Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paz9x']thats odd.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was like, "Whaaaaat?"

I know I should be a proper PC gamer and love WASD, but I just don't. I'm a handheld gamer first, and I love me some button mashing.

[quote name='brettsp']I wonder if it would be cheaper during the summer sale.[/QUOTE]
The collection was $3 during the winter sale, I think $4.50 last summer if steamgamesales.com is accurate.

Totally worth it either way. Well, so I hear, because I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I just finished the first Winter Voices game. Yes, it's over the top, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, is drowning in symbolish, and likes to crash.

But I like it. The combat style is unique and interesting, requiring you to really think to get through each battle. The characters and relationships are deeper than traditional RPG fare. While the text is certainly too unclear, it may be a result of the game's translation from French. Still, despite it's flaws, I enjoyed my time with the first game. I'm hoping the other episodes go on sale during the summer sale. The game has been on sale plenty of times before.

Oh, and the graphical style is really great and fitting. A lot of love went into this indie game.

[quote name='dfg']How long do weekend deals usually go? FEAR collection is still half off...[/QUOTE]

Normally they end 1 PM EST on Mondays (sometimes 7 PM, depending on what the deal says) so yeah, makes me wonder if they're keeping that price until F3AR comes out tomorrow.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just finished the first Winter Voices game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I added it to my wishlist after they were half off in March figuring I'd keep my eye on it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just finished the first Winter Voices game. Yes, it's over the top, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, is drowning in symbolish, and likes to crash.

But I like it. The combat style is unique and interesting, requiring you to really think to get through each battle. The characters and relationships are deeper than traditional RPG fare. While the text is certainly too unclear, it may be a result of the game's translation from French. Still, despite it's flaws, I enjoyed my time with the first game. I'm hoping the other episodes go on sale during the summer sale. The game has been on sale plenty of times before.

Oh, and the graphical style is really great and fitting. A lot of love went into this indie game.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to play? I bought the prologue during the summer sale but haven't yet played it.

I find it odd that they don't give away the prologue and charge for the episodes. Seems like an obvious model.

[quote name='vherub']I'm pretty sure I used a 360 controller with overlord 2 fine, no need for xpadder.[/QUOTE]

By "standard controller" I think he means "not a 360 controller". Which is completely opposite, because 360 is the standard controller now. Whenever someone is having controller woes on a PC game, it's usually because they're trying to use some Logitech pad or something.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just finished the first Winter Voices game. Yes, it's over the top, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, is drowning in symbolish, and likes to crash.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the the feedback. I had taken a look at Winter Voices before, but wasn't sure.

Has anyone played any of the FTP games? I dl'ed Spiral Knights and Forsaken World and both are decent fun.

[quote name='gunstar808']
Has anyone played any of the FTP games? I dl'ed Spiral Knights and Forsaken World and both are decent fun.[/QUOTE]

Alliance of Valiant Arms isn't terrible. It's like Call of Duty with an arcadey style announcer and cheesy sound effects when you shoot dudes.

[quote name='gcorlett']How long did it take to play? I bought the prologue during the summer sale but haven't yet played it. [/QUOTE]

I was doing other things at my desk while playing, but I would say it would take less than 6 hours to play.

Even though the game crashed or froze about five times during the 8 hours I was playing, the game automatically saves before every battle. It wasn't too inconvenient to return to the battle that just froze.

[quote name='Vegan']By "standard controller" I think he means "not a 360 controller". Which is completely opposite, because 360 is the standard controller now. Whenever someone is having controller woes on a PC game, it's usually because they're trying to use some Logitech pad or something.[/QUOTE]

I actually meant 360 controller. Usually if a game supports the controller, it lists that fact on the store page. In Overlord II's case, it makes no mention of supporting a controller.

Not sure if I am reading it wrong, but it seems that TF2 is free this week. First thing in the morning after work I am not too bright, but I am pretty sure this is what it is.

[quote name='DEDLY CUKE']Not sure if I am reading it wrong, but it seems that TF2 is free this week. First thing in the morning after work I am not too bright, but I am pretty sure this is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Because of the meet the medic update coming they are having a week long free play of team fortress 2.

[quote name='salemhooper']So if i download will TF2 last forever or just last for a week for free?[/QUOTE]

"Welcome to Day One of the Über Update--the biggest, most ambitious update in the history of Team Fortress 2.

We've got a lot to announce as we get closer to the update's release this Thursday, June 23rd. We've been holding one of the surprises pretty close to the vest for months now. We don't want to ruin it, but we'll give you four clues to get you guessing:

1.) It IS a "Meet the" short.
2.) It involves ONE of the two remaining classes.
3.) It's NOT the Pyro.
4.) It's the MEDIC.

