Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']And click on those games individually? Do I look like I have time to sit around on the computer?[/QUOTE]

Just do it you Spoony Bard.

[quote name='kyrhon']WTF. i JUST got BFBC2 via amazon for origin. this makes me sad. ):[/QUOTE]

You could go into Steam and add it as a NON-STEAM game, so you get SOME of the Steam benefits (Screenshot-taking, Steam Friends Overlay)...

[quote name='mercilessming']Just wondering if Darkriders worth the 5 already got Garshasp which is the same "type" of game......getting magicka complete for sure...[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is the real deal. It's an amazing game. Imagine DMC4 + Zelda + a really cool character/world and you have Darksiders.

If anyone is even remotely interested - don't pass this game up for this price!

[quote name='Kaltic']Get in on a 4 pack and it comes down to 3.xx[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir. Anyone interested in a 4-pack? I can start one. Just shoot me a PM if you're in.

1. Ardrid
2. FrozenCorpse
3. Blade3D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']Thank you, sir. Anyone interested in a 4-pack?[/QUOTE]

Actually they removed the 4-pack option from the sale page, which is funny because when I posted that comment it had a discounted 4-pack option there.

[quote name='alangee']Has Super Meat Boy ever been cheaper than $7.49?[/QUOTE]

You can check Steamdeals, but I'm pretty sure it has been 5 or less..

There's some nifty little prizes for the Summer Camp promotion. I've already redeemed one prize for a game I own, but I'm interested in 3 other prizes for games I don't own yet. If I activate the prize and then get the game down the road, you think the prize will still appear/activate?

Christ, I'm not going to scan through 216 pages to figure out when discussion of the new sale began.

Just a heads up, best deal I've seen so far is the two Penny Arcade games bundled for $1.80. Absolutely worth it for that price.

[quote name='Leggo']Christ, I'm not going to scan through 216 pages to figure out when discussion of the new sale began.

Just a heads up, best deal I've seen so far is the two Penny Arcade games bundled for $1.80. Absolutely worth it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Discussion starts around page 490 if I recall properly. And yes, that is a good deal. I already owned them but haven't played them yet, so that's a bit of hearsay on my part.

Apparently Steam hates me because I have now lost all of my tickets.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I wasn't logged into Steam even though it said I was logged in, could see my friends list, and then proceeded to post a comment which steam allowed. I did all of this under my account while somehow not being logged in.

[quote name='mercilessming']Just wondering if Darkriders worth the 5 already got Garshasp which is the same "type" of game......getting magicka complete for sure...[/QUOTE]

As others have said, Darksiders is a great deal for $5 (already own it on PS3 and thinking about getting a PC copy for that price).

The only negatives that can be said about the game is that (1) it doesn't quite live up to its potential (ex- a portal gun that can only be used on a certain surface, weapons/combat are really good, not great), and (2) being hell's fetch-quest boy gets a little tiresome after a while, and seems like a bit of a lazy mechanic for the bringer of war. It could also be argued that the 90s comic book storyline is complete dribble (which it is).

Still, $5 for a better than average game that lasts at least 12 hours is a great deal.

Think I'm going to pass today as well, maybe BFBC2 complete, already have it for PS3 but $10 for the game and Vietnam (which I don't have yet) might just be too good to pass up.

[quote name='11440']steamgamesales.com has not updated yet today. Are there alternatives to it and steamwatch.com?[/QUOTE]

Going through each game in steam, writing down their prices, and then comparing each day to see what changed?

I'm torn between Magicka complete and just regular Magicka, i want a few dlc but it looks like most are verses maps which seems to be multyplayer and i probably won't be playing multyplayer. I want Vietnam. Nippon and Marshlands. Is the dlc worth the $5?

[quote name='jab1235']I'm torn between Magicka complete and just regular Magicka, i want a few dlc but it looks like most are verses maps which seems to be multyplayer and i probably won't be playing multyplayer. I want Vietnam. Nippon and Marshlands. Is the dlc worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'd like to know too.

For those who care about the activities....

Hoard - Fireth of July (cause 20 fireworks to go off during a Horde Mode level)
In Hoard mode, the only way to heal yourself is to collect princesses. And the only way that fireworks go off is when knights bring the princesses back to castles. So you have to burn the royal carriages which drop the princess and then let the knights take her. Do that 20 times.

Jolly Rover - Bon Voyage (Send a shipmate on a trip to remember)
Just play the first 15 minutes or so. You can't progress the story if you don't do this part. I won't give it away, but it's in the Galley and involves the cook.

