Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']We know it will happen, yet people will still run around yelling, "HEY! Why is Steam broken? Why can 't they get their shit together?"[/QUOTE]

That's part of the fun of Steam Sales ;)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']We know it will happen, yet people will still run around yelling, "HEY! Why is Steam broken? Why can 't they get their shit together?"[/QUOTE]

They just can't handle the insane bandwidth of crazy PC gamers all wanting the same crazy deals.

After tossing some orders in on Steam [it's inevitable], I'll just wait for the sale's over and try downloading at weird times - i.e. I was getting good DL speeds when I woke up, early this morning! :p

I'll just make sure if I buy a EA Game from Steam, if it can activate on Origin, I'll just hop activate the key there. :p

[quote name='utopianmachine']I guess I should have specified something more old-schooley or indie-ish. Like Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Regarding turn-based old-school indie RPGs, you are the target audience for Spiderweb software's work. It doesn't get any more indie than this. One guy working on these fantastic little RPGs with 1990's graphics. Makes a living doing it, but not a killing.

http://www.spidweb.com/

The games have nice demos.

Some of his games are now featured on Gamersgate, but do the dev a favor and buy from his website, if you buy.

I have fairly high hopes that Mass Effect may go on sale before the end of the sales despite what everyone has been saying.

Medal of Honor was onsale the first day.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 was on sale the second day.

Only time will tell...

Cant believe the only thing I've bought so far is Rift of all things....

Buying an MMO is the opposite of CAG behavior :p

I think Im getting Hoarde on someone's share- a lot of these games I already have on consoles or have on steam (like SMB). I hate to be an elitist, but a lot of these indie games its hard to pull the trigger when i google their IGN reviews...

[quote name='gcorlett']Regarding turn-based old-school indie RPGs, you are the target audience for Spiderweb software's work. It doesn't get any more indie than this. One guy working on these fantastic little RPGs with 1990's graphics. Makes a living doing it, but not a killing.

http://www.spidweb.com/

The games have nice demos.

Some of his games are now featured on Gamersgate, but do the dev a favor and buy from his website, if you buy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check those out.

[quote name='Jackhole85']Torchlight for $3? Alright.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I just saw Direct2Drive's deals for today, and torchlight is 5.95

Definitely getting it via steam!!! Supposed to be a great game :)

Huzzah! Another day of no purchases for me (Already have Torchlight and Defense Grid). Keep it up, Steam, and my TellTale Games and Meridian 4 Complete purchases will average out to only mildly painful.

attachment.php

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']LOL, I just saw Direct2Drive's deals for today, and torchlight is 5.95

Definitely getting it via steam!!! Supposed to be a great game :)[/QUOTE]

Torchlight's a lot of fun.
Think Diablo 1-gone-Steampunk.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']LOL, I just saw Direct2Drive's deals for today, and torchlight is 5.95

Definitely getting it via steam!!! Supposed to be a great game :)[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is a great game if you like dungeon crawling action rpgs like Diablo or Titan's Quest.

I loved Tropico 1 and 2 and have found 3 to be great. If you liked the first 2 there is no reason you wouldn't like the next one. The only annoying this i found were the garages were too big, but they fixed that in the expansion. Can't wait for Tropico 4!

[quote name='MysterD']Torchlight's a lot of fun.
Think Diablo 1-gone-Steampunk.[/QUOTE]

With no multiplayer, the best part of Diablo.

Hence why even at $3, after everybody saying the game is great, I'm still probably not going to buy it.

[quote name='gunstar808']MOAR military games please!

Someone was asking for Transformers many pages back, that guy should be happy.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's actually even better than I was expecting to pay. At least that's the ONLY game I am getting today.

Yum Yum, new deals today! Get em while their hot.

For anyone curious about Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days, I got it awhile back for $5, I'm surprised it's not a tiny bit lower - but overall it's a fun game. Not a ton of replay value, but it's pretty damn awesome in it's own roller coaster ride storyline. There's mixed reviews, but I recommend it for the thrills.

Can't go wrong with Modern Warefare 2, though I'm SURPRISED it's not lower than 19.99 at this point. Wow.

Sniper, not sure but I have heard more meh reviews than good.

Tropico 3 Gold Edition for $4.99 seems pretty nice. 2 games in one. I swear I saw a deal for $5 with even the Tropico 2 in the past. Hmm

I wish I could buy Torchlight again... and Defense Grid for that matter. Nothing else really interests me, I was hoping Steam would at least pricematch Amazon on DA: Ultimate, HOLY SHIT I just re-checked the page and now it's 10.20. Bought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back