be nice to have more my upcoming business trip.

I tried searching on here but couldn't find a thread that answered it. Is Civ IV on Steam for Mac any good? I've read a mix of reviews for Steam on Mac in general. $7.50 is worth taking a chance, but there is nothing more frustrating than a game that doesn't run well.

[quote name='Pheace']4, 4, 4!

Great awesome value for money, great game!

And in the meantime you can decide A) Whether you like that type of game. B) Let Civ 5's price fall even lower C) Let Civ 5 get patched up even more.[/QUOTE]

This. Plus I'd add that civ 4 is still my favorite Civilization game. 5 over simplified things a bit and removed some of the entertaining depth of 4. 5's not a bad game, but it's certainly not a great game like 4.

[quote name='JakeNome']is it weird that I don't feel like I own a game if I have the physical copy? it only becomes real to me when its on steam.[/QUOTE]

I love Steam, but I feel the complete opposite, and I think most people would as well.

[quote name='BitLooter']I, too, would buy Last Remnant for $5, because I'm a sucker for JRPGs that I never have time to play. [/QUOTE]

This exactly. I think I have 50 PS2 RPGs in my backlog.

[quote name='JakeNome']is it weird that I don't feel like I own a game if I have the physical copy? it only becomes real to me when its on steam.[/QUOTE]

I get the same feeling when I have a game on another service.

yes, it is.

No, it is not.

My physical copies just collect dust on a shelf. Games in the ol' Steam collection are all that matter to me. :)

[quote name='eastx']My physical copies just collect dust on a shelf. Games in the ol' Steam collection are all that matters to me. :)[/QUOTE]

I love my Steam collection too, but don't you feel a game to be more special if you have the physical disc, the box, the manual, etc.?

I suppose I can appreciate a physical copy if it has a decent box and manual, but then again I'd trade it for not having to have the cd in my computer to play the game. Which is a big reason why I like steam so much.

I'm guessing the Tomb Raider collection will be on sale today. It sucks that non franchise games in the Square Enix collection never make it on sale.

[quote name='Cornkrise']I'm guessing the Tomb Raider collection will be on sale today. It sucks that non franchise games in the Square Enix collection never make it on sale.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so, not much more that interests me in the collection, sadly.

I remember loving Square to bits during the PS1 times ... such a different name now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back