Super Meat Boy - Medium Rare (Spend as little time in hell as possible)
This one is ridiculous. You have to get A+ in both the light AND dark versions of Hell. fuck that. Although if you want to cheat, some folks have uploaded a save file at this thread.

My friend think that he made a bad decission, he bought that Valve complete pack later to find that all Half Life series were 75% off.
Gezzz....anybody think those featured pack not worth the money because few of the games that included appear in the daily deals?
Seriously, I'm thinking to buy that THQ bundle but since Darksider is in daily deal... I hesitate.

It's a shame I've never seen RE5 go under $15. Fable 3 for $25 would be a good deal.... if it came with the DLC.

Gotta say i'm a little disappointed again today but I bought a bunch of games last sale so its ok :p All these games should have 4 packs though :p

[quote name='Kaltic']Going through each game in steam, writing down their prices, and then comparing each day to see what changed?[/QUOTE]

Someone get Shipwreck on the line.

How does Half life/half life blue shift/ half life opposing force hold up? Worth $6 or shold I just buy the half life 2 episodes on their own?

I love strategy and simulation games of yore. Looking at Football Manager 2011 reminds me of those games--almost reminds me a bit of X-COM more than anything oddly enough.

I don't like sports, though. I just don't really have interest in them (though a good game like this might actually make me like soccer--golf games as a kid made me like golf). Would I still like FM 2011?

[quote name='lassiterb']I can't believe Meat Boy is twice the price it was in the last holiday sale. What a shame, I would have gotten it for 3.xx.[/QUOTE]

Same here... I thought sale prices were supposed to go DOWN over time...

I have it on 360, so I passed last sale. Wouldn't mind having it on steam for around $3 and some change. Oh well, maybe the winter sale.

[quote name='Kaoz']How does Half life/half life blue shift/ half life opposing force hold up? Worth $6 or shold I just buy the half life 2 episodes on their own?[/QUOTE]

opposing force is worth it imo

[quote name='Phrozenx']It's a shame I've never seen RE5 go under $15. Fable 3 for $25 would be a good deal....
Gotta say i'm a little disappointed again today[/QUOTE]

Definitely, I freakin want Fable 3 go under $20 hahaha. Just wait if Steam going to make it happen., I'm checkin another DD service as well.
Kinda disappointed with today deal, at least I already got Civilization V for the cheapest price ever yesterday hahaha...

[quote name='Therapy']Nothing of interest for me today :) although maybe hoard. Any thoughts on that?[/QUOTE]

Hoard is actually pretty entertaining. I have had fun with it, there is a demo too just in case you want to try it before ya buy it!

In for Darksiders. Wanted that one for a while but managed to resist thanks to my backlog and glad I did. I doubt it will ever go below $5 so now is a good time to pick it up.

Disappointed that SMB isn't cheaper, I passed it in the holiday sale and have regretted it since, especially since it has been on sale a couple of times since but never at the same price.

Now I need Batman to finally hit $5!

Hrm, the two things I'm looking at - Magicka & Half-Life complete.

Magicka - seems like I have the same questions as most people - I'm interested in it for the single-player/coop game, not so much for the dueling aspects. Is the DLC worth it?

I think I'm going to hold off on Half-life. I'll be surprised if they're not the same price in a future sale, and I've got plenty of backlog to keep me busy until then.

Thankfully, there hasn't been too much else to I've been after so far.

[quote name='INCyr']Magicka - seems like I have the same questions as most people - I'm interested in it for the single-player/coop game, not so much for the dueling aspects. Is the DLC worth it?[/QUOTE]

Just avoid the PvP maps. The rest of the DLC is worth it. Especially while it's on sale.

[quote name='justme99z']Hoard is actually pretty entertaining. I have had fun with it, there is a demo too just in case you want to try it before ya buy it![/QUOTE]

Woops didn't notice the demo :) gonna try it thanks!

[quote name='INCyr']
Magicka - seems like I have the same questions as most people - I'm interested in it for the single-player/coop game, not so much for the dueling aspects. Is the DLC worth it?

[/QUOTE]

I find Magicka pretty boring single player. Co-op is reasonably fun. But I've only played with one other person I reckon it's most fun with 4 players. But what bothers me about the game is that it keeps stuttering. My pc is killer (which you don't even need for the game) but it stutters nonetheless. Extremely annoying and as far as I know it still hasn''t been fixed.

If you don't like duelling then the DLC maps won't be of any use to you I reckon. The outfits are just that: outfits. You can also wear them in SP.

You should definitely get Vietnam DLC with it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back