Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']I don't know for certain but I don't think they ever said Meat Boy would actually see a price increase, merely that it wouldn't go on sale anytime soon and, yes, that was obviously a lie. Still, assuming they do raise the price to $20 that would only take it down to $5 after a 75% off discount. So it could be a case of you could either have it for $7.50 now in a four-pack versus $5 two months from now.[/QUOTE]

Theres no way theyre going to double the price from $10 to $20, no way. also if you stick to your logic and the individual price went to $5 during the sale, that would make the 4-pack $15 and $3.75 a person.
so, half of what it is now.
id bet they dont raise the price and it gets cheaper.

but if its worth this price to someone they should buy it and enjoy it now.
its interesting to me, im going to check out some videos but ill still wait until the sale.

[quote name='topplehat']Does this mean no more Midweek Madness/Weekend sales?[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I've been wondering...and also hoping it's not the case, which is also really bad for the already slim wallet :(

It'd be fine with me if they stopped doing midweek madness/weekend deals. We now get at least 7 deals a week. I don't need to be tempted to spend more money.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']It'd be fine with me if they stopped doing midweek madness/weekend deals. We now get at least 7 deals a week. I don't need to be tempted to spend more money.[/QUOTE]

Well, at some point you will own every game on Steam so this will not be an issue.

Majesty 2 for 3.40

Any thoughts on this? Looks like a nice simple quirky game. Something I might need to play after work lol. Is it good?

What a bunch of crap, I decided to buy flash point with a few minutes left on a pc without steam, and their store keeps telling me wrong password so I though I had forgotten it time ran out. I get on my XPS, open steam enter the SAME freaking password and it open. Best Buy site does that to me all the time also, didn't expect that from steam. Oh well it'll be cheap again either on on go gamer or summer sale probably

[quote name='6er']with a few minutes left [/QUOTE]

Found your problem. Steam didn't tell you when the sale would be ending. I think if you assume exactly 24 hours, and you buy at 23:45, you run the risk of getting burned.

A good lesson for all of us, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gcorlett']Found your problem. Steam didn't tell you when the sale would be ending. I think if you assume exactly 24 hours, and you buy at 23:45, you run the risk of getting burned.

A good lesson for all of us, though.[/QUOTE]
Actually the new daily deals DO have a time remaining countdown. Any word on Majesty 2? best to wait for a complete bundle? has it been any cheaper? Thanks.

[quote name='slofton']Majesty 2 for 3.40

Any thoughts on this? Looks like a nice simple quirky game. Something I might need to play after work lol. Is it good?[/QUOTE]
The first game is great the second game is ok but not as good, worth this though.

About halfway in the game the difficulty ramps up into absurd levels of spam attacks

If anyone has a good way to beat the dragon level I'm all ears lol

[quote name='Pheace']Ow good lord we're doomed. Still midweek madness. Worms reloaded -50%[/QUOTE]

Oh god, why Steam. I mean I am a CAG, I love being a CAG but steam needs to calm the fuck down or were all going to go broke. :lol:

Also the second that Terriaria 4 pack goes on sale I am buying it for me and a few friends (unless they buy it first). I know that game will drop sometime.

[quote name='Pheace']Ow good lord we're doomed. Still midweek madness. Worms reloaded -50%[/QUOTE]

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

[quote name='KaOTiK']They just added Singularity to midweek madness now too. $10.20 66% off[/QUOTE]

Can anyone sell me on this? I love a good single player centric eff pee ess.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Can anyone sell me on this? I love a good single player centric eff pee ess.[/QUOTE]

I finished the xbox version. I didnt think it was nearly as good as I had heard. Its not a bad game in anyway though, cant say its not worth the $10

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Can anyone sell me on this? I love a good single player centric eff pee ess.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it, I've been waiting for it to get into the $10 range to pick it up.

From everything I've heard from other people is, it is a pretty solid game overall and enjoyable. It looked good to me and I've been in the mood for an FPS for a few months now, was thinking Duke was going to be the fixed, but this might be it instead :D

Its a good game, pretty underated in my book. I played it on the 360 and it was pretty refreshing story, decent twists, bout 6-8 hours depending on your skill, never played the multiplayer.

Singularity looks good at that price, but I think with steam's announcement of more sales, and my backlog being as large as it is, I'll hold off. I'm sure it'll be cheaper down the road, or at least the same price.

Singulatiry looks like a nice FPS. But I'll wait for an even better deal what with my backlog staring me in the face. Even only The Witcher 1 will keep me hooked for hours I reckon :p

Majestic looks interesting as well. But with that sort of games I always like the full pack on sale so I'll wait for that as well. I looked up Majestic 1 as well and I must say that that looks like MORE fun than 2. Maybe because it looks so retro. I like that graphic style alot.

Worms [FONT=&quot]€[/FONT]10 ? Nothing has changed since WORMS 2 (1997!!!!) of which I still have a physical copy somewhere around here. It's probably still the best worms to date. You could tweak just about anything in there to keep the fun alive.

Yeah some things changed in new versions: LESS OPTIONS. It seems like every worms game comes with less fun factor to fool around with. I was scammed when the first worms came out on XBL arcade... options for tweaking were nonexistant and there wasn't even a frigging Holy Handgrenade in there! WTF. Then another worms came out. Bought it: slightly more options and weapons but still a letdown. Nah, Team17 got enough of my cash already. I'm not spending one more cent on a worm game ever again.

[quote name='cycophuk']Anyone have any experience with the Majesty series? It sounds interesting, but I'd rather get some input before I jump on it.[/QUOTE]
I love the series

You make guilds and shops and then the warriors or clerics or whoever you hire do whatever they want. The way to make them do things is to offer rewards for certain things. If you want a monster dead put a bounty on it's head and you'll see some of your characters go to defeat it. As they do that they'll level up and get money and they buy items in the shop (which you pay to stock)

Majesty 2 isn't as good as the first one, it's more RTS'y then it's a kingdom sim but it's still fun

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey guys, I have a free steam code for portal 2. Who wants it ? (No this is not a joke btw)[/QUOTE]

send it to cheapy to use on the cagcast.

[quote name='Pheace']Todays daily will be 18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul -66%[/QUOTE]

Really?! I'm surprised that Steam would start so soon with the lame daily deals--I figured with the scope and breadth of their catalog, we could go at least a week or two without starting in on the kind of crapware that we typically see on the Impulse daily deals. . . .

[quote name='warreni']Really?! I'm surprised that Steam would start so soon with the lame daily deals--I figured with the scope and breadth of their catalog, we could go at least a week or two without starting in on the kind of crapware that we typically see on the Impulse daily deals. . . .[/QUOTE]

Seems fine to me. This way games that would never have a chance of showing up on midweek/weekend deals without getting major grief for being up there can actually see some spotlight.

[quote name='warreni']Really?! I'm surprised that Steam would start so soon with the lame daily deals--I figured with the scope and breadth of their catalog, we could go at least a week or two without starting in on the kind of crapware that we typically see on the Impulse daily deals. . . .[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised as well. I know they are daily deals so the quality obviously won't be high but I thought the first few days would have some classics like some old Doom or Quake and the like for a couple bucks.

[quote name='outphase']It's not on the Steam homepage. Maybe there's hope![/QUOTE]

No there just to embarressed or ashamed to post that dribble on the Front Page

To be honest, I didn't have much hope for the daily deals from the start. So many of their weekend and midweek deals are already repeats 5 times over. I don't know what they could do with daily deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back