Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel without a Pulse for $2.50, is it worth it?

Also, are there any indie packs? I can't seem to find anything like that on the front page.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Okay, so if BTTF is showing up as "Today's Deals," that means it's a daily deal? And if I'm dying and writhing and mewling for it, I should buy it today?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, but just to let everyone know The Summer Sale has started. I'm having trouble connecting to the store with any consistency. I don't know if it is my internet or steam themselves. Anyone else having connection problems?

I really wish they would fix their servers though. I mean its crazy that every time a sale starts that steam completely crashes. I have given up trying to view stuff right now because I have to reload stuff like 10x to get it to work.

Hey guys, quick question.

I'm looking at the Digi Deluxe of Oblivion GOTY. I know in the past there were issues with getting mods to work, including some super important stuff like OBSE/OBGE. Can anyone confirm if that's all been resolved before I dive in? That's the deal maker/breaker for me is flawless mod support.

Thanks!

So, I'll be out of town for a few days of the sale. If daily deals are too awesome to resist, will there be a way I can buy games on my iphone or something, or do I need to be at home connected to steam to buy them?

Doesn't look like there's anything for me today. Want to get DoW2: Retribution and Witcher2, but I'll wait for them to drop a bit more. Borderlands GOTY is an incredible deal and everybody should get it.

Will probably just grab Toki Tori for the $1.24. Maybe the bit.trip games too.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']What's with these insanely hard to get tickets?!
"Kill 7 enemies in a row with headshots without dying"[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah I noticed that. Probably won't even bother trying to get it.

[quote name='BitLooter']I see Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel without a Pulse for $2.50, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]
For $2.50? Hells yeah. Loved that game. Glad you pointed that out, getting ready to pick that up.

[quote name='erectiontown']So, I'll be out of town for a few days of the sale. If daily deals are too awesome to resist, will there be a way I can buy games on my iphone or something, or do I need to be at home connected to steam to buy them?[/QUOTE]

As long as you can connect to steampowered.com and login in you should be able to buy them.

[quote name='waatulakula']I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, but just to let everyone know The Summer Sale has started. I'm having trouble connecting to the store with any consistency. I don't know if it is my internet or steam themselves. Anyone else having connection problems?[/QUOTE]

LOL, did you not read the last 10 pages?

Can someone tell me what "full points" are in AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa and what world 1-1 is in Bit.Trip.Beat? I'm assuming the former is 5 stars, no clue about the latter though.

[quote name='erectiontown']So, I'll be out of town for a few days of the sale. If daily deals are too awesome to resist, will there be a way I can buy games on my iphone or something, or do I need to be at home connected to steam to buy them?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to order them just fine through your phone's browser. I would give it a test run though. The site is steampowered.com. I'm pretty sure I ordered a weekend deal from my droid at some point.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I really wish they would fix their servers though. I mean its crazy that every time a sale starts that steam completely crashes. I have given up trying to view stuff right now because I have to reload stuff like 10x to get it to work.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of exciting and frustrating all bundled up in a fuzzy ball of happy and itchy.

Was going to buy Oblivion until I noticed they have 2 versions of it. Somehow the GOTY version is the lesser version. Maybe i'm being petty, but that little thing killed it for me. I will be happy with my inferior PS3 version of Oblivion and just wait for Elder Scrolls V instead.

Did pick up Back to the future and item shop though, so still a good day.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Now I'm waiting for deals on Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas.[/QUOTE]
Yes on Fallout 3 GOTY! I hope it's better than last time.
I'm actually going to wait for a New Vegas bundle whatever edition, since I'm sure they'll make one someday.

[quote name='Nexter13']Hopefully Terraria is part of the daily deals later on. On sale now for 25% off.[/QUOTE]
I'm also very hopeful, but for some reason I'm thinking it's "too new" for a better deal. Once it hits the $5 point I'll buy it without a second thought.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Was going to buy Oblivion until I noticed they have 2 versions of it. Somehow the GOTY version is the lesser version.[/QUOTE]
The Deluxe edition gives you every single addon other than the two main expansions for the extra $2.

On another note, from the quick research I did, it looks like the Steam version is the only digital download of Oblivion that works with mods. Direct2Drive encrypts the executables (not sure about Impulse).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Hey guys, quick question.

I'm looking at the Digi Deluxe of Oblivion GOTY. I know in the past there were issues with getting mods to work, including some super important stuff like OBSE/OBGE. Can anyone confirm if that's all been resolved before I dive in? That's the deal maker/breaker for me is flawless mod support.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Oh well that sounds important. I'd like to know that too as I want to be able to install mods.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Can someone tell me what "full points" are in AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa and what world 1-1 is in Bit.Trip.Beat? I'm assuming the former is 5 stars, no clue about the latter though.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wager that 1-1 in Bit.Trip BEAT is just the first x minutes of the first stage. The entire game has 3x clearly labelled stages, so I wouldn't see 1-1 being all of Transition, for instance.

