Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Play games to earn special Steam Summer Camp Steam Achievements. Each one earns you a Prize Ticket. Then, redeem your Prize Tickets for all kinds of in-game content (cars, maps, hippos, hats, and more...). Prize tickets must be redeemed during the Steam Summer Camp Sale. You can keep track of all this on your Steam Profile page.

I'll be keeping an eye out, although not sure what I want right now. I guess it's better if I decide now what games I want if they go on sale so I don't make any stupid purchases on games that just sit in my library. Those days are over!

Wait. So do little achievements, get tickets, trade tickets in for freeish stuff?
I like what i'm seeing! :D

Wow, just noticed how neither Bulletstorm nor Alice: Madness Returns are on sale.
I just picture the heads at EA yelling "BAH, HUMBUG!" to this whole sale thing. =P

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'll be keeping an eye out, although not sure what I want right now. I guess it's better if I decide now what games I want if they go on sale so I don't make any stupid purchases on games that just sit in my library. Those days are over![/QUOTE]

thats what we all say....................just wait

[quote name='solohunter']are the games on the frontpage the daily deals?

should i get oblivion? i tried it a long time ago and wasn't impressed, although i loved fallout 3...[/QUOTE]
Oblivion with mods, amazing game. Amazing game without them, but with mods it is just phenomenal.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Funny how Borderlands GOTY is on the daily deals section, but isn't discounted?[/QUOTE]

Patience, my friend, it's 75% off if you click it. Everyone is SLAMMING the servers and obviously things are still updating. It's $7.50 for the GOTY, the 4-pack isn't listed as being on sale...yet, but I expect it will in time.

Breathe people, you have 24, that's TWENTY FOUR, hours for the daily deal, not 24 seconds. Let the poor chaps update the site.

Back to the Future is a steal at $12.50. First adventure game I played all the way through, mostly for my love of the film franchise and I dug the episodic release of the content. The season just wrapped up and anyone who is a fan of the franchise should check it out.

Still can't find good deal for my wish list, especially for Square Eidos games. I bought Lara Croft: GoL for $3.74 and Batman: GotY for $4.99 in Gamersgate last weekend deal... no regret for it... ;P
Crap Steam!! Gimme more discount please!!!
75% on Borderland:GOTY and Fallout 3 complete pack would be an instant buy for me!! hahaha!

[quote name='blitztwn36']Breathe people, you have 24, that's TWENTY FOUR, hours for the daily deal, not 24 seconds. Let the poor chaps update the site.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='blitztwn36']

Breathe people, you have 24, that's TWENTY FOUR, hours for the daily deal, not 24 seconds. Let the poor chaps update the site.[/QUOTE]
It's valve, everyone should know this by now :lol:

Crap, steamgamesales.com is down again, but at least I can use Wayback Machine to (sort of) get around.

I think Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is the cheapest I've seen it, so I guess it's time to finally get my own copy. Maybe the Cyan pack depending on how many games I want in it, even though I own Myst 1-3 and Uru.

I'd recommend Arcadia to anyone who likes kind of an Asteroids/Geometry Wars game with a great soundtrack (although I hate how the music restarts when the game ends).

[quote name='wilflare']Recettear or not to Recettear[/QUOTE]

I bought this game last year. I personally love it. Great little item shop game. A steal at 5 bucks

Was hoping for a sale on Oblivion GOTY definitely going to grab that as soon as I can connect to their servers, they're getting hammered right now can't even add the game to the shopping cart. Now I'm waiting for deals on Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas.

[quote name='Terlan']Tempted by Killing floor and its new update, but worried it might be a daily deal later :/[/QUOTE]

Wait for it to pop up at a daily deal and otherwise just buy it on the last day.

Personally hoping for "Dungeons" to go on a daily deal. Still want to have it!

Bit bummed that "Medal of Honor" didn't drop below 10 euro...

Thinking of getting oblivion... but I dunno if I'll ever have time to play (or finish) it. Not sure how easy it is to install mods for it either.

Other than that nothing interesting for me today

[quote name='TerboNurd']So, if it's not a daily deal then you should wait til final day to buy it correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct! The only possible exceptions are ones that are 75% off or more because those aren't likely to drop any lower.

The only thing you "might" see if some kinda of Indie pack deal where they put like 5 games for $5 or $10.

Hmmm, I might bite on some cheap indie games. Thinking of maybe getting the Mawesome Pack... any suggestions on other indie titles?

[quote name='wilflare']Recettear
Bit Trip
Lead and Gold (to share among brothers)
Borderlands GOTY (to share among brothers)

any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Boarderlands is awesome and an absolutely steal at 7.50!

[quote name='wilflare']Recettear
Bit Trip
Lead and Gold (to share among brothers)
Borderlands GOTY (to share among brothers)

any opinions?[/QUOTE]
Borderlands GOTY is highway robbery at $7.50. Seriously that is one hell of a steal.

Hmm might have to gift terrarria for a friend at $7.50. This way me and my friends can all play together.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's valve, everyone should know this by now :lol:[/QUOTE]

I obviously agree, but the way people were flailing about at 1:15 about how lame the sale is, or certain things not being on sale, are overreacting.

On topic -I have vanilla Oblivion on the 360 - dumped 50+ hours into it and almost beat it, figure I'll get the GOTY for shivering isles and knights of the nine. Any thoughts between GOTY and the Deluxe edition with the other DLC items for another $2?

I also have vanilla borderlands on 360, but haven't touched it yet - how's the multiplayer with this game? Most of my friends hate shooters, so I don't really have anyone to play with - but should I just play the vanilla version on 360 or get GOTY on PC?

[quote name='blitztwn36']

I also have vanilla borderlands on 360, but haven't touched it yet - how's the multiplayer with this game? Most of my friends hate shooters, so I don't really have anyone to play with - but should I just play the vanilla version on 360 or get GOTY on PC?[/QUOTE]

Borderlands I HIGHLY recommend GOTY since it comes with 4 extra expansions, one that raises the level cap on the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back