Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, wish they would just start a new thread for each steam deal. Anyone know if we will ever see Minerva's Den on Steam? Don't seem to find any confirmation online.

[quote name='JakeNome']would anyone be willing to gift me Bioshock 1 in exchange for Mafia 2?[/QUOTE]

I would. Never done that before. How would that work?

Does anyone know if you already own Magicka if you can get an extra copy by buying the complete pack?

I am thinking about buying a four pack and then the complete pack for myself and gifting the copies to friends. I could buy a bunch of complete packs but would rather not spend the money but I do want the DLC myself.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']if anybody starts a Bioshock 2 4-pack group buy count me in, I would do one myself but I don't know how, I've never done it before[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing for me, interested but I've never done it before

[quote name='pROvIs']Does anyone know if you already own Magicka if you can get an extra copy by buying the complete pack?

I am thinking about buying a four pack and then the complete pack for myself and gifting the copies to friends. I could buy a bunch of complete packs but would rather not spend the money but I do want the DLC myself.[/QUOTE]

no, from a thread on the steam forums you dont get an extra from the complete.

[quote name='paz9x']no, from a thread on the steam forums you dont get an extra from the complete.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, wonder if it works in the opposite order.

Both BioShocks are solid deals at that price... already have them though.

Thank goodness for the Midweek deal... count me in for Magicka complete!

[quote name='paz9x']no, from a thread on the steam forums you dont get an extra from the complete.[/QUOTE]

FYI, if anyone was going to try this in the opposite order, it doesn't work at all. It wont let you even purchase it.

Steal of the century getting both Bioshock games for $10 or 8.75 if you get part 2 in a pack. Think I'll get the Magicka complete pack. The demo was fun and with my gaming rig down, this and Hoard will provide some good times until I get it fixed.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Just picked up Bioshock 2 and Magicka: Vietnam! I wonder if Borderlands will be on sale within the next few days...[/QUOTE]

No doubt Civilization and Borderlands left in the coming two days.

loving these bundles to give to the devs and other charities knowing (well hopefully) that they will receive the funds :)

The Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Collection from a few weeks ago was just updated with the remaining Genesis games like Sonic and Mean Bean Machine.

Already beat Magicka Vietnam with my friends, didn't take long at all. Then after the rescue mission, survival mode crashed and we got bored so we stopped lol.

Picked up Bioshock 1 and 2, the Magicka bundle + I also got the humble indie bundle today...pretty good haul to keep me busy for a bit. Hoping for the Borderlands Claptrap DLC to go on sale so I can then have all the Borderlands DLC. Also maybe some Civ 5 DLC to go on sale as well to compliment the free Civ 5 I got with my sandybridge upgrade a while back.

Also anyone looking for people for Magicka or Bioshock multi feel free to add me: BGriff2007

Bought Bioshock 2 before I checked this thread again (I keep forgetting that I could get people together for the group deal on here!). Now time to finally beat my PS3 copy of Bioshock 1!

[quote name='parcel621']does anybody know if I'll be able to link this up to my Gfwl account? I kinda want the achievements... thanks[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can use whichever GFWL account to get the achievements for Bioshock 2 only.

It can be confusing/hard at first. It's a lot more fun with 3 other people as well. Lots of fun when you have people though.
Can't go wrong with the $8 complete pack :)

Borderlands plus all DLC on sale, I own vanilla copy of the game debating if I should get the all the DLC or just buy the GOTY version, they both cost the same ($7.50)

can you get the GOTY pack gifted if you already own the vanilla version? (GOTY is cheaper than the whole dlc in the 4pack, so yeah, lol)

I just checked the DLC and it seems I already own General Knoxx and Zombie Island of Dr Ned, I don't even remember buying those lol. I haven't even played the game yet my laptop can't handle it, waiting til I finish my new gaming rig to give it a try... I'll just buy the Claptrap and Moxxie DLC then to have a complete version of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back