Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd give a quick fist-pump for a good summer sale on one of my favorite indie games, Eufloria. It's 75% off, just $3.75.

Technically, it's an RTS. But a casual version of RTS. It's very down-tempo without a lot of options. It's one of those "Ambient" games, like Osmos, where a lot of the pleasure comes from just sitting back and watching events unfold that you set in motion, and listening to the chilled-out soundtrack.

Not sure why they used Vivaldi on the trailer movie, because it gives the impression of haste and speed and anxiety. The game is very low-stress.

There's a demo, too.

Anyone else played Eufloria and enjoyed it?

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Both Bit.Trip games are daily deals.[/QUOTE]

Guess I missed them then, since the store's being too slow/giving me errors. Oh well, I have Beat on WiiWare anyways.

[quote name='immanewb']The game does have multiple difficulty, much like the Diablo series. Stronger enemies and better guns. Bigger is always better. :lol: What you stated were pre-patched Borderlands. It was pretty horrible since you had to open your ports so people can join your public game. However, it has since been fixed, and the online community is still quite healthy. But the game is definitely more fun when played with a few buddies.

As for the hacked guns, if I remember correctly, they also fixed that, too. I think the game does a check on your weapons now and remove them if they detect that it's a hacked. Not too sure on this, but I do remember them mentioning on a patch note they did something about this.[/QUOTE]
Well good, just too bad they released it in a beta state then. Maybe Greabox wouldn't have lost a customer, too.

[quote name='gcorlett']Thought I'd give a quick fist-pump for a good summer sale on one of my favorite indie games, Eufloria. It's 75% off, just $3.75.

Technically, it's an RTS. But a casual version of RTS. It's very down-tempo without a lot of options. It's one of those "Ambient" games, like Osmos, where a lot of the pleasure comes from just sitting back and watching events unfold that you set in motion, and listening to the chilled-out soundtrack.

Not sure why they used Vivaldi on the trailer movie, because it gives the impression of haste and speed and anxiety. The game is very low-stress.

There's a demo, too.

Anyone else played Eufloria and enjoyed it?[/QUOTE]

I got it in an indie pack but kind of ignored it. Your kind words are pushing me to try it out though. Dunno why I haven't.

[quote name='helmet']/me stares longingly at The Witcher 2..

..See you next time.. ;-;[/QUOTE]

Same here :( But, it will be the same price or even cheaper in 6 months. $25 would require no second thought.

[quote name='gcorlett']Thought I'd give a quick fist-pump for a good summer sale on one of my favorite indie games, Eufloria. It's 75% off, just $3.75.

There's a demo, too.

Anyone else played Eufloria and enjoyed it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation. I tired out the demo and I absolutely love it. Going to purchase during the same for sure.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']7 headshots... without dying... in CS:S...

Now Valve is just trolling.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that shit is ridiculous if you aren't boosting.

With that said, does anyone who has CS:S want to boost it?

Just Cause 2 is a great deal today, but I already have it, I want Shogun 2, but not for $30. Don't care about any of the other daily deals today =/

33.49 -Total War Shogun 2
26.79 Dungeons
17.49 - Train Simulator
7.49 - Hamilton's Great Adventure
44.99 - Call of Duty Black Ops
13.39 - Devil May Cry 4
4.99 - Braid
7.49 - Might and Magic Heroes V
20.09 - Grand Theft Auto Classics
13.39 - Just Cause 2
10.04 - Spacechem

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']7 headshots... without dying... in CS:S...

Now Valve is just trolling.[/QUOTE]
I saw this and thought to myself, yeah... no.

"SHOGUN 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
GTA Classics
Star Wars: (KOTOR, Force Unleashed 2, Battlefront II, Empire at War)
The Heroes Pack
Dungeons
Devil May Cry 4
Just Cause 1 & 2
Railworks
Braid
SpaceChem
Hamilton's Great Adventure"

Not all of them listed on the front page. ^^

the might and magic pack seems to be a good deal - can anyone recommend it?

i remember playing earlier might and magic games when i was little and liking them - how is V? and what/how is Dark Messiah?

[quote name='solohunter']the might and magic pack seems to be a good deal - can anyone recommend it?

i remember playing earlier might and magic games when i was little and liking them - how is V? and what/how is Dark Messiah?[/QUOTE]

This is the only daily deal I am interested in as well, would love some opinions!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I got it in an indie pack but kind of ignored it. Your kind words are pushing me to try it out though. Dunno why I haven't.[/QUOTE]

I played it (Eufloria) during lunches at work over a few weeks. Each "round" has a goal that generally can be completed in 10-60 minutes. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much - it was an oasis during otherwise crummy work days. Plus, it runs well on any hardware... that's a plus too.

Would anyone be interested in trading the Heroes V pack that is the DD today for a copy of Darksiders? (have a spare on steam since i preordered space marine)

[quote name='aus_nacht']33.49 -Total War Shogun 2
26.79 Dungeons
17.49 - Train Simulator
13.39 - Devil May Cry 4
4.99 - Braid
13.39 - Just Cause 2
10.04 - Spacechem[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing those prices. I'm seeing lower.

[quote name='PenguinJim']"SHOGUN 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
GTA Classics
Star Wars: (KOTOR, Force Unleashed 2, Battlefront II, Empire at War)
The Heroes Pack
Dungeons
Devil May Cry 4
Just Cause 1 & 2
Railworks
Braid
SpaceChem
Hamilton's Great Adventure"

Not all of them listed on the front page. ^^[/QUOTE]
Thanks, missed out on Star Wars

[quote name='aus_nacht']13.39 - Just Cause 2[/QUOTE]
That's actually really misleading until you click it. My heart sank when I saw the price and said, "WTF, that's the same price it has been!" Then you realize it's the franchise on sale, with a bunch of DLC and the first game. I'll just take #2 for $5. And now they've fixed the front page, so it's a moot point.

[quote name='aus_nacht']33.49 -Total War Shogun 2
26.79 Dungeons
17.49 - Train Simulator
13.39 - Devil May Cry 4
4.99 - Braid
13.39 - Just Cause 2
10.04 - Spacechem[/QUOTE]
Those are the "normal" sale prices, not the daily sale prices. The daily prices are lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back