Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BluePotato']I'm not seeing those prices. I'm seeing lower.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, steamgamesales.com hasn't caught up yet.

GTA Classics has been ~$7.50 a couple times before, but it's still a great deal.
KOTOR has been $2.50 before, and it's a steal at that price.
Apparently $1.80 is the cheapest the PA Precipice Combo Pack has been (not a daily, though).

Hmm dosnt look like any good deals for me today, maybe braid can anyone recommend it? Although i did pick up Civ V from gamersgate UK this morning for 11 bucks and its activates on steam. Thats the best deal iv seen in the past 2 days.

I'm going to give a recommendation to Just Cause 2. Bought it for new and did not feel ripped off in the slightest. $5 is a steal.
For those who don't know, it's an open world action game with an emphasis on 3D traversal due to always having a grappling hook and parachute.
Warning, the game only runs on Windows 7 and has some of the worst voice acting.

Hehe. Borderlands GOTY was briefly 108% off making it -$2.50 a couple of minutes ago. But by the time I clicked on it they had taken it off and only the four pack was available on the page. :)

[quote name='BluePotato']I'm not seeing those prices. I'm seeing lower.[/QUOTE]

I just pulled it from the main steam page. I'm in the US so maybe that's the problem.

That Star Wars Pack is pretty good. KOTOR - no explanation needed. But the RTS game is a lot of fun. (I am stuck at the sneaking mission though...)

I own the cheap ones from today. :whistle2:( Wallet spared...

[quote name='aus_nacht']I'm in the US so maybe that's the problem.[/QUOTE]
The page just hadn't updated yet. They're the right prices now, except previous dailies like Oblivion GOTY Deluxe aren't displaying the new sale price.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I just pulled it from the main steam page. I'm in the US so maybe that's the problem.[/QUOTE]

They changed it:

29.99 -Total War Shogun 2
13.59 - Dungeons
8.74 - Train Simulator
4.99 - Hamilton's Great Adventure
37.19 - Call of Duty Black Ops
9.99 - Devil May Cry 4
2.49 - Braid
4.99 - Might and Magic Heroes V
7.49 - Grand Theft Auto Classics
4.99 - Just Cause 2
5.09 - Spacechem

Good prices on Just Cause 2 and Braid, everything else is kind of meh.

And thank Christ the 7 headshots in a row in CS:S isn't one of the activities. Easy TF2 activity though. And another easy ticket if you don't mind linking your steam account with facebook.

That Star Wars Pack is pretty good. KOTOR - no explanation needed. But the RTS game is a lot of fun. (I am stuck at the sneaking mission though...)

I own the cheap ones from today. :whistle2:( Wallet spared...

Lol the steam store front is going crazy. Jumping from Day 1 to Day 2 and back again AND we're 30 mins into the sale.
Tsk tsk tsk.. when will you learn Valve!

OMG Empire At War is on sale xD and battlefront are on sale!! thsoe Battlefrong 2 have community/mod support??? Star wars is the tempts for me today xD

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Does anyone recommend Just Cause 1 if I loved the second? Has it aged well?[/QUOTE]

JC2 is amazing, JC1 not so much. I didn't like it much at all but loved 2.

I dont see any tickets for TF2? Is there somewhere other than the ticket store page where they show what achievements give you tickets?

Thinking about picking up the Might and Magic Heroes pack. I already have Dark Messiah, I just want M&M 5. Ahh I just noticed they added Codemasters to the Publisher catalogue sale. F1 2010 is now 33% off... was hoping for 50-66% off. I can't decide if I want to buy or hope for a daily sale =/

Blah, I just bought san andreas a few days ago so if i buy the pack that one gets wasted.... i just want vice city but for 75 cents more I get gta3 too, might as well do that.

Is Force Unleashed 2 worth it for $9.99? I've heard mixed reviews, mostly bad though...

edit: Nevermind, screw this game

Really tempted on Just Cause 2. I've heard great things.

Only thing is, I'm afraid my machine may not be able to run it (I THINK I tried the demo once. I honestly can't remember), and, beyond that, it looks like it might be more enjoyable with a controller.

I dunno. Hahahaha. $5 isn't that much. I might give it a try.

[quote name='dmdragon']JC2 is amazing, JC1 not so much. I didn't like it much at all but loved 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with this poster 100%.

Just cause 2 was one of the best games I have played in a very long time and I absolutely loved it.

However, Just Cause 1 is a truly awful game. Avoid that one like the plague!

I'll be the first person to recommend Hamilton's Great Adventure. I got it during release week for $9, am almost at the end of the third area, and really like it. It's basically a maze puzzle where you have to determine how to navigate each stage without leaving yourself stuck, as the walkways disintegrate beneath you. Made by the Lead & Gold guys, but not remotely similar.

Went ahead and grabbed DMC4 (yay moving my game library over to PC!) as well as the Heroes Pack.

I may be a little biased in saying this (with Heroes V possibly being my favorite in the series) but I HIGHLY recommend the Heroes pack for $5. It's a nice and cheap package that nets you some solid, classic Heroes of Might & Magic gameplay with a metric crapton of units. Oh, and you get Dark Messiah (which looks to be more similar to old Might & Magic for gameplay) too.

Definitely worth the $5 for the pack.

[quote name='dmdragon']how the hell do i link my facebook to steam, can't find the option.[/QUOTE]

Click on Community and there should be an option on the right side about half way down the page.

[quote name='Doomtime']Click on Community and there should be an option on the right side about half way down the page.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

Empire at War is a great game, I love it.

Battlefront 2, I've heard iffy things about finding MP games. Used to read the forums at Steam to see how it was.

[quote name='happy']Anyone know anything about dark messiah of might and magic? I'll probably buy the pack for HOMM V anyway.[/QUOTE]

Um, it's fun. It uses Source, and it's older so it's pretty easy on your system. It's billed as a "play it your way" game, where you can be a fighter-type, magic-type, or sneaky-type. Each level, you get points to use in skill trees that focus generally on these three archetypes.

That part didn't work out so well. I tried it specializing in thief skills, and was really disappointed when, about 8 hours in, the game came to an arena-type situation where I had to beat a boss battle (he had henchmen, too) and I was a no-armor, sneak & backstab guy with a bow and arrow. It didn't go well. I ended up sort of cheating the game by wedging myself behind a pillar where they couldn't get me, and shooting arrows when they would wander into my FOV. It was lame.

At that point, I quit. But I do want to finish it. Or, really, start over with a more fighterly-type.

One neat thing - you can kick opponents. The game is FILLED with opportunities to run up and shove bad guys off cliffs, or into spikey things. That never gets old. It's great.

Ok I'm a dork, but I have around a 100 hours in Sid Meyer's Railroads. My 3yo and 5yo sons love watching and I admit I enjoy it!

Anyway, can anyone tell me if Railworks 2 any good?

It looks totally different than SMR. Trains is the only common theme...

Thanks for help!

[quote name='jester55']Ok I'm a dork, but I have around a 100 hours in Sid Meyer's Railroads. My 3yo and 5yo sons love watching and I admit I enjoy it!

Anyway, can anyone tell me if Railworks 2 any good?

It looks totally different than SMR. Trains is the only common theme...

Thanks for help![/QUOTE]

It's good. But it's nothing like SMR. It's a very serious train sim. There is an arcade mode where the controls are standardized, but the game is about driving trains safely from point A to point B, and enjoying the scenery and sounds along the way. I actually wish the scenery was better, but the sounds are fantastic.

Railworks is similar to/related to Rail Simulator, and Microsoft Train Simulator, if you've ever played those earlier games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back