Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
would my Radeon HD 5770 be able to withstand BC2?
i have an i7, 8gb ram if you are wondering

No i dont have the desktop with me right now so i can not check

[quote name='Kaltic']Half-Life Complete for $10 is pretty darn good[/QUOTE]

It's a fantastic deal if you don't have any of them. Unfortunately I have all but Episode One & Two and those aren't on sale individually.

EDIT: Nevermind, they just dropped the individual prices.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam is on sale for $5.10, is it worth it for someone who doesn't play shooters online a lot? I've got BFBC2 on steam and was hoping to get the Vietnam expansion, don't know much about it though.

[quote name='cRodz']would my Radeon HD 5770 be able to withstand BC2?

No i dont have the desktop with me right now so i can not check[/QUOTE]

I run it on a laptop with a crossfire 3870's it runs on high just fine

to bad I have Battlefield BC 2, single campaign at that price is awesome, I loved the single player campaign at the higher price I payed, never did much multiplayer.... overall Graphics and Gameplay is far superior to COD's latest IMO.

Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or higher
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Graphics: 512 MB Video Card (GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870)
    • Controller Support: Support for Logitech G15 and G19 keyboard LCDs in multiplayer
You should be fine.

[quote name='mrsamsa']Vietnam's multiplayer only. It's great, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to think about it. Probably will grab it at that price anyway.

Gonna pick up Bioshock and Half-Life Complete. So far, my bill is up to $20, with Battlefront 2 and KotOR yesterday. Plus, I've never spent more than $7.xx on any one transaction on Steam. Well, now I can finally check out all the hullabaloo around Half-Life and have Bioshock ready once I finally decide on a video card. Might come back for BFBC2 later.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam is on sale for $5.10, is it worth it for someone who doesn't play shooters online a lot? I've got BFBC2 on steam and was hoping to get the Vietnam expansion, don't know much about it though.[/QUOTE]

It feels like a quicker paced infantry version of BC2 essentially, which is exactly what I wanted (Because I can only stand Helis, Tanks, and Snipers on Heavy Metal for so long). It packs quite a bit of content in there for $5. You get 4 (or 3?) new maps, new weapons, vehicles, sounds, textures and all that nonsense.

But for someone that doesn't play shooters a lot? As long as you can have fun and enjoy dieing then any shooter is for you, if not then there won't be a lot of shooters for you. That is unless you are still quite good even though you rarely play.

[quote name='justme99z']Wow, nothing for me today I think.

I might give in to Darksiders, but everything on sale that I want I already have...[/QUOTE]

I feel that same way, except I bought Darksiders at $10 and never got around to it...
Probably a good day to pick up my wishlisted games that are already 75%+ off.

[quote name='mercilessming']Just wondering if Darkriders worth the 5 already got Garshasp which is the same "type" of game......getting magicka complete for sure...[/QUOTE]
Darksiders was one of my favorite games of 2010. I haven't played it on PC, but if you have a controller for your PC it's a must buy at $5

[quote name='Ardrid']Damn, tempted by Bioshock 2. Been waiting for it to get around to $5 for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Get in on a 4 pack and it comes down to 3.xx

[quote name='waatulakula']I run it on a laptop with a crossfire 3870's it runs on high just fine[/QUOTE]

Played it on a MSI GREEN edition GTS 250 "Underclocked gts 250" with 8gig ram, win7, quad core AMD and played just fine so you 5770 should play it even better....since from what I remember 5770 is equal to a higher end 250/260 but with Direct X 11 compatiblity.

Magicka... Don't know if I should break on Day 3 or try and hold out longer. I've also heard good things about Horde. Already know I'm gonna end up getting the 2k Complete pack. DAMN YOU STEAM!!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's a fantastic deal if you don't have any of them. Unfortunately I have all but Episode One & Two and those aren't on sale individually.

EDIT: Nevermind, they just dropped the individual prices.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it with your edit. I was about to tell you that you can grab both episodes for $2 a piece.

Link for the topic for finding people for 4 packs? I am trying to find a group to do a Magicka 5 pack.

Also are all the Magicka Xpacks multiplayer focused? Sounds like it and I would not be suprised since I have heard the game is very multiplayer focused in general. Is this even worth picking up for someone that plays solo like myself?

perfectly, i have the same card running on amd phenom 2

Kinda disappointed with the sale so far :/
Nothing that I absolutely wanted went on sale.
Still unsure whether or not to get Darksiders and Bioshock 2.

Aha, you almost got me, Steam! All that Half-Life on sale looks nice, but let's stop dicking around. Give me the Orange Box on a real sale.

Darksiders is tempting at $5, but I won't play it anytime soon, so I can wait on that. I've already spent a good amount of money on publisher packages.

[quote name='mercilessming']Just wondering if Darksiders worth the 5 already got Garshasp which is the same "type" of game......getting magicka complete for sure...[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is like Zelda with God of War combat and about 100 times better than Garshasp is.

To anybody who wants the "Introduce yourself" camp activity: I will be accepting all friend requests until the activities cycle. Username evilmrhenry

Also, I'm interested in getting into a Hoard and Magica 4 pack; is there a thread for that? (I can't be the originator, as I live in Washington, so I'd be paying sales tax.)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Aha, you almost got me, Steam! All that Half-Life on sale looks nice, but let's stop dicking around. Give me the Orange Box on a real sale.
[/QUOTE]

TF2 is free... There should still be those graphic card promos for a free Portal... and all the Half-Life 2 games are on sale... I would say that the Orange Box is on sale.

[quote name='Kaltic']TF2 is free... There should still be those graphic card promos for a free Portal... and all the Half-Life 2 games are on sale... I would say that the Orange Box is on sale.[/QUOTE]
And click on those games individually? Do I look like I have time to sit around on the computer?

[quote name='paulcalypse']Has there ever been a Bioshock bundle (1&2 together) for less than $10?

Feeling exceptionally cheap today.[/QUOTE]

Both games were on sale for $4.99 a couple months back.

Thinking about Hoard for today. I had a lot of fun with Fable 3 even though many people hated it. Seems like a decent price for the PC version.

[quote name='Kaltic']Get in on a 4 pack and it comes down to 3.xx[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like the option is available since it's a daily deal. Could be a screw-up on Steam's part but I'm definitely not seeing the option to buy a 4-pack.

[quote name='Blade3D']Is the DLC for Magicka worth it?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to be playing solo, not really. But if you plan on playing online a lot (particularly the PvP), then they're a nice pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back