Let the speculation begin! While you're puzzling that out, why not click over to the first of our class pack announcements: Mobster Monday. To make sure everything was as accurate as possible, we went deep undercover at the most Italian place we could find, The Olive Garden. We asked the Mafia about a million questions, none of which they understood, because our mouths were full of all the free breadsticks the Mafia gives you when you visit them (they're not such bad guys).

All that hanging out with mob guys must have rubbed off on us, because we've decided to celebrate the Über Update by giving you an offer you can't (or at least shouldn't) refuse--an unprecedented WEEK-LONG FREE WEEKEND of Team Fortress 2, starting right now!

Last but not least, today's the day we reveal our all-new website. Want a link to it? Too bad--you're already there!"

Damn another day without the Summer Sale starting, I'm starting to get impatient. My wallet is getting a figurative case of blue balls from not buying anything on steam. Does anyone know if in the past, the Big sales always start on a monday or can it be any day of the week?

[quote name='Terlan']No mid-week madness deal so far. I wonder might that be a sign of a summer sale coming later this week?[/QUOTE]

Could be? They have been delayed in the past when something big is coming a la Square/Enix week and others. Summer sale is the reason I'm working so much overtime. Aside from getting married in two months, buying a house, and paying for everyday life crap - I can't afford to skimp on good deals this year like last year!

I just checked steams website again and some of the columns on the right were out of place and blank. Maybe getting ready for the deaaaaalsssssssss!

[quote name='Phasher99']Daily Deal - Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack 75% off![/QUOTE]

Every time these games go on sale I have to recommend them. They are amazing point-n-click adventure games that have some of the best humor I've ever experienced in gaming. At $1.25, it's an amazing game duology. Unfortunately, the next planned installment was cancelled last fall. Recently the devs changed their studio name from Zombie Cow to Size Five Games, and it seems like they're gonna be announcing a new game soon, which I'm excited for.

I'm not a PC gamer at all but some of these deals are too good to pass up. I heard about Steam all the time but never really looked into it until recently. I might have to start getting in on these deals.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Every time these games go on sale I have to recommend them. They are amazing point-n-click adventure games that have some of the best humor I've ever experienced in gaming. At $1.25, it's an amazing game duology. Unfortunately, the next planned installment was cancelled last fall. Recently the devs changed their studio name from Zombie Cow to Size Five Games, and it seems like they're gonna be announcing a new game soon, which I'm excited for.[/QUOTE]

bought them based on your feedback.

like to support point and click adventure games as they just bring back that nostalgia feeling we all need once in a while.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Every time these games go on sale I have to recommend them. They are amazing point-n-click adventure games that have some of the best humor I've ever experienced in gaming. At $1.25, it's an amazing game duology. Unfortunately, the next planned installment was cancelled last fall. Recently the devs changed their studio name from Zombie Cow to Size Five Games, and it seems like they're gonna be announcing a new game soon, which I'm excited for.[/QUOTE]

Also bought on your recommendation. I love point and click games and love to support good ones.

Played the demo real quick and definitely enjoyed the humor. T-rex Nazi dinosaurs?! Yeah, that's worth $1.25.

[quote name='Rehykja']Played the demo real quick and definitely enjoyed the humor. T-rex Nazi dinosaurs?! Yeah, that's worth $1.25.[/QUOTE]

Easily worth it... I almost got it last winter for $2.50. I doubt I would have gotten around to it before now, so I'm glad I waited ;)

I wish I would have waited a little longer on a few of the other games in my steam library, lol...

Blood Stone disappointed me. Felt designed by committee. Too safe. No real quality bits,

Quantum of Solace is basically James Bond meets Call of Duty and with all the quality thereof. I found that to be good fun and a lot better than the crappy movie.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Blood Stone disappointed me. Felt designed by committee. Too safe. No real quality bits,

Quantum of Solace is basically James Bond meets Call of Duty and with all the quality thereof. I found that to be good fun and a lot better than the crappy movie.[/QUOTE]

Misread your post as no quality tits. For half a second I was thinking man if he decides his games based on video game jubbilies he must play a lot of crap games ;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Bought as well. Is one a direct sequel to the other, and which one should be played first?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Ben There, Dan That is the first one.

Does anyone know which of these games is supposed to be played first? Ben There, Dan That or Time Gentlemen, Please!

Never mind, careless disregard of previous posts on my part. Sorry!

Got in on the daily deal, and just beat Ben There, Dan That. It was pretty funny, and had a lot of adventure-game referential humor in it. The puzzles were, thankfully, never pixel hunts or logically inconsistent. It was fun to play through. If you like adventure games, you definitely have to get this. Can't go wrong for the price of a candy bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back