[quote name='Firvagor']...
I'm also very hopeful, but for some reason I'm thinking it's "too new" for a better deal. Once it hits the $5 point I'll buy it without a second thought.
...[/QUOTE]

Never give up hope! I seem to remember Super Meat Boy going up for $3.75 in the Christmas sale a few weeks after release.

[quote name='Machikunas']You should be able to order them just fine through your phone's browser. I would give it a test run though. The site is steampowered.com. I'm pretty sure I ordered a weekend deal from my droid at some point.[/QUOTE]
Good idea. Thanks for the reply.

Guys!!! Is Lead and Gold any good for that 1 buck price? It look pretty good in the demo. Anybody still play it online, though? I'm thinking to buy the 4 pack so I could play with my friends so they can enjoy this summer sale madness lol.

Counterstrike: source + gary's mod was $6.24, I added to my cart, was about to check out, but now it says $16.24 !!!! at the store front page it still says $6.24

[quote name='perfectsil']Counterstrike: source + gary's mod was $6.24, I added to my cart, was about to check out, but now it says $16.24 !!!! at the store front page it still says $6.24[/QUOTE]

Sometimes pricing mistakes happen. Some people manage to get in before pricing is fixed. Perhaps they've adjusted the price since the sale started.

Jeez, the site is collapsing. I'm trying to rank my Wish List and the page kept reloading itself and then lost three titles. fuck!!!! I'll go back and try later.

[quote name='Machikunas']You should be able to order them just fine through your phone's browser. I would give it a test run though. The site is steampowered.com. I'm pretty sure I ordered a weekend deal from my droid at some point.[/QUOTE]
I have purchased via my iPhone on previous sales without issue. Been nice when I've been away from a computer for an extended amount of time.

Someone PM me if they are doing a 4 pack of borderlands and need a 4th. I am willing to do the 5 bucks paypal and can pay immediately. Thank you.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']That's the price for Russia from what I've read. Yeah, they're that lucky.[/QUOTE]

Thing is I am in California, so they teased the shit out of me. Assholes.

on a budget here, so is oblivion deluxe worth the $2 extra? already played it on 360 but want to play with mods especially Morroblivion. Here's hoping that Morrowind will go on sale in a daily deal cause $15 is high for that game, considering Oblivion is dirt cheap as of right now

Will the site stabilize later in the day? After like 15 minutes I was finally able to put Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Recettear in my cart, but still constantly getting connection timed out when I try to purchase. Lunch break is about over too :(

Hope there'll be further sales on The Orange Box and Torchlight.

Oblvion DLC.

From a my own personal gameplay stance it's annoying that to magically craft stuff you have to join the Mages guild. One of the extra DLC things is a tower that lets you craft magical stuff without joining the guild.

See I was in the Thieves guild and to make sure you don't piss off one of the guilds it's better to finish up with one guild quest set before you join the other.

This is of course talking about a vanilla game that you don't mod. There are a ton of mods that fix this.

So if you are going to play a vanilla non modded oblivion on steam then you might want to take back some cans to get the extra $2.

Anyone want to take a guess on the likelihood of any of these games getting cheaper than they already are?:

Silent Hill: Homecoming (50% off)

Vampire: Masquerade (33%)

Dead Space 2 (15 dollars if you get the 2 pack)

since Konami just has all of their games at 50% off, I feel like that is gonna just stay there and I'm not so sure about Vampire. Any guesses?

edit: Jk on the dead space bit, I misread the "you save" part.... I always do that.

What are the mods for Oblivion that make it so great? I tried playing the console version awhile back and found it horribly overated. The combat seemed sluggish, I hated that I was so limited on what I could carry and that the game did not make it clear enough whats important/valuable to keep, your charcter moved boringly slow and the world seemed empty despite claims of it being bustling with things to do(yes there is lots to do, but first you spend 10 mins running through a huge dull empty field).

What do the mods do to make it so much better?

If you want that Lead & Gold achievement for the ticket now is the best time because almost every server I join people are trying to get it. I might have to wait until after the steam summer sale to play this game for real.

So, apparently the Bit.Trip.Beat ticket is actually for Runner. BTB is a pretty cool game that I was looking to get anyhow, but it still bugs me that they mismarked it. I hope they remedy this by either just giving me the ticket, or giving me BTR.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']So, apparently the Bit.Trip.Beat ticket is actually for Runner. BTB is a pretty cool game that I was looking to get anyhow, but it still bugs me that they mismarked it. I hope they remedy this by either just giving me the ticket, or giving me BTR.[/QUOTE]

That would rather perfectly explain the whole 1-1 requirement. I was curious what exactly they meant.

Welp, was going to buy RUNNER anyway. Now I'm getting rewarded for it! Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back